logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jazzberry  
#1 Posted : 26 May 2011 10:31:16(UTC)
jazzberry

Groups: Registered

1080 Pulse

James ConnorsBrian Moseley

Rob Schneider]Justin Clymer

Genre: Indie rock, alternative rock
Years Active: 2010 - Present

Members:
James Connors- Vocals, keys, synth
Brian Moseley- Guitars
Rob Schneider- Bass
Justin Clymer- Drums

Formation- 2010 - 2011
James Connors had been playing at local clubs and hangouts, trying to find someone to start a band with him. This proved fruitless- no one wanted to go along with his unique singing style. Eventually, Connors gave up his search for a band and settled down, get a steady job as a piano instructor. It was during one session that he received a call on his cell phone.

The caller was Brian Moseley, a guitarist who had seen Connors’ last public performance and had been looking for him ever since. Moseley wanted to meet right away, so Connors cancelled his lesson and headed out to see him. Right after their first meeting, the two had decided that they would form a band.

“We had the same kind of ideas,” Connors later said. “Synth, but not pop. Guitar riffs, but not hard rock.”

The two traded ideas for music back and forth for a time. Eventually, they decided that they needed more members to get anywhere.

“Drum loops will only get you so far,” Moseley had said with a laugh. “We needed more.”

Connors called up an old friend, Rob Schneider, who played bass. Schneider was skeptical at first, not believing that they would be able to go anywhere. But he agreed to come and at least see Connors and Moseley before making a final decision.

The search for a drummer wasn’t very hard. The trio visited a local music festival, saw the 17 year old Justin Clymer, and offered him a spot in their group. He accepted immediately, thrilled at being spotted at such a young age.

The group, which at that time had no name, began playing covers at various local spots, trying to gain attention. It was after they received a good deal of positive feedback that they began to take themselves more seriously. Shortly afterwards, they began their hunt for a name.

“It was kinda funny,” Clymer recalled. “”We could play music, but couldn’t come up with a name. I think that might have actually been the hardest part.”

The name 1080 Pulse came about entirely by accident. The four were sitting around backstage, shouting possible names at each other. “And someone shouted ‘1080 Pulse!’” Schneider laughed. “I don’t even remember who said it.” From that night forward, the group became know as 1080 Pulse.

Present- 2011 -
Currently, the group is working on its first original material. They have plans to play at several competitions in hope of attracting a label to suit their unique style. Connors was very clear on this. “We don’t really want to ‘sell out.’ And our style probably wouldn’t sell very much anyway, its not very mainstream. But then again, in the future, who knows? Maybe one day we will be in front of sell out crowds. Only time will tell.”

Edited by user 28 May 2011 05:52:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1080 Pulse

James Connors- Vocals/Keys/Synth
Brian Moseley- Guitars
Rob Schneider- Bass
Justin Clymer- Drums
Offline jazzberry  
#2 Posted : 26 May 2011 10:32:09(UTC)
jazzberry

Members

James Connors

James Connors

Born: July 7, 1991
Place of Birth: Carson City, Nevada, USA
Current Residence: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Instruments: Vocals, Keyboard, Synthesizer
Labels: Independent (2011- )

James Connors was born in Carson City, Nevada in 1981. From a very early age he loved music, learning piano at the age of 7. He didn’t show much of a professional interest in it, however, focusing more on his grades. “I was determined to graduate top 10%,” he laughed. “It didn’t happen.” Throughout high school he usually stayed away from the “popular crowd.” “That wasn’t me. Me and Rob [Schneider], we were two weirdos.”

Upon graduation, he began utilizing his newfound singing talent to make some money while he looked for a steady job. “College was never really an option… I wasn’t too smart and I didn’t have that kind of money.”

Eventually, he met Brian Moseley, reconnected with Rob Schneider, and after they found Justin Clymer, 1080 Pulse was born.

Brian Moseley

Brian Moseley

Born: April 3, 1990
Place of Birth: San Diego, California, USA
Instruments: Guitars

Brian was the kid in school that everyone wanted to be friends with- funny, talented, smart, and loyal. Sure, he spent too much time playing all kinds of weird songs on his guitar, but he was still “that kid.”

In his earlier years, he played guitar profusely, with anyone, for anything. He loved it, although he never though that he would one day find himself in a band. So when he saw James Connors perform live one night, he was stunned- here was someone with the perfect style and the same passion for music. Brian spent the next few months tracking Connors down. When he finally got a contact number, the two met and became great friends right away.

Brian is the one who has expressed the most interest in releasing full length, original albums.

Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider

Born: June 18, 2011
Place of Birth: Carson City, Nevada, USA
Instruments: Bass

Rob was a lot like James in high school. In fact, the two were good friends. They were both always considered a little strange by their classmates. However, Rob was quieter than James, especially around other people.

Rob has learned how to play bass at a young age and became fairly proficient at it, but he wasn’t ever very serious about music. So when he graduated from high school, he never gave being in a band a second thought.

Because of this, he was extremely surprised to get a call from James asking if he wanted to join a band. Rob was skeptical; he didn’t expect it to get far. But at James’ urging, he came down to check out what was happening. He was pleased with what he saw. Rob agreed to stick around as their bassist and see how things turned out.

Justin Clymer

Justin Clymer

Born: January 20, 1993
Place of Birth: Helena, Montana, USA
Instruments: Drums, Percussion

Justin had moved to Las Vegas with his family when he was 16. When he got there, he found himself drowning in a sea of people he didn’t know or understand. So he turned to the one thing he knew best- his drums. Eventually, he became known as something of a prodigy for his energetic, lively style of performance. He traveled the state, playing in shows and competitions, all the while making a name for himself.

His first big chance came along when he was approached by Connors, Schneider, and Moseley. Justin jumped at the chance to work with the slightly older and more experienced musicians, hoping to learn some things from them.

Justin remains the most optimistic and enthusiastic of the group. He cannot wait to play original music for crowds. He is also viewed as the “little brother” of the group.

1080 Pulse

Brian Moseley- Guitars
Rob Schneider- Bass
Justin Clymer- Drums
Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 26 May 2011 10:33:50(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: good intro. Nice and in depth, well done, and welcome to the RP section
UserPostedImage
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 26 May 2011 10:36:00(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Ashley: cant wait to hear from you guys

OOC: like hes said great intro alot better then mine lol
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 26 May 2011 10:38:18(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Hello, welcome to the crazy world of commercial music, I hope you enjoy it! (:
-Katie Kairiri [deputy // Dark Blue Music]

OOC : Great start! Really well-written! :D
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline jazzberry  
#6 Posted : 26 May 2011 10:39:12(UTC)
jazzberry

James: Thanks, we are already working on some stuff!

(OOC: thanks! Im relieved to hear all that hard work was worth it!)
1080 Pulse

Brian Moseley- Guitars
Rob Schneider- Bass
Justin Clymer- Drums
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 26 May 2011 11:05:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Lily: Can't wait to hear what you guys come up with, you look really interesting :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#8 Posted : 26 May 2011 11:06:24(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Cassie: Nice to meet you guys. Can't wait to hear what you guys are about.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline infinite135  
#9 Posted : 26 May 2011 11:07:15(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Hey, guys! Just wanted to say; it's really nice to see a new band with such potential. Really looking forward to hearing what music you'll be releasing.

-Eric Quillington

OOC: You seem like a really promising new member! Welcome to the forums, man!
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline jazzberry  
#10 Posted : 26 May 2011 20:04:24(UTC)
jazzberry

Justin: I know we can live up to the expectations!
James: If our egos don't overwhelm us first...

(OOC: Thanks for all the support! Im writing lyrics now and its coming along quite nicely IMO)
1080 Pulse

Brian Moseley- Guitars
Rob Schneider- Bass
Justin Clymer- Drums
Offline jazzberry  
#11 Posted : 27 May 2011 07:13:27(UTC)
jazzberry

RADIO INTERVIEW 97.5 THE JET

Dave Welsh in the Radio Studio

Hoffa: This is Mike Hoffa in 97.5 The JET’s studio, live on air with two members of the new band 1080 Pulse! We’ve got James Connors, the front man, and Brian Moseley, the guitarist, in for their first real interview as a band! Tell me, guys, how does it feel?

James: It feels great, Mike! A little surreal, actually… we’re already getting positive feedback and we haven’t even released a song yet.

Brian: Bit nerve wracking… I can’t screw up on live radio, can I?

Hoffa: I’m sure you guys will do fine. Now, speaking of releasing a song, word is 1080 Pulse is working on a full length album? Any truth to that?

Brian: Uh… sort of?

James: What Brian means is that its not an LP, its an EP. Mostly cuz we don’t have the means to distribute an LP at this time. But we will be releasing at least one single off of it.

Hoffa: Can you give us any details on the EP?

James: You take it, Brian.

Brian: I can confirm pretty much only one thing about it right now and that is that the opening track will be a cover of the classic song “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).”

James: I used to think “Sweet Dreams” was kind of cheesy… and maybe it is. But then one day I was sitting with my keyboard and a radio, and it came on. And I got thinking- what if we replaced this here, and this here, and this here? And then I asked Brian about it-

Brian: I thought he was insane.

James: But I persuaded him to try it-

Brian: He threatened me with violence.

James: That actually sounds about how most of our songs are coming together right now.

Hoffa: (laughs) Can you give your fans a time frame for release?

Brian: We have fans?

James: We will be making a big announcement about it on our website in a couple of days. The announcement will probably involve a single for radio play…

Hoffa: Are there any plans for a 1080 Pulse album?

Brian: Well, there are two answers to that. If you mean, do we want to release an album? Then, yeah. We do. But if you actually mean, do we currently plan to? Well, then no. We don’t have an album scheduled. But the responses we get from the EP and the single will most likely dictate our future plans.

Hoffa: What about a tour?

James: That’s something we’ve been throwing around. And it will certainly be a possibility after the EP. But honestly, I’m not sure we will have the fan base or material to support a full tour. The most likely option will be for us to support a more popular band… but that’s getting ahead of ourselves. For all we know, we will suck, no one will like it, and we will disappear.

Brian: That’ll happen when hell freezes over, my friend.

Hoffa: (Laughs) I don’t think that will happen. I’ve seen some of your live performances and was impressed. I can’t wait to see what your original material sounds like! Now, one more question before we sign off- what are you most looking forward to as a band?

Brian: I gotta say working with and meeting other musicians. We can only learn from them, and that would just floor me.

James: Agreed. It sort of feels sometimes like the band is a separate entity and I’m just along for the ride. So I might as well get the most good out of the ride that I can, right?

Hoffa: That’s all we have time for today, but thank you to James and Brian from 1080 Pulse. Good luck in the future, guys, and I hope to be playing that single of yours on the radio soon!

James: Thanks, Mike! We’ll be sure to check in with you some other time!
1080 Pulse

Brian Moseley- Guitars
Rob Schneider- Bass
Justin Clymer- Drums
Offline jazzberry  
#12 Posted : 28 May 2011 05:51:50(UTC)
jazzberry

PULSE BLOG #1

Hey everyone! As you can see, we recently were on air giving an interview revealing some more details about ourselves and our plans. Well, now we are about to reveal one more thing- the name of our EP!
As of now, it does not have a release date. But we can confirm its name:

SWEET DREAMS IN A WASTELAND (2011)- 1080 Pulse

Details on the first single will be released in the upcoming days.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to contribute album artwork, just give us a shout. We'd be ecstatic to receive any feedback, good or bad.

Until then!
- James

1080 Pulse

Brian Moseley- Guitars
Rob Schneider- Bass
Justin Clymer- Drums
Offline FiveT  
#13 Posted : 28 May 2011 07:48:39(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Jessica (Hard Sugar): Oh, I love when new rock bands release their albums or EPs! I'm definately going to keep an eye on ya! ;)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline jazzberry  
#14 Posted : 28 May 2011 07:51:10(UTC)
jazzberry

James: Well, I'll just have to make it even better then!
1080 Pulse

Brian Moseley- Guitars
Rob Schneider- Bass
Justin Clymer- Drums
Offline FiveT  
#15 Posted : 28 May 2011 07:53:14(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jazzberry Go to Quoted Post
James: Well, I'll just have to make it even better then!

Jessica: You look very promising. I'm sure you will!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ