logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 14 April 2013 08:21:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Isabel
Hide And Seek
Dancing In The Dark
Dave Scruple
Studio60 Records

Artist's Comments
We shot the video a while back which is why my hair is shorter than it really is. It tells a story about myself. There's a lot going on but you have to just take it all in and then think. You know, the song is about leaving and transitioning from one period to another because you're uncertain what to do next so essentially you just want to start brand new. It's the last song for my album and it's a whole new era for me now. I don't want to bring any of my old feelings into my new material so I'm sort of struggling with myself in order to come out a brand new person. In the end, the whole walking away into the sunset' theme is basically what I'm doing. I am walking into the sunset with a new beginning. It's got great direction, David is amazing. He really captured everything I wanted to portray in the film. This is probably my longest and most thought out video. It's definitely a short film and I treasure it because it's literally my life and career you're watching on the screen. We shot the video in 3 weeks because I was still on tour and we had to schedule some weird times in order to film at this motel. I'm satisfied with the end product, it's just amazing that I'm here and saying goodbye to another album already.

UserPostedImage

Isabel is standing in front of an old, run down motel, in the parking lot. She's moving in slow motion as the rest of the environment does the same. Izzy has on a long faded, denim top that is sleeveless and underneath you can see tiny bits and pieces of her bra, meaning she on no under shirt. She also had on a long, golden skirt, an odd combination of wear from the singer. She looks completely bothered, her hair cut short and black and she looks as if she had just resurfaced from somewhere wet or she had been sweating. She is isolated, completely alone but she turns her head to her left as if someone was there but no one was. She continues to look, holding up her long skirt as the background starts to dissolve, an effect that makes the background behind her appear completely white as if she were standing in front of nothing. You can hear a saxophone in the background as she looks ahead, the screen quickly showing a different scene of Izzy, this time she was wearing a black, see through shirt that covered a denim shirt with a collar. She stilled looked disheveled but flawless. She ran her hand through her hair, lifting her chin up and then she starts speaking, "A girl transitions into a woman when she becomes one with herself and knows what it takes to make her happy....A woman leaves behind girlish thoughts and acts like a lady.....this is my passage into womanhood.....this is my turning point..." She stares at the camera for a few more seconds before closing her eyes and the saxophone is heard more clearer. It then transitions into the beginning instrumental for Hide And Seek.

"Stranded in the water
Waiting to go ho-o-ome
The time goes by
I'm feeling all alone, Oh no-o-o

Stranded in the water
Waiting to go ho-o-ome
Not knowing when I'll go-o-o
Hide and Seek in the dark

UserPostedImage

The next scene involves Izzy falling into a pool of water. She sinks to the bottom, floating just above the bottom and she stares at the surface of the water. She doesn't move for a few minutes and then she opens her mouth when a bunch of bubbles start forming around her. She then swims towards the top but she's trapped and can't break through. She gives up after a while and just hangs her head. Switching scenes, she's now wearing a white dress, her black hair is wild and dry as she's smirking at the camera. She continues to sing as she prances around the room. When she finishes and it goes into the next instrumental, she then leans down to a doll she has, looking significantly like Izzy, and throws it into a fire that's sitting in her fireplace. The scene then jumps back to Izzy in the water and almost instantly she wakes up from underneath the water. Her eyes go wide and she swims above the water, gasping for air and looking around her. She then touches her face, as if she felt something touch her while she was below. A bright light then starts to illuminate the entire scene as it changes. She's walking down some stairs, wearing the same outfit but dry. She looks happy and bright. Once she walks pass the mirror, she stares at her reflection, touching her skin. She continues to look on as if she's not satisfied with what she sees and then takes the mirror, dropping it from the banister all the way to the ground and it shatters.

Playing with my life (Li-i-ife)
Hoping that you'll still find the time
Laying in the blind
It still probably haunts your mind (Mi-i-i-ind!)

UserPostedImage

"I don't want to do this anymore....I just want to leave and forget everything, wipe the slate clean......why can't I?" She's now laying down, it's night time, and the neon sign is lighting up her face. She looks up at the sky, a tear streams down her eyes and she looks on still unsatisfied and upset. Once it gets towards the ending of the song, Izzy is now back in the black see through shirt and she's singing to the camera. As she reaches the climax of the song, the high note, the scene starts to flicker in between her there and before when she was wet and looking worried. During this time, Izzy is singing the last part of the song, with the vocalizations and eery echoes in the background. The other Izzy smiles as she she prances around the room again. She starts to spin in a circle, still in slow motion, as the saxophone solo kicks in and the wet Izzy is back in front of the old, run down motel. She looks to the side of her again and then to the front. She sees a man and walks over to him, taking his hand. They kiss and embrace each other before he picks her up and they walk off together in the sunset while the saxophone solo continues to play. The last scene goes to Izzy standing and staring at the camera as if she is dazed and confused. She then gives a little smile as the video fades to black.

Stranded in the water
Waiting to go ho-o-ome
Stranded in the water
Waiting to go ho-o-ome
Stranded in the water
Waiting to go ho-o-ome
Stranded in the water (Stranded in the wa-a-a-ater)
Waiting to go ho-o-ome
Stranded in the water
Hide and Seek in the dark"

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 15 April 2013 22:11:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 8 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 14/04/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 14/04/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 14/04/2013(UTC), Walton on 14/04/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 14/04/2013(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 14/04/2013(UTC), erich hess on 15/04/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 19/04/2013(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 14 April 2013 08:46:44(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Loved this video so much and the song is so rad love you Chica! :)

ooc: Really great job on all of this as always lol I really enjoyed reading this a lot :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 14 April 2013 08:48:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: Thank you :)

Isabel: Thanks so much Layla ;) I'm glad you enjoyed it, love you too!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline snap_itshannah  
#4 Posted : 14 April 2013 09:31:43(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Vara: Damn, Izzy looks sexy in this video... Wait. How old are you? Can I say that without being a pedophile?

OOC: Great job. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 14 April 2013 09:38:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Haha, thanks! I'm 20 lol so I'm legal now everyone :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#6 Posted : 14 April 2013 14:20:33(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: You gave me so much face on this video it was scary! Am so proud of you on your grown woman flow! Loving the new visual.

OOC: Very good job on this!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/04/2013(UTC)
Offline theonlysorrow  
#7 Posted : 15 April 2013 18:23:45(UTC)
theonlysorrow

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 86 post(s)
OOC - Her face looks strange on this a little lol, great video though :)

Stacey - Loved.It! Love everything you do always. This was beautiful and amazing.
Envy /\/\/\ Stacey Pilgrim

thanks 1 user thanked theonlysorrow for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/04/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 15 April 2013 23:36:41(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Erich:I loved it. It was so arty it was like being sodomized with an easel wielding mime

Karoliena: whew. Been there.

Erich: *blank look*

Karoliena: it was before we knew each other. Nude art posing went a wee bit wrong.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 16 April 2013 06:25:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: You gave me so much face on this video it was scary! Am so proud of you on your grown woman flow! Loving the new visual.

OOC: Very good job on this!

Isabel: Thank you very much! :)

OOC: Thank you :]

Originally Posted by: theonlysorrow Go to Quoted Post
OOC - Her face looks strange on this a little lol, great video though :)

Stacey - Loved.It! Love everything you do always. This was beautiful and amazing.

OOC: Lol, yay, it's supposed to be strange :P

Isabel: Aww thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich:I loved it. It was so arty it was like being sodomized with an easel wielding mime

Karoliena: whew. Been there.

Erich: *blank look*

Karoliena: it was before we knew each other. Nude art posing went a wee bit wrong.

Isabel: LOL, not sure how to take that...statement but thank you nonetheless.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 16/04/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#10 Posted : 16 April 2013 09:06:36(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: I think the meaning behind these video is something powerful and something many women should pay close attention! Loved it and I honestly my favorite!

OOC: Very well written tbh :) Loved it!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 17 April 2013 03:32:26(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: I think the meaning behind these video is something powerful and something many women should pay close attention! Loved it and I honestly my favorite!

OOC: Very well written tbh :) Loved it!

Isabel: Thank you so much Stephanie :)

OOC: Thank you very much! :] I struggled :O Lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 17/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 17 April 2013 03:39:39(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: I wasn't really expecting a video like this for this song. I commented a while back that I was wondering if you would ever shoot a video but you did more than that, it looks like a turning point for you, you're so brave to do that. I congratulate you for all the elements you represent in this video and now I get ready to see you grow not as a teenager anymore, but as brave young woman.

OOC: Amazing Job.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#13 Posted : 18 April 2013 23:05:01(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Aubrei: I just died.

Danielle: YASSSSSSSSSS baby. You killed that shit.

Bianca: *shrugs*

Danielle: get cha life Bianca. That video is ill.

Laci: One word talent. This is what I love about you. Your artisty is strong and brave. Its one of a kind and you deserve all the success.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/04/2013(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#14 Posted : 19 April 2013 01:35:17(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Scott: Probably one of the most creative videos in a long time! Great job, Izzy.

Dustyn: Izzy, you look so pretty in this video. I isn't straight though so don'ts be getting any ideas! :P

ooc: Great work as always, really enjoyed reading this :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 19 April 2013 06:03:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: I wasn't really expecting a video like this for this song. I commented a while back that I was wondering if you would ever shoot a video but you did more than that, it looks like a turning point for you, you're so brave to do that. I congratulate you for all the elements you represent in this video and now I get ready to see you grow not as a teenager anymore, but as brave young woman.

OOC: Amazing Job.

Isabel: Thank you Magie, I thought it was something unexpected but I loved that about the video. The track was unexpected, the video, the lyrics, it was just a major turn for me that I think most artists have to put themselves through in order to move on and forward but thank you very much :)

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post
Aubrei: I just died.

Danielle: YASSSSSSSSSS baby. You killed that shit.

Bianca: *shrugs*

Danielle: get cha life Bianca. That video is ill.

Laci: One word talent. This is what I love about you. Your artisty is strong and brave. Its one of a kind and you deserve all the success.

Isabel: Thank you very much, I absolutely adore you girls and wish you luck with your music and everything :)

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Scott: Probably one of the most creative videos in a long time! Great job, Izzy.

Dustyn: Izzy, you look so pretty in this video. I isn't straight though so don'ts be getting any ideas! :P

ooc: Great work as always, really enjoyed reading this :)

Isabel: Thank you Scott :) And aww Thanks Dusty, but I know :P I don't mind having you as just a buddy ;)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage