logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2011 07:41:47(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
UserPostedImage

"You can either be at the top all alone, or in the bottom with the rest of people who are on the same mission as you. I've experienced both."- Stephanie Fierce

Andrew:
So nice to see you Stephanie Fierce. You’ve been kind of avoiding interviews, and press coverage, missy. You recently cancelled your interview with Rolling Stone magazine and MTV. Is the the busy tour to blame or are there other issues taking place? I mean you're literally touring every night and you're basically a single mother.

Oh boy, I'm not avoiding anything, but yeah, touring keeps me busy, plus a child! It's not easy man. Give me a break (laughs). the reality of it all is that there was a misunderstanding with my management team so I had to cancel, but those are private things I can't really speak of. there's no preference on my behalf. I honestly can’t really find the time do interviews as I use to. I’ve done billions of them anyways, so there is nothing missing here. But I do have something new to say today. - Stephanie Fierce

Andrew:
At the very beginning of your career, it seemed as though you were going to be the next Madonna! I’m just gonna throw it out there. (laughs) People from time to time, would say “she’s the next Madonna, she’s next Madonna”, which by the way I’m pretty sure you took as a compliment. However, things have obviously changed for you ever since. After your second album “Diary of a Pop Sinner”, you did a 180 degree turn musically and haven’t turned back ever since and we’re wondering…..what should people consider you now, a retired pop act or an experimental artist?

First of all, Madonna is a pop icon, but I’m in no shape or form like her ‘musically’, with maybe the exception of her ‘Ray of Light’ album, which is my personal favorite from hers. That’s the only thing that my music comes close to, in terms of sound, because I was inspired by it when I made “Free”. Unless you consider “controversies” outside lyrics a part of music, I think what people were referring to was the fact that I had a “I don’t care” attitude, especially at the beginning of my career. That might not seem like a big deal now, because everyone now has that attitude, and nowadays people want to be portrayed as the biggest bitches around. Madonna was not a mannequin artist; she was very verbal with her art, which is something that did influence me. Many pop acts had that “I don’t care” attitude, but they don’t have a message that goes a long with it. There’s a difference between releasing images for the hell of it, and releasing images that have a purpose. However, When people would say to me “you’re going to be the next Madonna”, I would tell them, “no, I’m going to be the next Stephanie Fierce”. - Stephanie Fierce

Andrew:
Ha clever!

That’s not a diss to Madonna. That’s just having pride in my work and what I do. Now on to the last bit of your question. There was a time in my career, when I didn’t want to be labeled as a pop act, because the definition it carried. I don’t know how many times I have to stress this, but I don’t mean to say that being a pop act is a bad thing, I personally enjoy pop music. You need pop music. Without pop music, there is no way to escape reality and there is no way for a specific group of people to feel important. But I felt as though the title was too narrow. Especially with the music I make. Certain artists want to place me in that category just to downsize me. However, everyone knows I’m not just a ‘pop act’ and those insecurities really are there within those people. I consider myself mainstream, but I don’t consider my music just pop music. Unless you go back to my first two albums, my music does not only contain catchy lyrics and addictive choruses. It’s much more complex, especially with my fourth and fifth album. I’ve evolved and some people just don’t want to accept that, that’s all. - Stephanie Fierce

Andrew:
Why do you think "Free" wasn't as appealing as you hoped it to be? What is your take on the commercial performance

I think it's pretty appealing. I've had amazing support and compliments from so many well respected artist. I just didn't want it to be one of those albums that is looked as a pop record, because it's not. Which is why there was hardly any promo for it, besides making music videos and performing the songs on tour. However if it were a pop record I would of promoted it. I've said this in the past. I feel like every record of mine is like getting a degree in the study of 'myself'. Free is "Newborn's" prodigy. It’s the dark/evil side of Newborn. I really dig deep in Human ethos and such, like perverseness. How sick our minds can be. I really go deep into myself. That kind of stuff is not something to add bullshit to. I'll leave it as it is.

Commercially the album has exceeded my exceptions. It's very interesting that people still bought the album in retail, despite it being available for free on my website for nearly a month before it was released on retail. - Stephanie fierce

Andrew:
Some singers do not consider releasing free music, what are your thoughts on that sort of decision being made? Do you think releasing music for free is a marketing strategy to keep a fan base?

Marketing strategy? Haha, people try to make the music industry sound like it’s some sort of secret corporation. I mean don’t get me wrong, this industry is full of people that are ‘out to get you’, but nothing is ever planned so detailed, at least from my understanding. Me personally, I want to be more direct with my fans. I don’t want them to feel like they are my investment. I think it’s important for artists and musicians to give the fans free music, at least from time to time, especially if you’re pretty settled in the money department. I think even with strict labels, there is always a way to give the fans free music. Not everything has to be a selfish investment. When you go “here, download my album, free, with no hassle” I think things go much smoother and people will pay attention more to the music, rather than the whole money spectacle. - Stephanie Fierce

Andrew:
In all honesty. What is your favorite song on "Free"? You can only pick one? Also, in contrast to all your previous albums, what is something distinctive from "Free", that you like most?

It's like asking a mother to pick her favorite child. It doesn't work for me sorry (laughs). Something distinctive from this album was the fact that I found myself singing in syllables. I've never really done that, because it breaks the rule of a pop song and allows me to be more flexible with the lyrics. - Stephanie Fierce

Andrew:
what is 'singing in syllables'?

Singing in syllables, is basically when you stretch out a note by slicing a word with syllables to somewhat break away from a melody. For example. If you sing the word "today". You don't just sing "today". You sing "To (pause) dayyyyy". Which allows you to be microscopic with the production of the song. Never really did that with my previous albums. -Stephanie Fierce

Andrew:
Many people wonder, will you ever go back to making a pop album? Meaning, another album in which appeals more to the mainstream audience

I think people will keep enjoying my more experimental vulnerable side, but I also feel that some of my fans miss the pop side of me. The one who appears on Tyra Banks out of nowhere. The one who dances on music videos. The one who writes catchy choruses and verses. And I really want to give my fans what they want. But I also want this for myself. I want to loosen up a bit. So I’m ready to start fresh with a new album in 2012. In fact, I’m ready to make another pop album. But of coarse, everything I do has depth, don't expect something generic. A lot of creative juices are flowing in my head (laughs). - Stephanie Fierce

Edited by user 05 September 2011 07:49:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline FiveT  
#2 Posted : 05 September 2011 08:08:24(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Witney (Hard Sugar): That was like a very inspiring interview!! Stephanie will always be very, very inspiring to me!

OOC: Nice job with the interview! :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 05/09/2011(UTC)
#3 Posted : 05 September 2011 08:12:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Witney (Hard Sugar): That was like a very inspiring interview!! Stephanie will always be very, very inspiring to me!

OOC: Nice job with the interview! :)

Stephanie Fierce: So sweet Whitney, thanks :)

OOC: thanks! :)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 05 September 2011 10:44:09(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: The question is are we ready for Miss Stephanie new album? I have to say I always wait something big when I'm talking about Steph. she always has something to show!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 05/09/2011(UTC)
#5 Posted : 05 September 2011 11:10:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: The question is are we ready for Miss Stephanie new album? I have to say I always wait something big when I'm talking about Steph. she always has something to show!

Stephanie Fierce: Thank you Magie! So excited, bring on 2012! :)
Offline Moquel  
#6 Posted : 06 September 2011 23:09:13(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
RadioVine: Loved the interview, excited about the new work!
UserPostedImage