logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Raphaela  
#1 Posted : 02 January 2013 14:50:23(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
A bit late, but I thought someone would make a thread like this. Basically just say how 2012 was for you and what do you want and expect for 2013 :D

As for me, I guess 2012 was kinda good. I tried a lot of new drugs, used them A LOT, on pretty much every occasion a human being can experience on life, but then I found Santo Daime and things turned out for the best. I stopped with heavy stuff and now only use LSD once every two or three months and smoke weed. I found religion and it keeps giving me a lot of strenght to carry on with my life without having to use so many things. I completely quit alcohol for almost 8 months, and cigarettes for almost 4 months now, and have lowered my dosages of LSD (I used to do 100 - 200 micrograms and still want more, now I take barely 60 and get satisfied with it).
Made quite some new friends aswell, I love them! And my sexual life went from 0 to quite active, which is good.
I also got really closer to a good friend of mine, yesterday she told me if it wasn't for my help, she wouldn't be alive right now. We helped each other through all the hard times we had (specially for her, she had really rough times this past year) and I consider her like a sister to me. Oh, and I lost 40 pounds :)
I guess for 2013 what I want is to lose a lit bit more of weight, go to Santo Daime more times, and not much something I can control, but I'm tired of being single and really want a boyfriend. Things are looking good with a nice guy I met a little before christmas, so I guess it's a sign. I really want to focus on my studies and also get back my internship with reptiles, I guess all the crazy is out of my system now, so I can focus more on what's important. I'll try to get my parents to pay the TOEFL test so I can apply for an internship in Australia, and be happy :))
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
thanks 3 users thanked Raphaela for this useful post.
Walton on 02/01/2013(UTC), asdf on 02/01/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 03/01/2013(UTC)
Offline Gildermershina  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2013 18:33:14(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
2012 was an interesting year.

At the tail end of 2011 I had vague plans to maybe go on a working holiday to Canada in 2012. But I also kind of fell in love with a girl from New Zealand. Then in January she unexpectedly had to return to New Zealand, so that was pretty much a massive bummer. But on the plus side, having met her was a pretty important thing to have happened to me.

Anyway, after having one last coffee with her at the end of January, I kind of drifted along in a weird daze for a while. Applied for my Canadian visa, got it.

I went to Vienna with a guy from work in May, which was pretty awesome. He dragged me to the graves of Strauss, and Beethoven and Brahms, and so forth.

Got promoted at work to senior advisor, after having done basically the job of a senior advisor for over six months. No pay rise obviously. Fucking Glasgow lowest-bidder financial outsourcing bullshit.

After that. It was a matter of waiting for my friend's wedding plans in to fall into place. He was getting married in Georgia, USA, so I would use this is a springboard to get to Canada to save money.

July rolled around and I quit my job, got on a plane to Reykjavik, stayed there for a couple days, then onward to New York, stayed a couple days, then on to Atlanta for the wedding. Fun times with awesome people out in the middle of nowhere. Then stayed with friend's family in Atlanta itself for a week, then flew on to Seattle, stayed there for five days. Took a trip to Mt. Rainier, which is FUCKING RIDICULOUSLY HUGE.

Then, a train to Vancouver, and I lived in Burnaby for a couple months, got a job in a phone/game console/laptop repair shop, working for a crazy delusional, but reasonably nice pothead. Then moved to the most boring neighbourhood in all of Vancouver, Marpole.

Then got a job as a ski lift operator at Cypress Mountain, which I now do, but it's a two hour commute each way, so as soon as my lease ends I am fucking out of here.

Still in love with that girl, who I might never see again, which fucking sucks. And I miss my friends and family. But overall, things are more interesting than they were in Glasgow.

As for 2013, I hope to finish up the ski season, then go on another lengthy trip across the continent, and then maybe just go home for the second half of the year, learn to drive, and look into options for 2014, maybe New Zealand, maybe Canada again, maybe something else entirely. Woo!
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Gildermershina for this useful post.
asdf on 02/01/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 03/01/2013(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2013 18:39:42(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Sounds like 2012 was a successful year for us TRSG alumni.

I sucked it up and began playing music on stage. Played in a talent show and won 1st place. I started looking into colleges and found where I want to go. I kicked some ass in school and should be graduating soon (I'm ahead). I also made some serious effort and lost a total of 50lbs over the last 6 months of the year.

I mended fences with some old friends, among other things as well...so that's nice.

For 2013 I'm hoping to lose another 30 pounds or so. If I do that, I should be pretty much a sexy beast. I also want to finish up high school, get started in college, and get a job that I can handle along with all of that. And for the love of God I need to get a girlfriend.

I really want to see if I can get a band together. My cousin and I have been playing together and it sounds good, but it's still a bit empty. So that's on the agenda as well.

Woo hoo!
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
thanks 1 user thanked asdf for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 03/01/2013(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#4 Posted : 03 January 2013 01:50:02(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
I never really had a set in stone 2012 resolution. Although I think my main goals were to study hard to get out of this country and continue somewhere else. I've achieved that and got the grades to leave this summer.
I suppose I failed sorta on the whole start a band front. Well, I mean I did join a band but we didn't get as far as we hoped. Did a few gigs here and there but never got into any routine with maybe practice once every 2 weeks. This coming year hoping to rectify that and starting by recording a few demos later this month. Really excited for a make or break year.

I've got on a terrible way of living the past year or so too. Booze and drugs have been probably the two most prominent things of the last year and two things that I want to cut out of this year. I was at one point smoking pot at least twice a week, that im changing. For 2013 i'm going off ALL drugs for good. It's not going to be easy. I'm cutting down on my booze intake. I've been drinking way too much and although it brings about good times, i'm going to try and have the same amount of fun without getting plastered every Friday/Saturday night.
Final resolution is to take the plunge on a chick i've always liked. I've been hooking up with random chicks over the past 6 months since my now-ex girlfriend left for University. I'm a sucker for relationships and need to get that part back and hopefully with this girl i've liked for a long, long time.

I'm 18 now and the thought of turning 19 is quite scary despite only being one year older, it just sounds like a lot more responsibility. Here's to 2013, let's hope it's a good one!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
asdf on 03/01/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 03 January 2013 02:01:01(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like 2012 was a successful year for us TRSG alumni.

I sucked it up and began playing music on stage. Played in a talent show and won 1st place. I started looking into colleges and found where I want to go. I kicked some ass in school and should be graduating soon (I'm ahead). I also made some serious effort and lost a total of 50lbs over the last 6 months of the year.

I mended fences with some old friends, among other things as well...so that's nice.

For 2013 I'm hoping to lose another 30 pounds or so. If I do that, I should be pretty much a sexy beast. I also want to finish up high school, get started in college, and get a job that I can handle along with all of that. And for the love of God I need to get a girlfriend.

I really want to see if I can get a band together. My cousin and I have been playing together and it sounds good, but it's still a bit empty. So that's on the agenda as well.

Woo hoo!

I see you Cody, so proud of you man :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
asdf on 03/01/2013(UTC)
#6 Posted : 03 January 2013 02:14:32(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

My goal for 2012 was to get my dancer's body back and I did :) So my goal for 2013 is to practice my flexibility and technique with my dancing. I've kind of lost my touch, especially with all the holiday eating, but a boy will be getting it back, you better believe that.

Another thing I accomplished was a healthy reunion with my whole family and reconciliation with my mother. My father is still totally out of the picture, but I'm ok with that.

I'm also mentally more stable and healthier than ever! I no longer suffer from depression nor need medication for anxiety and for my now used-to-be insomniac phases...totally gone. Matter of fact, I'm shamefully falling asleep too early now lol

I managed to take a lot of happy pictures of myself this year. I also noticed that in pictures that people take of me, I am smiling a whole lot more. I'm just a happier person in general.

My love life finally rocks too ;)

For 2013, I hope to continue all of this, and be more involved in the RP sections of this forums, because that's what I enjoy.

More importantly, I hope to open up more to world and show my talent, because I am far too shy and I need to prove that I too can be a cool banana in my very own way lol :P

Edited by user 03 January 2013 02:19:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
asdf on 03/01/2013(UTC), erich hess on 03/01/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 03 January 2013 03:17:06(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
2012 may not have been the end of the world. But my world certainly came to a crashing halt. My mother was Terribly sick for first part of the year. She died in April,and my wife mentally abandoned me a week after. We seperated in September,I still don't live in my own house anymore. Oddly 2012 was great in the money front. I finally got my shit together...just in time to lose it all to the Missus.

2013 will be the year of living to please me....or dismal failure when I finally move up north. Last week or so I,um met a woman,and she wants to see me again. She works in one of..."those" kinds of places. Who knows? Maybe it'll work. My goal for 2013? Not put a bullet through my head. Should be easy,I can only go up from where I am now.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 03/01/2013(UTC)
#8 Posted : 03 January 2013 03:28:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
2012 may not have been the end of the world. But my world certainly came to a crashing halt. My mother was Terribly sick for first part of the year. She died in April,and my wife mentally abandoned me a week after. We seperated in September,I still don't live in my own house anymore. Oddly 2012 was great in the money front. I finally got my shit together...just in time to lose it all to the Missus.

2013 will be the year of living to please me....or dismal failure when I finally move up north. Last week or so I,um met a woman,and she wants to see me again. She works in one of..."those" kinds of places. Who knows? Maybe it'll work. My goal for 2013? Not put a bullet through my head. Should be easy,I can only go up from where I am now.

Oh no :( I'm so sorry to hear that. This kind of thing is so unfortunate and difficult to deal with, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with all of that, to make matter worse in a short spaced amount of time. Believe it or not, you are very loved here and you bring a lot of smiles and laughter to people on this forum and that's important to us here. Even with what you've been through, you still manage to have such a bright spirit here on the forums. I know deep down that reflect the person you are as well, keep that in thought, and I know things will get better for you! Stay strong my friend!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/01/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 03 January 2013 03:36:44(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Thanks mr Daniel. That means a lot. Seriously this place has helped loads. Keeping my head occupied keeps me from dwelling on what's Been going on and I'd probably never get any sleep. I've met some great folks here,it makes me glad i stuck it out and didnt leave.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline genocidal king  
#10 Posted : 04 February 2013 08:32:23(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
So....we're on February now. How did everyone do with their New Year's resolutions throughout January?

Personally for me I have had: Zero cigarettes, zero units of alcohol and zero meat. I think that counts as 100% success. Only 11 more to go.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 05/02/2013(UTC)