logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rincewind  
#1 Posted : 02 June 2012 07:06:43(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
to be blunt, your 16, she is 15 and i highly doubt (although i could be wrong) that you two have a long term future together, the odds are simply against it.

her friends are over dramatic, complain about their boyfriends and cut themselves because of it... Again she is 15 and is it possible this whole behaviour is simply to fit in with her friends? I know at least one of my sisters used to do this and even went so far as to attempt an overdose on paracetomol simply because she felt like she needed the same kind of drama as her friends (bloody stupid in my mind and my mum still hasn't forgiven her for that).

The best advice i can give is this. Your 16, your doing your GCSE's and then A levels and then maybe university, you need to do whats best for you, and if that is leaving this girl, then do it. By all means stay in touch with her, help her get the help she needs, whether that be medical, therepist or other.. But you can't be dragged down by her.

thats my two cents anyway, some parts i can sympathise with and i hope you do make the right decission, but if she is suicidal then she needs the help, if its peer pressure to fit in a certain way, she still needs help, just a different kind..
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
thanks 1 user thanked Rincewind for this useful post.
Aj on 02/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 02 June 2012 11:15:25(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I agree with Rince. I might add that I'd do those things to my ex simply because I was insecure and had a eallylow self-steem. He tried to help me fo a while, but in the end the only people that can really help her are her family and a competent doctor. Don't blame youself fo leaving he and focusing on your education and future, you both are too young to commit that seriously.
From personal experience, if she's acting like that I'd say she's not ready for a relationship. You can't love someone unless you love youself, cliche but true.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
thanks 1 user thanked Raphaela for this useful post.
Aj on 02/06/2012(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 03 June 2012 05:04:55(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I have to agree with Rince and Raph.

You can't let someone ruin your life this early on, and sadly that is where this is headed. A lot of my friends have been involved in situations like this and I've watched them fall apart.

I would wait until after the holiday though. Technically it could either make it better or worse, but hopefully it could ease the blow.

I don't know man, tough decision.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Rincewind  
#4 Posted : 03 June 2012 12:12:50(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
If you go on the holiday.... your going for the wrong reasons.... i'd take the hit and break up before hand but stress that your always there as a friend / person to turn to.

to be blunt,,, if you go on the holiday you will have the cloud of the break up over you all the time... a clean break is always best.. do NOT drag it out.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants