logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#81 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:24:13(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

A visibly upset and regretful Katie stands frozen for the next award announcement, her eyes welling up a little. Nadia looks at her and Katie lowers her head, looking down at the stage. Nadia decides to ignore the situation for a moment and proceeds with the next award, not wanting to make anything awkward.

"Yes people, the worst is most definitely over in the show now. And the nominees for Best Collaboration are..."

Stephanie Fierce - "Lead Me to Your Heart" (feat. James Urie)
Anna Villiot - "Someone to Hold" (feat. Isaac Lovelock)
Isabel - "When the Lights Go Down" (feat. Chloe)
Laurence - "I Say Tonight" (feat. Dominic Brown)
Stephanie Fierce - "Gangstar" (feat. Vanity and The Rockers)

Nadia looks over at Katie once more, before she begins to open the envelope. "And the winner is..."

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#82 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:24:37(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hayden clears his throat and decides to go get something to drink.

Hannah looks up and watches him, looking confused.

Gia shakes her head. "Cassie is not gonna be happy about this. Some people never change. That whore Suzie." She folds her arms.

Kato laughs. "Daaaang, now that was hot."

Lily shivers. "I thought I was disturbing.."

Layla giggles. "Do they go together? I'm confused."
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Laurelles1  
#83 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:30:41(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: Just gonna get a drink.

Jason gets up and walks over to the bar, watching the ceremony.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#84 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:31:42(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott looks at Gia.

"That's not gonna end well for Kat!"

Natalya stands up and cheers.

"Suzie!! You rule!"
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#85 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:34:13(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

After standing in almost complete silence for the whole time that the last award was being handed out, Katie, clearly still traumatised on some level by the kiss with Suzie, still stands there staring at the floor. She then looks out over the audience for a while, as if she is searching for something from her lofty position up high on the stage.
Katie turns to Nadia with pleading eyes. "Did you see where my Cassie went Nadia? I think she ran away…" Her eyes, lost and filled with an intense sadness now. "To be honest, I'm not really surprised," Nadia replies quietly. Katies look out over the audience again and she walks to her microphone.
"Has anyone seen Cassie?" she says, trying to fight back tears. "She's about this height," she adds, holding her hand almost level with her own head. "And she has brown hair with some blonde highlights in the fringe. I think she went missing somewhere."
The few seconds silence that fill the air are excruciating, before Katie turns her attention to Nadia again, looking incredibly depressed. She turns back to the front again. "If any of you guys see her, please tell her I didn't mean to do it, I'm a bad girl, and I'm sorry."
She rubs her eyes before she presses her finger against her in-ear monitor and then nods quickly. She clears her throat and carefully wipes her eyes with the back of her index fingers.
"It's time for the next award everyone," she says, her voice quiet, but a forced smile helping to quell the quiver that had been evident in it a few seconds before. She looks a scared and lonely figure, even with Nadia right beside her. "This one goes out to the best live act, and I just want to say that I have seen all of these people in concert and I love them all. Nadia?"
Nadia looks at Katie, unsure whether to be sympathetic or not, and then half smiles.
"The nominations for best live act are:"

Katie Coyle
Jennifer Armstrong
Stephanie Fierce
Teen Titans

Nadia then takes pity on Katie, and announces it herself. "Well while my little friend Kat goes to tidy herself up and feel better, I am going to tell you this winner. And it is..." She opens the envelope.

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#86 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:37:17(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Izzy stands and claps for Jennifer. "Yay Jen!"
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#87 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:40:14(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Nadia stands alone, whilst Katie takes a moment off stage to calm down and get herself together. "You guys are gonna be so sick of seeing me after tonight," she smiles. "I'd try my hand at stand up comedy at this point to lighten the mood a little, but I don't think it'd go down too well." She looks a little nervous without Katie by her side, but she does her best to mask the nerves, putting a brave face on for the audience. "How's the show been so far, guys?" she asks, getting a great deal of cheers thrown back at her. "Good, good!"

"Anyway, now it's time to award the people behind the artists, those who help the musicians to achieve their full potential with their guidance and support. The nominees for Best Label are..."

Chaos Records
Studio60 Records
Liberation/Nomad Records
Tric-Jam Records

Nadia opens the envelope and smiles, "Aaaaaand the winning label is..." Her eyes look down to the front row as she announces it.

"And now for our next performer, please give it up for Misery Loves Company!"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#88 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:45:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Buull! Studio60 so deserved that! Ugh!" Gia frowns. "Rigged! It's rigged I tell you! Where's Hayden?! I need a chair to throw!"

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#89 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:47:39(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Misery Loves Company LIVE @ Chaos Awards VI

Backstage each member of Misery Loves Company is getting focused and hyped for what will be, one of their most watched performances of all time. Frontman Ryan Williams is tuning his guitar and talking to the guitar tech, he seems calm and collected as they both share jokes of the possibility of him messing up on stage in-front of a televised audience. Lead guitarist Nathan Barker is talking to the unofficial new member of the band, bassist Johnny Hudson. Barker reassures him ahead of his first performance with the band that everything will be fine and that he will smash it. Drummer Josh Heyler is sitting with headphones in, practicing the drumming pattern for the 2 songs the band are about to play. This has always been their pre-show rituals, the band never feel nervous or out of their depth, confidence breezes through all of them naturally whilst they are on stage. A Chaos employee comes backstage and tells the band that they are now on and they all bring it in, tapping each others backs as they make their way toward the stage.

First out onto the stage is drummer Josh Heyler who is soon followed by guitarist Nate Barker and bassist Johnny Hudson. Together they take their places and begin playing a mellow intro as Ryan Williams walks onto stage amidst screams from eager fans. Ryan picks up his guitar and walks toward the microphone where he greets the crowd. "Thank you all for coming out tonight. I just want to say a big thank you to Chaos for organizing this thing and to you guys for being here tonight.". He looks over to Nate who is now facing the drums and nods to Ryan to signal that he is ready. "Alright, we're going to play 2 songs of our new record 'Secrets' which is out now!". He starts playing the intro to the song along with the other band members. "This is called Rock & Roll, if you know the words sing-along."

UserPostedImage

Rock & Roll

It was at the end of the night when the chance occurred
The only thing I could do was keep sipping on liqueur
Never did it cross my mind that in the morning she would break
Never did it cross my mind that in the morning my heart would ache
The ball had entered my court, it was my choice
All night long I only wanted to hear her voice
I made the biggest mistake a man could ever make
I can’t believe I was the cause of her heartbreak

You whispered to me,
Wait for me baby, I’ll be back in a few hours
Drink up baby, the night will be all ours
What did I have to loose?
I did something love cannot excuse
Please forgive me baby, I sold my soul to rock and roll

Pour me a drink so that we can get these tears started tonight
Get me really drunk and hand me a guitar so I can write
Write about how I fucked it up and caused her so much pain
It’s always better after a long walk by myself in the pouring rain
It’s hard to think that a relationship could just fade away
Since that awful night it seems like our sky will always be grey
I go out and drown my sorrows to feel sorry for myself
Josh would look at me and say, ‘you’ve got nothing to cry about you did it all yourself'

You whispered to me,

Im still in the waves
I can’t seem to escape them
I don’t stand a chance,
Im not the one who can save you
Its all over within a glance
Im still in the waves,

You whispered to me,
I sold my soul to rock and roll

UserPostedImage

As the band finish up the first song, a chorus of screams take over the arena as Ryan Williams just stands facing the crowd, smiling and shaking his head in disbelief. Nate walks past him tapping him in the back and winking, Williams continues smiling but puts down his guitar and picks up his alternative one, which has the correct tuning for the next song. Williams entices the audience a little more "Hollywood y'all are beautiful tonight.". Nate and Johnny begin playing an extended intro to the final song of the set, as Williams talks to the crowd. "This song ah, this song was written about my teenage years and about how amazing they were. They taught me so many lessons for later life, well now and I wouldn't change anything I did during those 4-5 years for anything else. So while you all still young, go out there and have fun. Do what you want, don't let your parents of friends stop you from doing what you really want to do, trust me, you'll regret it if you don't.". Williams speech gets a huge cheer, as the intro to the song begins to progress with percussion now entering the fray. "Alright, this is Summer Sun. Enjoy the rest of your night!".

Summer Sun

Someone take me back to the summer sun

All the time we smoked our cigarettes,
We got a little more than we bargained for
Some memories that ill never forget
Never experienced anything like this before
All the booze that we chugged down
All the lips that we rested ours upon
Back when we used to love this town
We’d drink right into the dawn

We’re alive, in this city tonight
We’re going to stay up until night turns to light
Cause we’re not going to be young forever,
Least we can do is always be together
Turn up the radio and forget all your problems,
Just swallow up all of them
Back in the summer sun, take me back to the summer sun

Back when we were only eighteen
Things don’t really get any better than that
We would get high on your car windscreen
Forget everything then go get a new tattoo
I’d sneak out my window with the thought to see you
All the times I was caught they were the best
Thinking back now, oh how we’ve grew
I didn’t appreciate that I was really blessed

I remember when we would stay up late and fight
About the silliest of stuff
We’d make ourselves sound so tough
But we were really dying inside of fright
Is that what friendship is?
Just come a little closer, ill settle for this

Just take me back...

The band finish off with a huge sounding outro courtesy of drummer Josh Heyler and guitarist Nathan Barker. With the lights flashing all over the arena, the crowd are on their feet jumping up and down. The band finish the outro and they all walk over to the edge of the stage where they bow together and high-five each other as they begin to walk off. "Goodnight Hollywoord!" is echoed by Ryan Williams as he puts the mic back on it's stand.

UserPostedImage

Set List:

Rock & Roll
Summer Sun
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#90 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:56:17(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Izzy clapped for Misery Loves Company.

Hayden sighs and returns to his seat. "Hey, I'm gonna get out of here. I'll see you guys when I get back from wherever." He walks off.

Hannah looks at Izzy. "What's wrong with him?

Izzy shrugs.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#91 Posted : 24 June 2012 06:58:14(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Hi Izzy! It's me Eilidh, how are you?

Isabel: Hey Eilidh! I'm great, having fun right now, you?

You look lovely tonight. How long did it take you to get ready?

Isabel: Oh geez like....forever! No, (Laughs) I'd say like 1 hour at the most. I got my dress late and had to make sure it fit in all the right places.

Did you come with a boy or all on your own? Or a girl even? I'm confused.

Isabel: Ha, yes I came with my boyfriend. The only ladies I'm with are my cousin Hannah, my mom, and my little sister.

People on the internet are saying you got a baby now. When did you get that? I'm gonna have one too! (shows her bump).

Isabel: Wow, congratulations, but no I'm not close to pregnant at all. I don't plan on kids for a while but congrats to you.

Were you nervous coming here tonight? I was. When they stuck me in the back it's like I wasn't good enough!

Isabel: Aw Eilidh you're like the best person working tonight! You're just awesome and so full of life. I'm not really. It's been a lot of fun so far. I'm very excited,

You already won best collaboration tonight. How happy did that one make you?

Isabel: It makes me feel great, like all my hard work is paying off. I just feel honored to even be nominated let alone win.

Is it your first Chaos Award?

Isabel: No, this is my 4th or 5th, I can't even remember (Laughs)

Do you feel like you are getting recognition in the world now as more than "a Merjos"?

Isabel: I think my name will always be a factor no matter what I do so I just roll with it. I think having that extra motivation is challenging and I love a challenge.

You did some songs too! Don't you get so nervous?

Isabel: Not anymore, it's a lot of fun now. I get into my own performances which makes it better.

You did my favourite one too! I was so happy, and you looked so cool up there.

Isabel: Thank you! I aim to please.

Are you hanging around for the rest of the show?

Isabel: Yeah, I'm gonna be a fan the rest of the show and act crazy. (Smiles)

And what will you be doing for the next few months?

Isabel: I will be vacationin, releasing an album, releasing my clothing line and doing some more work for UNICEF.

New music? Wow! I can't wait. Is it gonna be the same as other Izzy stuff?

Isabel: It's gonna be a mixture of my usual sound with some new sounds, new collaborations, it's gonna be a mind blowing, unpredictable album.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#92 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:06:42(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

When the camera comes back to the front of the stage again, Katie is looking slightly brighter, and she manages to smile again at the camera. She clasps her hands in front of her and tenses her shoulders briefly as she takes a deep breath and exhales slowly before raising her microphone.
"That was Eilidh Greene speaking to the lovely lovely Izzy Merjos there! Great to see both of those guys again! Funny story actually; I went out trick or treating with both of those guys last year at Halloween, and it was so amusing. Mandy Williams was dressed up as a werewolf, and Eilidh was so scared that she couldn't even look at her!"

She smiles at the memory and then turns to the lectern and lifts the next envelope from her little platform. "The next award is….let's see…" she says before reading the card and shaking her head, giggling. She turns to Nadia. "Am I giving off some sort of vibe or something Nad?" she asks.
Nadia looks confused. "How do you mean?" Katie lifts the card to show her. "It's just that this says "Best solo artist female", and I seem to have been given all the ones to present that say female in the title. Just wondered if maybe I'm giving off some sort of gay vibe or something?" The audience start to laugh vociferously, as if happy to see Katie back on form again. She smiles out at them and sticks her tongue out.
"No Kat," Nadia chuckles. "You're as straight as.." "A ruler?" Katie interjects with a sweet smile of her face. Nadia laughs and shakes her head. "Yeah Kat, you're as straight as a ruler…that's been used to test out some curling tongs…"
Katie laughs and playfully slaps Nadia's arse. "That's cheeky. Bad Nadia!" she chuckles. "Anyway, we gotta get on with this award or this show will last forever. The nominees for best solo artist female are:

Isabel
Katie Coyle
Nadia Berry
Stephanie Fierce
Vanity
Radio Vine

"Now everyone knows who should win this one. It's the girl with the amazing boobs..I mean new album, that just recently came out. God…if only it was her boobs that just recently came out. Damn…I'm just kidding." She opens the envelope. "Oh my God! The winner is:"

UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#93 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:09:37(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason claps.

Jason: Wow. Nadia's done well tonight. Good on her.

He returns to his seat, about to turn round and talk to Maddie, when he notices her near the bar downing shots. He sighs and walks back.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#94 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:14:58(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Although she feels the need to jump around and scream in excitement, Nadia manages to contains herself at the win of her award. Instead, she just stands there looking ecstatic, "I... erm, wow, thank you all so much. Seriously, I love you all." She blows a kiss to everyone, and gives Katie a big hug, squeezing her tight.

Katie giggles at Nadia's reaction, "Aww! Nads, you look so happy! So proud of you!" Nadia lets go of her and takes a deep breath, calming herself down. Katie smiles, "Aww, I didn't say to let go of me though." Nadia hits her arm playfully, whilst Katie laughs. "And the nominees are..."

Ryan Ross Hernandez
James Urie
Hayden
Dominic Brown

Once Nadia opens the envelope, her face lights up with joy, doing a little dance. She shows Katie the winner on the envelope and a big grin appears on her face, "Guess whooooo?"

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
PANIC! on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#95 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:20:46(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan smiles wide as his name is called. He rushes over the steps and takes the award in his hands. He gives both Katie and Nadia a quick hug, leaning down to give his girlfriend a quick kiss on the lips. "Thank you, thank you to everyone who still support my music and what I do as an artist. Thank you to the fans, my manager, the amazing musicians that I've had the privilege to play with." He raises the award in his hand, smiling wide, "A party for two in the Berry-Hernandez household tonight!"
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#96 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:25:06(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Katie applauds Ryan and waves as he leaves the stage following his award. "Aren't they like the perfect dream couple?" she says to the audience. "Awwww I love both of those guys, and now they are the best male and female solo artists! So amazing." She smiles warmly at Nadia. "Remember what I said about Rynandia Berryandez! You two could go on to rule the world for even longer than you already are." She blows a kiss to Nadia, who just shakes her head.
"Katie…the next award. Come on woman we don't have all night here," Nadia says, looking pleased to at least see Katie looking a little happier again. Katie nods and lifts the next card up. "The next award is one that is probably seen as one of the most prestigious at any awards show, and it is an award that has previously been held by such massive acts as Blood of Wecz, Mind and Infinite. This is, of course, the award for the best band."
She straightens up and takes a small sip of her champagne. "I'm looking out across the arena tonight and I see people like Weekend, MLC, Pretty Little Freaks, and many many more top bands, and it just makes me realise how tough this one must have been for all the judges. Anyway, over to my good friend Nadia with a special report!
Nadia lowers her brow and looks over at Katie. "You've lost it Coyle, I swear," she chuckles. "But yeah, here are the nominees for the award of Best Band:"

Misery Loves Company
Pretty Little Freaks
Weekend
Teen Titans
Electrodeath

Katie steps to the front and opens her envelope slowly. A smile appears on her face. "It makes me so happy to see this, because I remember when this band were recently the best newcomer, and now they've come oh so far. Ladies and gentlemen, the best band is,"

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#97 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:32:43(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a real treat for you now. This man has been one of the biggest stars in the world for years. The ladies love him, and he is appearing here specially tonight. Please give it up for Ryan! Ross! Hernandez!
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#98 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:35:21(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Ryan Ross Hernandez @ 6th Chaos Awards

UserPostedImage

For anyone that follows Ryan's career, this introduction of him to perform has to be a mistake. In a blog post on his website, over three months ago, he announced his vocal problems that would require surgery later this year, but would most importantly keep him away from singing for the rest of the year. A vintage looking film plays on the screen, to add to its feel, it even flickers and skips. It shows an empty movie theater with Ryan Ross Hernandez sitting in the middle of it, alone, with the same attire he will soon be seen on stage with, hat included. A sigh is heard as the Ryan seen in the video begins to speak, "Where I am now is where I being, where I should been all along, which is a singer-songwriter who's not looking to dominate the world. I just wanna make records and be happy in the space I am given in someone's life. I don't need to be a Monday through Friday artist. I'm happy with being the record someone puts on at 2 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon. I don't need to be in people's faces so much, if they wanna come around to my music, here it is. Otherwise, go back to listening to whoever you enjoy more than me."

The lights go off on the stage, a single spotlight beaming on the side stage where a trumpeter, well dressed in a black suit, begins to play the improvised intro on his instrument to the song, Gray Young's Freewheelin' Tale. A acoustic guitar is playing alongside it, but the guitarist isn't seen. About 35 seconds in, the trumpet solo ends and the lights and camera quickly return to the main stage, finally showing Ryan Ross Hernandez to the audience, as well as the rest of his band. The crowd cheers for a few seconds, Ryan gives the crowd a quick nod before counting his bandmates down to begin playing. Ryan plays the same acoustic riffs on his 12-string dobro guitar from the start, this time with a rolling, martial-styled drum pattern marching along as the song progresses. He begins to sing in a quiet tone into the microphone.

Gray Young
Hates the space he lives in
Another night passes by
He has another dream of killing himself
So today, he goes down into his basement
Locks himself in the room with no windows
A bottle of whiskey accompanies him
He's laid out, his body positioned as the victim at a crime scene
He's not dead
He just passed out
As his liver suffers more

'Cause sometimes it's easier to end your own life
Than keep waiting on times' uncertainty

His vocal performance on this song is extremely average due to the granuloma in his vocal chords, his normally pleasant breathy baritone voice, struggles to keep a note together. He continues churning through the second verse, the music renaming the same, with the soft piano keys introduced at the start of the third. Hernandez leads the rest of the band to the instrumental break of the song, his repetitive guitar melody continuing along with the even-eighths drumming. Charlie Lowell gets a chance in the spotlight too, getting a decent amount to enchant the audience with his rhythmic key changes.

He spent weeks, lost at sea until the new year
His wife received a call, accepting the long distance charges
As she waited for the call to be connected
She saw a news report on the TV
The call and the news report were both about Gray Young

'Cause sometimes it's easier to end your own life
Than keep waiting on times' uncertainty

Now his friends finally respect him, share memories of the man on a Thursday night
At the bar properly called, Gray Young's Tavern
And his wife teaches his kids to love their dad
As the man who never gave up on his dream
And lived life so bold

Hernandez shows his displeasure in his singing, solely by his facial expressions after every note he knows he failed to hit up to par as it sounded on the album recording. A few light background vocals are provided by his backing guitarist currently on the telecaster, providing timely riffs. The song ends much as how it's been throughout, with the march drum patterns and consistent acoustic guitar melody ending in a swift motion. The stage lighting dims, although the audience applauds his performance, he turns his back to look at his bandmates, shaking his head. His guitar tech who was waiting by the side stage, quickly runs in to take the dobro from Ryan, handing him his signature Martin acoustic guitar model for the next song. He adjusts the strap to his shoulder while turning back to face the audience. Not much for words tonight as most know him to be on stage, he simply says into the back, "Thank you. This is the current single, I hope you enjoy it."

As quickly as those words escape his lips, he begins to play the opening acoustic chords to California's Sweet Unknown. The melody is light and breezy, only appropriate that the lighting schemes act like the sun shining down on the band. Ryan doesn't open his mouth as loud as he does on the album version of the song, to really lift the song, but thankfully his backing guitarists and bassist all sing as loud as they can behind him, the opening verse.

I'm on the road to redemption
Packing all my bags and moving out west
With a single guitar
And an arsenal of songs in my heart

About 90 seconds into the track, after the first chorus, Ryan points over to guitarist David Ryan Harris, who's playing twangy electric guitar leads, sounding loose and jammy, which plays simple with the drum beat and acoustic chord progression.

Don't you ask me where I come from
I've buried who I was
Inside a hotel room somewhere in West Hollywood

I'm not ashamed of who I was
I'm just looking for the sun that comes
After the Gold Rush 'cross California

'Cause if you wanna be free, gotta go it alone
And if you wanna go home, gotta build your own
'Cause you never will find what you're searching for
'Til you open the door to the sweet unknown
In the sweet unknown

The electric and acoustic guitars, the mercurial pedal steel, keys, honey-sweet harmonies packed underneath, and focused drum pattern melts into one another like they were meant to sound this way all along. That point becomes clear in the last moments where we get an extended instrumental outro, each musician taking turns in the spotlight doing what they know best, before unselfishly passing it along to the other. It's only appropriate that the last one to memorize the crowd is Ryan Ross Hernandez himself, giving us another effortlessly groovy laced guitar solo. It is a pleasant way to end things, Ryan forces a smirk, still a but discontent at his vocal showing for the evening. The audiences gives him a round of applause, the singer-songwriter humbly nodding at them and giving them a wave of his hand. Over the applauds he quickly says into his microphone before, rushing off stage, "Thank you Chaos Awards. I will see you all again in a year."

Setlist
Gray Young's Freewheelin' Tale
California's Sweet Unknown
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 4 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 24/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#99 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:45:32(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

A very proud Nadia and Katie walk back onto the stage and applaud Ryan for his performance. "The very amazing, talented, Ryan Ross Hernandez, ladies and gentleman! Love you, big bro!" Katie says with a big smile on her face. Nadia steps a little closer to the microphone and whispers, "I love you, babe."

Nadia nods her head, "Professional time!" Katie smiles, "And when's sexy time, Nads?" Nadia nudges her in response, Katie pouts, "Fineeee! And the nominees for Best Single are..."

Stephanie Fierce - "Lead Me to Your Heart" (feat. James Urie)
Weekend - "Smile About It"
Stacey Walton - "The Subway"
Nadia Berry - "Records On"
Ryan Ross Hernandez - "California's Sweet Unknown"

Katie opens the envelope, before passing it to Nadia. "And the award goes tooo, the wonderful..."

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#100 Posted : 24 June 2012 07:51:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"I think I'm gonna head on home, I'm getting tired. Nice seeing you Jason and Maddie." She smiles and gets up.

Izzy claps for Stacey winning.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage