logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#1 Posted : 07 August 2011 23:29:22(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
So I'm thinking of making a series of Youtube videos on a new channel to help people. It might be pointless but, thats not your business. What I would like some help on though is to see if any of what I'm writing and talking about will be of much use to anyone. Here is the content I'm planning for my first video. Make sense? Helpful enough? What can I add or take away?

So after the introduction video this is my first video where I'll be trying to help you guys on my own. For todays video I want to get started right off talking about the demons that can follow us in life. Because this is the subject that ultimately we all face and where every problem we have originates, I want to address it in my first couple of videos so that we can all have a basic understanding of what the demons mean to us.

If you watched the introduction video you know by now that I will be providing a bit of help via a Spiritual, Religious, or Christian based way. I know some and maybe most of you wont find that to be the most appealing way for you. I ask that you still listen to what I have to say and see if it helps you but if its not your thing, I wont press you. We have other speakers on the channel to help those of you who need a different kind of help. If however you do think that God might be your answer and I assure you He can be, I'm about to take you and myself, on a journey.

There is a demon that is common to all of us and that is the demon of Deceit.

Jeremiah 17:9 says
"The Heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick. Who can Understand it?"

And that one verse says a lot weather you are a Christian or not. We all have had our heart and mind lie to us before. They lie to each other all the time. The deceit and lies that we tell ourselves are the worst kind. See, we can lie to each other and thats not good either. But when you lie to yourself is when you give up hope for yourself. When you can believe the tale you spin for yourself, you are systematically giving up on yourself.

People have this lousy instinct to put themselves first and concern themselves with only themselves. And the problem with this is you can tell yourself anything. You can tell yourself that you are the best at something, you can tell yourself you know more about something that anyone else, and you can convince yourself that you are the one who makes up the rules. But none of that is true. This is self-deceit at its finest, or rather, at its worst.

Self deceit can make you think you dont have a problem at all, and self-deceit can make you blame others for your problems. But problems can and will always be traced back to you. Why? Because ultimately you make the choice for yourself what your actions are and what your choices are. Just like you chose to tell that lie to yourself, you are the only one who can tell yourself that first truth. You must admit to yourself that you have a problem and that it is your problem before anyone else can help you.

Some of you might be saying that you were born into a bad situation, and that there is nothing you can do. Some of you are saying that you are too young to do anything or dont have the power to change anything. You're absolutely right. Because with an attitude like that you dont have the power to change anything! Change can be brought about by anyone who wants to make it so. No matter how big or small a change, a change is still a change especially when its for the better. Because goodness, and riotousness if a snowball on a cliff. When one starts it, others will join the cause. Now, some people will be out there to put a tree in front of the snowball or, maybe they'll turn on a heater to make the snow melt away but thats only because they are the victims of their own self deceit. Refuse to let them get you down, because you have something better than anything they have. You have something that is not only worthy fighting for, but in the end it is worth every last drop of blood, sweat and tears you put into earning it. Its the truth kids. And anyone can have it. You may be 16 like myself, 10, you may even be a full grown adult looking for the truth but if you want it you can have it and when you have it, it WILL set you free.

That is what the truth is. Its the counter-balance for the demon deceit. So you can let the deceivers get you down, and you can continue you lie to yourself. But only through accepting the truth, spreading the truth, and holding the truth for all others to see can you make yourself happy.

So whatever the truth is for you, it is for you. It can be that for everyone. Keep your faith in the truth and the demon deceit will have no effect on you because you have something more powerful that lives within you. Keep the faith in the truth, and ultimately just Keep the Faith. Faith in yourself, faith in the goodness of the world Ass holes are ass holes and will stay that way unless they choose otherwise but luckily, you can choose to do otherwise right now. Starting now you take control of your mind and spirit and despite the shadows around you, you hold those lights and colors close to your chest because they are yours and yours alone. Nobody can take that away if you believe it is true.

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
thanks 2 users thanked asdf for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 07/08/2011(UTC), bikz on 08/08/2011(UTC)
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 08 August 2011 00:43:23(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I really like it. So true. One thing - I'm not sure about using the terminology "Ass holes" in a serious video, just my take. (:
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
thanks 1 user thanked bikz for this useful post.
asdf on 08/01/2012(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2011 00:48:49(UTC)
asdf

Man

Lol, yea. I've altered that to say something along the lines of "Lost Souls will be Lost Souls"

;)

Thanks

thanks 1 user thanked asdf for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/08/2011(UTC)
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 08 August 2011 05:50:27(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Firstly, I don't really understand what this is about. Need to make that bit clearly.

Secondly, it HAS to be entertaining. No use saying a load of stuff that should be said if no ones going to listen. Moaning on like some boring old religious fart will mean no one will want to watch it, so no one will see the benefits of it. Make it funny, don't make it too serious, make it interesting, and possibly shorten it a little bit?

Thirdly, watch Phil DeFranco. You might not like what he says, but he is the MASTER at talking to a camera for a long time. Seriously, look at his techniques and how he films it, the man might talk a lot about boobs but he's a genius in his layout. Either that or he's just lucky, or he copied it from someone else. Who knows, but there's no reason you shouldn't take influence from other people, even borderline just copy the entire layout. Because if it works, it works, and it's youtube, so unless you turn into some internet sensation, nobody's really going to care that much if you've copied someone else here and there.

And finally, when making it funny, please don't try too hard. It'll just get cringey. Stick to your message, and keep that as your main focus. Don't use religion as your main focus, and don't refer to thing's as 'demons'. You just sound like a nut. Try to talk simple, plain English, and get your point across firmly, whilst here and there dropping religious hint's and references.

That's just my opinion, but I had a spare few minutes so fancied ranting.
Offline asdf  
#5 Posted : 28 August 2011 22:04:25(UTC)
asdf

Man

I don't know, I had some thoughts and some time, so I put them together.

Why is it that people never seem to recognize their own importance in the world? People have problems grasping the facts on how important they are to other people. Ask anyone and they would probably agree that there are three very distinct types of opinions on how important a person is to the world.

1. The people who think they mean more than anyone and anything else. These people think that everyone else's lives should resolve around them. We've all met them.

2. The people who think they are absolutely meaningless to everyone. This is the group I'm focusing on now. They fail to see how much they are cared for by others.

3. The third group, is also the smallest. It is the group of people who spent their time and their efforts on keeping peace between the other two groups. Some might say this is the least favorable group to be a part of, some might say its the most rewarding.

So, I'm guessing that at least one person who reads this has had a time in their life when they felt that nobody was there for them. It's that generally horrible feeling that no-one gives a damn about what I give a damn about. Right? You've had it, I've had it, we all have had it at one point. It's sort of a natural thing to experience though, because sometimes there aren't any signs to prove the theory wrong. But what you have to understand is, that the signs may not be showing up on your radar but they are there.

We grow up this way, and to be honest its how most of us spend our entire lives. As children we got upset about Mom not buying us that candy-bar and that it was just because Mom didn't understand how important the new blue-berry flavor was to us. As teenagers we faced social problems at school and probably at home as well. Isolation is how we deal with our problems because that is how we were brought up.

How many of you could see and knew perfectly well when your parent or other family member had a problem, but when you tried to help them they shrugged you off and pretended to be alright. Most of the time, they did it for our sakes. Most of the time the only reason they did this was to protect us from having to face a problem that was probably too much for us at the time anyway, but also to keep us out of a loop they did not want us to fall into like they had. But what this actually did instead was, it instilled that same reclusive nature into us. So now, when we are growing up and growing older, we too will pull away from someone who tries to help us.

In many cases this causes the would-be-helpers to think you are fine, or that you just want to deal with the problem on your own. So, they leave you alone like you "wanted". It is only when you sit in a dark room alone later down the road do you come to think that nobody cares about you and your problems. When all along they are standing outside your door waiting for you to let them in the room!

Now, of course there are going to be times when people are just going to be rude, clueless, or ignorant as well. It may not be your fault at all that you are left to face a problem alone. Sometimes, it is through facing this that we find out who our real friends are. We find out who will be there for us for what problems and who wouldn't be there for other problems. So if you find out that you don't have a friend for the life problem you are facing now, what do you do? Well, like with anything in life you have a choice...

You can aim to find a friend who can help you with this problem. This can be a refreshing change in pace. Sometimes you might even find that you already had a friend who was fit for the job but you never expected them to answer the call. Sometimes you have to be forward and upfront, because its usually the quiet ones in the back that are most willing and able to help you.

But there is also one other solution to everything I've said far. Fix it yourself.

True, we function better in times of struggle when we have help, but ultimately a personal problem is a personal problem. No matter how many friends or family you have behind you who would march with you to hell and back, you are still the leader. They can be advisers, aids, assistants...but you are the leader in your life. That is what makes you important to the world around you. You have been giving a chance to live a life, with all of these people and affect them in ways most of us don't even realize we are doing. Just as they help us, you help them. Even if it is unknowingly. If they are truly your friend, and if they truly love you, then just knowing your in the world makes them happier than they would be otherwise. Sometimes it may seem like your alone, or that something refuses to go your way. Perhaps, the whole world seems to refuse to go your way. But seeming to be alone and being alone are two totally different things.

Sometimes we even push people away because they aren't what we "had in mind". Sometimes, we look past the fact that a certain person is perfect for the job that they need and want to work in your life for simplistic reasons. "They aren't attractive enough." or "They aren't popular enough." or perhaps something reversed from that, "I'm not good enough for him/her". But your wrong, because they wouldn't even be in your life at all if they felt that way, and they wouldn't be trying to be in your life if they didn't think it would be worth both of your time.

So in conclusion, I state the obvious. Keep everyone close, and don't push people away. They are there for a reason. I'm here for a reason. You are here for a reason.

Thank you.

Edited by user 28 August 2011 22:08:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked asdf for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/08/2011(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 28/08/2011(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6 Posted : 28 August 2011 22:31:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

All of this has to have a reason behind it. Something is always the cause to the problem. When I was 17, my counselor said a joke to me and told me "Everything wrong with you is your parents fault, until you're an adult" (As in being on your own). That is the coolest thing he ever told me until he went on to say....."Once you're an adult, your parent(s) no loner take the blame for anything you're dealing with". I was turning 18 very soon and leaving.....so that was scary to hear.

However, I never took it as a joke, because it is nothing but the truth. I would go more into it, but I'm heading off to church ;)

Basically, enjoy being a kid, being an adult does not get any easier....I really enjoyed reading this by the way, thanks for posting :)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 28 August 2011 22:33:03(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hm, never thought about it that way. I am probably one of the most confusing friends to try to talk to because sometimes I really want to be alone and then everyone wants to help but then other times I want help but no one comes.

You should be a motivational speaker, lol.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline asdf  
#8 Posted : 28 August 2011 22:35:18(UTC)
asdf

Man

Sounds about right to me.

Lol, glad you enjoyed it. It's mostly a letter to myself I think, I didnt intend it that way but the more I read it the more I think it is. Hopefully the points came through for someone else too. ;)

Offline asdf  
#9 Posted : 28 August 2011 22:38:16(UTC)
asdf

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Hm, never thought about it that way. I am probably one of the most confusing friends to try to talk to because sometimes I really want to be alone and then everyone wants to help but then other times I want help but no one comes.

You should be a motivational speaker, lol.

I think it comes from the fact that we dont really know how to express our problems to others so that they can even go about helping us...because maybe we dont really know what our problems even are.

Also, we dont really know which friends are going to connect with us and really be up to helping us no matter what their personal opinion is, and which friends are going to make fun of us or not really care one way or the other. It's a complicated thing.

Lol, thanks. I've got problems of my own to sort out before I go about taking on others too. It would be something I'd like to try though.