logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#1 Posted : 26 August 2013 03:43:59(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: August 25, 2013
Format: Digital download
Genre: Pop, House
Length: 4:08
Label: Titanic Records
Writer(s): Kourtney Steele, Sunny Monroe

Song Description:
A house-inspired dance track with a synth riff that’s reminiscent of Kelly Clarkson‘s “Catch My Breath” and a throbbing backbeat, it’s a little sad but also optimistic. Driven by a high-energy, synth-laden track, "In My Head" unearths another side of Steele's vocals, the side that's fully capable of commanding a large-scale pop record, and the kind that can be a smash in the club. As the song's thumping bass line drives it forward, Steele confesses that she's got it bad for a dude, and he's always on her mind: "You're always in my head / But it's nothing that you said/ You've got a piece of me/ I don't worry when you leave/ Took me by surprise/ But this love is justified/ You're never gone too far /In my head or in my heart." 'In My Head' is Europop with an edge starting off quite pretty and ballad-like, building with a beat in the verse leading to the dirty electro sound of the chorus. It’s one of those rare songs that would sound right at home on the radio but is cool and edgy enough that the hipsters won’t be embarrassed to sing along to it. Granted, it would be hard to sing it as well as Steele does. Her enchanting, effortless voice increases in strength as the beats increase in intensity. Adding Eilidh Greene into the mix, with her powerhouse vocals, just proves how much of a genius both Steele and Munroe are. Maybe there's still hope for music yet. In the meantime, go pick up Steele's third single, available only on iTunes now!

Songwriter's Comments:
"For this song, I wanted to go in a new direction since the previous songs that I did were all dance-pop and pop influenced. 'In My Head' still has the pop influence a bit but I added in a new element this time with the house inspired track. I think that many people won't expect that from me so it means a lot to be doing something that's different from what I'm use to. I remember writing this on the tour bus back when I was doing my radio promo tour a few months ago, and just opening up and letting the lyrics pour out onto the page. I can't really imagine a time when it was that easy for me but I'm glad that the writing process for this song was just that, easy. I've truly fell in love with this song and can't wait to share it with all my fans. I hope that they'll be happy with the new direction that I've taken and come to enjoy the message in the song. I think it's a great summer song and hopefully people will agree. Working with Sunny was the absolute best because she's so great at what she does. She sits down with you and listens to your ideas and then thinks up her own to incorporate them both. I adore her for that because not that many producers and songwriters take your best interest into consideration. When you're working with Sunny, you're working with the best and I hope that many artist will get the honor to work with her someday. I was also lucky enough to work with Eilidh on this track. There's just so many positives things that I can say about her but I'm going to try and keep this short. She has a great voice that is to die for. I don't think that many people know that she sings but I'm glad to be the one to spread the word. When people hear this song, they're going to wonder why she's never pursued music until now. I'm beyond thrilled to have been the first to do a collaboration with her and I thank both her and Sunny for helping me turn 'In My Head' into perfection." - xoxo Kourtney

"Hi everyone! I did a song and it was so much fun. I had to go behind this glass thing and then there was music and I was singing to it even though I couldn't see anyone who was playing it. It was funny because the man on the other side of the glass kept banging his head on the table. He said I shouldn't talk before the red light went off....but I had finished singing. That man was silly and funny. When the song was done we got to have a Coke and listen to it and it was really good, and I like to dance to it when I hear it, but they told me I can't let anyone else hear it yet so shhhhh... My new friend Kourtney is the one who does the song and sings all of most of it when I wasn't singing. She was the best person there and she helped me when I couldn't understand some parts of the song. She is really cool and nice and sweet to me and also she is the best singer I ever heard and I hope she gets all the number ones for all her songs because she was the best. She let me do my first song too and I thought I would never get to do one so it was really great and fun and I feel like a famous now! I hope I get to do another one some time in my life because music is cool and so is Kourtney and so is this song." - Eilidh Greene

purple=Kourtney red=Eilidh Black=All
"In My Head"

Love is so unpredictable
Split second 'til it leaves you blind,
But together we shine bright
Tonight I feel irresistible
So excited that you're mine,
Yeah, together we shine bright

Look at us, look at us
Growing like miracles
We make love, we make love
Seem so believable
Nothing tough, in the end
We made it so reachable

You're always in my head
But it's nothing that you said
You've got a piece of me
I don't worry when you leave
Took me by surprise
But this love is justified
You're never gone too far
In my head or in my heart

Love is so unpredictable

Look at us, look at us
Growing like miracles
We make love, we make love
Seem so believable
Nothing tough, in the end
We made it so reachable

You're always in my head
You've got a piece of me
Took me by surprise

Love is so unpredictable

You're always in my head
You've got a piece of me
Took me by surprise

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 26 August 2013 03:44:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 9 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 26/08/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 26/08/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/08/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/08/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 26/08/2013(UTC), kandii on 26/08/2013(UTC), erich hess on 26/08/2013(UTC), Walton on 28/08/2013(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 26 August 2013 04:09:28(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Dustyn: YAY! I love Kourtney, all her songs is great and to add my bestest friend Eilidh to the track is just wonderfulness with extra wonder on top!

OOC: Excellent work on this :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 26/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/08/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 26 August 2013 04:13:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: I told you Sunny was a genius! :) You two make an excellent trio. Eilidh, your vocals are soooo amazing in this song, I'm literally in awe. I never knew you could sing like that, you have some serious lungs! You two made a killer collab!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 26/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 26 August 2013 07:08:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Gemma: Love hooow fabulous and catchy this is ladies ;) The perfect pop jam! Loving it.

OOC: Love the lyrics and the sound alike, this is great !
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#5 Posted : 26 August 2013 09:35:59(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
erica: my heiny is officially in the shaking position.

nina:is that what that is,love? i thought you needed to go to the store...for some of those lady things.

erica:eew! i do not have those! im on the pill.

nina:for what? in case natalya turns into a man overnight?! wasting money,love.

erica: hey,if Jurassic park taught us anything? its nature finds a way.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#6 Posted : 28 August 2013 14:49:00(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Ellie-Grace: I'm eager to find out who's this guy Kourtney has it bad for lol ;) lol :P Well.. I just have to admit that I have it bad for this song. Really catchy and I love how you show just how strong your voice is Kourt! Eilidh too!

OOC: I really admire how well everything is laid out and organized. Like, the single cover, the font, everything. It's really put together well and it's definitely a standout RP! The lyrics are great too by the way. :)
thanks 2 users thanked Walton for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/08/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 01/09/2013(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#7 Posted : 28 August 2013 15:17:09(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd:This was so good I give my first review to a pop song. How am I going to do rap now when this song is going to be stuck in my head. Damn, it terrible in a good way. I need to listen to some hardcore gangsta rap to get my mind off this song.

OOC: It really was good, the pick in song, the catchy lyrics, is it weird I really got the song stuck in my head. Good job.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 28 August 2013 23:28:22(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: Nice work, the lyrics are so fresh and sweet and the sound is very girly, I don't know, it raised my feminism.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.