logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 02 October 2013 09:42:51(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Single : Bless Me ft. Stephanie Fierce
From Album : This Is Yasmine
Artist : ( Originally Stephanie Fierce ) Yasmine
Release Date : October 2nd , 2013
Recorded : June 5th , 2013 – June 20th , 2013
Genre : Indie Rock , Indie Folk
Label : N/A
Written by : ( Hook by Stephanie Fierce ) Yasmine Kiambang
Produced by : Stephanie Fierce
Length : 4:17

The original ' Bless Me ' was a single released by Stephanie Fierce on May 12th , 2013 . It obtained great success and received much praise from critics as once again Stephanie Fierce pulled out the Folk-Rock card on everybody and used it to slay all . For weeks following the release it topped many charts worldwide and when it didn't , kept the spot right under 1 all to itself . Now 4 months later , new Indie Folk/Rock/Pop artist , Yasmine , has taken all by surprise and released a remix to the controversial song as a single and has somehow found a way to pile on to the controversy the song created .

The topic seems like it should be the main thing Yasmine should be trying to avoid ever since everybody freaked out over the meaning behind the first half of the lyrics to ' Losing My Religion ' , which was supposed to be the single Yasmine released instead of this one . Even though at the end of the song everything calms down as she comes to her senses about ' giving it up ' to her lover because she felt insecure about him cheating on her , a lot of people in the Muslim community found it a little inappropriate . Can you imagine how they will feel about this one ?

The original song was written and composed by Stephanie Fierce . The song was about the lust and desire of a lonely woman and how a one night stand made her want to keep coming back for more . The lyrics were written artistically ( and controversially ) as the song started off to seem as if she was asking for forgiveness when pleading ,
" Bless me , bless me . " and then turned out to have a sexual play on the words . Yasmine's version of ' Bless Me ' flipped things around a little and made the meaning of the pun much deeper . This version almost has 2 meanings . At first it seems to be a song about a girl being addicted to a man she knows is no good for her and wants forgiveness and redemption but admits that it may not even work knowing how she's so hooked on him . But it's only when you really think about the lyrics and then think about the original ' Bless Me ' you begin to understand what exactly Yasmine means . The song's actual meaning ( in fewer words ) could be compared to that of Jazmine Sullivan's ' In Love With Another Man ' . In this song a girl is torn between 2 men , a guys who most likely treats her right and a guy who treats her wrong . Though the main detail about this is that she loves the good guy and lusts for the bad one and since right now she feels like she's at her lowest , she gives the good guy one more chance to ' bless her ' , saying things like , | I must think you're a fool | This crosses all of your rules | and | See if one try helps | Attempt to unblur these lines | and to top it all off , | And if I let him back in | You can shut me out | . She explains her situation with the bad guy with the lyrics , | Only took a dose ; a drop of poison | Then I ... craved for more | and even described herself as an addict by using the malay word for it , penagih . And she also lays out her situation with the good guy with , | On my knees again , crawling back from him | Just like they swore I would , just like you said I would | and | So though I'm here on all fours | I'll be at his door | . She refers to the good guy as you and the bad guy as him .

The composition of Yasmine's version doesn't change a bit from the original . The music of the song wasn't tampered with and Yasmine's heavenly , monotonic voice keeps the flow of the song . Yasmine sings these lyrics in that broken voice that seems captures everyone and it is perfect for the lyrics , letting them sink into the listeners mind as the music accompanies it . Stephanie features on the remix , singing the hook and even pops in at the end of the third verse . Though this may seem like an odd collaboration , containing an Indie artist and an R&B icon , the two's voices work together perfectly in the song . The moaning of Stephanie Fierce , the angelic voice of Yasmine and the twisted lyrics all playing along with the mix of instruments , consummate the remix , giving you trance like feel every time you listen to it .

Yasmine
Stephanie Fierce
Both

[Verse 1]
On my knees again , crawling back from him
Just like they swore I would , just like you said I would
Only took a dose ; a drop of poison
Then I ... craved for more

[Hook]
Bless Me, Bless Me
Oh oh, oh oh
Bless Me, Bless Me
Oh oh, oh oh

[Verse 2]
Now I'm his ... penagih
Set to the highest level of pethaticity
So though I'm here on all fours
I'll be at his door

[Hook]
Bless Me, Bless Me
Oh oh, oh oh
Bless Me, Bless Me
Oh oh, oh oh

Oh

[Verse 3]
I must think you're a fool
This crosses all of your rules
But just look in my eyes
See the pity inside
All those times I wept
And all those sinful nights
See if one try helps
Attempt to unblur these lines

Keep the demons out,
Give me mouth to mouth.

And if I let him back in
You can shut me out

[Bridge]
( But for now ) Bless me, Bless me, oh.
Bless me, Bless me, oh.
(Bless me ...)
Bless me, Bless me, oh. (Me, me, me, me...)
Bless me, Bless me, oh.

I just thought you might ...

[Hook]
Bless Me, Bless Me
Oh oh, oh oh
Bless Me Bless Me
Oh oh, oh oh

Original Song

Edited by user 03 October 2013 12:30:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Walton on 02/10/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 02/10/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/10/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/10/2013(UTC), erich hess on 02/10/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/10/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 02 October 2013 10:11:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: There's nothing more flattering that having someone do a cover for you. It's not the first time this has been done, but I feel really humbled Don't ever ask to cover one of my songs ever again, just go right ahead and do it! Because that's how much I loved it! You made this song your own and I genuinely enjoyed listening to it, and not just because it is my song!

OOC: Great job, I liked how everything came out, thank you so much :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
kandii on 02/10/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 02 October 2013 12:06:16(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: There's nothing more flattering that having someone do a cover for you. It's not the first time this has been done, but I feel really humbled Don't ever ask to cover one of my songs ever again, just go right ahead and do it! Because that's how much I loved it! You made this song your own and I genuinely enjoyed listening to it, and not just because it is my song!

OOC: Great job, I liked how everything came out, thank you so much :)

Yasmine : Wow , thank you soo much Stephanie ! I mean , all thanks goes to you anyone for making such an amazing song in the first place ! I was honored to remix your song and I'm so happy that you actually like it !

OOC : Thank you and again , kudos to you for making the song in the first place !
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 02/10/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 03 October 2013 09:29:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post

Yasmine : Wow , thank you soo much Stephanie ! I mean , all thanks goes to you anyone for making such an amazing song in the first place ! I was honored to remix your song and I'm so happy that you actually like it !

Stephanie Fierce: I have a request though! I one day want us to sing the song together! My fans have been asking me on twitter, so we need to make that happen!

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
kandii on 03/10/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 04 October 2013 07:48:07(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Stephanie Fierce: I have a request though! I one day want us to sing the song together! My fans have been asking me on twitter, so we need to make that happen!

Yasmine : I would love to ! Contact me anytime ! My schedule is all free as long as you need me lol .
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 04 October 2013 07:54:35(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: loved the original but I love this to very different but in a very good way love
love it ;)

OOC - nice artwork ;) well done
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
kandii on 04/10/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/10/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 04 October 2013 08:04:32(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: loved the original but I love this to very different but in a very good way love
love it ;)

OOC - nice artwork ;) well done

Yasmine : Thank you Amy-Jayne ! Glad you like it . I was really worried about what some people might say about it .

OOC : Thanks !