logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 29 May 2011 07:04:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Dear Fans,

"You've been patiently waiting for me to update you on this new album. I premiered a new single "Dying int he Airwaves" about a month a go and various indications about the album have been floating around. But nothing official has been released from me. But it's nearly here and I'm more than excited to finally announce it. If I could really describe this album in one word...... I would say it’s "psychological".

The approach to this album was quite different from anything I've done before really. And that’s kind of crazy to say, how could that possibly be at this point, right? And it was only different because I didn't want it to be different.

In the whole creation process, I feel like a blind protagonist, who sort of develops a new sense, while strengthening the other ones as well. This is in no shape or form a pop album. This album is not something you can really get into, but more like really get out of. I say that with confidence. It’s not for the fact that I’m becoming anti-pop or that that I’m now trying to not have a commercial album. It’s simply just not a pop album. The idea at first was to create a dance album, but I scrapped it, simply because I changed my mind. I felt that this album is much more than some dance album. It goes way beyond that. I'm not indicating that it's still a dance album. You can dance to a beat, but you cannot dance to this. You have to sit down and think it through.

I didn't go collaborate with big name producers, in fact, I didn't collaborate with anyone. This album is all me. Simply put.

There are sections where you can hear random harp, music boxes and it’s really warp-inspired pieces. I was very heavy on the harp and clavichord. I once had to throw the thing on the floor and break it, if not this whole album was going to be some harp/clavichord session, haha ;)

I used an array of sounds and that I collected with my tape recorder for the production of the album. I've always wanted to create some ambient atmosphere for one of my albums. If I could describe it I could say this.....There are moments where you’re going to feel like everything around you is going in reverse. But that’s when you’re going to fall back into place, because everything is normally going against you and in reverse you’re going to realize that it isn’t. In some moments you’re going to feel like you’re in a garden somewhere feeling the breeze as you're picking up strawberries at night, while some bird comes out of nowhere and sings to you. As cheesy as that sounds, its very serious. In some moments you’re going to feel like you’re skydiving from 12,000 feet in the air into an endless loophole.

The biggest challenge in this album was going inside my head, and portraying exactly what I was thinking. I think that’s the challenge that everyone experiences, period. But this piece of art is complex, because it’s not delusional and you quickly become disgusted by it. So basically my mind is placed under a microscope. My thoughts….. I don’t expect anyone to relate to it. It’s almost like a trip through yourself, through myself.

I had a psychological session with my own self and it took that for me to realize that I’m indeed a crazy ass bitch. And that’s why I love this album. Because it’s not something I created for my catalogue, it’s something I created for my mind. The gift of Life! This is going to be one of the most silent moments in my career, yet the most powerful.

I once woke up in the middle of the night, and I was creating these weird sounds in my head. I didn’t know how I could possibly re-create them and I didn’t want to forget it. I stayed up all night trying to re-create it and I failed. I was so angry with myself, and little things like that tick me to the tomb. I kept trying and trying and finally it came to me. That's when I started to understand my own mind.

These songs can allure you, and you have to be very open-minded about music to really understand and love this album.
But I get a sense of freedom when I listen to it. Which is why I titled it “Free”. My favorite lyric of the album is:
“My thoughts have sicken me, Yet you haven’t done a single thing to me” it’s a lyric about perverseness. The song is "Mind Sickness". But of course, there is much more to the album than just that lyric. But that lyric has stuck with me.

The album releases June 28, 2011. Thank you for sticking with me this long, your journey is far from over and things are really just getting started."

Stay fierce, stay "FREE",
Love, Stephanie Fierce

Edited by user 14 June 2011 01:47:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline FiveT  
#2 Posted : 29 May 2011 07:07:48(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Ugenia: So I guess you're going to put a lot of ballads on it, am I wrong, Stephanie?

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
#3 Posted : 29 May 2011 07:16:43(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Ugenia: So I guess you're going to put a lot of ballads on it, am I wrong, Stephanie?

Stephanie Fierce: Well typically a ballad lays more with the narrative. So guess you can say it's a "ballad" album, for it's narrative part. But it's not in the cliche form or in the popular use of it. At all.

Edited by user 29 May 2011 07:17:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline FiveT  
#4 Posted : 29 May 2011 07:21:57(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: Well typically a ballad lays more with the narrative. So guess you can say it's a "ballad" album, for it's narrative part. But it's not in the cliche form or in the popular use of it. At all.

Ugenia: Well, then I think I'm even more interested in what it will sound like!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
#5 Posted : 29 May 2011 07:28:15(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Ugenia: Well, then I think I'm even more interested in what it will sound like!

Stephanie Fierce: Awesome, well get ready to leave earth June 28, 2011. Say goodbye to society and say hello to your mind ;)
Offline GirlSpice  
#6 Posted : 29 May 2011 08:36:48(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Miss Vanity: This album really sounds like nothing out there at the moment, this is gonna take you to the next level, sis! You're such a perfectionist, and I know how hard you've worked on this album, big things are coming!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#7 Posted : 29 May 2011 10:40:15(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Miss Vanity: This album really sounds like nothing out there at the moment, this is gonna take you to the next level, sis! You're such a perfectionist, and I know how hard you've worked on this album, big things are coming!

Stephanie Fierce: Really hard.. lol Thanks :) On a serious I can't wait for you to hear Poetry Monster, you're gonna love it.

Edited by user 29 May 2011 10:41:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline PANIC!  
#8 Posted : 29 May 2011 13:29:59(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan Ross Hernandez: "I heard someone years ago use the term pop-art. I'm not sure who said it, but I feel that it'd be a good term to describe what this record maybe like. I have a huge respect for artists who continue to reinvent themselves with every new release, and when I think of artists like that, your name is one of those that pops up in head almost immediately. But I feel that with every new reinvention of yourself, there has to remain some kind of one's former-self in there. I too have said in the past that I wasn't going to make any more pop records or songs, and I feel that it was an incorrect statement to make because in one way or another, every single record has some sort of pop touch to it, even if it's just a hint. There really isn't a disconnection button to it. I mean, I won't state any form of opinion right now because I obviously haven't heard the album. What I've liked about your recent records above everything else is the lyrics, and I feel that this record will have the best lyrics I've read or heard from you. The term "psychological", you use to describe it really does intrigue me."
UserPostedImage
#9 Posted : 30 May 2011 08:58:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Fierce: "Nah, pop art is not really a genre of music, its more of a style, unless you meant art rock or Avant-garde. I would say this album is simply Avant-garde with electronic, rock elements. The artwork is pop art; with indie art elements. I'm not really re-inventing myself, think about it. I'm actually going inside my own mind. Unless you meant musically. If you mean musically in terms of the sound, I feel that no sound could really define me. I've done everything from rock, blues, pop, shit even jazz once. There is every bit of the "younger" me into this sound. So I rather call it "Evolution". Remember, I'm a musician not just a recording artist. So that's why I disagree with the part that I'm re-eventing myself. But that could be a very debatable topic my friend (laughs ). I do agree though that every record has a pop touch to it; hence that the album does have an anthem.

Lyrically there is a way I always write. Lyrically I could be defined, I guess. But I'm not worried about all of this, I'm just putting it out in the open to let you know. I'm glad you're interested. The reason why I say this album is psychological, is because it deals with concepts we tend to ignore as humans. Things we are disgusted and are forced to be delusional about.

To be honest, even though it may not seem like it now. I do not want your opinion on this album or anyone's. No critics, nor friends, fans, nor family. I just want you and everybody else to simply listen to it and experience something you probably never experienced before with music. Which is very hard to say, but I'm not interested in the opinion, I'm more interested in the experience. I don't mean that in a rude way, I mean that in a good way."

Edited by user 30 May 2011 09:08:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline deadserious  
#10 Posted : 30 May 2011 09:08:35(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 314 post(s)
Giselle: I feel like this is one of those few albums were you just have to sit, and listen to it all at once. I commend you, for making such an album.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline DistortedAudio  
#11 Posted : 30 May 2011 09:13:50(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Winston: Brazil! Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
#12 Posted : 30 May 2011 09:22:25(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: deadserious Go to Quoted Post
Giselle: I feel like this is one of those few albums were you just have to sit, and listen to it all at once. I commend you, for making such an album.

Stephanie Fierce: I commend you ;)
#13 Posted : 30 May 2011 09:27:57(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
Winston: Brazil! Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm

Stephanie Fierce: We could of had it allllllllll, rolling in the deeeeeeeeeeeep.
Offline Moquel  
#14 Posted : 31 May 2011 06:47:39(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: This is exciting! Can't wait to be FREE! FREE!
UserPostedImage
#15 Posted : 20 June 2011 04:45:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Dear fans, I’m typing this letter to you in regards of everything that’s been going on. First of all, I’ve put myself in the most awkward position the past few days and just after a very few days of it I’ve had enough! The constant bickering with artists on twitter, the fake album I announced, the whole acting like a diva to mock the media’s portrayal of me and pop culture, the whole make everyone mad thing in general is going to STOP! I’ve proven my point.

In this industry, when you reach success, when you’re on top, when you reached the summit, when you reach COMMERCIAL success. No matter nice or “bitchy” (which happens to be the new ‘bimbo lingo’ nowadays), if you’re not bitchy you don’t make it nowadays apparently. People will try to destroy you! Take a moment out of your perspective just for a second, before you think anything.

I’ve put myself and my TRUE personality in contrast the past few days, if you haven’t noticed…… I’m not a diva, I don’t go around asking people for cubes in my tea, I don’t go around hiring managers, because everyone knows I manage my own shit and I’ve managed these two latest albums completely on my own . I took time to learn what this industry is all about and til this day a single mother, I’m still moving forward. No matter what, we’re all humans and we have our days were we fail or fall. It happens. But everyone who truly knows me knows that I treat people who treat me with respect like family. Everyone who knows me knows that I have a love and hate relationship with flattery and that I’m humbled with everything I have.

I’ve even given up the chance to be nominated to host the Birdies. What does that actually show? The Birdies went off for a while and I took matters into my own hands to bring it back out. Did I ever think of the probability that maybe I could have won an award? No. Did people acknowledged that? No. I’ve won three of those trophies; do you honestly think that I care if I rack up a few more? No. Because at this point, all I truly care is about others rising. I’ve received my applause. And if you don’t think so, why am I managing Hot Eye Records til this day? I care about people, I care about talent, and I’ll give anything for it. I want others to rise and be successful. Why not?

I will like to apologize to my fans and anyone who I’ve offended for putting you through this scrutiny and embarrassment. Nothing of it was true and from the heart. I will like to apologize to my fans who actually thought I was releasing a new album. Unfortunately, the cold truth is I will not be returning to the studio anytime this year. In fact I don’t know when I will be returning to the studio. My focus right now is touring, the ‘Free’ album and my life with Helle. Who’s growing up so fast by the way :)

You’ve all have been an amazing support and truly thank you from the bottom of my heart. I promise you that things will only keep growing musically. I never and I put this in emphasis…. NEVER will be anyone’s bitch. No one, will underestimate my mission and my movement. It could be through the quietest times, I will continue. Because you might be able to ignore me, but what you cannot ignore is the FACT. It will stay there forever and ever. God Bless, I’m done. Now all I have to say is bring on June 28th!

-Stay Fierce, Stephanie Fierce

Offline FiveT  
#16 Posted : 20 June 2011 04:51:11(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

America: (Venus Girls): I knew the whole "superhero" story couldn't be true! I had my dubts about it! Anyway understand what you mean. All the best to you and Helle!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

#17 Posted : 20 June 2011 05:09:54(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

America: (Venus Girls): I knew the whole "superhero" story couldn't be true! I had my dubts about it! Anyway understand what you mean. All the best to you and Helle!

Stephanie Fierce: Thank you America!