logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 17 December 2012 00:29:33(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
So I've been using some software called Guitar Rig 4 which is basically where you can connect up a guitar using USB and you can play around with the software to make it give different sounds (in laymans terms, I'm sure theres some music term for it.)

However I had to change some of my soundcard settings so that my Realtek sound card and the Asio USB connecter drive thingy worked in sync. Now here is the issue:

After I left guitar rig, I had to change my settings back to the way they were before. I can't remember how they were before, however by twiddling a few things around I manager to get sounds from my laptop and from things like youtube to play. HOWEVER, music from my spotify account still wont play. This is really irritating seeing as the majority of my music is on spotify and I have no way of listening to it, I have to keep going on youtube and listening to the songs on there.

Spotify can see theres something wrong with my soundcard as when I click on a song it comes up with *there is a problem with your soundcard*, so how do I sort it out basically guyz?!
Offline Gildermershina  
#2 Posted : 17 December 2012 14:09:49(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Well, if you're on Windows 7, you should be able to right click on the volume icon in the system tray down by the time/date there, and if you click playback devices you can then choose the device you want as your default device. Just select it and hit "set default"

If there's hardware involved in your guitar rig, like a little interface that has audio out, I would plug your speakers into that audio out and use that as the default, because it will be better than your standard Realtek. If not, then you can run your playback device as your Realtek, and your Recording device as your guitar rig input, and that should work.

Very occasionally, software will have its own configurable audio outputs in their settings. Maybe Spotify has this, I don't know because I don't use it. If so, find it somewhere in the options and switch it to your Realtek.

Beyond that, there could be an issue of driver conflict, in which case unplugging the guitar rig device should solve the issue.

If the problem still exist, screenshots of your audio settings would help.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage