logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#21 Posted : 21 July 2011 00:57:33(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19179 time(s) in 7618 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Things like these happen to me just when I start wondering where is a singer or a band, and it suddenly comes back a little time later getting a lot of success.
For example before she came back, I started asking myself "Where is Jennifer Lopez now?" So I went on wikipedia to read what she was doing and some time later she came back with "On The Floor", which is a huge success!
The same exact thing happened also with Shakira, Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears and a few others.

Does it have an opposite effect too? Like if you think that you want an artist to DISAPPEAR, and not come back. If so, please think of Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Chipmunk, Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas (except Fergie), Cher Lloyd, Cheryl Cole and Chris Brown! pleeeaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeee!

Edited by user 21 July 2011 02:27:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline genocidal king  
#22 Posted : 21 July 2011 01:30:24(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Things like these happen to me just when I start wondering where is a singer or a band, and it suddenly comes back a little time later getting a lot of success.
For example before she came back, I started asking myself "Where is Jennifer Lopez now?" So I went on wikipedia to read what she was doing and some time later she came back with "On The Floor", which is a huge success!
The same exact thing happened also with Shakira, Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears and a few others.

Does it have an opposite effect too? Like if you think that you want an artist to DISAPPEAR, and not come back. If so, please think of Justin Bieber, Nikki Minaj, Chipmunk, Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas (except Fegie), Cher Lloyd, Cheryl Cole and Chris Brown! pleeeaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeee!

List edited, so that women who are attractive or funny (Cher Lloyd) are kept alive.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 09/08/2011(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#23 Posted : 21 July 2011 01:35:19(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post

Does it have an opposite effect too? Like if you think that you want an artist to DISAPPEAR, and not come back. If so, please think of Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Chipmunk, Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas (except Fegie), Cher Lloyd, Cheryl Cole and Chris Brown! pleeeaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeee!

List edited, so that women who are attractive or funny (Cher Lloyd) are kept alive.

I'll keep Cher to laugh at her horrible voice, and I can probably stand Cheryl a bit more than anyone else on the list. But Ke$ha? ewwwwwww,she looks riddled with disease

Edited by user 21 July 2011 02:27:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#24 Posted : 21 July 2011 01:43:00(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
I absolutely still would, even at the risk of filth.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#25 Posted : 21 July 2011 01:55:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Spelled NICKI Minaj wrong. Just saying.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline BrownSugar  
#26 Posted : 21 July 2011 02:27:00(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Spelled NICKI Minaj wrong. Just saying.

Oops, I thought it was Nicki, well that's what I get for listening to my sister who was 100% it was Nikki.
UserPostedImage

Offline FiveT  
#27 Posted : 21 July 2011 03:24:00(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)

Does it have an opposite effect too? Like if you think that you want an artist to DISAPPEAR, and not come back. If so, please think of Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Chipmunk, Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas (except Fergie), Cher Lloyd, Cheryl Cole and Chris Brown! pleeeaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeee!

Lol, I don't know, I have to see! But I hope that wouldn't happen to some of them, especially to Black Eyed Peas and Cheryl Cole! :P

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline BrownSugar  
#28 Posted : 21 July 2011 03:26:48(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Lol, I don't know, I have to see! But I hope that wouldn't happen to some of them, especially to Black Eyed Peas and Cheryl Cole! :P

Black Eyed Peas used to be good, until they released "Boom Boom Pow". Their last two albums are horrid.
UserPostedImage

Offline asdf  
#29 Posted : 09 August 2011 10:47:48(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Marshall Grant who played in Johnny Cash's band died yesterday...oddly enough me and my Mom watched two dvds of Johnny Cash playing live last night and I find out hes dead this morning. Weird.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#30 Posted : 09 August 2011 17:15:04(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Starting in the summer of 2009 I would have these dreams. I wouldn't remember anything that happened in these dreams, but then they would start coming true. Things in my life would happen. Not big things, but little things like falling off of a rock, helping a neighbor move chairs for a wedding reception, stepping on the cats tail. As they were happening I would get this bizarre feeling. It was sort of like deja vu because I knew somehow that the same thing had happened in my dream. It stopped at the end of that summer but a few months ago it happened a couple more times.

I also have this friend who I'm 95% sure is psychic. Either that or she is playing an extremely elaborate prank on me in which case we would no longer be friends. Haha. First were on a plane and she said "this plane should land". Literally right after she said that the pilot announced the beginning of the decent. I blamed coinsidence. Then on the next flight the same exact thing happened. There have been other things she's said that have come true, but that is the only speific I can think of.

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline Aj  
#31 Posted : 11 August 2011 05:25:55(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;142890]Starting in the summer of 2009 I would have these dreams. I wouldn't remember anything that happened in these dreams, but then they would start coming true. Things in my life would happen. Not big things, but little things like falling off of a rock, helping a neighbor move chairs for a wedding reception, stepping on the cats tail. As they were happening I would get this bizarre feeling. It was sort of like deja vu because I knew somehow that the same thing had happened in my dream. It stopped at the end of that summer but a few months ago it happened a couple more times.

I also have this friend who I'm 95% sure is psychic. Either that or she is playing an extremely elaborate prank on me in which case we would no longer be friends. Haha. First were on a plane and she said "this plane should land". Literally right after she said that the pilot announced the beginning of the decent. I blamed coinsidence. Then on the next flight the same exact thing happened. There have been other things she's said that have come true, but that is the only speific I can think of.

Maybe she's just particularly talented at looking out a window.
#32 Posted : 11 August 2011 05:28:51(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
;142890]Starting in the summer of 2009 I would have these dreams. I wouldn't remember anything that happened in these dreams, but then they would start coming true. Things in my life would happen. Not big things, but little things like falling off of a rock, helping a neighbor move chairs for a wedding reception, stepping on the cats tail. As they were happening I would get this bizarre feeling. It was sort of like deja vu because I knew somehow that the same thing had happened in my dream. It stopped at the end of that summer but a few months ago it happened a couple more times.

The blinds on the airplane windows were shut.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#33 Posted : 11 August 2011 11:06:10(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
;143371]
Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post

The blinds on the airplane windows were shut.

Planes don't just randomly land though, there's a certain window of time that they will always start the landing in. Sheer coincidence.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#34 Posted : 11 August 2011 23:01:05(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Can people be psychic? I don't know, probably. I get constant feelings of Deja Vu when I'm in places I've never been so I think I've dreamed about the places in question before. It's weird but then I read an article which I think accounts for most psychic tellings.

The Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy

To skip the first example and move more to the second one.

Beasts wild with hunger will cross the rivers,
The greater part of the battle will be against Hister.
He will cause great men to be dragged in a cage of iron,
When the son of Germany obeys no law.

Out of the deepest part of the west of Europe,
From poor people a young child shall be born,
Who with his tongue shall seduce many people,
His fame shall increase in the Eastern Kingdom.

This is a prediction that Nostradamus made in the 1500s. It sounds like he's pretty much predicting the broad-side of WWII eh?

Well here's another story.

There's a man, a cowboy who is shooting the side of the barn. The barn is peppered with holes and in some places there are more holes than others. The theory is that if the cowboy decided to paint a bulls-eye over the place where bullet holes are clustered together quite well, he could trick quite a few into thinking he was a good shot.

Now back to the story, you have to look at the auxiliary facts as well as the ones you look at presently. Hister is a Latin Name for the river known as Danube and even moreso, he wrote around an astounding 1,000 predictions. A good 75% of them are pretty fucking insane and make less than any sense.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Gildermershina  
#35 Posted : 12 August 2011 00:02:28(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I've heard it referred to as the "white van theory", whereby you notice when you go past a certain place, and see a white van. Then later you go past the same place, see another white van. Then, later you go past again, and yet another different white van. Of course, in between those times, you went past that same place 8 times. You remember the times the coincidence happens, and you forget the times it does not.

I think people mistake "unlikely" with "supernatural". The way I look at things, ignoring mathematics and statistical theory, is that a thing, any thing, either does happen, or it doesn't happen. How likely or unlikely something is to happen is irrelevant once it has already happened. Yes it is unlikely you will will win the lottery, but if you do win the lottery, it's not because of some divine connection between you, the numbers, the source of all knowledge in the universe, it's because some balls got picked out of a machine, and they inevitably matched somebody's lottery ticket, and that somebody was you. It is unlikely YOU will win the lottery, but it is very likely, inevitable even, that SOMEBODY will win the lottery.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#36 Posted : 12 August 2011 14:55:44(UTC)

I think that usually a human sees/thinks what they want to. It comes back to the age old debate of faith vs logic. Someone could be having a very hard time with something in their life and then they see what they think is Jesus in their morning toast and see it as a sign and then they might find religion (Or whatever it is you find when you get all religious). Whereas someone else might just see a piece of toast that looks vaguely like Jesus, but they see it as how that piece of bread happened to be. The first person wanted to see it as a sign, and the second did not.

So it's quite probable that I thought my friend had some sort of gift because I wanted to, and someone else would see it as pure coinsidence. Basically all superstitions and occasions of the supernatural can be explained this way. Jimmy plays baseball and thinks he's batting better because he wears the same dirty hat everyday. I think he happened to wear the hat for the first time on the day he learned how to swing. Often with sports if someone thinks that a hat is the only reason they're any good then if they take it off then they wont be any good, but that's because most sports are roughly 80% mental.

UserPostedImage