logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 10 September 2012 06:24:35(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: "Bitter Queen"
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop
Written by: Stephanie Fierce
Produced by: Stephanie Fierce, Daniel
Lenght: 6:01

"Bitter Queen" is a song by music artist and producer Stephanie Fierce off her eight studio album "Man Music". The song features an orchestral backbone against a climatic beat, which samples Rolling Stones "The Last Time". Once again in comparison to her last song "Liar", the theme of violins seem to be present. As described by producer Daniel, Fierce's vocals seem to sound vintage and as if recorded in the early 60's. The song talks about a bitter queen's view of life. In her lyrics, Fierce talks about the bitter control she has in music despite the recent experiences she's faced; "Cause it's bitter queen, enjoying her life", "I won't change, but I'm still sitting in my throne". Specifically, the song also talks about life of pop stars and exposes the idea of control and bitter intentions they have with their music "Trying to make my poison sweet, You're a slave to my music, then you die". In relevance to the phase Fierce is going through currently in the music industry, the song could mean that despite her recent fall, she's still very much a Queen to herself, and is in a much deserving state of happiness.

Music Video

The intro begins with News reporter announcing Stephanie Fierce's death. "Worldwide Superstar Stephanie Fierce is Dead" is then repeated various times, each time fading away and with more static. The scene eventually then fades out as the sound of wind and a busy road is heard. The view of a busy New York city street comes into view and a woman with a short haircut comes into view. Her hair is mixture of a fading black and a dark gray color somewhat representing her age. She's seen holding a family of roses that are pressed against her heavy rain coat. With her face shying away from the camera, this leads people to believe that it may be Stephanie Fierce. Walking with her six inch stilettos, the woman is seen rushing through the crowd to her destination. As this happens the music begins to play. It is then unveiled that this is Stephanie Fierce but in older times.

Fierce who seemed predominated by the music industry, is showcased as a rebel, making her way down, many people staring at her, gazing wondering who she might be as she makes her way down. Mysteriously, Fierce with her chin up continues walking without hesitation as the music plays in the background. Her movement is somehow slow motion in the music video, serving as a melodramatic effect. As she walks down the pavement leading to a cemetery that's still long ahead, rain begins to fall down, hitting the already battered streets of New York. Fiercely, without looking, Fierce takes out an umbrella, opens it up and continues walking, as other New York City residents are seen rushing out, some even out of the rain to get to their destinations,
As various places from the city are shown throughout out the video, Fierce is never kept out of focus. As she keeps walking, a running woman bumps into Steph and starts lashing out at her. Steph grins and keeps walking feeling unbothered. Finally Fierce reaches out to the cemetery and makes her way in. Walking past the deaths of many, Fierce eventually makes it to the grave she was looking for. The Stone that's placed on the grave reads "Stephanie Fierce".... "Her love never felt Like Grenades, A pop sinner she was, but free she will always be". Smiling, she bends down and places the roses on the grave. She kisses the stone, rises up and heads out of the grave. As she walks out, she begins to mime the last part of the song, with the camera slowly rising and zooming out, eventually showing the whole city with the now tiny dot that is Stephanie Fierce.

"Bitter Queen" Lyrics

"'Cause it's a bitter queen enjoying her life
Trying to make my poison sweet
You're a slave to my music, then you die
I'll sing the notes I've never written down
You know the one that takes you to the places
where all ends meet

No change, I won't change
I wont change, I can't change
But I'm sitting in my throne
I'm still sitting in my throne
and I'm a million different people
according to the Papa--
I won't change, I won't
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

Well I'll never stay
But tonight I'm on my knees yeah
You need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah
let the melody shine, let it cleanse your mind, feel free now
Now the airways are clean and there's nobody singing to me now

No change, I wont change
I won't change, I can't change
I am sitting in my throne
And I'm a million different people
according to the Papa--
I won't change
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
I wont change
I wont change

'Cause it's a bitter queen, enjoying her life
Trying to make poison sweet
You're a slave to my music the you die
I'll sing the only note I've ever written down
You know the one that takes you to them places
where all the demons meet yeah

You know I wont change, I wont change
I wont change, I can't change
I am sitting in my throne
And I'm a million different people
according to the papa--
I won't change
No, no, no, no, no

I won't change
no, no, no, no, no,
I won't change
won't change,
no, no, no

written down
Ever written down
Ever written down
Ever written down
Ever written down
That I've ever written down
That I've ever written down"

Sounds Like:

thanks 3 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Walton on 10/09/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/09/2012(UTC), erich hess on 10/09/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#2 Posted : 10 September 2012 06:39:58(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity: If you ever died Stephanie, I would seriously cry! But let's not think about the negative things, the song is great and so is the music video. The whole plot of the video fits perfectly with the song. I hope "Man Music" will be available for pre-ordering soon! :) x
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 10 September 2012 06:43:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Serenity: If you ever died Stephanie, I would seriously cry! But let's not think about the negative things, the song is great and so is the music video. The whole plot of the video fits perfectly with the song. I hope "Man Music" will be available for pre-ordering soon! :) x

Stephanie Fierce: Aww, well I at least hope I don't die any time soon lol XD thank you :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Walton on 10/09/2012(UTC)