logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Head South Records  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2024 07:46:18(UTC)
Head South Records

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 48 post(s)
The brisk wind cut through Oona's thoughts as she strolled the streets of Brighton, contemplating the unexpected turn her life had taken. From the monotony of the call center where she used to work, to the promise of a musical future with Head South Records, After her successful auditions (Watch the auditions here) , doubt lingered in her mind like a haunting melody.

Oona doubts herself as the success stories of Sigrún and Jack Dunn loomed over her like towering specters. Their meteoric rise after passing the same auditions that had opened the door for her weighed heavily on Oona's shoulders.

As good reviews of their debuts reached her ears, the once-persistent rhythm of confidence within Oona wavered. Her mind became a battleground of insecurities, questioning whether her talent would be enough to navigate the cutthroat currents of the music industry.

Sigrún's haunting melodies and Jack Dunn's raw authenticity seemed to cast a shadow on Oona's aspirations and the weight of comparison was pressing against her like an unrelenting tide.

In the quiet moments, as she walked the familiar streets of Brighton, Oona grappled with the fear of not measuring up, wondering if her unique sound could resonate in a world already captivated by others. The doubt crept in like a minor chord, discordant and unsettling.

Entering the headquarters of Head South, Oona's nerves danced beneath her skin. She had an appointment with Ben Rodini, the artistic guru of the label. She needed to voice her concerns about preserving her creative autonomy amid the industry's potential pressures.

t

At the reception, Lucy Hansen greeted her with a warm smile that carried a hint of shared dreams. Lucy, a recent addition to the company, was more than just a receptionist; she was an aspiring musician navigating the currents of the alternative scene.

"Hi, I'm Oona Clarke. I've got a meeting with Ben Rodini about my recent signing," Oona stammered, her eyes flickering around the sleek lobby.

Lucy looked up, a warm smile breaking across her face. "Oh, Oona! Welcome to Head South. I'm Lucy Hansen, receptionist."

Oona managed a hesitant smile. "Nice to meet you. I just... I have a meeting With Ben Rodini." Then hesitating, "I'm not sure if I can handle all of this".

Lucy motioned towards the vintage couches in the corner. "Come, have a seat. Starting a new chapter can be overwhelming, but trust me, you've got this. We all start somewhere."

As they settled into the inviting cushions, Oona poured out her uncertainties. "I worked in a call center, you know? Now I'm here, and I can't shake off this feeling that it's all a mistake."

h

Lucy leaned forward, her eyes locking onto Oona's. "I get it. I was just a struggling musician not so long ago. But the label believes in you. And if you ever doubt yourself, remember why you're here – because your music spoke to someone. It spoke to the crowd, and scouts!"

Encouraged, Oona pressed on, "And what about the label's involvement in my music? I want to keep it authentic."

Lucy nodded knowingly. "Just communicate your vision clearly. They signed you for a reason — your talent. They'll respect your artistic choices, just how they did With Jack Dunn and Sigrún".

As Oona left Lucy and approached Ben Rodini's office, a newfound confidence flickered within her. The meeting with Ben went surprisingly well; he assured her that Head South valued artists who stayed true to their essence.

Exiting the office, Oona spotted Lucy at the reception and extended an invitation. "Fancy a pint at huntmans bar?

Lucy's face lit up with excitement, bridging the gap between two women connected by the passion for music.

[Ooc : Hey! It was something I had in mind for some time. I wanted to tell the story of an artist making her way to the top. At this point, I really don't know what's the future of Oona Clarke.

Everybody can interact with Oona: wether you meet her in a pub, in a streets or in a train....wether you're a renowned artist, or an aspiring one, a passer by, a vendor, wether you want to be part of her band, or just write a song, or shoot a video for a song, or whatever....You're all welcome to be part of Oona's story ;) ]

Edited by user 19 February 2024 06:14:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
thanks 4 users thanked Head South Records for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/01/2024(UTC), erich hess on 22/01/2024(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/01/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/01/2024(UTC)
#2 Posted : 30 January 2024 16:16:32(UTC)
Head South Records

Thedrunken huntmans bar, afternoon

Oona and Lucy settled in, their drinks clinking against the table.

Lucy couldn't contain her excitement. "Did you check out the latest charts? Jack Dunn's debut single just snagged the top spot, straight-up #1!"

j

Oona's eyes widened, genuine enthusiasm in her voice. "No way! That's fantastic for him."

Lucy grinned, but a shadow crossed Oona's face. "But hey," Oona interjected, "just a gentle reminder that I'm in the wings, waiting for my debut to make its mark too."

"Absolutely," Lucy reassured her. "Your time will come, Oona. They signed you for a reason."

Lucy, riding the wave of excitement, continued, "And you know what's even more incredible? Head South talents are dominating the album charts. We've got #1, #2, and #3 spots secured!"

Oona's smile faltered, and Lucy noticed the subtle shift in her expression. "What's on your mind?"

Oona hesitated, choosing her words carefully. "It's great for them, really, but I just hope the label doesn't expect all of us to fit into the same mold, right?"

Lucy nodded, understanding Oona's concern. "You're absolutely right. The label signed a diverse group of artists for a reason : to bring a variety of sounds to the table. Your authenticity is what drew them in, and they know that."

"Exactly what Ben Rodini told me", replied Oona, thoughtful.

Oona's confidence flickered back, and she smiled appreciatively. "Thanks, Lucy. Sometimes it's just hard not to get swept away in the charts and numbers."

y

Lucy leaned in, her tone reassuring. "Numbers don't define artistry. Your music, your story, that's what matters. Charts are just the icing on the cake."

As the conversation veered towards the intricacies of the music industry, Oona and Lucy found solace in their shared understanding, ready to face the challenges.

Lucy flashed a mischievous smile across the table, her fingers tapping a rhythm on the pint of beer She ordered. "Spill it, Oona. The nerves must've been insane when you sang here. What was going on in that head of yours?"

Oona chuckled, a wry grin playing on her lips. "Oh, you have no idea. There's this guy, Dany Sheen, a fucking wizard with the guitar and vocals. Blew everyone away, but the scouts didn't bite. That set the bar high, and let's just say it, I was scared stiff."

Lucy leaned in, intrigued. "But, come on, you crushed it! Your song was pure fire."

"Thanks," Oona replied, a modest smile dancing on her face. "I didn't exactly spend days agonizing over it, though."

The café hummed with the distant chatter of other customers and ambiant music, and Lucy's gaze grew thoughtful. Curiosity sparkled in Oona's eyes. "Hey, I remember you saying you're a musician, right?"

Lucy nodded, a bashful smile playing on her lips. "Yeah, I play guitar. Decent enough for small gigs here and there. But singing a whole song on stage? Not my thing. I'm more comfortable in the shade of a vocalist, you know?"

Oona leaned in, a glint of curiosity in her eyes. "Cool! and what do you play?"

Lucy's face lit up with passion. "Started with folk, but indie, alternative, Cold wave... that's where my heart beats. Dum Dum Girls, Porridge Radio, Death Cab for Cutie..."

Oona's eyes widened with recognition. "Porridge Radio? Love them!"

Lucy nodded, reaching for her phone. "7 seconds" is so cool. Love this one.". Oona agreed "Dana Margolin's Vocals are awesome. Saw them live few times. They're from Brighton, you know?".

As "7 seconds" filled the air surrounding their table, Lucy asked, "Your turn. What's your playlist??"

Oona leaned back, contemplating. "Oh, I listen to various things....The Cure, Nightbus, Sneaks, Warpaint.

Lucy's eyes widened. "Warpaint? Nice choice! And Nightbus and Sneaks, huh?" She immediately pulled out her phone, ready to explore Oona's musical universe.

Lucy seemed to enjoy the minimalist vibe of Sneaks.

"I'm all about that bass. There's something about crafting the structure of a song, you know? Drummers get that too", Oona said.

Lucy raised an eyebrow. "Wait, you play drums?"

Oona laughed. "Nah, bass is my thing. It's like holding down the fort, laying the foundation. You feel the pulse."

"Badass," Lucy remarked, genuine admiration in her eyes. They both lough. "So, what's on the agenda for the afternoon?"

Oona suggested with a grin, "How about we hit my flat? Got a bass and guitar waiting for us."

The characters are in a public place, so anyone willing to take part to the story is welcome ;) Cool

Edited by user 19 February 2024 06:16:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
thanks 1 user thanked Head South Records for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/02/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 16 February 2024 03:57:16(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
The drunken huntmans bar, evening:

Cameron was in town working on some new music that he was preparing to release real soon. He headed into the local hotspot which happened to be a bar. He headed inside and sat down at the bar and ordered himself a drink, the barman handed him his drink and then looked around the room to scope out the bar.

The noise of the place was a little overwhelming but he didn't mind it too much.

Just as he was enjoying his drink he was approached by someone he wasn't familiar with not that he was familiar with anyone here in London being that his an American, the girl approached him and he threw her a warm smile.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Head South Records on 16/02/2024(UTC)
#4 Posted : 19 February 2024 07:06:51(UTC)
Head South Records

As they were on the brink of leaving the bustling bar, Lucy gripped Oona's arm, her eyes widening with a hint of excitement. "Quick, have a discreet glance. Look who's sitting at that table, over there!"

Oona, always one for playful antics, put two fingers to her temples and began a slow, mechanical scan of the room, making robotic noises with her mouth. Lucy couldn't help but laugh. "Stop that!"

Imitating a robot, Oona deadpanned, "There is no match in my database for the person sitting at that table"

Lucy rolled her eyes. "Cameron Jacobson! you're crazy!"

Oona raised an eyebrow. "Cameron Jacobson? Should I know him?"

She didn't seem overly interested. Lucy, however, was already plotting her approach. "We should go say hi! Come on!"

"Fangirl detected....fangirl detected" Oona teased, doing her robot imitation again.

Lucy grinned. "Making contacts, my dear Oona, is the key in this industry. Trust me."

Oona let out a sigh but relented, allowing Lucy to guide her toward Cameron Jacobson's table. Lucy approached with an eager smile, Oona trailing slightly behind.

Lucy :"Hey there! Mind if we join you for a minute?"

Edited by user 19 February 2024 19:01:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 19 February 2024 10:13:45(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron smiles as the pair approach him. "By all means go ahead, I am not used to this country...it is far colder here than I remember". He says with a chuckle. "So what would you two beautiful ladies like to drink, it's on me". He says as her motions for the barman to come over!
UserPostedImage
#6 Posted : 21 February 2024 02:03:01(UTC)
Head South Records

Oona opted for a pint, and Lucy followed suit. As the glasses were being filled, Lucy, never one to beat around the bush, leaned in with curiosity.

"Are you who I think you are? what brings you to Brighton?"
Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#7 Posted : 21 February 2024 02:07:52(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron chuckles. “It would depend on who you think I am, haha names Cameron by the way, I am a singer”. He then smiles at the pair. “So what are you two beauties doing here?”
UserPostedImage
#8 Posted : 21 February 2024 04:12:20(UTC)
Head South Records

"Nice to meet you, Cameron," Lucy replied with a smile. Oona, less interested in small talk (and quite irritated by the way he called them "beauties"), simply introduced herself as Oona. Lucy, always the storyteller, added, "We were just chatting. We're musicians. Oona landed a contract with a local label called Head South. Ever heard of them? I work for them as a receptionist."

Edited by user 21 February 2024 04:14:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#9 Posted : 21 February 2024 05:10:05(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron smiles at them both. “Ah head south, yeah I have heard of that label, Jake Dunn and Cerys are on that label from what I can remember, Oh so Oona is signed to them, guess you'll be releasing music song then huh?”

Cameron then thinks back to Lucy’s earlier question. “I am here on business, studio time and promotion that sort of thing, gotta keep the UK fanbase happy and all that”.
UserPostedImage
#10 Posted : 21 February 2024 16:41:26(UTC)
Head South Records

Oona felt a slight irritation at Cameron's choice of words. "Beauties" and the term "fanbase" seemed to rub her the wrong way, finding them a bit abstract and dehumanizing. However, she reminded herself not to judge a person after just a couple of phrases.

Politely sidestepping the conversation about her work, Oona chose to share more about her journey in the music industry. "It's all pretty new for me," she admitted. "I've got a few songs, but I'm wrestling with the pressure I put on myself. Figuring out the direction I want to take is, you know, a bit complicated." She offered a hesitant smile, hoping her honesty didn't come across as vulnerability.

Changing the subject, Oona redirected the conversation. "What about you, Cameron? Are you recording a new song here in Brighton?".
Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#11 Posted : 22 February 2024 00:33:14(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron listened intently to what Oona was saying interested in her rise. “I can relate…when I first dropped Pompeii a few years ago I was this young naive 18 year-old who just wanted to put out music but I lacked purpose and direction and that's why I stepped away for a few years to really put the thought into it, plus lets not get into my whole celebrity big brother experience that was almost career suicide.”

Cameron was never usually this honest but he felt comfortable. “I am here to fine-tune a few tracks on my album and do some publicity that sort of thing…I have never been here before but my management team was like you really should go explore the UK and Europe so here I am”.

Edited by user 22 February 2024 00:34:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
#12 Posted : 28 February 2024 03:04:59(UTC)
Head South Records

Oona felt a wave of sympathy for Cameron, appreciating his honesty about the ups and downs of his career. She even confessed, "Pompeii was pretty catchy," surprising Lucy, who had assumed Oona only appreciated dark and depressing songs. Lucy chimed in, "I'd never get into a Big Brother show, though."

As the conversation flowed, Oona sensed a genuine connection with Cameron. She could see beyond the glossy exterior of the celebrity and grasp the person behind the fame.

Deciding it was time to move on, Oona announced, "Well, we were actually about to leave the pub to play some music. You're welcome to join us if you fancy, Cameron."

Lucy, always ready for an impromptu musical gathering, added, "Yeah, we've got a little jam session planned. What do you say?"
Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#13 Posted : 28 February 2024 12:20:21(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron chuckles. “Yeah if they ever ask you to do but brother, no matter how much they pay you absolutely say no, it's not worth it to many cameras and drama”.

He then smiles when they asked about jamming. “I'd love to join you guys, I actually did bring my guitar with me on the trip here so I would love to have an impromptu play of it, so count me in”. He says with a genuine smile, he didn't get to play guitar to often but he was actually very good at it.
UserPostedImage
#14 Posted : 07 March 2024 15:59:07(UTC)
Head South Records

After a pleasant stroll through the streets of Brighton and near the pier, the trio hopped on a bus, arriving at Oona's apartment around 5 pm.

t

The place seemed ordinary, the dwelling of a woman in her twenties, but a quick glance revealed the significance of music in Oona's life. Two bass guitars stood proudly next to a comfortable sofa, a small desk housed a computer and an 8-track recorder, while an acoustic guitar and a sleek black telecaster adorned the space.

Oona welcomed everyone in.

"Drinks, anyone?" she offered, heading towards the kitchen. As everyone settled, Oona continued, "Take a seat. Make yourselves comfortable."

The cozy living room quickly transformed into a makeshift jam space. Oona, already grabbing her bass, asked Cameron and Lucy, "So, what's the mood? Want to play something specific?"

Lucy, nodding in agreement, added, "Yeah, Oona, surprise us!"

Oona, fingers dancing over the bass strings, considered their options. "How about we start with something easy?

With a nod of agreement from her impromptu bandmates, they began to weave the chords and lyrics of the classic tune 'Sitting on the Dock of the Bay' into the cozy atmosphere of Oona's apartment.

Lucy asks Cameron if he can play this one.

Oona glanced at her guests, suggesting, "If you prefer, we can dive into something else".

Edited by user 07 March 2024 16:11:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#15 Posted : 08 March 2024 02:46:08(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron was having a great time and when they got back to Oona’s apartment he looked around and was impressed by her collection of instruments. “Man you have some classics up in here”

When Oona begins playing “Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay” Cameron smiles. “Oh man I love this song”, he pulls out his guitar that his been carrying with him all day and joins her in playing.
UserPostedImage
#16 Posted : 13 March 2024 02:52:54(UTC)
Head South Records

With a smooth transition, Cameron and Lucy joined Oona in playing, their voices blending seamlessly as they sang the last lines of the song together.

"Now I'm just gonna sit at the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away, ooh
Sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wasting time."

Oona couldn't believe she was jamming with a huge star like Cameron. She also couldn't help but notice Lucy's impressive guitar skills.

"Hey, nice! You guys are good!" she exclaimed, a mixture of excitement and disbelief in her voice. Lucy was in the same state of mind "I can't believe I was playing with Cameron Jacobson!"

"And Oona Clarke!" Oona chimed in, playing along with the joke.

"Yeah, of course, Mrs. Clarke," Lucy added with a playful wink, earning laughter from the group. "LIVE from....Oona's sofa!".

Oona shared a fascinating tidbit she once heard about Otis Redding, how he died in a plane crash without knowing "Dock of the Bay" would become a massive hit. Lucy, ever the pragmatist, replied, "I wouldn't want to die before releasing a massive hit."

Oona nodded in agreement before turning to Cameron with a playful smirk. "Well, looks like you can die peacefully, Cameron. You're the only one here who's met success, in this room, aren't ya?"

Laughter filled the room, a warm and joyful atmosphere enveloping them.

Then, in a moment of simple clarity, Lucy spoke words that would linger in their minds for years to come.

"We should start a band."
Our Roster :
#17 Posted : 27 March 2024 03:05:39(UTC)
Head South Records

As Lucy's suggestion hung in the air, Oona found herself grappling with a mix of uncertainty and excitement. Lucy's enthusiasm was contagious, and her straightforward nature was a refreshing contrast to Oona's tendency to get lost in her own thoughts and ideas.

"I think... we should think about it," Oona replied with a smile, her gaze shifting to Cameron. "I'm not sure, Lucy... Did you suggest the band idea to Cameron too, or is it just me?"

Lucy let out a laugh, playfully nudging Cameron. "Of course, he's in! Aren't you, Cameron? You can join us anytime. We'll even get you a helmet so you can't be recognized! You'll be our Daft punk band mate"

Oona couldn't help but roll her eyes at Lucy's jokes, but she appreciated her friend's enthusiasm. Clearing her throat, she gently nudged Lucy to rein it in. "Okay, let's ease up on the jokes for a moment."

Turning to Cameron, Oona's expression softened as she asked, "Would you like to play something?" She hoped to shift the focus back to the music, eager to see where their jam session would take them.

t

Edited by user 27 March 2024 03:18:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#18 Posted : 27 March 2024 03:53:57(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron chuckles at their enthusiasm. “You two are just so hilarious…of course I'd be game for jamming out with you guys more often, whether you need a guitarist, singer, or even a drummer I'm your guy”.

Cameron then smiles at them both. “So why aren't you ladies like mega famous or like models or something I could see you both being great models because well eh look at the both of you…wait did I just say that out loud”. Cameron says with a blushed look coming over his face.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Head South Records on 27/03/2024(UTC)
#19 Posted : 27 March 2024 20:07:22(UTC)
Head South Records

Oona and Lucy exchanged amused glances, sharing a knowing smirk. "Well," Lucy replied with a playful twinkle in her eye, "I am so beautiful that I landed a receptionist job at Head South."

"And Oona," she added, joining in on the joke, "true that! When I first stepped into the label, was immediately dazzled by her beauty."

Lucy couldn't contain her laughter as she continued, "They call me 'the hot one' at the office."

Oona chimed in, "And personnaly, I'm so hot that I started my career in a phone center."

With a mischievous glint in her eye, Oona proposed a round of vodka shots to her new friends before disappearing into the kitchen.

Alone for a moment, Lucy leaned in close to Cameron, her voice low and inviting as she whispered, "shall we play something together?" She flashed him a flirtatious smile, leaving Cameron with a hint of intrigue lingering in the air.

j

Edited by user 28 March 2024 00:23:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#20 Posted : 28 March 2024 02:23:51(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron threw Lucy as smirk as the pair where alone for a moment. "Play something huh, just what did you have in mind?" Cameron says with a chuckle. He couldn't lie in the fact he thought that both girls where beautiful but there was something about Lucy that just seemed to peaked his interest.

After a few moments of silence Cameron piped back up. "Honestly you deserve to be more than just a mere receptionist, like you pretty". He says with a flirtatious smirk.
UserPostedImage