logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 04 August 2013 21:28:22(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Single : Not Waiting Any Longer
From Album : In Our Youth
Artist : Mi•Mi
Release Date : August 4th , 2013
Recorded : July 8th , 2013 – July 23rd , 2013
Genre : K-Pop , R&B pop
Label : Five Pesky Kids
Written by : Mi Sun Kim , Mi Kyung Lee and Airemese Smith
Produced by : Scott RH and Buzz & Hype
Length : 3:43

Music Description
Not Waiting Any Longer , starts off with almost like the sound of sirens , a shower running , and then a dial tone . Next thing you hear is the beat rolling in and then over it Miki kind of whispering something , almost like a voice mail she is leaving , to say goodbye to someone . You don't fully hear it because it is muffled but the two plan for it to be heard in the music video . A drum plays loud enough to almost be considered as playing the roll of a 'bass drop' because right after , it stops and then a saxophone comes in while Misu and Miki vocalize . This happens for a few seconds until Misu finally begins to sing . She sings the first verse softly , and at a neutral point . It's not Mariah Carey high and it's not Beyonce low . It's that perfect amount and still has a lot of power in it but staying soothing . Every now and then you hear Miki come in , in a deep voice . Except for when the part |( They don't just open up ) You have to spread your wings to fly , | . Every other part where she barges in is right before Misu sings , but that one is sung at the same time . Miki sings this one in a higher voice and kind of has fun with it as Misu starts to sing the last 2 parts in a stronger voice . Right then the two begin to sing the chorus together . Misu in a soprano voice while Miki is in an alto voice . It now becomes clear who hits all the high notes and does the riffs ( A.K.A. is the leader ) , which is Misu . Miki's alto voice echos in , alone , as the , | ( Younger , younger , younger ) | , part comes in . In the second part of the chorus you begin to notice that Misu's voice gets a little higher around certain parts such as ; | More to worry about | , and | Stress and fear | . Their voices both calm down in the line , | Because I'm in my youth and I'm not getting and younger | and then by herself in a calm tone , Misu sings | So I'm not waiting any longer | . Immediately after that , Miki begins to start to rap her lyrics in a somewhat of a soothing voice . In the background you hear almost like a choir vocalizing but then they stop just as Misu joins in , singing the same lyrics over Miki rapping . At that same time the once stopped beat comes back in . Everything goes perfect together , starting with the perfect harmony the song has with Misu singing highly over Miki's rap . But again it isn't too high but it's not deep , just that perfect amount, with like said before , power with a smoothing touch . Just as the last line is sung by Misu , she drags , | Worth it ... | and takes the | it | a lot higher as the chorus starts back up again , with barely any changes from before , just Misu adlib vocalizing over the chorus a lot . Just as it ends , you begin to hear nothing but a piano and soon enough the beat kicking in . This definitely gives the song that pop feeling , with that perfect dose of R&B . That plays out for a while just and Misu finally begins to sing again , slowly building up to where she blows and the beat completely kicks back in . Not soon after Miki joins in and sings a little . In the background you can hear the vocalizing from earlier before in the song as they continue . Finally , after vocalizing and what not , Misu says the last line in a very calm voice and the song ends .

Lyrics Description
Overall this song is about moving on to better things . It has been referred to as more of a ' K-Pop ' version to Yasmine's
Proposition . It kind of is except for the meaning behind the lyrics aren't as ' depressive ' as Kiambang's . Whilst Proposition was telling a story of being trapped in life by hope and at the end finally being free , Not Waiting Any Longer is more focused on the part where you free yourself and saying bye to the ones you have to leave behind . But at the end of the day , both are somewhat against the saying , " Good things come to those who wait . " Which is phrase extolling the virtue of patience . Airemese Smith ( One of the writers for Not Waiting Any Longer ) and Yasmine Kiambang explained that both songs aren't against the patience part , just the part where no action is taken and leaves you in a life that you don't want to be in . That becomes evident from the first few lines when Misu kind of gives advice , explaining that sometimes you have to wait out the bad in your life because things won't always be perfect . The lyrics present that in a funny way , making most of Miki's parts in the first verse have double meanings . | They say good things come to those who wait
Sometimes you're just supposed to stay ...
| ( Put ) Up with the pain just for the gain . | In Miki's first part there is a double meaning between what Misu sings before and what's Misu sings after . Though she only says one word , it finishes the first line of the song which was explaining that patience is a must and starts the next which explains there's always going to be a point in life when you have to deal with stress ( Because at the end of the day what matters is the way you deal with it . ) and then the next line assuring you that things will get bad and going into a new topic saying because the good things in life , you'll just never know when which is said in the lines : | ( It'll come ) Maybe tomorrow if not today . | . Here's where the difference from Yasmine's single comes in . | But sometimes you have to start over in life , | You have to actually put in work this time . | ( They don't just open up ) | You have to spread your wings to fly , | Even if it's hard to say goodbye . | While
Proposition goes on in the song to explain how we all hold ourselves back in life , this song just simply tells us how to free ourselves from ourselves . | It took years of saving up , but I'm not waiting any longer | Got a ticket on that bus , now I'm a goner | I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ... ( Younger , younger , younger ) | Even though I have my doubts , I'm getting out of here | I got more to focus on than just stress and fear | Because I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ... | So I'm not waiting any longer . | Then it then goes on in the chorus to telling a story about freeing themselves and not letting anything holding them back , saying even though it took some time and work ( Mental growth , spiritual growth , physical growth , and/or just simply more money ) , Misu and Miki are now ready to go on in life and achieve the dreams that they have always had . Misu and Miki are now 18 and when they were children they were kind of pushed into modelling and so now that they are older , they made a decision to try out a singing career to see how it goes . So even though they haven't had much struggle in their life , it is very easy for them to relate to this song . Then they continue saying that they have doubts and they are scared but they have so much more to do with their life than to just worry all the time and so they are definitely going to go through with this leap of faith . That's when verse 2 , which is Miki's rap , goes on to be more of a conversation between her and somebody who is doubting her . She keeps telling them to stop wasting their breath on trying to stop her because no matter what they say , she is going to take that leap . | To you it might be irrational , but to me it makes perfect sense . | And I admit it . Maybe it is a little confusing , | Now Miki starts to explain how she could understand why no one else would understand , because she doesn't even fully understand herself . | But I'm just ambiguous | Whoops , I mean ambitious , with ambitions | That probably say a lot about who I am and what I'm becoming | Molding , into something imperfect | Just to make myself worth it ... | Now she starts saying how she and everything she does is confusing but she is always determined to do anything once she puts her mind to it and then goes on to saying that it must tell a lot about who she is and explains how she isn't doing this to become a perfect person because she knows she will never be , but simply accepting all of her flaws to make herself worth it . Then it cuts to the chorus and goes back to telling the story of how/why they are moving on after in the second verse explaining why they're not going to give up on this life long dream . They go on to say the same thing in the outro , and even direct quotes from the chorus just when in a calm and assuring voice , Misu sings | I'm going to rise to the top . | , showing that even after saying they have many doubts and knows how confusing it sounds , that they firmly believe they will achieve all success by stating it with an I am , instead of the basic , I think I am .

Misu
Miki
Both

[Intro]
Woo-hooo , hoo hoo
Woo-hooo , hoo hoo
Woo-hooo , hoo hooo

Woo-hooo , hoo hoo
Woo-hooo , hoo hoo
Woo-hooo , hoo hooo

[Verse 1]
They say good things come to those who wait
Sometimes you're just supposed to stay ...

( Put ) Up with the pain just for the gain .
( It'll come ) Maybe tomorrow if not today .
But sometimes you have to start over in life ,
You have to actually put in work this time .

( They don't just open up ) You have to spread your wings to fly ,
Even if it's hard to say goodbye .

[Chorus]
It took years of saving up , but I'm not waiting any longer
Got a ticket on that bus , now I'm a goner
I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ...
( Younger , younger , younger )
Even though I have my doubts , I'm getting out of here
I got more to focus on than just stress and fear
Because I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ...

So I'm not waiting any longer .

[Verse 2]
Don't try to stop me ,
Don't try to talk me ... out of it .
Because I'm not listening ,
I'm going through with this .
To you it might be irrational , but to me it makes perfect sense .
And I admit it . Maybe it is a little confusing ,

But I'm just ambiguous
Whoops , I mean ambitious , with ambitions
That probably say a lot about who I am and what I'm becoming
Molding , into something imperfect
Just to make myself worth it ...

[Chorus]
It took years of saving up , but I'm not waiting any longer
Got a ticket on that bus , now I'm a goner
I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ...
( Younger , younger , younger )
Even though I have my doubts , I'm getting out of here
I got more to focus on than just stress and fear
Because I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ...

So I'm not waiting any longer .

[ Instrumental Interlude ]

[Outro]
I don't ... wan-ta wait ... long-er !
No no ... yea yea yea , yea .
I'm not , I'm not , I'm not going to wait longer ...

Because I'm in my youth baby .
I'm going to rise to the top .

Edited by user 05 August 2013 14:42:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/08/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/08/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 05/08/2013(UTC), Walton on 05/08/2013(UTC), erich hess on 06/08/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/08/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 05 August 2013 09:58:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: The chorus is super catchy! :) Great lyrics, you definitely have become a top lyricist on this forum. I had to highlight it though because the colors were too bright lol but it all looks great.

Pixie: Ahhhhhh!!! KPop! One of my weaknesses :) You girls are so cute and lovely, this song is such a sweet tune! I love it soooo much. I cannot wait to hear more from you girls.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 05/08/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 05 August 2013 14:44:57(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

OOC : Thank you ! And oops , my bad . Did the bold help lol ?

Misu : Aww , thank you thank you thank you !
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2013 14:47:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Ooc: Ooh yes lord lol. I'z can see now.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 05/08/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#5 Posted : 05 August 2013 17:03:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott RH: Knew this would be a hit as soon as we started working on it. Top work! ;)

OOC: Really liked this, especially the way you've done the description :) Really nice work and it makes the song a lot easier to understand and picture :)
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 05 August 2013 17:17:35(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Miki : We're so glad you chose us ! People have to work for years before/if they even get to work with people like you and B&H , and so we just feel so lucky ... and special lol .

Misu : Thanks a lot for the help and support , Scott . We really appreciate it !

OOC : Thank you :)

OOC : @Tequila you need some help lol !
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/08/2013(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 05 August 2013 17:28:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Oscar: Glad to have you on board at Pesky :) Love a bit of K-Pop myself!

OOC: Excellent work here :) Love how detailed the description is.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 05 August 2013 17:39:36(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Miki : Ooh , Misu ... Isn't that you're dream boy ?

Misu : What ? No ! Shh ... stop talking ! Thank you , Oscar lol . We're glad to be apart of the team !

Miki : Yep ... But more her than me .

OOC : Thank you !
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 06 August 2013 12:37:41(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erica:*narrowing her eyes and cleaning her nails with a knife* i was all ready to meet you in the parking lot and....well,things woulda got unpleasant. but you two are super great!

nina:by unpleasant,she probably means awkwardly hitting on you.

erica:i would not!

nina:well we know you didnt mean physical injury,love.

erica: they dont have junk in the trunk like you,so stand a fighting chance.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 06/08/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 06 August 2013 22:54:54(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Misu : e.e ... You again . - Hisses and then laughs -

Miki : o.o What in the world ?

Misu : Thank you ! And we have lots of junk in our trunk ! We just haven't got to debut it yet !!
erich hess on 06/08/2013(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#11 Posted : 06 August 2013 22:57:01(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: this song is super catchy, K pop is a awesome genre :)

OOC - Really like this it's super catchy and great description :)
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 06 August 2013 23:15:17(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Misu : And just for that , you're an awesome person :D

OOC : Thank you !
Offline erich hess  
#13 Posted : 06 August 2013 23:22:02(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erica:misu and miki,we have got to hang out sometime. i've never been hissed at before,and it feels right!

nina:i've been pissed at. total misunderstanding on THAT set. when asked to shoot a shower scene,people might want to make sure certain words are NOT LEFT OUT,LOVE!

erica:.....god,you're fucking nasty.

nina:i didnt stay,i punched the guy in the balls and stormed off.

erica:suddenly,it all seems so much better now. *rolls eyes*
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
kandii on 07/08/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 09 August 2013 00:57:32(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Misu : Hmm , maybe we should one day . And eww ! On a set ? You were a model too ?

Miki : No Misu , I think she's talking about another set ...

Misu : Oh you were an actor ?

Miki : You're getting close ...
erich hess on 09/08/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 09 August 2013 01:25:45(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Nina: yes...an actress. Of sorts.

Erica: she did all of her own stunts,misu. She is amazing!

Nina: ok,loves. Lets stop. Nobody needs to know anymore.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
kandii on 09/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#16 Posted : 10 August 2013 07:41:51(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: This song is so...... FREAKING AWESOME!! Nice work girls.

Ooc: Great job with the description and lyrics. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline kandii  
#17 Posted : 10 August 2013 08:41:14(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Misu : Oh my gosh , it's Kourtney ! Lol , thank you soo much !! It means a lot !!!

OOC : Thank you :)
Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)