logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 11 July 2013 09:50:20(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
GET READY FOR MAGIE LENA IDENTITY

UserPostedImage

OUT NOW

Edited by user 24 October 2013 04:47:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 9 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 11/07/2013(UTC), kandii on 11/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/07/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/07/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/07/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/07/2013(UTC), Walton on 04/08/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 29/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 25 July 2013 06:57:13(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Make my walk
Recorded – October2012, L.A.
Genre – House, Hip Hop
Length – 3:35
Label – Liberation / Nomad
Writer(s) – Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart, mISTER_b
Producer(s) – mISTER_b, Avil Hartman

Background Information

The song is a mid tempo somber-but-hopeful ballad with electronic bass beat drops throughout it. With clean and loud vocals from Miss Magie Lena, it serves as an introduction for this singer who’s been working on her solo project ever since she left her former band two years ago.
It starts with ambient sounds mixed with bass beats on lower keys despite the clean and high vocals performed by Magie right in the begging of the song’s first verses. The bridge which drives the song to its chorus is a little faster than the actual verse of the song and it even get faster when the chorus is performed and right after the chorus there’s a break dance heavily influenced by hip hop and trip hop genres which is again stopped and slowed down to for the second verse of the song.
The structure of the song follows the direction described above, while on the verses of the song the key is low and the tone is slow, the bridge and chorus the key is high and the tone is fast. It’s an unusual dance pop song, not from the likes of what we’re used to listen on mainstream recently.
Overall it’s a smart choice for Magie to release it as a first single, she needed a song to introduce herself as a soloist that would take her apart from her times with her girl group, the song accomplishes this mission, its nothing we can relate to those times.
It was written by Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart who recently worked on Abie Lena’s album (Magie’s sister) and mISTER_b who remained with Magie’s team, he also produces the song but with the help of Avil Hartman, the new producer contracted by Liberation / Nomad which Magie is signed to work on pop music for its artists.
Lyrically the song is about starting from scratch, which by the way is what Miss Magei is trying to do by launching her solo career. The first lines of the song talks about the end of a journey that can’t be saved or restored, so Magie is mourning about the end of that very comfortable zone she was, later on the chorus she fins courage to make her walk by working hard and not giving up. In the second verse she even says that she was used to lean herself on someone else’s work to prospect her name, she was not used to work by herself and now she’s facing the situation where she must do things work for herself, otherwise no one else will make for her.
Magie plays it safe, the song has a pop structure to fit on all markets around the globe, but it also brings some kind of originality which will serve to keep Magie as a big star, like the ones who always push boundaries and tries to innovate on their sounds. The song will be available on all digital markets this Saturday and later Magie will be performing in on Goldies Awards on Sunday.

Lyrics

Quote:
How am I gonna solve it, when it’s about to start
It’s a wrecked ship drowning into the sea and I’m going far
Even I push it harder, we were lead to this murder
How am I gonna solve it, when it’s about to start

I surrender ‘cause I had lost, it's time for me to make my walk

Yeah it’s time to make my walk (time to lead my way)
I’m not gonna fall from grace
I’ll push and shove, I’ll work it out
I’ll make my star bright on space
From my throat I’ll sing it loud
And by myself I’ll shine, it’s time to make my walk

Just 'cause I was used to lean myself on you
And I could save my hands from the hard work too
I was fooled by the spotlights, you were fooled by my bright
So how am I gonna solve it, when it already start

I surrender ‘cause I had lost, it's time for me to make my walk

I’ll let go of me all vanities
There’s a long road ahead of me
And it’s time to make my walk

Sounds Like

Edited by user 25 July 2013 09:08:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 25/07/2013(UTC), erich hess on 25/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/07/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 25 July 2013 12:25:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: I'm loving the island feeling to this, it sounds really nice. Magie, you are so gorgeous and your voice is so unique! This is definitely a hit to my ears :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 25/07/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 25 July 2013 21:52:13(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Isabel: I'm loving the island feeling to this, it sounds really nice. Magie, you are so gorgeous and your voice is so unique! This is definitely a hit to my ears :)

Magie: You're too sweet Isabel, thank you so much for the compliments hopefully you'll enjoy the album when it comes out ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 27 July 2013 07:43:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Chloe: You look great Magie! And I am loving this track ;)

OOC: Nice work :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 14/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 31 July 2013 05:35:55(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Quote:
Magie Lena performs at the Goldies Awards

Alone in the stage is Magie when the song ‘Make My Walk’ starts to be played, she comes walking from the back of the stage singing the song first lines while the spotlight follows her all the way to the pedestal placed in the edge of the stage where she places her microphone and keep singing the song’s line.
Right at the pre-chorus of the song, a bunch of female dancers join the stage with Magie and when Magie sings the song’s chorus they both perform a very sexy hip hop inspired dance routine, which evolves robotic moves and belly dancing.

UserPostedImage

The dance routing takes over the performance when the song goes to its break dance moment, where Magie leaves the pedestal where she’s behind, to join the dancers in a fast moving routine. She goes back o the pedestal again when the song resumes to its second verse.
Magie sings the second strophe of the song just like she sung the first strophe, her vocal ability is really incredible despite her breathe control which is a little shaky due to the dancing.

UserPostedImage

Once again the chorus comes and the same routine dance is performed by Magie and her dancers till the break dance starts again and Magie join the dancers for another dance routine a bit different from the first moment they danced it.

UserPostedImage

The last verses of the song are sung by Magie on her former position behind the pedestals, her dancers accompanying, light effects and surreal imagery in the big led screen behind them. The visual of the performance reminds a futuristic city, where both Magie outfits and her dancers are basically, leather and sequins, the dancers have tattoos on their arms and Magie has a single long leave on her right arm.
The final chorus of the performance is sung while black soap bubbles surround Magie and her dancers and once Magie ends to sing the final chorus of the song, they perform another fast moving dance routine. This time Magie took place among her dancers for some twerk and sexy close movements, the performance ends with Magie in the center of the stage with her dancers with legs lifted beside her and silver paper falling from the roof of the stage.
Magie shakes her hands to the audience sending kisses and goodbyes and both her and her dancers leave the stage.

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 31/07/2013(UTC), Walton on 31/07/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2013(UTC), kandii on 31/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#7 Posted : 04 August 2013 05:59:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

'I bet you're all ready!'

UserPostedImage

SEPTEMBER
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Famouss7x7 on 04/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/08/2013(UTC), kandii on 04/08/2013(UTC), Walton on 04/08/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 04 August 2013 10:27:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hannah Beth: WOOOOOOOW! This definitely beats my 'Identity' ;) I can't wait to hear! You look so flawless.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Andre Gandra on 04/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#9 Posted : 10 August 2013 08:36:55(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Not a single word describes what I think of your latest single. Well maybe one does..... Perfection. I'm glad to have been at the Goldies to see you perform it too. That was a memorable moment for sure. Also looking forward to your album. If "Identity" is anything like Hannah Beth was then I'm excited! :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 12/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 12 August 2013 01:27:23(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Make My Walk
Magie Lena
Identity
Liberation/Nomad Records
Directed by: Ray Kay

The video starts with aerial shots of a big futuristic metropolis. The camera flies over the skyscrapers and all of the city lights which lights de dark night shinning brighter than the stars. The camera drown into the city to find Magie walking in some sort of led street which is lighted every time Magie steps on it, surrounded by skyscrapers and completely alone, she sings the whole first verse just walking with an uncertain expression on her face like if she didn’t know where she was going but she knows that she must keep going.

UserPostedImage

The chorus of the song receives a hip hop inspired dance routine with twerk! Magie is inside a big room which the video suggest to be inner a skyscraper of the futuristic city, she’s surrounded by dancers and together they perform a much elaborated sexy choreography. Magie has a monochromatic tattoo on her arm and so does the other singers, it’s sort of a sign seen in the scene where Magie was walking in the street of the metropolis, it’s sort of a symbol which represents the habitants of this city.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The scenes where Magie is walking and the aerial shots of the city are black and White, the only colored scenes are the ones where Magie is dancing with her dancers. And in the second verse of the song the switch between the dance routine scenes and the scenes where Magie is walking around the city are fast and frequent. While at the street Magie is looking a little more confident, the dance routine is a bit slower to accompany the rhythm of the song which slows down a bit when the verses of it are being sung. Before the second chorus starts a new scenery is added to the video, now Magie is inside a dome where there’s a fake forest inside of it, she’s wearing a green dress and top, smiling at the camera with her free hair over her shoulders.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The second chorus is another switch between the dance routine scene and the green forest scene, Magie looks on shape, blond and dancing like never before. In the break dance moments of the song, the routine is just twerk and Magie does it quite good for a Latin girl.
Overall the video looks very surreal and futuristic, the city, the led street, the room of the skyscraper the symbolism on the video which represents some sort of government and the forest inside the dome, sings of a post-apocalyptic civilization who needed to find ways to survived the new environments and even create artificial live like the forest to survive.
The final scene of the video it’s a close up on Magie’s face, on each scenery the video showed before, now with a smile on her face in all of the scenes, Magie winks to the camera to end the video. After the black scene the word Identity appears in the screen, which is the name of Magie’s debut album.

UserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 12/08/2013(UTC), Walton on 12/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/08/2013(UTC), kandii on 12/08/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/08/2013(UTC), erich hess on 12/08/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 12 August 2013 04:15:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Pixie: Futuristic is here! I loved it love, you looked absolutely stunning and your choreography was to die for ;) You'll have to teach me some of your moves one day. Give this fairy some rhythm hehe.

OOC: Great job on the video :) I always love your videos lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Andre Gandra on 14/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 14 August 2013 21:54:13(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Chloe: You look great Magie! And I am loving this track ;)

OOC: Nice work :P

Magie: Thank you so much Chloe, I loved your new track 'Started out in England', it's an incredible song!

OOC: Thank you ;)

Hannah Beth: WOOOOOOOW! This definitely beats my 'Identity' ;) I can't wait to hear! You look so flawless.

Magie: OMG, thank you sweetie, I can't wait for you to drop a new album too, I kind of remember when you first started out and that crazy wild fantastic music video you did! water + nature = Hannah the pop star ;)

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Not a single word describes what I think of your latest single. Well maybe one does..... Perfection. I'm glad to have been at the Goldies to see you perform it too. That was a memorable moment for sure. Also looking forward to your album. If "Identity" is anything like Hannah Beth was then I'm excited! :)

Magie: I see that influence of Hannah Beth in this album, so yes I think we can relate to her while listening to it. Thanks Kourtney, you're such a nice cool girl ;)

Pixie: Futuristic is here! I loved it love, you looked absolutely stunning and your choreography was to die for ;) You'll have to teach me some of your moves one day. Give this fairy some rhythm hehe.

OOC: Great job on the video :) I always love your videos lol.

Magie: Look who's talking, the girl from that INSANE video Reign! I mean that's an honor to receive such a compliment from such a creative and innovative star like you Pixie, thank you so much!

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 23 August 2013 06:21:40(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

The Meaning Behind ‘Identity

Magie Lena is back with her most recent single ‘Make My Walk’ in the top ten of both digital and airplay charts, she’s finally making her way, literally, for her so much expected solo career. It’s hard for a singer who experienced the stardom and high status of respected musician with a girl band before, to start from scratch trying to figure out its own musical identity and it seems that’s what she’s trying to do with this first debut album already called ‘Identity’.
She certainly didn’t look like the Magie we once saw, she’s not red head anymore and she’s not as white as she once was, we see this very blond tanned chick with a smoking hot body and sexy dance moves, if you haven’t notice she could dance like that, go and watch her debut music video! Within all of this diva look, there’s still remembrances of an old riot electronic red head chick, and we clearly perceive it on her lyrics. Instead of singing about sex or boys, she’s singing about fate and inspiring things.
Will she conquer her space among so many female singers fighting for success nowadays? Well Magie already tasted the ‘diva’ status, but now she’s on her own. Her fellow ElectroDeath member Julia is a diva of herself, well at least she got a couple of number ones so far. I say that Magie is on the right way, she’s going slow, step by step, not overhyping her sound or imagery, she didn’t give any interview so far and the only thing we know for sure is that September is the month she chooses to release her debut album.
What do we know about her debut album up until now? We almost don’t know anything yet despite it will be published by Liberation/Nomad Records, it has mISTER_b and Lilly Stuart writing and producing, it will have a duet with super diva Stephanie Fierce, it will be called Identity and that’s all. But I have a light at the end of the tunnel for Magie fans and the ones who are curious to listen to her debut music. There’s a single coming out next week which by the way names the album. The single ‘Identity’ was choose to serve as the second promotional song taken from the album who received the same name of the song and it’s not a coincidence, right from the start when Magie was working on the concept for the album, she decided to call it ‘Identity’ mainly, because she didn’t know what direction she would follow and that lack of decision was used as the main concept for the album.
There’s not a single word to describe the sound of the album, Magie worked on different electronic genres and she even fused hip hop and Latin music with it. Once the album was almost done she wrote the titled track of the album, she wanted to name a song with the name of the album and so ‘Identity’ – the song – was born and just like the album its lyrics synthesizes the meaning behind the word. Magie wants to encourage people to stick on their own identity with all the good and bad sides of it.
Subjects such as religion, sex, parties, discrimination, lies, betrayals, love, jealously, anger, hate loneliness, happiness, self-esteem and fame are all within the lyrics of the album and in a way to form Magie’s Identity. The big message Magie wants her fans to understand from this album is that we must be ourselves no matter what and we must not pay attention to what other people will think about our lives as long as we are honest and true to our own convictions, she even believes that no one if perfect but perfection is something we must look for our entire lives, only this thinking will lead us to a good path. So ladies and gentleman be welcomed to the Magie Lena’s world!

Quote:
Be Ready!

September 21st

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/08/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/08/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/08/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 29/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#14 Posted : 28 August 2013 23:11:41(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Identity - NEW SINGLE

Recorded – February 2013, UK.
Genre – EDM, Dance pop
Length – 3:45
Label – Liberation / Nomad
Writer(s) – Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart, mISTER_b, Aviil Hartman
Producer(s) – mISTER_b, Avil Hartman, Magie Lena, NoMo

Background Information

The EDM song which names Magie’s upcoming album was written and produced by Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart, who also signs the executive producer of the whole record, mISTER_b and Avil Hartman both producers of pop music, the first one being part of Magie Lena’s team and finally it was also produced by newbie DJ NoMo who contact Magie Lena while she was in the creative process of her upcoming album, he ended up producing a couple of tracks for her.

With an obscure dance pop beat, the song sounds very charming and chart friendly. It has a basic EDM structure mixed with synth pop and synthetizes. Magie’s voice sounds melodic and passionate, her vocal range is higher than other songs she sung before. The song has only one break dance moment which serves as an introduction to the final verse of the song and its climax end chorus.

Lyrically, it summarizes the whole idea the album is being directed too. It’s about searching its own identity and being true to itself no matter what people would say. Verses like ‘always trying to fit in’ and ‘being someone I couldn’t be’ just confirms the idea of not letting people tell you who you must to become. It’s almost an anthem and in the chorus of the song Magie even encourages people to shout its opinion to make the change on its life and to stop being so passive to social demands and rules with verses like ‘if you hold a shout, then raise your hands’ and ‘if you bore too far, then raise your hands’, it’s clearly the song was written from the perspective of someone who was very tired of being told what to do, could it reflect a moment of Magie Lena’s life? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t.

Magie decided to play on her field in this track, she’s been recognized as one of the precursors of the electronic music popularization which she started out with her former girl group a couple of years ago. So this track will lead us straight to those times except the song sounds a lot more approachable and commercial than anything she has done before and the connection of her old industrial sound doesn’t exist here.

The good point in the track is that Magie is not using the overrated dubstep other than that, she decided, probably guided by her managers and producers and that sounds so familiar once mISTER_b and Avil Hartman are credited as the main producers of the track, they know what’s succeeding in the charts recently and it’s not dubstep anymore.

Beyond the pop style the song bears, something that clearly takes Magie away from Electrodeath, the track also sounds more personal and raw, there is no political or social theme being discussed, despite the empowering lyrics we ca perceive that the song is being sung in first person’s perspective, this serves to get Magie’s fans closer to her own personal feelings and experiences, so hopefully the album will follow this line. It’s a good track, good enough to bring Magie her first number one as a soloist, maybe.

Lyrics

Quote:
When I’m looking to the mirror
I can see scars in my soul
I’ve lived, I’ve learned
And they’re there to remind me
I’ve lived, I’ve learned
I know there’s no denying

I’m right to say, I survived
And now I’m out of any disguise
I’ll show, I’ll show to you my identity
I’ll show, I’ll show

If you’re hurting then raise your hand
If you’re crying then raise your hand
We must to stand, we must to demand
Fighting for a chance, fighting for a change

If you hold a shout then raise your hand
If you bear too long, then raise your hand

No I don’t need to change me
No you don’t need to love me
I’m good, I’m fine
As long as I’m honest
I’m good, I’m fine
I quitted all promises

Always trying to fit in
Being someone I couldn’t be
I’ll show, you’ll know my truly identity
You’ll know, you’ll know

Oh yeah

I’m setting me free
You’ll know I can be
It’s my identity
It’s my identity

I’m not gonna hide
You’ll know I survived
It’s my identity

Oh yeah

(Show yourself, don’t need to be in a shell)

Sounds Like

Edited by user 29 August 2013 22:16:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 28/08/2013(UTC), Walton on 29/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 29 August 2013 11:37:57(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

The single is out This Sunday, don't forget to download your copy!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#16 Posted : 24 October 2013 04:47:02(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Be truth to yourself!

'Hi guys, I’m here to speak straight to my beloved fans due to the cancelation of the further releases I had planned to for this year. Since ElectroDeath was over, I’m trying to figuring out what’s the path I wanted to follow as musician and it’s been already two years now and still I don’t feel like I’m being honest with myself. This entire year I spent recording and producing and writing with a bunch of producers and musicians and I still feel like I’m not ready to release any of that stuff yet. I tried a couple of months before to schedule a date for an album and even released two singles which went quite well on the charts thanks to your support and love but that music was not representing me as a person.
I feel so ashamed to reveal that, but I got in a point where I found myself trapped and away from my own musical visions. I have a lot to apologize with my record label, my managers and producers and even fellow musician friends who accepted to work with me in this project but unfortunately I’m canceling everything.
I can’t deliver something that does not represent me, I belong to electronic music and that’s the path I choose to follow and nobody can take me away from that path anymore. If I am ever gonna release a solo career I have to be truth to myself. I was instructed by a team I had hired to try to become some sort of a ‘pop diva’, and in the fantasy of that idea I decided to go with it and tried my best to fit in that position.
I was lying to myself, I was lying to my fans and I was even lying to that team that I hired to administrate my career, I will never be a pop singer, I belong to hardcore EDM, and despite it is a genre in evidence nowadays, I can’t mix any other genre with it and Im’ sorry if I ever made anyone in this world believe in that.
The fact is that all the songs I’ve recorded up until now are not gonna be released anytime soon, I’m back at the studio all by myself, trying to figure out what really represents me as a singer. I don’t know how much time it will take for me to find my place in music but as soon as I find this place, I’m gonna tell to you.
I really hope you guys will understand my point, I apologize for any expectation I had made you guys feel, and I’ll never forgive myself for being someone I was not, so the message I want you guys to take from me is ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF. Being said that I ask your patience once more and by the time I feel comfortable with the music I’m making, I’ll deliver it straight to you.'

With love and respect - Magie Lena

Edited by user 24 October 2013 04:53:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 24/10/2013(UTC), Walton on 26/10/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 26/10/2013(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#17 Posted : 26 October 2013 03:08:24(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Sonyae: You're right Magie. Always be true to yourself. It's sad to see that you won't be coming out with any new album yet but at least you're staying true to yourself. Continue doing you mama!
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 26/10/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#18 Posted : 26 October 2013 03:16:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: I think it is very powerful and beautiful to see you opening up to your fans like that. It is always believe that staying true to yourself is important, so good to hear you didn't lose your dignity in the process of hiring a new team, I know that ca be rough, but It's all understandable! Looking forward to the solo stuff! Keep your head up girl :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 26/10/2013(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#19 Posted : 29 October 2013 06:34:36(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: After all the amazing music Magie, I'm so thrilled doll to pick up this album. You are the voice, the lyrics, the life. I enjoy you so much. Congratz on all the success my dear, you deserve it. Be epic baby.

UserPostedImage