logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 03 September 2012 04:39:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Title: “Liar”
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop Rock
Written by: Stephanie Fierce
Produced by: Stephanie Fierce, Daniel, Curtis Mathew
Lenght: 6:30

CLICK HERE
TO DOWNLOAD FREE MP3 FILE Of "LIAR"

UserPostedImage

Artwork

"Liar" is a song written and recorded by Stephanie Fierce, the first single from her 8th studio album, "Man Music", set to be released through Hot Eye Records in the winter. The song as produced by Fierce herself with the company of Daniel and Curtis Mathew. The song is 6 minutes and 30 seconds in length and is available for immediate free download.

Lyrical Meaning

The songs introduction is written in the form of a poem, to describe the feeling of pain and suffering during the aftermath of a serious life chancing breakup. While the song reflects on a past marriage Fierce experienced, the song also talks about the possible meaning during certain arguments she had with her ex-lover, coming into realization that he indeed lied often. During the storytelling of this heartbreak, Fierce reflects on her feeling of his new lover, that despite their happiness, he's still a liar. Fierce also, shows signs of jealousy as she starts wishing nothing but the worst for her ex-lover and his new wed to be. In contraction to her own words she wishes that he should of kept "the ring on". Meaning, that the after some time being separated with her ex-lover, Steph comes into realization that with no doubt she's unfairly being replaced by a new woman and she somehow wished to still be him. According to the lyrics content, the song is believed to be directed at Johnny Johnson.

Background and Development

Ultimately, when I wrote “Liar”, I already had the song envisioned in my head, it wasn’t something I wrote from scratch. Matter of fact, some of the melodies where already living in my head for a while now, and surprisingly, they were the first to come out when I started to experiment on the soundboard for the new album. From what I’ve written, this song is kind of like a piece of a dramatic short film. It did come from a true place because in my life I've dealt witht his exact situatuon, only this time I'm in the position of reflecting back on it. However, I didn't know what I was getting myself into when recording this song. There was so much tension going on in my life, that I just felt numb when recording. With the fact that I didn't think I was goin to be recording, especially with the anouncemant of my hiatus. However, I think that's why Daniel took advantage of the moment by challening me.

I think this sound just brings a total different approach from what I've been doing the past two-three albums. In terms of vocalization and how the song builds up, It is quite shocking! No one expects a song to be in acapaella for about 4 minutes and then transition into a whole different sounding song without sounding like a mess. I can honestly sya that with this song I experimented with my voice a little more than I have in the past. I would say that it's a bit more sonic .I had to learn how to break it down and make it sound more thin but sonic at the same time. Which was hard for me, because my vocals are abit thicker and can fall in the Once again I'm just challenging myself as a vocalist.

I wrote the idea for the song and me and Daniel began working in the studio immideately, adding piece by piece. Obviously, we didn't feel limited, so we just sort carried on with what we were doing without forming a structure, which is why the acapella lasts for a good 4 minutes, until the violin melodies come creeping in with a more medolic backbone. There was this special moment in the studio, when Daniel reached out to me to remind me that the song was already 4 minutes in, before any real "medolic" sound was introduced. I simply told him that it was ok, and that excited him a bit more.

Eventually, we just made like 20 cuts for this song and each cut we added something different and different, making the song sound better each time. That's how eventually ended up having this epic family of violinists in the form of an orchestra working together, to differentiate each part of the song. It was just crazy how insane this song was developing each time. I remember that the first cut served only of violins. It didn't have that oopmph the final version has. Then the next cut we decided to add flutes, then the next cut we decide to add a tamborine, then the next we decided to add more air, then the next we decided to add this backdrops of random noise that we made on the soundboard. It was very complex. Until finally the song sounded exactly like I envisioned it. I nearly just darn out cried tears of joy because my voice was hurting at that point, I had been awake for 52 hours and I could feel the song and what I just done with my lyrics. I felt like a true artist and that moment was magical. You would think that at this point in my career I would be very bored and broken, but It felt like the very first time with this song in particular.

Composition

The song begins with a sound which is produced by violins and an ambiance that's orchestrated by a vintage soundboard. With a hushed quiet intensity, Steph vocals become present and she sings in an almost acapella form. Her voice sounds more high pitched than usual, but remains a rich but soft and almost whispered texture. The sound of ambiance produced by violins and a soundboard continues but this time with the company of more violent violin strokes. As the song progresses, Steph's vocals become more present and harmonized as the violins fade in an out at a continuous pace, each moment in differentiation of the next. By the time the second verse comes in, the sounds matures a little more, as some of the lyrics are sung with more emphasize and eventually Steph introduces a more upscale set of notes. Once again, the violin composition keeps growing a little more present and melodic until everything comes to a halt. During this moment, the whole production goes completely quiet, as a more forceful and hoarse note is heard with the spooky stroke of violins. A flute is then introduced alongside the violins and the song's more melodic pace returns hinting a dramatic climax. Once the 4 minutes of acapella comes to a finish, a more fast paced production, with a more pulsating harmony is introduced. Almost dancy in its discretion, Steph's vocals also grow more angry and horse. Meanwhile, in the background a family of violins are heard alongside a smashing tambourine and groovy like flute that was introduced after the long unexpected pause earlier in the song. During this climax, Steph's vocals grow longer and angrier as the outro comes to a finish with sharp dramatic violins going off until eventually fading out in complete.

"Liar" Lyrics:

"Like an ember,
fighting a rain storm
one can only suffer,
for so long.....
I remember
all those endless fights
I was so young back then,
I thought I was gonna be strong enough to put up the fight
But I was wrong
My heart was robbed from my very eyes
They sure did warned me and told me...
Every first love dies!
but I will rise
I'll return, yeah eh
This beast isn't tame
You will learn
I will rise
I'll return
Even being what you are
There is no other choice
but for you to LIIEE
I never meant to hurt you
I swear I din't mean those things I said
I never meant to do that to you
next time I'll keep my hands to myself instead
Oh does she love you
what she's capable to do
Does she take you like I do
oh you fucked her, she was good yeah
does she take it like I do
whoa oh, ooh oh Like ooh oh oh....
Do you want me again, should I believe
You always told me that you loved me
but sometimes I wondered if I should of believed
Oh I loved you, God I loved you
I'd slay a dragon for you
Oh, DIE!
but i will rise, I will return
THIS BEAST ISN'T TAME!
You will learn
and I will rise
You'll see me return
Even being what you are
There is no other choice
but for you to LIE!
When you should of kept the ring on
you should of kept the ring on
Then I wouldn't even tried it
and I would've known
And I wouldn't have pulled you tighter
No I wouldn't have pulled you close
I wouldn't have screamed
No I can't let you go
even when the door is closed
No I wouldn't have pulled you to me
No I wouldn't have kissed your face
You wouldn't have begged me to hold you
You haven't done the same in the first place
Ah but I know you wanted me to beg oh oh
Every lie that you threw burns inside now
Oh Oh, but you should of kept the ring on
you should of kept the ring on
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIARRRRRRRRR! oh
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIARRRRRRRRR! oh
I use to be so afraid, now she better share your grave
Tried to give you a chance, but you still threw it away
you're still a liar
you still a liar
you're still a liar!

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 03 September 2012 04:45:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
_Python_ on 03/09/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/09/2012(UTC)
Offline _Python_  
#2 Posted : 03 September 2012 04:42:51(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
"Oh yeah, Stephanie y'soundin' just a sexy as ever! I'm definitely hanging this artwork somewhere in my house.. You never fail to blow my mind girl!"
--Freddy Valentine--
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked _Python_ for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 03/09/2012(UTC)
#3 Posted : 03 September 2012 04:50:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: _Python_ Go to Quoted Post
"Oh yeah, Stephanie y'soundin' just a sexy as ever! I'm definitely hanging this artwork somewhere in my house.. You never fail to blow my mind girl!"
--Freddy Valentine--

Thank you. Simply. Just Thank you.

- Stephanie Fierce
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 03 September 2012 09:50:46(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erich:is people were vacuum cleaners,steph would be a kick ass electrolux,and everyone one would be ghetto ass hoovers.

karoliena:that is....that is an odd analogy.

erich: analogy? i didnt think you did that sort of thing,,miss k.much less study it.

karoliena:*walks away* god damn you are weird sometimes.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#5 Posted : 03 September 2012 10:39:28(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity: Love it Stephanie! I can't wait for the album :)
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
#6 Posted : 03 September 2012 22:35:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich:is people were vacuum cleaners,steph would be a kick ass electrolux,and everyone one would be ghetto ass hoovers.

karoliena:that is....that is an odd analogy.

erich: analogy? i didnt think you did that sort of thing,,miss k.much less study it.

karoliena:*walks away* god damn you are weird sometimes.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Erich you are too much I swear!

- Stephanie Fierce
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/09/2012(UTC)
#7 Posted : 03 September 2012 22:36:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Serenity: Love it Stephanie! I can't wait for the album :)

Aww, thank you Serenity :)

- Stephanie Fierce
Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 03 September 2012 23:37:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: Definitely a genuine Stephanie Fierce song! I just loved the lyrics and also the melodies are so epic, it's great to see that you keep doing this for such a long time and you're still admirable to look for. I love everything you do, you're a truly Diva!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 04/09/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 03 September 2012 23:41:04(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

karoliena: given the subject,"erich,you are too much" is something he'll never hear.

erich:...given the subject matter...i seem to recall,i think berlin it was.

karoliena: *turns very red and laughs nervously* ok,ok,i might have taken the good natured ribbing too far,miss fierce. while not something he would hear on a daily basis,"erich,you are too much" is something he could possibly maybe hear during a certain act.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
#10 Posted : 04 September 2012 00:25:40(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Julia: Definitely a genuine Stephanie Fierce song! I just loved the lyrics and also the melodies are so epic, it's great to see that you keep doing this for such a long time and you're still admirable to look for. I love everything you do, you're a truly Diva!

That definitely means a lot, I'm really happy you enjoyed the song :)

- Stephanie Fierce
#11 Posted : 04 September 2012 00:29:25(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

karoliena: given the subject,"erich,you are too much" is something he'll never hear.

erich:...given the subject matter...i seem to recall,i think berlin it was.

karoliena: *turns very red and laughs nervously* ok,ok,i might have taken the good natured ribbing too far,miss fierce. while not something he would hear on a daily basis,"erich,you are too much" is something he could possibly maybe hear during a certain act.

You know it took me a while to figure out what he meant, but wow Erich, I didn't know your special area was "well endowed" ;)

- Stephanie Fierce
Offline erich hess  
#12 Posted : 04 September 2012 03:26:10(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich: certainly not. and to if i was to claim such,reeks of egotistical bullshit...i just didnt want people to think i am playing with a stack of dimes.

karoliena: *smirks* nickles maybe.but dimes? no.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
#13 Posted : 05 September 2012 21:41:43(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

erich: certainly not. and to if i was to claim such,reeks of egotistical bullshit...i just didnt want people to think i am playing with a stack of dimes.

karoliena: *smirks* nickles maybe.but dimes? no.

Stephanie Fierce: Oh wow! lmao
erich hess on 05/09/2012(UTC)
#14 Posted : 08 September 2012 05:34:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

A Video Project; by Stephanie Fierce and Daniel

Title: "Liar"
Premiere Date: September 14, 2012
Directed by: Daniel, Stephanie Fierce
Length: 6 minutes and 35 seconds (VEVO/Youtube)

Preview Synopsis:

The video follows the insight of the life of a woman's obsession over Stephanie Fierce. The obsession is so severe, that the woman decides to surgically and cosmetically transform herself to a man, in hope of Fierce's approval. Sitting in her home, tuned into to her computer, the obsessed woman is seen watching a performance of a song called "Liar". The woman who seems to have a strong connection with the singer begins to encounter unrecognizable connections with the demonic world. After the rough encounter, the frightened woman runs out of her house demonized with the song following her everywhere. Eventually the woman begins to experience sings of lycanthropy, which eventually require severe medical attention. After a few disturbances in public through her animalistic behavior, the woman is strapped and taken to a hospital, where she would eventually transition to a behavioral mental hospital in treatment for her lyncanthropy behavior. After being taken to the hospital and as all medical procedures are processed, with the demonic force the woman manages to injure the doctors as well as the nurse involved. Escaping the hospital, the beast runs freely and attempts to escape the city, in search of Fierce's ex to kill him. Never finding her obsession's ex lover, she's eventually held capture by higher authority. After being locked in a behavioral site, an exorcism is held on the woman. Fierce's ending of the performance of "Liar" seem to reflect the exorcism.

UserPostedImage
Screenshot of "Liar" Music Video

Edited by user 08 September 2012 05:37:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

erich hess on 08/09/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 08 September 2012 06:57:24(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich: sounds....killer.

karoliena: ouch,that was painful.

erich:only the best cheesy one liners for steph.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage