logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 11/08/4747 07:32:36(UTC) TP  
#21 Posted : 01 August 2009 06:48:35(UTC)
TP

Groups: Registered
Man

forkboy wrote:
Well yeah, obviously you want "your" side in a war to win because the alternative could be truely terrifying. But what I'm saying is you shouldn't support your side just because they are going to lose, I mean, war is obviously serious business, lives are lost, so have to fight for what you believe in. And that belief is stronger in the Taliban members than it will be in members of the US military at the bottom level, simply because most of them aren't all that fussed about their sides cause (which is questionable in the first place), compared to the "enemy" who obviously feel very strongly about reinstating a theocracy in Afgahnistan.

I'm saying is that if you believe in a cause, support it. If you don't but your team does, don't stay on that team.
UserPostedImage

Singles Certified By BPI:

"Bats!" (Silver)UK
"Ballad of the Fallen" (Silver)UK
"Split Up" (Silver)UK (Silver)World

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Gildermershina  
#22 Posted : 02 August 2009 00:05:01(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
TP wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Well yeah, obviously you want "your" side in a war to win because the alternative could be truely terrifying. But what I'm saying is you shouldn't support your side just because they are going to lose, I mean, war is obviously serious business, lives are lost, so have to fight for what you believe in. And that belief is stronger in the Taliban members than it will be in members of the US military at the bottom level, simply because most of them aren't all that fussed about their sides cause (which is questionable in the first place), compared to the "enemy" who obviously feel very strongly about reinstating a theocracy in Afgahnistan.

I'm saying is that if you believe in a cause, support it. If you don't but your team does, don't stay on that team.

So, if you disagree with the war in Iraq, you should leave the country?
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#23 Posted : 02 August 2009 02:34:38(UTC)
TP

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
TP wrote:
forkboy wrote:

You first protest it to your group if you don't like it, if they still will, well, you can leave the country. It's when your team is experiencing a major catastrophe when you should leave if you don't want to take part, other than that, change a political party, or just don't support it. It's just one event over many that you is a negative.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Gildermershina  
#24 Posted : 02 August 2009 02:54:55(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
TP wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
TP wrote:
forkboy wrote:

You first protest it to your group if you don't like it, if they still will, well, you can leave the country. It's when your team is experiencing a major catastrophe when you should leave if you don't want to take part, other than that, change a political party, or just don't support it. It's just one event over many that you is a negative.

That's pretty much the worst idea I've ever heard.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#25 Posted : 02 August 2009 03:40:56(UTC)
TP

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
TP wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
TP wrote:
forkboy wrote:

That's pretty much the worst idea I've ever heard.

Okay you say it better! I'm just a little kid!
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline forkboy  
#26 Posted : 02 August 2009 05:54:37(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Well you could always stay and try to influence things for the better? Just an idea
#27 Posted : 02 August 2009 07:55:42(UTC)
TP

Man

forkboy wrote:
Well you could always stay and try to influence things for the better? Just an idea

-_- that's what I wrote first.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK