logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#81 Posted : 07 April 2014 02:40:46(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Adam: I love this, I love the vibe of this song, one of not your best song ever :)

OOC - nice lyrics, I can't wait to see what her album is like

Kourtney: Glad you love the song Adam. Thank you.

Ooc: Thanks. If all goes well and I don't get too lazy lol, you won't have to wait too long. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline GirlSpice  
#82 Posted : 07 April 2014 07:53:59(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sophia: Wow, babes! About time I heard your voice again! Hehe! I looooove how fun and cute your music is! It's super catchy and sooooooo, like, fun! I can't get the words out my head! Fab fab FAB song, babes! It's my current new fave! Which means yay for you! :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 10/09/2014(UTC)
#83 Posted : 03 November 2014 15:00:00(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: December 16th, 2014
Recorded: February 2013 - August 2014 Los Angeles, California, New York City, New York, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Genre(s): Disco-pop, dance-pop, teen pop, bubblegum pop, pop
Length: [43:16] iTunes Version [49:13]
Label: Titanic Records
Producers: Kourtney Steele, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Katriel Comyns, Lucia Vega, Catherine Willis, Alton Hart, Vivian Murray, Neal Rose, Erica Huff, Dylan Shaw

Made of Steele is the debut studio album by Canadian recording artist Kourtney Steele. It is scheduled to be released through Titanic Records on December 16th, 2014 worldwide. The album was produced by Steele, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Lucia Vega, Catherine Willis, Katriel Comyns, Alton Hart, Neal Rose, Erica Huff, Dylan Shaw and Vivian Murry. It features songwriting collaborations with Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Jennifer Armstrong, Katriel Comyns, and Jacob Estrada.

Background
On December 30, 2012, Steele announced the lead single, 'Shut Me Out,' and revealed a sneak peek of the single cover on her official website. The single was released independently days later on January 2, 2013. To promote the single, Steele embarked on a radio promo tour, in which she announced on February 5, 2013. The tour included a total of 20 dates to popular pop radio stations in the US and Canada. It began on February 20, 2013 and ended on March 30, 2013. While on tour, Steele was discovered by The Titans and later signed to Titanic Records on February 16, 2013. Immediately after, she began recording for her debut album, teaming up with hit producers, Neal Rose, Lucia Vega, and Sunny Monroe.

On April 3, 2013, Steele performed on the free concert of Isabel Merjos' "Dancing In The Dark World Tour,' in Bogotá, Colombia at Simón Bolívar Park. Steele performed a snippet of her upcoming single, 'Heart On The Line.' Following up on her debut single, Steele announced the release date for her second single, 'Heart On The Line,' on April 28, 2013, and revealed a sneak peek of the single cover on her website. The song was released on May 3, 2013, and became the first single to be released under her new label.

On May 10, 2013, it was announced that Steele would be joining music sensations, Ellie-Grace Summers and Michelle, on the 'Ellie-Grace Michelle Green Live Tour,' as an supporting act along with Stacey Pilgrim, Aimee Rose, Sammy Griffin, The Train Jumpers, and Taylor Hill. The tour included shows across Europe, North America, Asia and Oceania. It began on June 5, 2013 in London, England and ended on September 14, 2013 in Osaka, Japan. During the tour, Steele announced on August 10, 2013 the release date of her third official single from the album, 'In My Head,' which featured Eilidh Greene, on her official website, along with a sneak peek of the single cover. The single was released on August 25, 2013.

Steele finished touring on the 'Ellie-Grace Michelle Green Live Tour' and continued recording her album for the next couple of months. The album was originally scheduled to be released on December 24, 2013, but Steele decided to push it back as it wasn't quite ready yet. Steele, however, decided to announce her fourth single from the album instead. On December 17, 2013, she announced that she would be teaming up with pop star and good friend, Kato, for a special Christmas duet, teasing the single's cover artwork on her official website. The single was released several days before Christmas on December 22, 2013 through Titanic Records and Tric-Jam Records.

On February 15, 2014, Steele's label mate, Pixie, announced that Steele would be joining her on her 'Imagine World Tour' as a supporting act along with Amy-Jayne and Parish. The show included shows across North America, Europe, South America, Asia and Oceania. The tour kicked off on April 4, 2014 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and ended on October 11, 2014 in Perth, Australia. Steele performed on the North America Leg only before leaving, as it was announced on the official Warped Tour website that she would be joining the line up.

The fifth single, Intention, was announced on March 29, 2014. Steele revealed the single cover and a snippet of the song on her official website. It was released on April 4, 2014.

Steele later joined the 'Warped Tour 2014' along with acts Bath Salts, Radio Vine, SYNCO, Pretty Little Freaks, Edward Barat, Miami, Liyah, Adam Black, Deneil Khan, Penetralia, Jason Smith, Leopard Five, Erica Kobayashi, Juneau, Smash Up!, My Girl Friday, Police Code, Molly's Chamber. The tour began on June 18, 2014 and ended on August 8, 2014.

Soon after, Steele announced on Twitter that she would be joining Hayden Merjos on his 'Sh*t Happens Tour.' The tour has a total of 65 dates and began on August 14, 2014 in Seoul, Korea, Republic Of. Currently Steele is still touring along with Jacob Estrada, Back Avenue, and Kellin Falconer. The tour is scheduled to end on December 5, 2014 in New York, NY. After the release of her debut album, Steele is set to take a break for the holidays before going on her first official headlining tour early 2015.

The sixth single, was announced on November 1, 2014 via Twitter. Steele teased about a special collaboration that would be coming up. A while later she announced that the song would be a duet with pop star, Isabel Merjos, and would be available to download instantly when the album was pre-ordered on iTunes.

Development
The songwriting process for the album began February 2013 and ran through August 2014. The vocals for the album were recorded in various studios in Los Angeles, California, New York City, New York, and Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. For her debut album, Steele wanted the album to reflect herself. "I wanted to have fun with this album and just show the kind of music that reflects me. Originally I hadn't planned on having that many collaborations, only a couple is what I wanted, but that changed when I kept envisioning certain artists on a track that I wrote or recorded. So I had to go with my instincts and put a few more collaborations on the album then I intended. I feel that all in all it worked out pretty great for the album. It fells complete to me and I'm happy with it." Steele worked with Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Lucia Vega, Catherine Willis, Katriel Comyns, Alton Hart, Neal Rose, Erica Huff, Dylan Shaw and Vivian Murry on the production of the album. Collaborations include, Isabel Merjos, Jennifer Armstrong, Katriel Comyns, Eilidh Greene, and Jacob Estrada.

Composition
Musically, the album contains elements of Disco-pop, dance-pop, teen pop, bubblegum pop, and pop. The album's title, Made Of Steele, was inspired by her last name and the fact that Steele wanted to choose a title that would reflect an overall meaning of the music on the album, saying, "I thought really hard for days about what the album title should be and I finally came up with Made of Steele. The overall message that I want fans to get out of the music on the album is that this is the music that makes up who I am. I love fun pop songs and songs that will make you want to be downright happy, have fun and dance. I'm just a genuine happy person and so in regards to the title it just fits."

Themes
The album artwork was taken by Kathleen Lamb and shows Steele glowing with bright colors to represent the themes of fun and happiness. The album's lyrics touch on topics of love and heartbreak. "Writing about love and heartbreak is the best cause I love those topics. Both are things that people can relate to cause at some point in their lives, everyone has experienced them. They know what it feels like to be in love or to have your heart broken and so I feel that people will like my songs. I know what it's like as well, not heartbreak from a relationship but more so from losing a love one, and with the fun that I'm trying to offer on each song, I think that fans will fall in love with this album just as I have."

Promotion
Promotion for the album began on February 20, 2013 when Steele embarked on a radio promo tour to promote the lead single, Shut Me Out. Since then Steele has opened as a supported act on several tours including, 'Ellie-Grace Michelle Green Live Tour,' Pixie's 'Imagine World Tour,' the 'Warped Tour,' and currently Hayden Merjos' 'Sh*t Happens Tour' to promote the album. During the week of the album's release, Steele is scheduled to do a series of interviews and perform on several televised events across the United States and Canada to further promote the album. Steele is also scheduled to go on her first headlining tour after the holidays, which is set to begin early 2015.

Singles
Steele released a total of 6 singles from Made of Steele.

Shut Me Out the lead single, was released on January 2nd, 2013. It was announced as the debut single via her official website. The single debuted at #3 on airplay and #4 on the Digital charts, peaking #1, scoring Steele her first number one single. As of October 2014, the song has sold a total of 1,517,000 units worldwide, her second highest selling single.

The second single, was Heart On The Line on May 3rd, 2013. The single was introduced at Isabel Merjos' free concert on her Dancing In The Dark Tour when Steele performed a snippet of the song to her fans. The single debuted at #5 on Airplay and #4 on the Digital charts. As of October 2014, it has sold a total of 1,124,000 units worldwide. color]

In My Head featuring Eilidh Greene, was the third single on August 25th, 2013. It debuted at #2 on Airplay and #3 on the digital charts, selling a total of 1,335,000 units worldwide.

Warmest Feeling featuring Kato, was the fourth single to be released from the album. Steele teamed up with good friend, Kato, to put out a Christmas duet just in time for the holiday. The song was released on December 22, 2013 and was sent to radio and available for digital download. It debuted at #2 on Airplay and #5 on the Digital charts. The song is the only single from the album not to go platinum, selling only 702,000 units worldwide, but is certified gold.

The second to last single to be released from the album was Intention. The song was released on April 4, 2014 through Titanic Records. It debuted at #2 on both Airplay and Digital and peaked #1 on the Digital charts. As of October 2014, it has sold a total of 1,795,000 units worldwide, becoming her highest selling single to date.

The last single to be released from the album was Space. Steele wrote via twitter that she excited about a special collaboration that was coming up. It was announced later via Twitter on November 1, 2014 that the single would be available for download on iTunes when you pre-ordered the album and that pop star, Isabel, is on the song as well.

Track Listing
1. Shut Me Out (3:03)
2. Cross My Heart (3:17)
3. Heart On The Line (3:29)
4. You Give and You Take (2:43)
5. In My Head (feat. Eilidh Greene) (4:08)
6. I Want You To Show Me (4:55)
7. Warmest Feeling (w/Kato) (3:18)
8. When You're In Love (3:44)
9. Intention (3:58)
10. Crazy Glue (3:07)
11. Space (w/Isabel) (3:30)
12. If I Had The Chance (feat. Jacob Estrada) (4:04)

iTunes Version
4. You Give and You Take (2:43)

Bonus Tracks
13. Love Like This Remix (feat. Jennifer Armstrong) (3:10)
14. Nothing To Lose (2:47)

Personnel
Kourtney Steele – vocals, backing vocals, producer, songwriter
Bianca Moretti - producer, songwriter
Kato - producer, vocals, songwriter, backing vocals
Mark Potter – international marketing
Sonny Monroe - songwriter, producer
Brendan Sims – management, producer
Julia Ross – assistant engineer
Jan Page – mixing assistant
Daniel Walnut – executive producer
Martina Downtown – executive producer
Joseph Frankson – executive producer
Laurence Vega – executive producer
Tanya Stephenson – executive producer
Gerald Morgan – engineer
Jody Walsh – assistant engineer
Javier Russell – co-mixing, engineer
Matthew Craig – vocal engineer
Terry Moody – backing vocals
Marilyn Wheeler – backing vocals
Lucia Vega – producer
Abel Rowe – additional instruments
Cody Pittman – guitar
Melanie Richardson – bass
Rene Hodges – mixing assistant
Valerie Mcdonald – production A&R coordinator
Catherine Willis – arranger, instruments, producer, programming, vocal arrangement
Joann Drake – mixing
Maryann Reese – creative director
Johnathan Edwards – marketing
Alma Fisher – engineer
Inez Mendez – A&R
Simon Morris – mix engineer
Alton Hart – album producer, backing vocals, vocal producer
Pauline Wallace – stylist
Wesley Morrison – art direction, creative director, design
Vivian Murray – piano, producer, strings
Kathleen Lamb – creative director, photography production

Thank You's
I personally want to thank everyone that made this album possible. Since the process for the album began, I've had lots of ideas of how I wanted the album to be and I'm so glad that everyone that I worked with allowed and helped me take those ideas and make them come true. Thank you so much to the owners of the beautiful label that I'm signed with, Laurence, Den, Martina, Joey, and Tanya. You guys made my dreams come true when you took a chance on me. I'll never forget that and I can't wait to see where the future takes us. To my lovely fans, I especially want to thank you all cause you inspire me each and every day. I'm always thinking of ways that I can express myself through my music so that I can share with you my love for music. I promise to never take you guys for granted and to always be there for you until the end of time. To all those that I was able to do collaborations with, Izzy, Kato, Eilidh, Jen, Jacob, you guys made it so fun to work with you. I really had the time of my life and I'm so blessed to have each of you in my life. Sunny and Bianca, you two are so amazing at what you do! I always feel like we're creating magic whenever we're writing songs together. I'll never forget those moments and I hope that we can do it again. To my parents, my little sister, and the rest of the Steele clan, I love you guys so much. You've always been there for me, encouraging me to chase my dreams. That means so much to me cause there's nothing better than having love ones that you can count on. To Jase, I love you with all of my heart. I wake up each day with a smile on my face knowing that our hearts beat as one. Soon we'll be husband and wife and I honestly can't wait to spend the rest of my life waking up each morning next to my best friend.

- xoxo K

thanks 6 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 03/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/11/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 09/11/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/05/2017(UTC)
#84 Posted : 03 November 2014 15:15:31(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Released: November 3, 2014
Format: Digital download
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:30
Label: Titanic Records, Studio60 Records
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Isabel Merjos
Producer(s): Kourtney Steele, Isabel Merjos, Lucia Vega

Song Description:
'Space' is a pop song by recording artists Kourtney Steele and Isabel Merjos. It was written by Kourtney Steele, Isabel Merjos and produced by Kourtney Steele, Isabel Merjos, and Lucia Vega. Steele announced via Twitter that she would be releasing a new single and that the song would be instantly be available for download when her album, 'Made of Steele,' is pre-ordered on iTunes. The track is crunchy, guitar-led power pop production and an endlessly hook-heavy break-up anthem with just the right amount of bounce and bite — a sparkling pop gem in its purest form. Lyrically, Steele and Merjos, sing about breaking up with a guy after he cheats with another girl. "You send me roses to, avoid what happened last night / Why can't you just admit, I caught you in your lie / I hope she knows you well, because I know I do / She's got you for right now, but you will be back soon," they sing during the feisty flip-off opening verse. They go on to say that they've had enough of his player ways and plan to leave him, singing in the almighty hook, "We're so done / Oh, baby, the spark's gone / I'm leaving you behind / I'm no fool, I see through your disguise / I'm leaving you / Tonight."

Songwriter's Comments:
"I remember when I was in high school, which wasn't that long ago actually, and how I use to listen to Izzy's music. I use to drive my mom and dad crazy cause it was all I would play when one of her albums would come out. I also remember begging them to let me go to one of her concerts and eventually they gave in and I got to go. It was one of the greatest things ever in my life and from there I was in love with her. I knew I had to meet her and luckily for me I did, and we're not best friends. It's crazy when I think about it cause just a few years ago she didn't even know who I was and now we're inseparable. I'm really lucky to have a friend like her and to be able to work with her is a honor. I always wanted to work with her and Jen and I didn't know how we we're going to pull it off at first. Eventually things fell into place and we we're able to make something happen. For my debut album, I have both of them on a track with me. Izzy's on this track, and Jen is on the remix of 'Love Like This,' which is on the iTunes version of the album. Both of them have great voices and I think that they outshine me but it's fine. I'm completely cool with that haha. Anyway getting back to what I was saying, yeah it was fun. It was sort of a last minute thing too though working with them. From the beginning I hadn't planned to have that many collaborations on the album but it just happened over time. I was working with Lucia in the studio and I asked her if she had any new beats for me and she started playing this one. I instantly fell in love with it and immediately began putting lyrics to it. Once it was done, I recorded my vocals for it and during playback, I just felt like it was missing something. So I called Izzy up and I asked if she could come see me at the studio and hear the song. Once she heard it, she was agreed that it was missing something. So we just came up with the idea that she could be on it and after spending a few hours recording and rewriting the lyrics, the song was finally perfect. At first, I wanted to save the song and keep it as the lead single for my next album. Eventually, I couldn't wait that long cause I was so excited about it and not to mention that it had been a while since I released anything. So I decided to release this song as my last and final single and have fans get it when they downloaded my album. It's one of my favorites on the album and I hope everyone loves it.

purple = Kourtney hotpink = Isabel Black = All

Hey!
You send me roses to, avoid what happened last night
Why can't you just admit, I caught you in your lie
I hope she knows you well, because I know I do
She's got you for right now, but you will be back soon

Don't pretend that you're so smooth
There's always someone better than you (Better than you!)
And baby, that was the last time
Hope she was worth it

We're so done
Oh, baby, the spark's gone
I'm leaving you behind
I'm no fool, I see through your disguise
I'm leaving you
Tonight
Tonight
Tonight
Tonight

You like to play around, but you can't play with me
I know all your secrets, you're not who you try to be
I tried to give you the, the benefit of the doubt
But you got me so fed up, I'm done trying to hear you out

Hope she was worth it

We're so done
I'm leaving you behind
I'm leaving you
Tonight
Tonight (to-to-tonight)
Tonight
Tonight (to-to-tonight)

Yeah baby, you, you took it way too far
Yeah baby, you... (oooo)
Yeah baby, I, I'm so sick of you
Yeah baby, I'm... (oooo)

Leaving you, oh
Yeah

We're so done
I'm leaving you behind
I'm leaving you

We're so done
I'm leaving you behind
I'm leaving you tonight

Yeah baby, you... (oooo)
Yeah baby, I'm... (oooo)

Sounds Like:

Get 'SPACE' When You Pre-Order 'Made Of Steele' on iTunes

thanks 7 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 03/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/11/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/11/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 09/11/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#85 Posted : 04 November 2014 00:13:45(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Ooc: Came out greeeeeat :) Excellent job sis.

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 04/11/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#86 Posted : 05 November 2014 01:50:59(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: yay label mate I have been waiting for this album for far to long, so glad it's finally here

OOC - Great job :)!
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 07/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#87 Posted : 07 November 2014 05:51:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Mandy: OMG! Breakup anthem for the end of 2014, going into 2015. Two of my faves teaming up is just like, amazinggggg. And this is such a good song! And so many dreams have come true with collaboration. You both sound great and I cannot wait to buy your album Kourtney :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 07/11/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#88 Posted : 09 November 2014 00:53:04(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: I had to read the key above the lyrics about seven times, because I kept wondering who Isabel Black was lol :P Excellent work here though :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 09/11/2014(UTC), dohaihoangnam on 26/07/2015(UTC)
#89 Posted : 09 November 2014 05:46:16(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Came out greeeeeat :) Excellent job sis.

Ooc: Thank yooooooou Dancing

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: yay label mate I have been waiting for this album for far to long, so glad it's finally here

OOC - Great job :)!

Kourtney: Haha yeah, I'm glad to be releasing it finally. Thanks so much love.

Ooc: Thanks. :)

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Mandy: OMG! Breakup anthem for the end of 2014, going into 2015. Two of my faves teaming up is just like, amazinggggg. And this is such a good song! And so many dreams have come true with collaboration. You both sound great and I cannot wait to buy your album Kourtney :)

Kourtney: It means so much to me that you like the song Mandy. I'm so glad and so can't wait for you to hear the album. :)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I had to read the key above the lyrics about seven times, because I kept wondering who Isabel Black was lol :P Excellent work here though :)

Ooc: Haha it took me a while to get what you were talking about but I get it now. Easy mistake. Thank you. :D

Offline GirlSpice  
#90 Posted : 09 November 2014 23:36:53(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sophia: This is TOTES my fave fave FAVE song out right now, babes! Maybe even my fave all year! I sing it in the shower hehe. :) PS: I SOOO want a cartoon version of myself as well! OMG! You two look super cute.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 10/11/2014(UTC)
#91 Posted : 28 June 2015 11:34:30(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

'Made Of Steele' Set To Be Released Worldwide July 21st!

Hey lovebugs! Happy to announce that my debut album, 'Made Of Steele,' will be coming to a store near you very soon! It has been a long journey over the past couple of years recording this album. One filled with sleepless nights songwriting and late nights in the studio but now the album is finished in its entirety. All of the hard work that has gone into creating this album has paid off. I've been dreaming of the moment when I could share it with my wonderful, supporting fans and now that time has come. The album will be officially in stores July 21st! Let the countdown begin! - XoXo K.

UserPostedImage

Released: July 21, 2015
Recorded: February 2013 - June 2015 Los Angeles, California, New York City, New York, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Genre(s): Disco-pop, Dance-pop, Teen pop, Bubblegum pop, Pop, EDM, Acoustic pop, Folk-pop
Length: [44:38] iTunes Version [50:35]
Producers: Kourtney Steele, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Katriel Comyns, Lucia Vega, Catherine Willis, Alton Hart, Vivian Murray, Neal Rose, Erica Huff, Dylan Shaw, Isabel Merjos

Made of Steele is the debut studio album by Canadian recording artist Kourtney Steele. It is scheduled to be released through Titanic Records on July 21st, 2015 worldwide. The album was produced by Steele, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Lucia Vega, Catherine Willis, Katriel Comyns, Alton Hart, Neal Rose, Erica Huff, Dylan Shaw, Isabel Merjos and Vivian Murry. It features songwriting collaborations with Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Jennifer Armstrong, Katriel Comyns, and Jacob Estrada.

Track Listing
4. Replaceable (4:05)

iTunes Version
4. Replacable (4:05)

Bonus Tracks

thanks 8 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 28/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 28/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 28/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 28/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 29/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/07/2015(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#92 Posted : 28 June 2015 17:47:42(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Tisha: Considered it pre-ordered! Can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 29/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/07/2015(UTC)
#93 Posted : 21 July 2015 11:52:28(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Recorded: February 2013 - June 2015 Los Angeles, California, New York City, New York, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Genre(s): Disco-pop, Dance-pop, Teen pop, Bubblegum pop, Pop, EDM, Acoustic pop, Synthpop
Length: [44:46] iTunes Version [50:43]
Producers: Kourtney Steele, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Katriel Comyns, Lucia Vega, Catherine Willis, Alton Hart, Vivian Murray, Neal Rose, Erica Huff, Dylan Shaw, Isabel Merjos, Pixie Love, Gia Rose-Hilton, Lucas Bates, Wilson Hansen, Rafael Waters, Stewart Nichols, Sidney Peters, Krystal Boone, Taylor Baldwin

Made of Steele is the debut studio album by Canadian recording artist Kourtney Steele. It is scheduled to be released through Titanic Records on July 21st, 2015 worldwide. The album was produced by Steele, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Lucia Vega, Catherine Willis, Katriel Comyns, Alton Hart, Neal Rose, Erica Huff, Dylan Shaw, Isabel Merjos, Pixie Love, Gia Rose-Hilton, Lucas Bates, Wilson Hansen, Rafael Waters, Stewart Nichols, Sidney Peters, Krystal Boone, Taylor Baldwin and Vivian Murry.

It features songwriting collaborations with Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe, Bianca Moretti, Jennifer Armstrong, and Katriel Comyns.

Track Listing
4. Replaceable (4:05)
12. Permanent Mark (4:12)

iTunes Version
4. Replacable (4:05)
12. Permanent Mark (4:12)

Bonus Tracks

UserPostedImage

Released: January 2, 2013
Genre: Teen pop, dance-pop
Length: 3:03
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Megan M., Elizabeth M.

Song Description:
Starting off with a mixture of a violin pattern and a simple drum beat, Kourtney begins singing with quirky tone in her voice as the beat plays. It has a hint of R&B influence in the beat. The beat fully picks up when she sings the chorus and you can hear the guitar in the background now as well. Her vocals are on point and layered. When she goes back to the next verse, she has a hint of sassiness in her voice giving the song a more confident feel to it. It can also be compared to the dance genre with the synthesized effects that go on throughout the song. It's a typical teen pop song with the lyrics being surrounded by the thought of a guy trying to isolate himself from the girl instead of showing his feelings. She sings about wanting to be able to get over him but it's not an easy task to do. This is Kourtney's debut single ever since she arrived on the scene just a few days ago. Will this prove to be a hit for the new found singer and a great start to her career or a miss?

Songwriter's Comments:
It's always so much fun for me when I'm working on my music. I mean writing songs just gives me so much joy and I feel fulfilled and satisfied when I write a great song no matter what it's about. It can be something as simple as writing a song about a best friend to expressing your deep and innermost feelings. Music is just fun in general and when I make music I just like it to be fun and outgoing for anyone that listens. Which is why I adore this song so much because it represents the music I like to make and share with others. I don't care about the fame and the success that you earn when you earn a #1 single or an album. I only care about putting out music that will brighten someone's day when they're feeling down or comforts them when they're feeling alone. If I can make that happen even with just one person, then I've accomplished far more than any joy I'd experience from scoring a hit single could ever give me. I've been given a wonderful opportunity and gift to perform and inspire, that some take for granted. That's why I plan on doing this for as long as I can because I feel that you aren't really living until you do your part and give back.

[Verse 1 ]
Oh-ohh
It's been awhile since I seen you
I know you're hurt, and I get that
But you were wrong, don’t you see that?
Instead you act like you just don't care

Well the waiting drives me insane
I'm like yes no, you're the blame
And you're ignoring me daily
Now I know that you just don't care

[Pre-Chorus]
Whoa-oa
Hatin' that I care when you choose not to
Like w-whoa whoa
I'm doing what's right even though I love you

[Chorus]
Cause I've made up my mind tonight
Tired of bein’ alone
I gotta finally break out
Boy, cause you're not treatin’ me right
This one’s for the girls, makin’ all the noise
Throw your hands up if you can't take no more
Baby this isn't for me
Wish it could work, but you only shut me out
Ohh ohh
Ohh ohh

[Verse Two]
I heard that you want me back
Tried to call, I ignored that
You're upset, you can't get through
Now I'm the one that doesn't care

[Pre-Chorus]
But
Whoa-oa
Hatin' that I care when you choose not to
Like w-whoa whoa
I'm doing what's right even though I love you

[Chorus]
Cause I've made up my mind tonight
Tired of being alone
Baby this isn't for me
Ohh ohh
Ohh ohh

[Bridge]
I’m not spending tonight
Crying for you, you
Can start forgetting, what I'm feeling
I’m not crying tonight
I’ll keep it inside
We're so through, cause you're no good for me

[Chorus]
I've made up my mind tonight
Tired of being alone
Baby this isn't for me
Ohh ohh
Ohh ohh

Baby this isn't for me
[/b]

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

Genre: EDM
Length: 3:17
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Veronica Nichols, Alyssa Swanson
Producer(s): Alton Hart

Song Description:
'Cross My Heart' is an exotic sounding electronic dance and house music song by recording artist, Kourtney Steele. It was written by Kourtney Steele, Alyssa Swanson, and Veronica Nichols, and produced by Alton Hart. The track provides an irresistible, sexually-charged romp as Steele sings over dazzling synth. The beat really slams during the chorus, making it the perfect music for getting down to. The song even contains a rap verse by Steele, as well as elements of dubstep. Lyrically, Steele sings about making a promise not to break the heart of her lover. "You and I, till the end / I won't stray from your side / Cross my heart, I cross my heart." Steele goes on in the chorus to make a vow. "Cross my heart, I'll keep my vow / Cross my heart, boy I promise you / Won't let you down, or break your heart."

Songwriter's Comments:
Going into this album I promised myself that I would make at least one of my songs on the album completely different from the rest but not steer too far. This song definitely fits the bill, because it's not pure Pop like most of my other songs. That's what I love about it, and I just really love the beat as well. I would say that I first got the idea to do this when I worked with mISTER_b on his album. I remember just being amazed by the beat when he played the song to me that I would be on. I knew from that moment on that I wanted to add something like that in one of my songs. So I talked with my label about it, and they were fortunately very supportive about it, thinking that it was a great idea. I teamed up with producer, Alton Hart, and told him my vision for the song. Being the genius that he is, he was able to create what I wanted and so we started putting in the work, not stopping till it was perfect. Some months later, everything fell into place and what you hear now is the finish product. I'm real proud of it.

You and I, till the end
I won't stray from your side
Cross my heart, I cross my heart
Through the storm, when it's good
Make you see, love is real

Cross my heart, I'll keep my vow
Cross my heart, boy I promise you
Won't let you down, or break your heart

Cross my heart
I cross my heart
Cross my heart
I cross my heart

Keep me warm, with your love
I won't dare, let it go
Never find, love like yours, only you, have the key

Cross my heart and hope to die
Star crossed lovers, soon collide
Without warning, without a care
Make it known that love is here
Don't say a word, true love is loud
Cover my heart, and all around
It's how we're made, it's what we are
To find another, to share one heart
Everything is written in the stars

Cross my heart
I cross my heart
Cross my heart
I cross my heart

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 23 July 2015 07:01:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AmyJayneXoX on 21/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 21/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 21/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 21/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/07/2015(UTC)
#94 Posted : 21 July 2015 15:00:15(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: May 3, 2013
Genre: Teen pop, dance-pop
Length: 3:28
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Sunny Monroe, Madeline Hardy
Producer(s): Kourtney Steele, Sunny Monroe

Song Description:
The intro immediately draws you into the song with a dramatic melody sounding as if it were straight out of a classic black and white film with captions instead of voices. Its transition into a more poppy and dance beat is a tasty surprise and Steele’s high pitches during the chorus mixed with the melody of the laid back feel allows you to get a feel for the song as she sings. The track is riddled with funky, R&B-inspired beats, fun and catchy lyrics, and her sweet as sugar voice. There is a blend of Keyboards, Guitar, and Bass which really tunes in to the Pop sound. In the song, she sings about the fear guys have when it comes to giving their love away to someone, as if they have been hurt before. She, however, ensures the guy she will not hurt him and uses the metaphor of 'Putting your heart on the line' as a gamble. She encourages him to 'Put all of his chips in', referring to giving her his trust, which are the stakes, and she will make sure that he wins no matter what. In the bridge, she persuades him to give her a shot while singing with a light and raspy voice, one could say it's quite sultry and sexy. She wraps up the song with the singing of the chorus and then towards the ending, slowly emphasizing the guy can never lose with her around. Steele's genius usage of the infamous statement turns an ordinary love song into an amazing Pop tune.

Songwriter's Comments:
Writing and recording this track was a whole lot of fun for me and its pretty much one of my favorites from my collection of songs. I first began writing it after talking to one of my good friends about her relationship and so the idea came to me that I should write a song about taking a risk for love. At first I was playing around with it a bit, trying to consider different aspects of it, and after that I just sorta put it away with the rest of my unfinished songs. It actually wasn't until later when I met up with Sunny Monroe that the song was pulled out again. She had asked me if I had written any new material, as she wanted it to be something personal that I could relate to. I told her about the song that I had written but that it was unfinished. She of course, intrigued, wanted to see it so I went searching for it through my phone, I like to write my lyrics on my phone a lot, and showed it to her. Sunny took one look at it and said how it was good but that it could be better. I laughed and agreed cause I knew that she was right, the song certainly could be better. So we set through an all night songwriting session and the rest was history. Now 'Heart On The Line' is complete and I'm ready to share it with all of my fans. I think that people will like it because it's a topic that hits home for most people, especially for teenagers, plus it makes for a great summertime anthem.

[Verse 1 ]
I know that love's got you running
It's like a drug but you don't want it
But I can promise to you
It's nothing like, like before
Don't write me off listen what I'm saying
I know that you are tired of complaining
Put down your guard, I'm playing all my cards tonight

[Chorus]
Put your chips all in
With me you'll always win
And now the stakes are high
Cus you're putting your heart on the line
There is no shame in trying
All the love I'm supplying
The limit is the sky
When you're putting your heart
Putting your heart on the line

Oohh oohh
Oohh oh oh oh oh oh
Oohh oohh oohh

[Verse 2]
They say love is a big gamble
But I know with me you can handle
Anything you want
We're taking a chance on us
You don't like that it can be risky
L-O-V-E can be real tricky
Put down your guard, I'm playing all my cards tonight

[Chorus]
Put your chips all in
The limit is the sky

Oohh oohh
Oohh oh oh oh oh oh
Oohh oohh oohh

[Bridge]
You said you're through, you said you're through
But baby give it one more shot

[Chorus]
Put your chips all in
The limit is the sky

Put your chips all in
The limit is the sky

Oohh oohh
Oohh oh oh oh oh oh
Oohh oohh oohh

You're putting your heart on the line
Put your chips all in, with me you'll always win
When you're putting your heart on the line
[/b]

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

Length: 4:05
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Marc Davis, Kristy Jordan, Gayle Burke,
Producer(s): Lucas Bates, Wilson Hansen

Song Description:
'Replaceable' is a pop track by singer, Kourtney Steele. It was written by Steele, Marc Davis, Gayle Burke, and Kristy Jordan, and produced by Wilson Hansen and Lucas Bates. The song completely represents and captures Steele's emotions with the switch between the lullaby-like sound at the beginning of the song and then the beat picking up during the pre-chorus. The chorus itself switches back to a calmer sound with a keyboard melody and then explodes into awesomeness. The track goes on to slow down again during the bridge before ending with the beat picking up once more. Lyrically, Steele sings about her relationship with her love that wasn't quite as it seemed. Towards the start of the song, she sings about how things started at first between the two. "I had never felt this way / You became a part of me / Could I be living a dream." She then learns that her love isn't being quite so honest with her. "I never thought you would be lying / Only one of many receiving your attention." She quickly reminds him of how easily he can be replaced if he keeps up his bad behavior. "You're so replaceable / One more strike and I'm ending this / I can change you without thinking about it."

Songwriter's Comments:
You're probably going to hear this from me a lot about each song on the album, but this has got to be one of my favorites. For me, as I'm sure it's the same for any artists, each song feels like it's your kid because you created it. It's something you took your time with to perfect and it's become a part of you. So I'm always so passionate about my songs and when I have to choose the perfect song to be my newest single, it's the hardest. I think that's probably the hardest part of my job, is to sit down and listen to my songs and determined when one is good enough. To me, this song is really great but in the end I chose not to release it as a single because I felt that I had other songs that were single worthy. So far I feel as though I've been making the right decisions. Fortunately enough, this made it onto the album and my wonderful fans get to hear it. I'm happy about that because I would probably say that my fans most likely consists of the younger fans. So I'm always trying to create something that's going to sound amazing but also something that's going to be relatable. Love is definitely one of my favorite themes to write about because it's the easiest to write about. I've experienced a great big deal of happiness and heartache and so I'm able to take those feelings and express myself in my songs. In the end, something beautiful is made that I can both enjoy with myself and my fans.

Who could of imagined
Fate would lead you straight to me
You could have any girl you want

I had never felt this way
You became a part of me
Could I be living a dream

I remember you promising to give me everything
Neither one of us could escape the attraction
We were always kissing under the moonlight

Ooooo

I never thought you would be lying
Only one of many receiving your attention
I won't shed a single tear over you this time

You're so replaceable
One more strike and I'm ending this
I can change you without thinking about it
Hey
You're so replaceable
Boy just remember not to get too comfortable
Hey Hey

Hey [x5]
So replaceable
Hey [x5]
So replaceable
Hey [x5]
So replaceable
Hey [x5]
So replaceable

We put our love on display
The connection between us felt real
Everybody wanting what we had

Suddenly you became so distant
I thought that it was nothing
Things aren't always what they seem

Oooooh

I remember you promising to give me everything
Neither one of us could escape the attraction
We were always kissing under the moonlight

Ooooo

I never thought you would be lying
Only one of many receiving your attention
I won't shed a single tear over you this time

Oh sweetie, you're so replaceable
I can change you without thinking about it
Hey
You're so replaceable
Hey Hey

Hey [x5]
So replaceable
Hey [x5]
So replaceable
Hey [x5]
So replaceable
Hey [x5]
So replaceable

Used to be the one I depend on
You had me convinced you were the one
This was a lie I told myself to escape the truth that you weren't bad
I won't lose sleep at night anymore wondering where you're at

Oooooh

You're so replaceable
I can change you without thinking about it (about it)
Hey
You're so replaceable
One more strike and I'm ending this (I'm ending this)
Boy just remember not to get too comfortable (too comfortable)
Hey Hey

You're so replaceable
One more strike and I'm ending this (replaceable)
I can change you without thinking about it (so replaceable)

You're so replaceable
One more strike and I'm ending this (replaceable)
So replaceable

Sounds Like:

JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 21/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 21/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/07/2015(UTC)
#95 Posted : 22 July 2015 09:00:59(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: August 19, 2013
Genre: Pop, House
Length: 4:08
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Sunny Munroe

Song Description:
A house-inspired dance track with a synth riff that’s reminiscent of Kelly Clarkson‘s “Catch My Breath” and a throbbing backbeat, it’s a little sad but also optimistic. Driven by a high-energy, synth-laden track, "In My Head" unearths another side of Steele's vocals, the side that's fully capable of commanding a large-scale pop record, and the kind that can be a smash in the club. As the song's thumping bass line drives it forward, Steele confesses that she's got it bad for a dude, and he's always on her mind: "You're always in my head / But it's nothing that you said/ You've got a piece of me/ I don't worry when you leave/ Took me by surprise/ But this love is justified/ You're never gone too far /In my head or in my heart." 'In My Head' is Europop with an edge starting off quite pretty and ballad-like, building with a beat in the verse leading to the dirty electro sound of the chorus. It’s one of those rare songs that would sound right at home on the radio but is cool and edgy enough that the hipsters won’t be embarrassed to sing along to it. Granted, it would be hard to sing it as well as Steele does. Her enchanting, effortless voice increases in strength as the beats increase in intensity. Adding Eilidh Greene into the mix, with her powerhouse vocals, just proves how much of a genius both Steele and Munroe are. Maybe there's still hope for music yet. In the meantime, go pick up Steele's third single, available only on iTunes now!

Songwriter's Comments:
"For this song, I wanted to go in a new direction since the previous songs that I did were all dance-pop and pop influenced. 'In My Head' still has the pop influence a bit but I added in a new element this time with the house inspired track. I think that many people won't expect that from me so it means a lot to be doing something that's different from what I'm use to. I remember writing this on the tour bus back when I was doing my radio promo tour a few months ago, and just opening up and letting the lyrics pour out onto the page. I can't really imagine a time when it was that easy for me but I'm glad that the writing process for this song was just that, easy. I've truly fell in love with this song and can't wait to share it with all my fans. I hope that they'll be happy with the new direction that I've taken and come to enjoy the message in the song. I think it's a great summer song and hopefully people will agree. Working with Sunny was the absolute best because she's so great at what she does. She sits down with you and listens to your ideas and then thinks up her own to incorporate them both. I adore her for that because not that many producers and songwriters take your best interest into consideration. When you're working with Sunny, you're working with the best and I hope that many artist will get the honor to work with her someday. I was also lucky enough to work with Eilidh on this track. There's just so many positives things that I can say about her but I'm going to try and keep this short. She has a great voice that is to die for. I don't think that many people know that she sings but I'm glad to be the one to spread the word. When people hear this song, they're going to wonder why she's never pursued music until now. I'm beyond thrilled to have been the first to do a collaboration with her and I thank both her and Sunny for helping me turn 'In My Head' into perfection." - xoxo Kourtney

purple=Kourtney red=Eilidh Black=All
"In My Head"

Love is so unpredictable
Split second 'til it leaves you blind,
But together we shine bright
Tonight I feel irresistible
So excited that you're mine,
Yeah, together we shine bright

Look at us, look at us
Growing like miracles
We make love, we make love
Seem so believable
Nothing tough, in the end
We made it so reachable

You're always in my head
But it's nothing that you said
You've got a piece of me
I don't worry when you leave
Took me by surprise
But this love is justified
You're never gone too far
In my head or in my heart

Love is so unpredictable

Look at us, look at us
Growing like miracles
We make love, we make love
Seem so believable
Nothing tough, in the end
We made it so reachable

You're always in my head
You've got a piece of me
Took me by surprise

Love is so unpredictable

You're always in my head
You've got a piece of me
Took me by surprise

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

Length: 4:55
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Connie Henderson, Josefina Schultz
Producer(s): Rafael Waters

Song Description:
'I Want You To Show Me' is a pop inspired song by singer, Kourtney Steele. It was written by Steele, Josefina Schultz, and Connie Henderson, and produced by Rafael Waters. Much like 'Replaceable,' the song begins with a calmer sound throughout the first verse as Steele sings with her magnificent voice. It then continues on into the chorus where the beat explodes and becomes fast face. The track then slows down again during the second verse before speeding up once more. As the song comes to an end, the beat slows down for the final time as Steele sings the bridge. The track then goes into the fast paced beat from before as the song comes to an end. Continuing her favorite theme, love, Steele sings about her love who isn't quite giving her the affection she wants. "To be the one you adore / Is what I'm after / Come take me by the hand / Leave a good impression / I wish upon a star / You'll love me harder." She reassures him that he won't end up getting heart this time around, and to open up to show her he truly cares about her. "No more running, don't write it off / Let go of the pain / You can tame it / Boy I want you to show me / Oh I want you to show me / That you care."

Songwriter's Comments:
This song just happens to be the very first song that I wrote when I was just getting into music and writing my own songs. I have a songwriting book where I keep all of the songs that I've written over the years. So when I started working on the album, I went looking through it to get some ideas. I came across this one and really liked it. Of course it needed some work, because I wasn't the best songwriter at the time when I first started writing music. I'd like to think that I've improved a great big deal since then. So during a writing session for the album, I played an acoustic version of the song and they liked it. They agreed with me that it needed some work and so we got to work on coming up with some better lyrics. After that I teamed up with a good producer friend of mine, Rafael Waters, and we started work on recording the song. To my delight, it came out perfectly and I just think that it's really cool to have the very first song I ever wrote on my album. I hope my fans love it cause it's special to me.

[Verse 1:]
I'm not in control
Just waiting on you
My heart's where it belongs
It's beating only for you

Still you want to
Keep your love locked away
I don't blame you
You've got scars left behind

[Chorus:]
Oh I want you to show me something
Cause my love is out in the open
No more running, don't write it off
Let go of the pain
You can tame it
Boy I want you to show me
Oh I want you to show me

That you care

Let go of the pain
You can tame it
Oh I want you to show me

That you care (x4)

[Verse 2:]
To be the one you adore
Is what I'm after
Come take me by the hand
Leave a good impression

I wish upon a star
You'll love me harder
Don't have to try hard
You have my affection

Let go of the pain
You can tame it
Oh I want you to show me

That you care

Let go of the pain
You can tame it
Oh I want you to show me

That you care (x4)

[Bridge:] x2
Come give your all to me
Oh boy
Come put your faith in me
Oh boy
I can help to ease the pain
I promise you
I can make the pain go away
Oh boy

Let go of the pain
You can tame it
Oh I want you to show me

That you care

Let go of the pain
You can tame it
Oh I want you to show me

That you care (x4)

Sounds Like:

Famouss7x7 on 22/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/07/2015(UTC)
#96 Posted : 22 July 2015 14:56:58(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: December 22, 2013
Genre: Acoustic pop
Length: 3:18
Label: Titanic Records, Tric-Jam Records
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Katriel Comyns

Background Info
"Warmest Feeling" is a Pop song by Kato and Kourtney Steele. It was written by Katriel Comyns and Kourtney Steele, produced by Phil N. The song mostly spends time on dealing with missing someone on Christmas and how they make them feel complete when they are there, hence the 'warm feeling' similar to butterflies or being in love. The concept came from Kato as he was approached by Kourtney Steele to work with her on a single for the holidays. "I worked with Kourtney before and she's one of the most pleasant people to be around so I definitely jumped on it. We were able to create something magical as we do with all our collaborations (Laughs) It's really cool to be able to always have that type of relationship with someone in the studio where it's not much effort going into it because you're already so familiar with the way each other works and how they can manage with certain types of music and all that. It's a wonderful song too, one of my new holiday favorites."

"It's no big secret that Christmas is one of the holidays I love the most. So it was a no brainier to do a Christmas song since I love the holiday so much and to kick it up a notch I thought to make the song a duet. Kato was the first person to come to mind when I thought who I wanted to do the duet with. Lucky for me he already had an idea in mind to have the song's lyrics talk about how you feel when you're around that special someone that gives you butterflies. I instantly loved the idea and we began working on the song right away. Since we worked together before, it made things a lot easier as we already know each other individual styles and our strengths and limits. I think our friendship is quite wonderful and I'm still amazed at how just a year ago he didn't even know that I existed. I'm happy to have met him as he's such a talented person and very creative. Each time we work together in the studio I learn something new and I think that's the amazing part of working with someone who has the musical experience. You can always learn so much from artist like that and I look forward to the musical experiences that I'll have throughout my career." - xoxo Kourtney

Song Description
The song begins with a simple guitar strumming pattern, played by Kourtney, as Kato's vocals enter. He sings with his noticeable deeper voice which suits the track just perfectly. As it continues, the full beat comes in, a drum pattern and tambourine followed by some bells as well. It has a very Pop feel to it as well as Christmas with it's warm beat. As it approaches the chorus, he is joined by extra vocals in the background, a layering attempt which allows his own vocals to shine and mix with harmonizing. It's infectious and upbeat tone makes for a perfect toe tapping moment. Kourtney's vocals then enter, her hauntingly beautiful vocals which are just the perfect balance of raspy and clear. The lyrics of the song perfectly compliment the Christmas feeling, as she sings, 'Cus you give me the warmest feeling/It's cold outside but I can't feel it, no/Not anymore/There's no holiday without you'. Although it's not much different from your typical Christmas song, it still has that effect to it which makes it one for the holidays but also able to listen to it on other days. Kourtney and Kato's voices collide together perfectly, making this their second collaboration in which is not overdone with production and simply stripped back. Kourtney shines on the track as well with her diverse vocals from the pop like ones from her past singles, and now fitting another acoustic track. They combine together to sing the Bridge which expresses their happiness with just each other, not needing material things to make them happy, 'Money and gifts/Those things that I don't need/Just you here standing beside/Me, what more could I ask for?'. The way the song is set up, it's very catchy and easy to follow along to with quick witted lyrics and a nice beat to bop your head to.

hotpink=Kourtney purple=Kato Black=All
"Warmest Feeling"

[Verse 1]
It's time, to leave worries behind
Your smiling is a glow
I forget everything
When you're around, I know I try to hide
But the butterflies all stay
I feel it every day

The snow falls so heavily
You know that I can't breathe
But it don't trouble me

[Chorus]
Cus you give me the warmest feeling
It's cold outside but I can't feel it, no
Not anymore
There's no holiday without you
I won't allow it
Missed you from afar
Not anymore (Not anymore)
It went from dreaming all the fun
To spreading Christmas cheer to everyone
I can't wait this year
I feel it getting near
Oh, it's getting so near
Ooh

[Verse 2]
First sight
I fell under your spell
There's no turning back now
I just can't let go
At last I've found a reason to smile
This feels worthwhile
Hope you know
You knock me off my feet
It's unlike anything that I've felt
I just might melt

[Chorus]
Not anymore
I won't allow it
Missed you from afar
I can't wait this year
I feel you getting near
Ooh

[Bridge]
Money and gifts
Those things that I don't need
Just you here standing beside
Me, what more could I ask for?
Nothing matters more
Except to see your face
Red running all over the place
My presence with your grace
Some leather and some lace
It's my favorite day

[Chorus]
Not anymore
I won't allow it
Missed you from afar
I can't wait this year
I feel it getting near
Oh, it's getting so near
Ooh
Mmm
I feel it getting near

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

Length: 3:44
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Kristen Graves, Ruben Cole, Jake Ruiz, Jessica Tyler
Producer(s): Stewart Nichols, Sidney Peters

Song Description:
'When You're In Love' is a pop song by Kourtney Steele. It was written by Steele, Ruben Cole, Jake Ruiz, Kristen Graves, and Jessica Tyler and produced by Stewart Nichols and Sidney Peters. A delicious earworm that finally allows Jepsen to cling onto some vocal subtlety. The singer sounds genuinely affected enough to make lines like "You kiss me on the phone/And I don't think it reaches" work, and the warm glow of the production slides effortlessly into the synth extravaganza of the finale. With what seems to be becoming Carly's trademark synths the star achieves a bouncy, song number on this song, reminiscent of music from the likes of Kylie Minogue. The track begins with a calm intro, gradually increasing in beats, followed by a pre-chorus, and then the pinnacle of catchiness with a fantastic chorus delivery. The best part is definitely the repeating hook, in which her vocals are pure candy to the ears. Lyrically, Steele sings about being blindly in love and wanting to get out of the relationship. "I think it's time to leave, it's time to get away / You kept it all from me,Lived blindly every day / You, think that I don't know, About your secret way / But I don't really care, Cause you can't seem to change."

Songwriter's Comments:
I wanted to have a mixture of both slow and fast tempo songs for the album. If I'm really being honest, there's probably more fast tempo paced songs than anything. I just didn't want this album to be so serious and sad. I wanted it to be fun for my fans and to make them dance. This is my very first album and there was a clear direction that I wanted other than most of the album being filled with nothing but pop songs. I love songs that make me want to dance cause I love dancing, even though I'm not a strong dancer. Still, I get to have fun and Stewart Nichols and Sidney Peters helped me capture that with their genius production. Not only is the beat fun but the lyrics are fun as well and my songwriting team helped me to make it happen. I always feel like I have the best team in the world, cause they're all wonderful to work with. We just have such great chemistry and with the variety of personalities that they each have, it's make the writing sessions we have all the more fun. I'm lucky to have them.

[Verse 1]
All alone, In my thoughts
Yet you know what I'm thinking
For some time, been away
And I know what you're asking

Tried to shy away from all my inhibitions
But you kept coming for me
And the very first time we contemplate
Yeah we knew it'd be over

[Chorus]
I think it's time to leave, it's time to get away
You kept it all from me, Lived blindly every day
You, think that I don't know, About your secret way
But I don't really care, Cause you can't seem to change
Let me know when you're in love tonight

When you're in love (When you're in love)
When you're in love
When you're in love

[Verse 2]
Can't believe, what you do
And I know what you're after
All the time, on my own (On my own)
While you smile at your laughter

Now it's getting real hard for me to see
That you were so right for me
Used to think that you were all I needed to be
The girl you see right now

[Chorus]
But I don't really care, Cause you can't seem to change

When you're in love
When you're in love

When you're in love, Let me know
When you're in love, Let me know

[Chorus]

When you're in love (Let me know when you're in love)
When you're in love
Why don't you let me know? (When you're in love)
When you're in love

Sounds Like:

JohnnyBBB on 22/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/07/2015(UTC)
#97 Posted : 23 July 2015 06:32:36(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: April 4, 2014
Genre: Bubblegum pop
Length: 3:54
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Dylan Shaw
Producer(s): Kourtney Steele, Dylan Shaw

Song Description:
Kourtney teams up with new artist, Dylan Shaw, to pen her new single, “Intention,” off her upcoming debut album. It was also produced by Steele along with Shaw and is in the key of B major with Steele's vocal range between the octaves of F Sharp3 and D Flat5. It has a tempo of 135 beats per minute and lasts three minutes and fifty-four seconds. The track is a rock-tinged, bubblegum pop song that also contains influences of New Wave, sublime and serene keyboards, densely dreamy guitars and a gently upbeat drum-machine rhythm. It's a sound that recalls Simple Minds or even the Cranberries at their dream-poppiest, but with the confidence of Steele's vocals. Throughout the song, "Intention" is musically and lyrically upbeat with Steele singing about a guy that turned out not to be the handsome sweet guy she thought he was. “Love is blind, love is blind, love is blind, oh oh” she sings during the opening verse. “Shoulda ran, shoulda ran when you said hello.” The song’s main subject continues on as the tone of the lyrics quickly shifts to match the fizzy musical arrangement. “Once it's done, you'll be gone, Wish I knew, before it went wrong” Steele beams in the chorus. “I won't ignore the games you're playing, You hurt me bad.” The single has catchy lyrics and can be danced to- something Steele is good at producing. Not to mention that it’s sweet without being cloying and as light and airy as cotton candy — and just as addictive, too. It even has a bit of eighties flare in it. She truly shows her colors as a pop artist with spirited and bouncy beat and adorable lyrics about a guy's real intention. Lines such as “Play like you could be trusted, Instead you forever shattered, A love that could have been remembered and treasured” are perfect for dancing and singing to help get over a bad breakup.

Songwriter's Comments:
I personally am very fond of this song and I think it's one of the best songs I've ever written. That's just my opinion of course but I do hope that people will enjoy it too. The song was written just a few years ago when I was still in high school but I never finished it until about a few months ago. I happened to come across the lyrics in one of my lyric books when I was cleaning out my room one day. I looked it over of course and I thought that with a little bit of work it would make a great song. So I bought it with me to the studio one day during one of my writing sessions and I performed it for a few people just to get their opinions. They loved it and immediately wanted to know how soon I could finish it. I got started on it right away but I was having a bit of trouble with the lyrics. It was quite a challenge and I was never satisfied with whatever I came up with. So I took a break and set it aside just to clear my mind so that I could try again later. I ended up on the internet on YouTube, as I always like searching up new music, I happened to come across some of Dylan's music and I pretty much knew from there that I wanted to work with her. I had my team contact her, and believe me it wasn't easy, but they finally got a hold of her. We met up at one of my writing sessions and she was as sweet as could be. I let her hear what I had so far and by the time I was done she already had ides for what I could do for the song. Two days later the song was completely done and absolutely perfect. That was the first time in my career so far that I've had such an amazing experience working with someone. It was truly magical cause she's so talented. It's just beyond anything else and I'm glad that I got to work with her on this song. If I ever get the chance again, I most certainly will do it again. She's just that great of an artist.

Love is blind, love is blind, love is blind, oh oh
Shoulda ran, shoulda ran when you said "hello"
You didn't stop at nothing
Convinced me this was something
Till' you got caught in your lie, lie, lie, lie

Gave you all, gave you more of my heart, eh eh
Let you along for the ride, let your words persuade
Play like you could be trusted
Instead you forever shattered
A love that could have been remembered and treasured

Once it's done, you'll be gone
Wish I knew, before it went wrong
Your love - is what I was missing
Can't hide - your real intention

Place a bet, place a bet behind my back, oh oh
Make her fall, make her fall then break her heart
He didn't stop at nothing
Persuaded me this was something
I should've seen it coming, boy, boy, boy you

Played your part, played your part just to string me along
Fooled me once, fooled me twice like I was your pawn
You made it all much clearer
I let you forever shatter
A life that could have been remembered and treasured

Once it's done, let me go
Pack your bags , I'm so over you
Can't hide - your real intention, intention

I won't ignore the games you're playing,
You went too far, you went too far, far
You hurt me bad, you hurt me bad, bad
You went too far, you went too far, far
You hurt me bad, you hurt me bad, bad

You might think love's a game
but no one else can take the blame
I hope that we'll never be lovers and friends
'Cause I will never forget, forget that

Love is blind, love is blind, love is blind, oh oh
Shoulda ran, shoulda ran when you said "hello"
You made it all much clearer
I let you forever shatter
A life that could have been remembered and treasured (treasured)

Once it's done, let me go
Pack your bags , I'm so over you
Can't hide - your real intention, intention

Hide your real intention
your intention, yeah
Can't hide your, hide
Your real intention

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

Length: 3:07
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Samantha Phelps, Emma Cannon, Carl Walsh, Lucas Craig
Producer(s): Krystal Boone

Song Description:
'Crazy Glue' is a song by Kourtney Steele. It was written by Steele, Samantha Phelps, Carl Walsh, Lucas Craig, and Emma Cannon and produced by Krystal Boone. The track is smooth and dance-friendly, with the kind of kick-drum and piano that fits well next to uptempo hits from Duke Dumont and Gorgon City. The infectious pop beat is enough to make anyone fall in love with its upbeat and high energy sound. Lyrically, Steele sings to her love that she's had enough of the way he's treating her. "I can't let it go / There's no way I can turn it down / Shut it off / It's time I stop hiding the way I feel / What you're doing isn't fair to me / I'm right here but you're somewhere up in the air." She goes on to sing how she'll remember the good times but wants out of the relationship. "No turning back / You have to know / I won't forget / What you meant to me / I'm breaking free / It's over now / You're nothing but trouble / Oh I warned you / Oh not to cause me pain / Oh I was so wrong to hold on to you / Like crazy glue."

Songwriter's Comments:
With every song on this album, excluding one, I've written the lyrics to it with the help of my songwriting team. I made it a goal to make sure that I wrote songs for this album to have that personal connection with my fans. I feel that it's more intimate when your fans know that you wrote that song by yourself or at least helped to write it. It allows them to connect more with me, cause when they see my name down as a songwriter, that the song means something to me. They'll know that it came from my heart and is actually something that I've most likely experienced at one point. There's some artist that never contribute in writing their own songs, and I honestly have nothing against that. However, it's just not something I feel comfortable in doing. I understand though that not everyone is able to be blessed with the talent of songwriting. Some are just better at singing and that's completely fine in my eyes. I don't feel that I'm superior in any way, cause we're both just doing what we love.

I can't let it go
There's no way I can turn it down
Shut it off
It's time I stop hiding the way I feel
What you're doing isn't fair to me
I'm right here but you're somewhere up in the air

No turning back
You have to know
I won't forget
What you meant to me
I'm breaking free

It's over now
You're nothing but trouble
Oh I warned you
Oh not to cause me pain
Oh I was so wrong to hold on to you
Like crazy glue [2x]

Like crazy glue

Flattery won't help you this time to change my mind
Sometimes I wish I could turn back the time
To feel the warmth of your love
Boy now I see you only had me fooled

No turning back
You have to know
I won't forget
What you meant to me
I'm breaking free

It's over now
You're nothing but trouble
Oh I warned you
Oh not to cause me pain
Like crazy glue [2x]

Like crazy glue

No turning back
You have to know [3x]
I won't forget
What you meant to me, me, me
You're not who I thought you were

Oh I warned you
Oh not to cause me pain
Like crazy glue [2x]

Like crazy glue

Sounds Like:

Famouss7x7 on 23/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 23/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/07/2015(UTC)
#98 Posted : 23 July 2015 07:51:10(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: November 3, 2014
Length: 3:30
Label: Titanic Records, Studio60 Records
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Isabel Merjos
Producer(s): Kourtney Steele, Isabel Merjos, Lucia Vega

Song Description:
'Space' is a pop song by recording artists Kourtney Steele and Isabel Merjos. It was written by Kourtney Steele, Isabel Merjos and produced by Kourtney Steele, Isabel Merjos, and Lucia Vega. Steele announced via Twitter that she would be releasing a new single and that the song would be instantly be available for download when her album, 'Made of Steele,' is pre-ordered on iTunes. The track is crunchy, guitar-led power pop production and an endlessly hook-heavy break-up anthem with just the right amount of bounce and bite — a sparkling pop gem in its purest form. Lyrically, Steele and Merjos, sing about breaking up with a guy after he cheats with another girl. "You send me roses to, avoid what happened last night / Why can't you just admit, I caught you in your lie / I hope she knows you well, because I know I do / She's got you for right now, but you will be back soon," they sing during the feisty flip-off opening verse. They go on to say that they've had enough of his player ways and plan to leave him, singing in the almighty hook, "We're so done / Oh, baby, the spark's gone / I'm leaving you behind / I'm no fool, I see through your disguise / I'm leaving you / Tonight."

Songwriter's Comments:
"I remember when I was in high school, which wasn't that long ago actually, and how I use to listen to Izzy's music. I use to drive my mom and dad crazy cause it was all I would play when one of her albums would come out. I also remember begging them to let me go to one of her concerts and eventually they gave in and I got to go. It was one of the greatest things ever in my life and from there I was in love with her. I knew I had to meet her and luckily for me I did, and we're not best friends. It's crazy when I think about it cause just a few years ago she didn't even know who I was and now we're inseparable. I'm really lucky to have a friend like her and to be able to work with her is a honor. I always wanted to work with her and Jen and I didn't know how we we're going to pull it off at first. Eventually things fell into place and we we're able to make something happen. For my debut album, I have both of them on a track with me. Izzy's on this track, and Jen is on the remix of 'Love Like This,' which is on the iTunes version of the album. Both of them have great voices and I think that they outshine me but it's fine. I'm completely cool with that haha. Anyway getting back to what I was saying, yeah it was fun. It was sort of a last minute thing too though working with them. From the beginning I hadn't planned to have that many collaborations on the album but it just happened over time. I was working with Lucia in the studio and I asked her if she had any new beats for me and she started playing this one. I instantly fell in love with it and immediately began putting lyrics to it. Once it was done, I recorded my vocals for it and during playback, I just felt like it was missing something. So I called Izzy up and I asked if she could come see me at the studio and hear the song. Once she heard it, she was agreed that it was missing something. So we just came up with the idea that she could be on it and after spending a few hours recording and rewriting the lyrics, the song was finally perfect. At first, I wanted to save the song and keep it as the lead single for my next album. Eventually, I couldn't wait that long cause I was so excited about it and not to mention that it had been a while since I released anything. So I decided to release this song as my last and final single and have fans get it when they downloaded my album. It's one of my favorites on the album and I hope everyone loves it.

purple = Kourtney hotpink = Isabel Black = All

Hey!
You send me roses to, avoid what happened last night
Why can't you just admit, I caught you in your lie
I hope she knows you well, because I know I do
She's got you for right now, but you will be back soon

Hope she was worth it

We're so done
I'm leaving you behind
I'm leaving you
Tonight
Tonight
Tonight
Tonight

You like to play around, but you can't play with me
I know all your secrets, you're not who you try to be
I tried to give you the, the benefit of the doubt
But you got me so fed up, I'm done trying to hear you out

Hope she was worth it

We're so done
I'm leaving you behind
I'm leaving you
Tonight
Tonight (to-to-tonight)
Tonight
Tonight (to-to-tonight)

Yeah baby, you... (oooo)
Yeah baby, I'm... (oooo)

Leaving you, oh
Yeah

We're so done
I'm leaving you behind
I'm leaving you

We're so done
I'm leaving you behind
I'm leaving you tonight

Yeah baby, you... (oooo)
Yeah baby, I'm... (oooo)

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

Genre: Synthpop
Length: 4:12
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Pixie Love, Gia Rose-Hilton
Producer(s): Gia Rose-Hilton

Song Description:
"Permanent Mark" is a track off the official "Obsessed" Netflix series soundtrack. It was recorded by Pop artist Kourtney Steele in February and finished in March. The song was initially made for pop singer, Isabel Merjos, but Merjos decided to pass on the song and it was later given to Steele for her debut album. Gia Rose-Hilton serves as the producer and one of the writers alongside Pixie Love and Isabel Merjos. Since it's release, the track has been praised by several critics who praise Steele's sweet and beautiful vocals as well as the nostalgic production of synthpop which bleeds over the track. After the series was announced, there was talk of a soundtrack being released and while details stayed bleak, fans took to twitter, hoping the singer would contribute to the album and they got their wish. Kourtney confirmed that she was indeed working on a song for the soundtrack in an interview with BBC1 Radio, while promoting her latest single off her upcoming album, "Space." She described the track as "very romantic" and "fits perfectly with the series." The series, which is about five characters in college and their obsession with a band and as the show progresses you see their obsessions go to extreme levels.

Musically, the track is dominated by Synthpop and features sweet and gentle vocals from Kourtney. As one who had been criticized for her vocals in the past, Kourtney has been able to improve over time and stun even her most vicious critics. It starts off with an echoed beat and piano as it starts to gain momentum, turning into a beautiful, illustrious chorus with catchy lyrics. It's enough to have you, well, obsessed. Kourtney, with her raspy yet attractive vocals, really plays on it this time. Throughout the song, she starts to blossom into the confident woman she was always destined to be and brings an extra 'boom' to the song with its drum-heavy production. It s the perfect ambiance for Kourtney's ethereal-like vocals. Lyrically, the song is about a romance that takes control of the singer to the point even if they left each other, he'd still have left a mark on her. It also references being 'obsessed' with the other and feeling as if they need to be with the other person.

Songwriter's Comments:
I love the song because it's so sweet and passionate and romantic. It's everything you don't expect an...obsession to feel like. You think it's weird and creepy but it can also be harmless and sweet. Recording this song was absolutely fun and I adore Pixie so much for her creative input. I think I really love the song because I can relate to it so much, it's just- I'm a hopeless romantic so anything about love I gush over. As far as the sound, I loved the 80's throwback it had and the drums, the drums are just amazing. It really gives me a warm feeling when I hear the song and I hope that my fans will get that same feeling as I have.

Even when you are gone
Your presence still remains
Just a thought, or a sign
All others try but you've made your claim
I can feel their touch but it's not the same, the same

It's not fair that you made
My blood run so much deeper
No tricks and no games
Just pure and unimaginable charm
Such fire from a little spark, little spark

And this will stay the same, thi-thi-this will stay the same
Always stay the same, thi-thi-this will stay the same
Nothing new will change, no-no-nothing new will change
You've left a permanent ma-a-ark

It's a battle, and a war
Trying to resist your eyes
This I know, when I try
I can fall even when you tell me lies
It's the urge that I cannot fight, can't fight
It's more than obsession
Feels like it's desperation
To keep you near and beside me no matter if it hurts

And this will stay the same, thi-thi-this will stay the same (stay the same)

Always stay the same, thi-thi-this will stay the same (Sa-ame)

Ahh, ohh

It's more than obsession
Feels like it's desperation
To keep you near and beside me no matter if it hurts

Always stay the same, thi-thi-this will stay the same (nothing will cha-a-a-ange)

Ah, ah-hhh

Sounds Like:

JohnnyBBB on 23/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 23/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/07/2015(UTC)
#99 Posted : 23 July 2015 09:30:01(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Bonus Tracks

UserPostedImage

Released: August 12, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Genre: Acoustic Pop
Length: 3:10
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Jennifer Armstrong, Spencer Kelley, Owen West, Bernadette Matthews
Producer(s): Kourtney Steele, Allison Klein, Camille Cox

Song Description:
'Love Like This' is a song by Canadian singer Kourtney Steele featuring Jennifer Armstrong. The song was written by Kourtney, Jennifer Armstrong, Spencer Kelley, Owen West and Bernadette Matthews and produced by Kourtney, Allison Klein and Camille Cox. The track features on the 'Summer Break' soundtrack, which is to be released a week after the movie releases. Steele was invited to write a song for the soundtrack and jumped at the opportunity. "I personally thought that it would be a great idea cause not only would I be making new music I would also be supporting one of my best friends, Izzy, who stars in the movie. I've already seen it and it's great, and I'm sure others will agree. Harmony Korine is a great director to me and all those that take part in the movie are great as well. I truly hope that everyone goes out to see it cause I know for a fact that you won't be disappointed."

Steele sings about her love for her husband, Jason Ochoa, and just how much he means to her and the wonderful things that he does for her. "Line by line, words to me / Just a fairytale story, but I never reach the end / Then along came you, and my wish came true / Now you're the only one I'm choosing / Yeah I'm choosing life with you / We're destined for eternity / You make me feel safe / When you're with me / Never can they say / We're not meant to be, meant to be." "It was such a perfect day on the day we got engaged because we were by the beach and Jason made this perfect picnic for us. It was simply beautiful and when he pulled out the ring I was so surprised and thrilled all at the same time. I still can't believe that it happened and it's truly one of the best days of my life. I was so happy and so I wanted to write a song for him that showed how I feel about him. Of course he already knows how I feel about him but now the whole world can know it. I hope that my fans will enjoy this new song because I've really put my heart into this one. It just means so much to me and I hope that it can give people hope that true love is out there you just need to find it. I really do feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have someone like him because he's so amazing. We're a perfect match and I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together and to see where this journey called life takes us."

purple = Kourtney magenta = Jennifer

Line by line, words to me
Just a fairytale story, but I never reach the end
Then along came you, and my wish came true
Now you're the only one I'm choosing
Yeah I'm choosing life with you

We're destined for eternity

You make me feel safe,
When you're with me
Never can they say,
We're not meant to be, meant to be
My heart skips a beat when we're kissing
And I love the way I feel when we're touching
I just can't get enough
Oh they can't find love like this anywhere

Love like this
Do do doo doo doo
Love like this

You make me smile,
You're my first love
I don't dare think what life could be,
You're so much better than the rest
Boy each time you pass the test
You're all that matters
If you're what I have to show for,
You're my greatest success

You make me feel safe,
When you're with me
Never can they say,
I just can't get enough

Love like this
Do do doo doo doo
Love like this

I don't have to dress up, you say that I'm more than enough
And I'm sure you're not aware, of just what seeing you does
No need to have to pretend to be something I'm not
Wanna keep you to myself so we can love like this forever

You make me feel safe,
When you're with me
Never will I say,
I just can't get enough
Yeah they've never seen love like this

Love like this
Love like this
Do do doo doo doo

Sounds Like

UserPostedImage

Length: 2:47
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Stewart Nichols, Sidney Peters
Producer(s): Lucas Craig, Pixie Love

Song Description:
'Nothing To Lose' is a pop track by Canadaian singer, Kourtney Steele. It was recorded by Steele in May and was the last official song to be added to the album. The song features on the bonus iTunes version along with the remix to 'Love Like This' featuring one of Steele's best friends, Jennifer Armstrong. It was written by Kourtney Steele, Sidney Peters, and Stewart Nichols, and produced by Lucas Craig and Steele's label mate, Pixie Love. Musically, the track is pop inspired and features Kourtney's sweet vocals over a beat that's catchy throughout the song. Lyrically, Steele sings about finding the right guy and wanting to make him hers. "I just couldn't deny, the chemistry between us two / Until it all changed somewhere along the way / I felt something I couldn't explain / Now my love's waiting for you to claim, oh." She goes on to mention how great they would be together and that he should take a chance on them. "You see we belong together, no one out there like ya / You're the one I want, let's take a risk / We've got nothing to lose, nothing to lose."

Songwriter's Comments:
I absolutely love this song, because it's just so upbeat and it'll make you addicted to it for sure. When I was thinking about the order of the songs, I wanted the album to end on a great note. I didn't want anything sad but instead something fun and upbeat and this song fits the description. When I began writing for the album, I was in a good place in my life. Everything was just working out well for me and I just had so much to express. I remember always being out and getting inspired by some of the simplest things that I would come across. I always had to write these things down so that later I would remember to write a song about the experience. For some artists, they like to keep their ideas and songs in things like notebooks or their phones. I'm one of those who keeps them in a journal like book. I bring it everywhere with me and so if I ever lost it my life would probably be over. I probably should have a backup in place just in case that happens but anyway it really helps me out when I'm on the go and need to write something down real quick. That's where the idea of this song came from and really from my feelings for my husband. I usually write a great big deal of songs about him, because it just comes so easy to me. Love is something that I believe in strongly and it's something that my fans and I can connect with. Everyone has experienced some type of love before and to share what I'm feeling and have them relate to it is the best. It's what I live for. When I'm reading my fan mail, I become really happy when I have those fans that express to me that I'm practically writing the soundtrack to their lives. That makes me happy knowing that. I feel like that's what music is all about, to touch someone's life with your music. That's what music does for me when I'm listening to other artists. I love to share that and hopefully pass it on. So I'm looking forward to hearing the positive comments that my fans have to share about my album now that it's complete.

We started off as just friends
All the possibilities
Never wanting the good times to end
You made everything so simple
I just couldn't deny, the chemistry between us two
Until it all changed somewhere along the way
I felt something I couldn't explain
Now my love's waiting for you to claim, oh

I've been searching for you
Now everything's much clearer
You're the one I want, let's take a risk
We've got nothing to lose, nothing to lose
You see we belong together, no one out there like ya

Oh! Na na na na na (x2)

It's crazy how you make me, lost for words, when I'm next to you
There's no mistaking what I feel now, just for you, I could scream it to the world
You're the other half of me, now our two hearts beat as one
Oh, I'm head over heels in love
Oh!

Oh! Na na na na na (x2)

We've found something so special and I want it to last forever
Boy let's seal it with a kiss! Oh!

Oh! Na na na na na (x4)

Sounds Like:

thanks 5 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 23/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/07/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#100 Posted : 24 July 2015 08:04:46(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: It's been 80 years....but you finally released Kourtney's album :P Everything looks great, really proud of all the work and dedication you put into writing this album. You took no shortcuts and you really did a great job on it. I love the lyrics and it's a great Pop album, one that seems realistic and consistent.

Izzy: Yay! I love every track and I'm going to literally buy a copy from every music store I walk in to haha. So proud of you Mrs. Ocha ;) Now to get you on the road :P
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 24/07/2015(UTC)