logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#21 Posted : 01 May 2009 08:16:47(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
beefstew26 wrote:
The first US casualty was in New York, my home state. I hope it doesn't get too bad. (Although it appears to already have)

Excuse me if the following statement looks like I'm against Mexico, it is not meant in that way.

Did you notice that the death was:
- 1. A young child, I think 4 years of age?
- 2. A Mexican?

Yeah thats what i was thinking, not being racist or anything but do mexicans have shitty immune systems or something?
Offline old.gregg  
#22 Posted : 01 May 2009 08:27:11(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Aj wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
beefstew26 wrote:
The first US casualty was in New York, my home state. I hope it doesn't get too bad. (Although it appears to already have)

Excuse me if the following statement looks like I'm against Mexico, it is not meant in that way.

- 2. A Mexican?

Yeah thats what i was thinking, not being racist or anything but do mexicans have shitty immune systems or something?

It's more the environment in which some Mexicans are living, or the lifestyle etc., than having a poor immune system directly. Tightly packed housing, for instance.

Edited by user 01 May 2009 08:27:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-
Offline Aj  
#23 Posted : 01 May 2009 08:31:58(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
Aj wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
beefstew26 wrote:

- 2. A Mexican?

It's more the environment in which some Mexicans are living, or the lifestyle etc., than having a poor immune system directly. Tightly packed housing, for instance.

ah okay, what i heard though is if it merges with bird flu basically we're all fucked and thats what their all worried about, is that true?
Offline old.gregg  
#24 Posted : 01 May 2009 08:45:06(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

You'll have to get someone else to answer that one, mate. I don't really know. I do know that currently, it can be treated with antiviral treatments. It's if it mutates and that doesn't work anymore.. or something.

At the moment, it's being exaggerated somewhat, in my opinion. Especially over here in the UK. Just do what you'd normally do in flu season (and hopefully all year round :P) and cover your mouth if you cough, wash your hands regularly, aswell as surfaces in kitchens etc. All that stuff :P

Edited by user 01 May 2009 08:48:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-
Offline Raphaela  
#25 Posted : 06 May 2009 00:24:26(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
BBC -- There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in London due to mutation of the H1N1 virus into new strain: H1Z1.
Similar to a scare originally found in Cambodia back in 2005, victims of a new strain of the swine flu virus H1N1 have been reported in London.
After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”
The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alert to phase six, its highest level, and advised governments to activate pandemic contingency plans.
In Mexico, the epicentre of the outbreak, President Felipe Calderon urged people to stay at home over the next five days.

CONFIRMED CASES

Mexico: 168 suspected deaths - eight confirmed - 12 zombies
US: one death, at least 91 confirmed cases
New Zealand: 13 confirmed cases
Canada: 19 confirmed cases
UK: 5 confirmed cases
Spain: 10 confirmed cases
Germany: 3 confirmed cases
Israel, Costa Rica: 2 confirmed cases each
The Netherland, Switzerland, Austria, Peru: 1 confirmed case each

There are many cases elsewhere - including the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Israel, and New Zealand.
BBC health correspondent Mark McGrith says the raising of the WHO alert on Wednesday suggests a global epidemic, or pandemic, is imminent.
In the latest developments:
The Netherlands confirms its first case of zombie swine flu, in a three-year-old boy recently returned from Mexico. After passing away early this morning, he rose from the dead and lunged at his mother.
Ghana has become the latest country to ban pork imports as a precaution against swine flu, though no cases have been found in the West African country
China's health minister says that the country's scientists have developed a "sensitive and fast" test for spotting swine flu in conjunction with US scientists and the WHO. The country has recorded no incidence of the flu yet. There methods, however, have been uneffective in spotting the H1Z1 strain.
At the meeting of health ministers in Luxembourg, a French proposal for a continent-wide travel advisory for Mexico will be discussed.

SYMPTOMS - WHAT TO DO
Swine flu symptoms are similar to those produced by ordinary seasonal flu - fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, chills and fatigue
If you have flu symptoms and recently visited affected areas of Mexico, you should seek medical advice
If you suspect you are infected, you should stay at home and take advice by telephone initially, in order to minimise the risk of infection
If you feel yourself passing away, then notice your strength and vigor returning at an alarming rate, please attempt to restrain yourself to prevent infection and harm to others.

Q&A: What is swine flu?
Swine flu: How serious a threat?
Can masks help spread?
The quest for a swine flu vaccine
It is unclear whether the EU executive has the power to impose a travel ban.
Several countries have restricted travel to Mexico and many tour operators have cancelled holidays.
Other members are resisting calls to implement travel bans or close borders, on the grounds - backed by the WHO - that there is little evidence of their efficacy.
The EU ministers will also try to agree on how to refer to the new virus.
The European Commission has been calling it "novel flu", replacing the word "swine" to avoid prompting a fall in demand for pork and bacon.
On Wednesday, Egypt began a mass slaughter of its pigs - even though the WHO says the virus was now being transmitted from human to human.

Link: http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm

WE'RE DOOMED!
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Averex  
#26 Posted : 06 May 2009 00:34:54(UTC)
Averex

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
BBC -- There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in London due to mutation of the H1N1 virus into new strain: H1Z1.
Similar to a scare originally found in Cambodia back in 2005, victims of a new strain of the swine flu virus H1N1 have been reported in London.
After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”
The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alert to phase six, its highest level, and advised governments to activate pandemic contingency plans.
In Mexico, the epicentre of the outbreak, President Felipe Calderon urged people to stay at home over the next five days.

CONFIRMED CASES

Mexico: 168 suspected deaths - eight confirmed - 12 zombies
US: one death, at least 91 confirmed cases
New Zealand: 13 confirmed cases
Canada: 19 confirmed cases
UK: 5 confirmed cases
Spain: 10 confirmed cases
Germany: 3 confirmed cases
Israel, Costa Rica: 2 confirmed cases each
The Netherland, Switzerland, Austria, Peru: 1 confirmed case each

There are many cases elsewhere - including the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Israel, and New Zealand.
BBC health correspondent Mark McGrith says the raising of the WHO alert on Wednesday suggests a global epidemic, or pandemic, is imminent.
In the latest developments:
The Netherlands confirms its first case of zombie swine flu, in a three-year-old boy recently returned from Mexico. After passing away early this morning, he rose from the dead and lunged at his mother.
Ghana has become the latest country to ban pork imports as a precaution against swine flu, though no cases have been found in the West African country
China's health minister says that the country's scientists have developed a "sensitive and fast" test for spotting swine flu in conjunction with US scientists and the WHO. The country has recorded no incidence of the flu yet. There methods, however, have been uneffective in spotting the H1Z1 strain.
At the meeting of health ministers in Luxembourg, a French proposal for a continent-wide travel advisory for Mexico will be discussed.

SYMPTOMS - WHAT TO DO
Swine flu symptoms are similar to those produced by ordinary seasonal flu - fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, chills and fatigue
If you have flu symptoms and recently visited affected areas of Mexico, you should seek medical advice
If you suspect you are infected, you should stay at home and take advice by telephone initially, in order to minimise the risk of infection
If you feel yourself passing away, then notice your strength and vigor returning at an alarming rate, please attempt to restrain yourself to prevent infection and harm to others.

Q&A: What is swine flu?
Swine flu: How serious a threat?
Can masks help spread?
The quest for a swine flu vaccine
It is unclear whether the EU executive has the power to impose a travel ban.
Several countries have restricted travel to Mexico and many tour operators have cancelled holidays.
Other members are resisting calls to implement travel bans or close borders, on the grounds - backed by the WHO - that there is little evidence of their efficacy.
The EU ministers will also try to agree on how to refer to the new virus.
The European Commission has been calling it "novel flu", replacing the word "swine" to avoid prompting a fall in demand for pork and bacon.
On Wednesday, Egypt began a mass slaughter of its pigs - even though the WHO says the virus was now being transmitted from human to human.

WE'RE DOOMED!

Sounds like I AM LEGEND lol
UserPostedImage
Offline Ahuvah  
#27 Posted : 06 May 2009 04:12:33(UTC)
Ahuvah

Raphaela wrote:

WE'RE DOOMED!

Guys. Did any of you check the reliability of this website? I checked the BBC thoroughly and I found nothing about zombism. The whole page, sure, looks like the BBC website but still... I cannot find this information anywhere in the mainstream media. Not that I trust the mainstream media too much but it's kinda odd not to see it in CNN, BBC or NBC and to see it on a website the origin of which you cannot really find at all...

Although, I gotta admit. In the beginning I though about going back to my shooting practices (I used to be in a sports team) and going back to playing [i]Quake
, which, of course is an ultimate classic for me.
Offline xNightsidex  
#28 Posted : 06 May 2009 04:26:34(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
AHAHAH the zombism thing!!

We were talking about something so similar in college today as a joke, then I come home to that!
Offline Ahuvah  
#29 Posted : 06 May 2009 04:29:51(UTC)
Ahuvah

Here you go guys: http://www.abovetopsecre...m/forum/thread460395/pg1
Of course there will always exist some freaks who will say that this is the truth but the mainstream media blocked and censored this information and it is all a plan to destroy us all (like these guys from the New World Order or something). But, luckily, there's still difference between resistance against government and paranoia :-D

But it was a great info, though. Thanks, Raphaela! For a minute it really fooled me, I have to admit :-)
Offline old.gregg  
#30 Posted : 06 May 2009 06:18:21(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Just for all of those who were wondering if you had any signs of it, or for those who are interested in reading up on the symptoms:
http://doihaveswineflu.org/
-
Offline Ahuvah  
#31 Posted : 06 May 2009 06:26:11(UTC)
Ahuvah

old.gregg wrote:
Just for all of those who were wondering if you had any signs of it, or for those who are interested in reading up on the symptoms:
http://doihaveswineflu.org/

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline xNightsidex  
#32 Posted : 06 May 2009 07:20:21(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

k it wasn't THAT funny...
Offline Rincewind  
#33 Posted : 07 May 2009 04:00:26(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
its porkageddon!!!
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline old.gregg  
#34 Posted : 07 May 2009 05:53:58(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

(Only really applicable to the UK forumites :P)

Did we all get our advice guides on swine flu through our doors today?
-
Offline xNightsidex  
#35 Posted : 07 May 2009 06:23:02(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

There's a case in my town confirmed. Oh well.
Offline Gildermershina  
#36 Posted : 07 May 2009 08:25:59(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
(Only really applicable to the UK forumites :P)

Did we all get our advice guides on swine flu through our doors today?

Yeah, except ours was addressed to "Dear Pizza Lover" and had vouchers for Buy One Get One Free at Dominos.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Captain Insano  
#37 Posted : 07 May 2009 14:02:50(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Doctors have apparently found a cure for swine flu......crackling.

Yes that was an awful joke
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#38 Posted : 07 May 2009 14:12:41(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Captain Insano wrote:
Doctors have apparently found a cure for swine flu......crackling.

Yes that was an awful joke

naww, that was so mean, your mean.
Offline Captain Insano  
#39 Posted : 07 May 2009 14:21:09(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Bah.....

I've heard that Jack Tweed is being blamed for bringing this swine flu into the UK. After all he is the only person in the UK to have had sex with a diseased pig

What's the worst thing about having swine flu? You're probably from America

There's that new strain of swine flu from belgium.....its like mexican swine flu only more flemmish.

UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Gildermershina  
#40 Posted : 07 May 2009 19:55:49(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
What happened to the Blonde who got Swine Flu?

She died in a car crash.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage