logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 20 April 2014 09:56:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Artist: Weekend
Title: How It Ends
Genre: Rock Pop
Length: 3:59
Written By: D.Blue, B.Khan, S.Wellington
Produced By: run
Label: Five Pesky Kids
From The Album: TBC

Background
"How It Ends" is a rock/pop ballad performed by Weekend and written by members; Dustyn Blue, Billy Khan and Scott Wellington. The ballad is the lead single from Weekend's upcoming sophomore album. It is rumoured that the original title of the album, 'Wild Young Free' will undergo a change. Weekend postponed the release of their second studio album as they decided to take some time out to focus on their family lives. During their time away from the forefront, a promotional single titled Out Of My Mind was released in summer 2013. Since How It Ends serves as the lead single, the promotional track Out Of My Mind will not appear on the album. How It Ends was written in late 2013 and was produced by English trio, run."

The song is about having a great relationship with a female friend but after years of being close, you find yourself wanting more. The female in the song is already involved with another guy but it's made clear that things are rocky between them as she constantly turns to her male friend for comfort. The boys take on the role as this friend. Seeing how unhappy she is at times, having strong feelings for her and already having a strong bond, they decided to tell the truth and confess their feelings. While the girl rejects the offer, she states that they can still remain good friends but the boys have their doubts. Confessing something on this scale is bound to change things and while they can both go on pretending that nothing happened, at the end of the day they both know that they see one another differently. People have branded the song as "the friend zone anthem" and it has also been praised for being the most "mature" sounding song to be released by the group.

Vocals
Oscar - Oscar is featured prominently throughout the track just like the majority of Weekend's songs. He opens up the track, singing the first verse in his deep, husky vocals. While Oscar's voice is known for being very strong and powerful, in the first verse he sounds rather fragile and hurt. His tender voice has a slight edge to it due to his throaty vocals. While all of the boys sing in the chorus, Oscar's (alongside Riley's) vocals are easier to pinpoint. In the chorus, we can hear the real power in his vocals and it contrasts greatly with the softness in his first verse.

Dustyn - Dustyn follows on from Oscar, taking on the second verse. His voice is similar to Oscar's as they are both deep and throaty however, Blue's vocals are richer and his Irish twang can be heard throughout. Despite having similar tones with Oscar, nobody can mistake the unique vocals of Dustyn Blue. Many people have stated that his voice has matured greatly since the first record and while some adore his bluesy, husky voice, a lot of people find that it grates on the ears. However, he tones it down on this track and keeps the vocal acrobatics to a minimum.

Billy - Billy is also prominent on the new single. His silky voice may not be as strong as that of Ward and Blue but many have dubbed him as Weekend's secret weapon and that he "sprinkles sugar over the songs". The song starts off with two very deep, gruff vocals but as it approaches the pre-chorus, Billy comes along with his smooth, dreamy voice and caresses the listener's ears. He also takes on the bridge in the song which, apart from the chorus, is the most vocally challenging part of the song, involving a lot of belting. Billy's voice has really grown from the first album as he can now take on a lot more challenging notes and features in songs a lot more than he used to.

Riley - Riley takes the third verse of the song and like the first two, he sings as though he is in a very fragile state of mind and is close to tears. His voice is naturally higher than the others so when his verse comes around, it is an octave above the previous two. Many have said his voice rather nasally and too high pitched but here, although still higher than the other boys, he still manages to tone it down and sound hurt while delivering his lines. Also, in the chorus, his vocals can be easy to pinpoint as he does the high harmony throughout.

Scott - Scott has always been dubbed as the least vocally talented and while his voice may be thin, Scott has a lovely tone and knows his limits vocally. His voice is naturally soft sounding and he sings in a higher register like Riley although having a smaller range. On the first record, Scott received the least solos which was possibly due to his voice not being as strong as the others. Despite his vocals becoming slightly stronger, he still sings less than the others on "How It Ends", having only two lines.

How It Ends

ALL
BILLY
DUSTYN
OSCAR
RILEY
SCOTT

I'm over here. I'm over here, why can't you see me?
I'm calling out. I'm calling out, why can't you hear me?
I've watched him break your heart
I've picked up the pieces each and every time
How could you say he loves you better than I can?

Do you know how I feel? How I feel when you turn away
Let it all out. When you let it all go, I'm your shoulder to cry on
You say you want someone just like me
Someone you can turn to no matter where or when
I'm standing right here yet you look right through me

He can never love you like I do, hold you like I do
When all goes wrong who is the one you run to?

You say that we should just stay friends
But we both know how that story ends
We could try to carry on and play pretend
But things will never be the same again
I poured my heart out now I don't know what to do
The silence is deafening, guess it was the wrong move
I could lie, smile and say I'm happy just being your friend
But as time goes on, we both know how it ends

I see you with him. I see you slow dancing under moonlight.
I'm in the corner. Back against the wall, still I'm glad to see you smile.
While he gets to be the one who takes you home
I'll be the one who is still dancing all alone
Do you know the way it feels when I see you leave in his arms?

He will never understand like me, bet he can't even kiss like me
I'm so wrapped up, I've fallen in too deep

Many times before I couldn't find the words to say
But now here I am, I want you to stay
Stay the night inside my arms
You say that a real man is hard to find
But I think I've proved myself over all this time
One chance, we can change how the story goes

Can Be Compared To;

Edited by user 20 April 2014 10:22:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/04/2014(UTC), kandii on 20/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/04/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 20/04/2014(UTC), Walton on 20/04/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 21/04/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 21/04/2014(UTC), erich hess on 21/04/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/04/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#2 Posted : 20 April 2014 10:59:23(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Evangeline: I know everybody always says that Scott is the least talented and all that, but I actually like the sound of his voice a lot. Especially in this song, I think it's my favorite part, really.

OOC: Greatttttttt job. Your lyrics are some of my absolute favorites.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 20/04/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 20 April 2014 13:22:44(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Chris: I didn't want to like this song. It had all the makings of a tween love song. The fact that you guys sung so well made me enjoy it though. Damn you weekend it was everything to hate on and I liked it anyway

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 20/04/2014(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2014 20:21:19(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: I didn't want to like this song. It had all the makings of a tween love song. The fact that you guys sung so well made me enjoy it though. Damn you weekend it was everything to hate on and I liked it anyway

Billy: Well what can I say? Weekend are amazing. Simple as that ;) Haha, thank you for checking the song out :))

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Evangeline: I know everybody always says that Scott is the least talented and all that, but I actually like the sound of his voice a lot. Especially in this song, I think it's my favorite part, really.

OOC: Greatttttttt job. Your lyrics are some of my absolute favorites.

Scott: Wow, thank you Evangeline. It's nice to see all the support and not be bashed for once :P Thank you for checking out the track!

OOC: Aw, thank you so much :)
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 21 April 2014 06:24:08(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Elyar: yes I love this big time, im nit just saying that because you guys are my bosses I genuinely love this song :D

OOC - wounderful job on this your lyrics never fail to be great
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 21/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#6 Posted : 21 April 2014 06:26:38(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: I'm a sucker for boy bands so you guys are among my favorites. I actually had a dream that I was related to you all. I was your little sister. That was a great dream so it sucks that it's not true. Of course you could always adopt me lol. Anyway I'm glad for the new music cause I've missed you all greatly. Hopefully you are back to dominate again. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 21/04/2014(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 21 April 2014 21:22:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Elyar: yes I love this big time, im nit just saying that because you guys are my bosses I genuinely love this song :D

OOC - wounderful job on this your lyrics never fail to be great

Riley: Thanks Elyar! Really appreciate it, buddy :)

OOC: Thank you so much :)

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: I'm a sucker for boy bands so you guys are among my favorites. I actually had a dream that I was related to you all. I was your little sister. That was a great dream so it sucks that it's not true. Of course you could always adopt me lol. Anyway I'm glad for the new music cause I've missed you all greatly. Hopefully you are back to dominate again. :)

Scott: Thanks for the support and for checking out the new single. I must warn you though, if we adopt you you might not be able to handle it. I mean, we are a handful and we like to tease a lot. If you think you can handle it then yes, we will adopt you :P Oh and thanks again, it's glad to be back :)
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 21 April 2014 22:27:32(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Erich: look at my boy go.I tell you,I'm so proud of my dustyn.

Erica: i think this is too mature for me to squeal about. So I will give a golf clap and a" cheerio ".

Nina: it looks disturbing,love.don't do that again. You look like a fucking James bond villian.

Erica: i don't expect you to talk,Nina. I expect you to die.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/04/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#9 Posted : 22 April 2014 00:59:06(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sophia: AHHHHH!! My fave fave FAVE boy band are back with their bestest song yet! I could cry babes! I really could! Hehe! Billy's voice has always been my fave and he sounds soooo good on this! Yay! Love you Billy! But all of you as well of course! I don't have a favourite! Shhh... it's really you Billy, but don't tell the others! Lol!

OOC: Your lyrics are always so consistent in quality and the description is great too, gives a great idea of how all their voices work together on the song. Good job. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 22 April 2014 03:44:32(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Dylan: I'm fangirling so hard right now, you just can't see it. I've been a fan of yours since day one and you've progressed through this industry so well. I think you are a perfect match despite what anyone says. You've got the writers, the singers, the geniuses, you just have everything it takes to be a solid group. I'm definitely going to be singing this at my shows!!! :) I'm not going to say who my favorite voices are (Billy & Riley) but just know I love you all equally :P
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#11 Posted : 22 April 2014 19:32:32(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott: If I could have a version of this track with just Riley, Dustyn and Oscar's part, that would be ace, cheers. Sounds epic, lads. Great work as always, by three of you anyway ;)

Katie: Love it. Totally the kings of pop, ain't ya? Amazing work!

OOC: Great work on this. You really do seem to get into a quality groove with Weekend.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline BrownSugar  
#12 Posted : 22 April 2014 21:08:57(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: look at my boy go.I tell you,I'm so proud of my dustyn.

Erica: i think this is too mature for me to squeal about. So I will give a golf clap and a" cheerio ".

Nina: it looks disturbing,love.don't do that again. You look like a fucking James bond villian.

Erica: i don't expect you to talk,Nina. I expect you to die.

Dustyn: Aw thanks you Erich! I is so glad that you is proud of me :)

Billy: A golf clap? A "cheerio"? You're nearly as posh as Oscar!

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Sophia: AHHHHH!! My fave fave FAVE boy band are back with their bestest song yet! I could cry babes! I really could! Hehe! Billy's voice has always been my fave and he sounds soooo good on this! Yay! Love you Billy! But all of you as well of course! I don't have a favourite! Shhh... it's really you Billy, but don't tell the others! Lol!

OOC: Your lyrics are always so consistent in quality and the description is great too, gives a great idea of how all their voices work together on the song. Good job. :)

Billy: You obviously have amazing taste, Sophia ;) Thanks for checking it out. I'm glad you think it's out "bestest song ever" as I have a writing credit on it so it helps feed my ego :P Oh and don't worry, I won't tell the boys a thing!

OOC: Coming from you, that is such a huge compliment. Thank you! I might just describe their voices for all of the songs rather than describe the whole track itself as I suck at that. This was an alternative :P

Edited by user 22 April 2014 21:10:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#13 Posted : 22 April 2014 21:20:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Dylan: I'm fangirling so hard right now, you just can't see it. I've been a fan of yours since day one and you've progressed through this industry so well. I think you are a perfect match despite what anyone says. You've got the writers, the singers, the geniuses, you just have everything it takes to be a solid group. I'm definitely going to be singing this at my shows!!! :) I'm not going to say who my favorite voices are (Billy & Riley) but just know I love you all equally :P

Riley: Hey Dylan! Just reading all of the responses to the song and I must say, yours has flattered me most :P I'm glad that people like yourself realise just how much work we put into our music and that it's something we all really care about. I know stories in the media tend to overshadow our actual music career but hopefully with this album era, we'll just let the music doing the talking haha! Thanks for streaming the song :)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Scott: If I could have a version of this track with just Riley, Dustyn and Oscar's part, that would be ace, cheers. Sounds epic, lads. Great work as always, by three of you anyway ;)

Katie: Love it. Totally the kings of pop, ain't ya? Amazing work!

OOC: Great work on this. You really do seem to get into a quality groove with Weekend.

Oscar: Hey, Scott! Thanks for the love :P The radio edit actually cuts out a lot of those parts but I'm sure you'd much rather pay for the original version and support us? ;P

Billy: Thank you Katie but I wouldn't call us kings of pop (well, I know we are) but just think about how many MJ fans will be pissed off now! :O

OOC: Haha, thank you. I think that everyone has that one act that they love and could never part with and Weekend are mine so I try my best when writing for them :P

UserPostedImage