logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2014 08:29:44(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Let Go
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:43
Writer(s): Jacob Estrada, Ashley Grimmie
Producer(s): Jacob Estrada, Ashley Grimmie
Released: February 20th 2014

About the song

"Let Go" is a track by Jacob Estrada and Ashley Grimmie the song was written and produced by the pair the song however is not a single for either of the artists they both decided to release it as a free song for their fans this song is another ballad something both Jacob and Ashley seem to be best at the song starts out with only a piano playing at first as the intro however when we hear Jacob start singing we also hear picking of an acoustic guitar Jacob sings the first verse with those smooth vocals that we're use to hearing from him Jacob continues singing the first verse he's obviously singing about cheating on a girlfriend but also seems to feel bad about it not wanting to hurt her but knowing that he can't change he then makes his way into the chorus where the music starts to pick up a bit as he continues singing about this girl that he's cheating on he sings about knowing that he should change but can't and that he should just leave the relationship but again he can't seem to let go of this girl after Jacob finishes the chorus we hear the instrumental play alone for a few seconds before we finally hear Ashley come in this time she's not singing in that light voice we're use to from her but showing a bit of strength and aggravation in her voice sounding mad then in the next few parts of the verse a bit sad in a way as she sings about knowing what he's doing and where he's been and even asking him to leave but then the chorus comes in it picks up again like before but this time Ashley shows more power in her voice as she sings her chorus she changes her attitude in a way singing about how she doesn't want to let him go either and hoping that he could possibly change but knowing that he won't change but still she's unable to let go after her chorus the song goes into the bridge where it get's a bit more intense than the chorus and verses Jacob starts singing with a bit more power in his voice than before as he sings about how it's killing him knowing he's killing her we then hear Ashley come in showing a bit of power in her part but still holding back as she sings she's asking him how he could say he loves her but do what he does we then hear both of them singing together for the first time in harmony as they both show off their vocals even more now singing "I know that I have to but I don't know how to I know/That I have to but I just don't know how to let go of you" as they finish that they hold the last note for a few seconds singing it as high as they can now showing off their vocals even more however Ashley is the clear standout here as she is known to be really good with high notes and we aren't use to hearing them from Jacob we then make our way back into the chorus where Jacob starts off with part of his chorus singing it differently than before he sings with a bit more power than before we then hear Ashley come in singing her whole chorus showing a lot of power in her parts the two then sing the last few parts together in harmony again before the outro begins to play and the song comes to an end

Jacob's comments

"So it's been about a year now right? It's great to release something even if it isn't an official single it's been way too long now well it feels that way to me anyway but don't worry I've been writing a lot lately and there is more to come soon I promise I can't make promises about when I'll release more stuff but yeah so I should probably talk about the song now I want to say first I really really enjoyed working with Ashley I saw her on StarFactory and thought she was amazing then I listened to her EP and thought wow I really need to meet this girl so I got into contact with her through a few friends and we hung out a few times and just thought we should work together someday we recorded quite a few songs together actually but anyway on to the song lol Ash and I wrote this song along with a few others a little while back and decided we should post this for free for all of you guys the song is about a couple who are going through some problems cheating problems to be more specific the guy knows he's hurting the girl and doesn't want to but can't seem to let her go and she also knows what he's doing and is tired of being hurt but again can't let him go it's kinda sad really but yeah I hope you guys enjoy it"

Ashley's comments

"So I'm so happy that I can get another song out to you guys and I'm so lucky to say it's a song with Jacob Estrada on it I remember watching him on YouTube and seeing him become huge like I was there from the beginning and now here I am working with him I really loved working with him too he's such an incredible writer and such a talented singer and guitarist he's also really cool and down to earth and easy to work with so that's awesome anyway this song is about two people who really love each other and don't want to let go of each other but also hurt each other and know that they really should let go of each other I really do like this sog a lot I haven't been in this kind of relationship myself but my friend has before I won't say who she is but I was able to like kinda draw inspiration from her anyway I really really really hope you guys dig this song it's free and I know a lot of people including myself love free things so yeah lol"

Jacob
Ashley
Jacob

I know I can't come up with another excuse
I've used them all up by now and I know you don't
Believe them and every night I come home at
4 in the morning don't know what I could say now
but we both know where I'm going and where I'm coming from
So late you don't want to believe it and I don't want to say it
But I just can't keep going on this way

And I can't call this a mistake this time I guess I haven't
Changed as much as you wish I could and as much as
I know I should I've tried but I just fail every time and I wish
I could quit this but it's too hard to let go go, it's too hard to
Let go go, it's too hard to let go go, oh it's too hard to let go go

Oh I swear I can't take this anymore every time you
Come through that door you smell like her I know you've
Been there but I want to believe you can change I want
To think you're not the same but let's face it we already know
And you've proved me wrong oh so many times fed be so
Many lies but I'm feeling full now and I think you should just turn
Around and walk out out out out

But every time I want to go there's something telling me no saying that
I should stick around give you another chance hope for the best
And just relax oh but I know where this road goes I'm looking at
Heartache and pain why do I keep playing this game I can't take it anymore
It's driving me insane but it's just too hard to let go go, it's too hard to let go go,
It's too hard to let go go, oh it's too hard to let go go

And I can't live with this it's killing me knowing I'm killing you oh
And I just can't stand this how could you tell me you love me and do
What you do oh
I know that I have to but I don't know how to I know
That I have to but I just don't know how to let go of you

And I can't call this a mistake this time I guess I haven't
Changed as much as you wish I could and as much as
I know I should I've tried but I just fail every time

But every time I want to go there's something telling me no saying that
I should stick around give you another chance hope for the best
And just relax oh but I know where this road goes I'm looking at
Heartache and pain why do I keep playing this game I can't take it anymore
It's driving me insane
but it's just too hard to let go go, it's too hard to let go go,
It's too hard to let go go, oh it's too hard to let go go

Edited by user 21 February 2014 08:34:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 21/02/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/02/2014(UTC), erich hess on 21/02/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/02/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2014 08:45:06(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
OOC: really good stuff and great to see Jacob again! My only only only only thing - and I'll probably look like a twat for saying it - punctuation! You haven't used any ahahah :') the content is really good, the descriptions great and the lyrics brilliant, just the punctuation makes it read so much better :)

Sammy: Oh Lordy Lord! What a beautiful song from two of the best singer songwriter style artists from the past few years! Excited to see a new album from Jacob soon please!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 21/02/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 21 February 2014 09:32:19(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
OOC - Oh my I love this like big time :) I am glad to see Jacob coming back

Amy-Jayne: this is a great song guys your voice are like butter together :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 21 February 2014 11:12:52(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: I adore your voices together, a very unique blend! I really like this collaboration and both of you two are promising, young adults who, I believe, had a crap load of talent :) I look forward to hearing more music from the both of you. This is definitely a strong song and I have a special place in my heart for songs like that.

OOC: Nice job on this buddy :D
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.