logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#21 Posted : 12 October 2013 01:53:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Pixie: Yes, love ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Moquel  
#22 Posted : 12 October 2013 01:59:54(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: I came to the fucking rescue when I heard this song. I was just LIVINGGGGGG for this record doll. It makes me feel so good that you created sex and made into dance. You are just brillant, you are very special talent my doll. I love this album already. I will be pre-ordering doll.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#23 Posted : 12 October 2013 04:37:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post
Radio: I came to the fucking rescue when I heard this song. I was just LIVINGGGGGG for this record doll. It makes me feel so good that you created sex and made into dance. You are just brillant, you are very special talent my doll. I love this album already. I will be pre-ordering doll.

Pixie: Thank you love! I'm so happy you love the track, I can't wait for everyone to hear the rest, it's truly magical ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#24 Posted : 12 October 2013 04:39:57(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: absolutely in love with the album so far your song are so varied and unique I love them ;)

OOC - amazing job with this so far Pixie is one of my favorite characters ;)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#25 Posted : 14 October 2013 08:14:31(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Released: November 5th, 2013
Format: Digital Download,
Recorded: 2013 in Helsinki, Finland
Genre: Dance pop
Length: 3:46
Label: Titanic Records
Writer(s): Pixie Love, mISTER_b
Producer(s): mISTER_b

|Song Background + Description|

Trance is a song by Finnish singer Pixie Love from her debut american album, Imagine. The song was written by Pixie and mISTER_b, who has worked with several pop stars in the past, including Isabel. It was also produced by mISTER_b as well. A dance song with influences of pop and electronic music genres, "Trance" is a song about the power of love, with Pixie telling how one can overcome darkness by seeing the light in love.

The track was originally meant for Pop singer, Isabel Merjos, but she turned it down and it was offered to Pixie. She listened to the beat and immediately began writing lyrics for it. Her and mISTER_b would begin to have long writing sessions with one another until it was finally created and she then started recording it. Pixie's vocals are almost what you wouldn't expect in the dance song but with influences of trance, she keeps the same monotony in her voice, giving for a nice groove in the beat. The lyrics are inspirational and encourage the listener to let go of their innocence and follow the trance. The song begins with a keyboard start before turning into and '80s-inspired dance-pop number, leading into Pixie's soft yet monotone vocals. She encourages the listener to shake off the darkness and find the star in the sky which connects us to someone else, suggested by lyrics such as, 'If darkness took over your mind/And loneliness embraces your life/You just have to shake it off/Even though you’d still feel lost'. With the song still building up, her vocals make no change even when she gets into the chorus of the song which tells the listener to let go of their innocence, even if it doesn't make sense and to follow the trance, referring to the beat. The next verse, Pixie sings how she can feel the love inside of her that burns and that everyone is essentially in this crazy world together so we should all unite and overcome it. Her light and airy vocals are uniquely clear with the sounds of the synths and keyboards in the background.

She goes back into the verse with the same tone while she is now singing about how the energy never truly dies, it just has to get renewed from time to time. All of this plays into the inspirational message she is trying to convey about not giving up. Pixie continues into the chorus again with the synthy and fun dance beat. She breaks down into the bridge where the beat takes the calmer tone while she belts it out. 'Make a wish to the stars and cross your fingers/Right now in this moment, we have to linger/We must fight for this dream with all our strength/So empty your soul from all resentments' She is singing about escaping from the reality of things for a moment and to be strong in order to fight off resentments. This is where the drums kick in, being heard pounded in the background with each 'thud' accompanying each note. She repeats the second half of the bridge, the beat and drums increasing with the sound of a chorus behind her as she is singing. The various voices all pick up their volume and immediately stop at the end, shouting out the last line, 'think', before the beat pauses for a few seconds. It gets brought back in as she sings the rest of the song, which is just the chorus now. The uptempo tune can be compared to summer style, friendly theme.

"This song was given to me by mISTER_b who I feel is very underrated as a producer. He is a genius in a way that you can see through his music. What he does may not be so 'new' to the industry but it's definitely helpful. I am glad that I was considered to be the owner of these lyrics and this song. It just is so infectious and it represents everything I am in love with. I love to encourage and promote happiness. I never think there can be enough of it. It was written in a way that it wasn't too confusing with the beat, you know? You weren't immediately turned off and you weren't focusing on the beat so much as the lyrics in the song which is essentially what I love to do in all my songs. Yes, I love to create different sounds and expand but I don't want any attention off the lyrics themselves. Those are the most important part of a song because you can do anything to anyone with them. The song is about being able to overcome darkness with the power of love. I feel everyone is connected, we just have to recognize the connection. We have to ward off these demons and not let it control us because love is a powerful thing when used in the right way. Love has took over land and gotten people killed but love has also saved lives and created new ones."

|Lyrics|

[Verse 1]
If darkness took over your mind
And loneliness embraces your life
You just have to shake it off
Even though you’d still feel lost

Remember we’re not alone
I’m sure you’ll find someone,
Who’s looking to the same star
And somehow we’re all connected

[Chorus]
Let go of your innocence
Let go of your innocence
It doesn't have to make sense
You just have to follow the trance

[Verse 2]
I can feel the love inside
I feel the fire, I’m alive
Uniting us in this crazy dream
Side by side we’re painting this scene

The energy never dies
It’s renewed from times to time
Distances never existed
Just like this whole world never was distinguished

[Chorus]
Let go of your innocence
Let go of your innocence

(Let go of your innocence
Let go of your innocence
You just have to follow the trance)

[Bridge]
Make a wish to the stars and cross your fingers
Right now in this moment, we have to linger
We must fight for this dream with all our strength
So empty your soul from all resentments

The biggest love is the one who remains
And no matter how far we are, it still stands
While the flame of our hearts keep burning to each other
While the words in our minds are connecting to each other (x2)
And this love is forever no telling what they must think!

[Chorus]
Let go of your innocence
Let go of your innocence

We’re connected
I know we’re all connected
I know we’re all connected

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Released: March 19th, 2013
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2012
Genre: Electronic Dance, Progressive House, Eurohouse
Length: 3:35
Writers: Pixie Love, Svante Halldin, Jakoby Hazell
Producers: The Wildcats

Background
Illusion is a song by Finnish singer, Pixie from her upcoming album Imagine. Following the release of her last single, Bold she has gained critical and commercial success in both America and her country of Finland, boosting her popularity to new heights. Although she is still considered a rookie in the business right now, Love has been receiving praise from the likes of music legends on her style and originality as well as her music. She spent the beginning of the year touring with label bosses Teen Titans and in that time frame began working on her next single from the album. It was written by Pixie Love, Svante Halldin, and Jakoby Hazell, two well-known songwriters in of the Finland area who have worked with Pixie on her previous album. The production was handled by an American duo production team known as ‘The Wildcats’. Pixie wrote the track back in October of 2012 about an abusive relationship which the video is said to emphasize more.

During the course of the tour, Pixie wrote and recorded over half of her album which is set to be released in June. This single is one of many which convey serious topics she wants to bring more attention to as she begins to cross over to the U.S. After a break period in between her last album, she wasted no time creating new material to present to the new market. "Illusion came to me in a dream one night. I've never been in a situation where I was being abused, ever because I would never stand or defend that. I've never known anyone who's been abused either, personally, but I know it happens. There are victims everywhere", Pixie states. "I won't try to pretend I know what they feel or go through but I can help. This song is what I feel; what I would feel if I was put in this particular event. I can't be wrong because it's my opinion. It was a challenge. I find my most creative songs are the ones that haven't happened to me, then I can twist a story and turn it into whatever I want without feeling like I'm lying. I want the listener to feel like they aren't alone no matter what because we're never alone if we think about it. We've each got an angel looking out for us. It's the reason we're still here today."

She then explains the recording process. "It was easy for me because once they made the beat, I was ready. They asked me, 'Do you want a ballad, a guitar, a piano?' I said 'Hell no! I want dance, celebration, life, art. I think people are tired of crying so why should I? In essence, it's about escaping. It's like, after the song is over, it's really over. It's weird and fun but dark and truthful, like me. My music represents me no matter what."

Song Description
Almost a complete turn from her previous single, Illusion’s infectious beat and entrancing chorus will have you mesmerized before the song is over. Starting off the track is a piano-led repetitious note that leads into Pixie's soft and raspy vocals. In the background there are sounds of her voice sounding distant and trailed off while she whispers the ending lines of each section in the verses. You can also hear the background synths and drum patterns begin to pick up with the rounding of the verse, going into the bridge. Similar to tribal drums, Pixie's lyrics go hand in hand with the determination and strongess in her tone as she declares her 'head is far up in the clouds', hitting the note on tonight perfectly as it ascends from her lips and into the now thrilling atmosphere only to be brought back down with the beginning of the bridge for a brief moment, the beat taking a break. Pixie's vocals are being echoed as she sings the lines, 'Reaching out, you're reaching out to me/But baby I'm just too far gone/Reaching out, you're reaching out to me/I never want the love you've shown', just before going into the house breakdown which takes control of the listeners ears and senses.

The similar pattern happens in the next part of the song, this time Pixie sounding more vulnerable than ever as she sings about the abuse taking place. Her voice almost cracks, singing the line, 'While you were beating me in my own skin'. The build up comes back and her ferocious vocals take control while the dance beat plays. The biggest part of the song arrives with the sound of multiple voices in the background as Pixie is chanting her 'Oh's' and then transfers over to the 'I felt low' as she gives a screeching yell towards the end of the break down, driving the song to start back up again. The build up completely entices you and the instrumental part is the last of the song before it ends abruptly after her second round of chanting ends.

Music Video
The video was directed by Brian Ziff and will premiere April 3rd on Pixie's official Vevo channel. The video features Pixie shown walking down a street with multiple lights and people passing her by and was also shot in two different versions, 2D and 3D. Pixie says the direction of the video was co-directed by her and Ziff so she could get the end result she wanted rather than accepting any idea thrown at her. She wanted to make the 3D version the official version and the 2D version as the uncensored and 'second' version of it. The video was shot in her home country of Finland where she shot her last video for Walk Alone. Pixie describes the video as 'inspirational' and 'really hits the nail on the head as to the point I'm trying to make with my lyrics and the point I'm trying to make'.

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
Just close your eyes
And you can hear the breathing of the dead
You're paralyzed
Those monsters never stay inside your head
True happiness
It's always missing you by little bits
You can't deny
I was the spark in your pitiful life

Now my head is far up in the clouds
I can't hear you cus the love's too loud
You'll never break another bone tonight
Yeah, time to disappear
Reaching out, you're reaching out to me
But baby I'm just too far gone
I never want the love you've shown

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
I play your song
I hear a chuckle every now and then
I saved my life
While you were beating me in my own skin
Those days are gone
"It's you that I really want"
I won't deny
All your words sent me into a high

I still weep about the old days
Some troubled faces you just can't erase
You are the lover taking up my space
Yeah, time to disappear

Oh, oh, oh!
Oh, oh, oh!

[Chorus]

I felt low, I felt low
I felt low, I felt low (But baby I'm just too far gone)

Yeah baby I'm just too far gone
You'll never find me all alone

I felt low, I felt low
I felt low, I felt low (x3)
You'll never find me all alone

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Recorded: 2013 in New York City, New York
Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop Soul
Length: 4:22
Writer(s): Pixie Love
Producer(s): Kate Arkhurst, Steven Lillywhite

To escape from the stereotype that most of Pixie's songs are filled with synths, she tunes us in to the next track, completely diverse from the previous ones showing off her ability to adapt to different genres. She taps back into her Alternative Rock with the powerhouse single, Repent. It was written solely by Pixie Love and produced by Kate Arkhurst and Steven Lillywhite. The song represents Pixie's angerness towards others who see certain beliefs and ways of living as a sin and telling them to 'Repent' for their troubles. This could be an attack against recent religious organizations who have been very vocal in their fight against most and almost everything they consider to be an abomination. Although it's not clearly stated who the song is for, Pixie delivers with her fierce and soulful vocals as well as powerful guitar riffs.

It starts off with a melodic keyboard as the intro, which leads you to believe it will be another synth influenced song but then it turns into a rock influenced track complete with the full details. There's the drum beat, the electric guitar, the bass guitar, and it gives a very soul influenced, retro tone to it. Her voice reminds you of Amy Winehouse and the track is similar to one that would've been on her 'Back To Black' album. Her voice has some spunkiness to it, giving life to the song. She doesn't just belt the track out, she gives it meaning and passion. In her signature accent, she really shines through once she gets to the pre-chorus and chorus. She speeds it up a little, going through each line of the pre-chorus as they all connect to one another. The lyrics suggest that Pixie is not pleased with the words coming from her critic but she compares them to one from a drunken person. She also sings about being used to the stares and recognizing them. 'I recognize the stares, it don't hurt cus I don't care/You tease me with the darkness and baby that ain't fair'. She then goes on to state that she never claimed to be innocent, it was a title given to her by others. The reference to the clover leaf is one about her having her own luck and not needing others to help her survive. She continues singing, 'Apologies are able, but the feeling makes me weak/I don't mind that you're waiting for a blessing in disguise', which means she knows she could apologize but she refuses to, it makes her feel weak. There's a brief pause in which you can hear the guitar riff and then in jumps Pixie's vocals again as she belts out the chorus.

The retro like beat comes in as she is singing, a hand clapping and foot stomping beat that makes you think of the old time dancing during the roaring 20's. This transitions with the sound of the guitar and her raspy vocals come in. She tells them she won't repent and their promise of hell won't scare her because she knows she'll be with the angels. After this, she quickly starts in on the second verse, her vocals still spunky and soulful. 'Keep your sermons to yourself cus I don't need your help/The notion of a motion that's not yours, makes you scared/It burns you endlessly, that I am never suffering/But the difference between me and you can set you back for years'. These lyrics play on the idea that Pixie refuses to buy in to the sermons that are constantly preached against people like her, who have an open mind about life and aren't confined to one idea. She believes the only reason they do this is because they are scared of any idea that is not there's, as stated in the lyrics. She goes on to say that it makes them mad that she is not suffering as they want her to and the difference between them would set them back, meaning Pixie is not living in the old days as to speak where everyone keeps opinions to themselves and just goes along with what they are told. Again, there's a brief pause and then the guitar comes strumming in as she belts out another powerful singing of the chorus. After this, there's an instrumental part for about 15 seconds which is just purely the band playing with the tambourine, which was heard throughout the track the whole time, almost as if Pixie were dancing in the studio during this session. Her voice comes back in again, giving her all this time, even holding notes and transitioning from low to high in a matter of seconds. The song then fades out after another brief instrumental.

"This is by far the most soulful song on the album. I really created something different here with this sound. I think it showcases me as an artist and my ability to go from genre to genre, not being limited. I've always loved every type of genre because they all have so much to offer. There wouldn't be music if we didn't have the soul or the rock. There's a sense of anger in the song that rages in me whenever I hear about certain things against certain people. We are all unique and we all believe different things but we shouldn't be limited. It would be like if I were told I could only make Pop music and nothing else. This is what Imagine is all about. There's no limitations at all, the possibilities are endless and you can still make magic. I really can't wait to perform this song live, it's going to be so much fun."

|Lyrics|

Whoa-oh,oh
Yeah

[Verse 1]
I don't think that I will forget ever broken word you've said
The sweetness of the liquor makes it hard for me to quit
I recognize the stares, it don't hurt cus I don't care
You tease me with the darkness and baby that ain't fair

I've never claimed the innocence on which you gave to me
And I think I will do just fine without my clover leaf
Apologies are able, but the feeling makes me weak
I don't mind that you're waiting for a blessing in disguise

[Chorus]
You can keep waiting but I won't
Repent
Hellfire and brimstone ain't enough to
Scare me
I'll be living life with angels
Repent
Scare me

[Verse 2]
Keep your sermons to yourself cus I don't need your help
The notion of a motion that's not yours, makes you scared
It burns you endlessly, that I am never suffering
But the difference between me and you can set you back for years

If I could save my heroes, from walking through your lies
We never have to face you with the whites of our eyes
You've got them on your whistle and they bow to your whim
I'm just a little bit more complicated to just give in

[Chorus]
Repent
Scare me

[Chorus]
Repent
Scare me
Repe-ent
Scare me

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 02 November 2013 11:54:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
genocidal king on 14/10/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 14/10/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/10/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 06/11/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#26 Posted : 14 October 2013 08:26:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: absolutely in love with the album so far your song are so varied and unique I love them ;)

OOC - amazing job with this so far Pixie is one of my favorite characters ;)

Pixie: Thank you so much, it means a lot that so many people like the album :) I'm pleased with it as well.

OOC: Thank you very much :) I love her as well.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#27 Posted : 20 October 2013 07:42:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
OOC: Credit to Girlspice for creating the single cover :)

Title: GIANTS
Genre: Electropop
Length: 4:45
Format:CD single, Digital Download
Recorded: August 13th - August 19th 2013
Release Date: September 27th, 2013
Written: August 10th
Writer(s): Pixie Love, Victoria Rios
Producer: Kate Arkhurst, Rocket Boy

Background
On the final days of Pixie's album stream, she continues to tease with previews of songs, album artwork, and now a new single collaboration including one of music's biggest names and most haunting presence. It's no wonder Pixie has been one the tongues of many and racked in numerous 'Best New Artist' awards, and she's just starting. Although she's only achieved high success in the US for a year, she's already become such a global force that it's hard to believe she's new. Pixie's new album is set to be released on October 10th and with four successful singles to account for, she's giving us another taste with a promo single featuring the enticing Glamazon, one of her idols.

"I worked really hard on this album and it took a lot of time so I wanted to give my fans something to wet their appetites. This collaboration means so much to me because it's not every day people get to work with someone they admire and love. Glamazon is just....how does one even begin to describe her? She takes my breath away and yes it may seem like I am completely kissing up to her right now but my lips love her. I will continue to praise anyone that deserves it and she more than deserves it. She has done things for this industry that a lot of people cannot even fathom. She set herself apart, each album, each single, each appearance, each performance, she's incomparable to anyone else. She was one of the first people, as a teenager, that I brought an album for and she has changed my life. She's dark but beautiful and mesmerizing. We really connect. Our music is similar even though people may look at us and think we're polar opposites. We both came together after I reached out to her after we worked together for her album, which was such an honor. I just had to get her in the studio with me again. She brings such an energy with her. She just makes you want to do your best because she always does her best.

It wasn't until after we got together on her album, that I really started focusing more on my album. I don't think many people will get my album, understand it, or this single even. It's just my mind, it works differently than most. I don't think about what song can be a single, I don't think about which song will do well, it's all about the music. Each song has really connected to each other and helped to move on to the next. This song I feel, is perfect to accompany 'REIGN' because when you're reigning, you feel that sense of jealousy from people so it's like fighting for your crown. Glamazon adds attitude to the song as she does with all of her songs. Together, we both shined on this song. So it is my gift to my fairies!"

Song Description
'GIANTS' is an electropop song by Pixie featuring Glamazon. The infectious yet hard hitting beat grabs your attention immediately with the assist of synthesizers for an unique sound to be the background for two unique artists. Pixie opens the song with her low yet clear vocals that sing about cutting ties from someone who doesn't believe in her. Her vocals shift midway, going a note higher. Her thick Finnish accent almost exceeds her words but in a beautiful way. The drums become more apparent now as it leads into the Chorus. Together, Pixie and Glamazon both belt out the thunderous chorus, both of them giving such a performance. They both have unique voices which makes for a more exotic sound. The beat is very pop like and almost bouncy but still maintaining that dark sound with the synth pattern. Glamazon kicks off the next verse, again, with a low and almost husky voice. She then brings her voice back up to sing her pre chorus which then explodes into the chorus of the two girls singing. In the background, Pixie's ad libs of 'Oh-Oh-Whoa's' blend in beautifully with her. There's an instrumental break down after the chorus in which the drums completely take over, showcasing the catchy beat. Coming back in now are Pixie and Glamazon, each singing their respective lines, holding the end notes as their voices sound magnificent together. After this, another instrumental period takes over for about 30 seconds until the song abruptly ends.

[Lyrics]

Pixie
Glamazon
Together

[Verse 1]
Hold your tongue if you can't handle my truth
Toxic flows so perfectly through me whenever I see you
This moth is no longer interested in your dying flame
Darkness is your new best friend I will watch you lose the game

I won't let another day, pass me on by and I'm feeling low
I won't let another day, pass me on by and I'm feeling low

[Chorus]
(Ohh) You made me feel so small in this world full of giants
And you send me back to earth to my death when I am flying
Insecurities mean nothing to me cause I don't care
Your insecurities are nothing to me cause I don't care

[Verse 2]
Venom words, laced with a deadly bite
But I won't let my truth fall out of sight
I won't be the one that darkness will surround
Instead, I'll watch your crown fall down to the ground

Cause I won't let another day just disappear without a trace
I won't let another day just drift on by to out of space

[Chorus]

Emotions are running high but we won't settle down
No-o-o-o, we're facing the gi-i-i-i-iants!

[Chorus]

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Recorded: 2013 in Helsinki, Finland
Genre: Alternative Rock
Length: 5:07
Producer(s): Steven Lillywhite, Kate Arkhurst

We All Fall Down is a track written by Finnish singer Pixie Love. It was produced by Steven Lillywhite and Kate Arkhurst but solely written by Pixie. It centers itself around a piano riff and features lyrics about being human and accepting mistakes. It is the twelfth song on the album, continuing her Alternative Rock reign for the second half of the album. It was composed during the late stages of Pixie's album, Imagine. The piano riff popped into the singer's head and from there on, a song was made from it. She presented the riff to Steven, who then would add a layer of guitar chords to the basic track. The song was the last addition to the album, as she wanted to save it for album number three but a last minute decision swiftly changed her mind. She originally wanted it to close the album as well but thought her single, REIGN, was much fit for the album and that it was "perfect where it was."

We All Fall Down has a repeating piano melody, and features a minimalist soundscape of drums and bass guitar. The theme behind the music was to make it sound as plain yet enrapturing as possible. The music of We All Fall Down is also provided using synthesizers and a sparse string arrangement. It starts off with the piano riff which then turns into the full band of synths and drums, to add in the rock feel. Her voice is soft yet striking. Although one could argue nothing screams to them from the track or nothing pops out at them, Pixie remains humble, singing in her monotonic way. The minimalist effect allows the listener to enjoy the relaxing tone and her beautiful vocals. In the first few lyrics, she sings about her mantra which is, 'Integrity, Love, and Unity,' saying these are the three things every human should have with them. She tells the listener to not fret when things go awry and to just, 'When you pick up the lines/And draw again/Life's not all just full of sin'. The piano riff comes back in towards the ending of the verse, she starts to repeat the hook of the song, 'And you, you live and /Let go/You live and you/Let go'. A brief instrumental happens before she moves on to the second verse. It almost seems like it's moving along quite fastly, if you were to take out the pauses and breaks in between her verses to allow the beautiful melody to play. The strings are heard more now in the background than before, when her voice was overshadowing it.

The second verse, Pixie talks about her own family, her father's love never ceasing from her and her mother as her guidance through life. She uses the metaphor of a rose having thorns in it, 'While you, pick up a rose, ignore it's thorns/Everyone can hide their horns/Is it time for a new insecurity?/Or is it time to make believe?' This can be explained as people hiding their true selves from others causing a mass confusion which in turn causes people to be cold and untrusting but she encourages them to make believe and continue on. Another repetition of the hook and then off to another instrumental. You can hear the cymbals crashing as well, while the melodic tune is heard. After a few seconds, Pixie comes back in to sing the Bridge, nothing more than another repetition of a phrase, 'We never want to go there/Oh, we never want to go there/We never want to go there' It's simply stating how people never want to go that place of darkness where they have to fight in order to find the light and goodness of things. This time the cymblas are really being pounded on, the beat coming to it's climax in the song. Pixie's voice shifts, going higher and having more feeling in it as she is vocalizing with the strings. A small return visit to the hook and then she finishes off the song with the outro. She simply sings, 'Fall, Fall, yes we all fall down/Fall, Fall, yes we all fall down' Her voice is now lower, as her softer and higher vocals are heard in the background, repeating the hook, the cymbals heard crashing and then the fade into silence as the piano riff continues to play.

"Another one of my favorite tracks on the album. I think it is a beautiful song that sort of molds the album together in terms of themes and sounds. It's been basically a journey to get to where I am right now and along the way I've had to find courage and be brave. Everyone hates to stare fear in the eyes at some point in their lives. I don't know anyone who is brave all the time, inside and out. It's just a matter of telling people, it's okay to be afraid because we all get knocked down, we all fall. No one stays up forever. It's just human nature. The whole process of recording, it was very beautiful. I love strings and I love how some songs are so minimal that it's amazing you're even drawn to them in the first place. I can't wait to play this song live because it will be so emotional. It'll be the time I get to connect with my fans and reach them on a level only I can."

|Lyrics|

[Verse 1]
Integrity, love, and unity
These three things everyone should see
Lost in your confusion sea
Everything is but a dream
When you,
Everything will be okay
Yesterday's gone, it's a new day
When you pick up the lines
And draw again
Life's not all just full of sin

And you, you live and
Let go
You live and you
Let go

[Verse 2]
Papa's love will never cease
Mama's voice is one you speak, wanna
Pick up the phone to hear her voice
They're infused into your blood
While you, pick up a rose, ignore it's thorns
Everyone can hide their horns
Is it time for a new insecurity?
Or is it time to make believe?

And you, you live and
Let go
You live and you
Let go
You live, let go
We live, and let go

You live, let go
We live, and let go

We never want to go there
Oh, we never want to go there
We never want to go there

You live, and let go
You live, don't let go

Fall, Fall, yes we all fall down
Fall, Fall, yes we all fall down
Fall, Fall, yes we all fall down (You live, and let go)
Fall, Fall, yes we all fall down (We live, don't let go)

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Released: July 16th, 2013
Format: Digital Download, Stream, CD
Recorded: 2013
Genre: Electronic Rock, Alternative Rock
Length: 5:35
Writers: Pixie Love, Steven Lillywhite
Producers: Steven Lillywhite

Background
Following the success of her last single Illusion, Pixie took to her official website to release the next track from her album. REIGN marks the 4th single from the Finnish singer and was recorded earlier this year. After three singles, released in the U.S., she has quickly allowed herself to become known with her elusive style and sensational tunes and has gained a larger fan base of fairies. She took to twitter and her personal blog to announce a new single from the album, giving it a different sound than the rest. Pixie teamed up with Steven Lillywhite who has also written singles for the likes of Peter Gabriel, U2, and The Killers. The two would create this track and he would also help compose it. The single was finished in a month, gathering aid from different musicians in order to create the varied sound of the track.

After finishing up her tour with Teen Titans and preparing for another tour with idol Vanity, Pixie decided to finish up her album in hopes of using the tour to also promote it. Creating quite a buzz with her music and fashion choices, Pixie has hopes of becoming one of the breakout stars of the year. Her music as well is on the verge of being very creative and different than the regular artists in the industry today. She cites this as one of her main influences for her album. REIGN infuses several different instruments including Taiko drums, piano, violins, guitars, and drums. The lyrics suggest Pixie's time has come to reign or to accept her position on a throne as a blood right of hers. The unusually cocky lyrics also give way that Pixie's confidence shines through the single.

"It's really a very confident record. There's no shame in it at all. It's one of the songs on the album I like to call 'home' because it really reminds me of home. I incorporated my Finnish language into it. I know a lot of people have wanted to hear me speak it so now they get a chance to. There's really no limitations to this single. The single cover art, it has purple because that is a color significant of royalty. I always encourage listeners to paint whatever picture they want and my videos do the same for me. It's very loose, in a sense that you hear the sound of pain being washed away and light shining on your face. It's beautiful to me. It's about opening your eyes and realizing what is yours all along."

She goes on to illuminate the various instruments included in the record. "I wanted something that sound victorious and grand. Something fit for royalty. The whole song is just really dramatic in that you can almost picture a queen on her throne, speaking to her subjects."

Song Description
A complete turn around from her last single which was House influenced, we're not introduced to Pixie's Rock side. REIGN is 5 minutes and 35 seconds in length and mixes electronic and alternative rock together for a unique sound. Starting off with the lone sound of a piano key, it goes into a simple piano chord pattern which starts in a high note then goes low, repeating this process until the soft voice of Pixie is heard speaking in Finnish and then an echo not too far behind to speak in english, translating. As she continues to speak, we are introduced to the Taiko drums, pounding in the background after each piano chord, rah pa pum, rah pa pum but quickly together as if in a 1,2 1,2 count. It grows into a great climax and then ending after she speaks the last 'alive'. Swirling into the mixture now is a synthesizer followed by an electric guitar, playing a catchy riff and then gets infused with the drums, a throbbing synth completing the sound. The sound of chanting can be heard with the 'Oh oh oh oh oh, Whoah' with her own voice. She goes into the first verse, her voice confident and clear with a raspiness to it to collide with her normal soft spoken voice. Her accent is still heard through her singing but does not hinder her at all, adding to it one might argue. The same piano chords from the beginning come back into play once she sings the line 'I've put up with much too much of your shit/It won't die, die', going back to the insane guitar riff and drums again, along with the synth for the electronic feel.

The chanting comes back only to be stopped while going to the next verse, her strong Finnish accent being heard again. This time there is a fierceness in her voice, determined more than ever to receive the 'crown' she is after, singing 'Had the crown in my eye, stitched to my chest/It is the only thing that beats when I'm at rest/You won't know how I feel' Pixie feels more than ever she deserves it and won't let someone step on her toes to get it. She feels it is almost too late so it's either now or never for her to act on her position. Again, the piano chords come back into play as she goes into the chorus. The infectious beat stands out not only because of Pixie's incredible vocals but because of it's strong nature. It screams power and loudness as well as rock and anguish. The bridge causes everything to slow down once again, only the piano and Taiko drums and vigorous violins now being heard with her soft vocals, both in English and Finnish languages. 'We are fools of a lie/Carry until we die' refers to her notion that every day people are being lied to and it hinders them from going after what they really want in life, carrying it and believing it until they die but she wants to break free from this curse. After the bridge there is a few seconds of silence, the stillness causing such a panic yet euphoric moment of unexpectedness until it is broken with Pixie's raspy, loud voice. She sounds as if she is a warrior about to go to war while bellowing, 'But through it all/Through it all/But through it all/Through it all/My feelings never changed!', a thunderous growl being heard afterwards.

As she finishes up with the chorus, she continues to scream with such determination it forces you to just head bang along with the song. It comes together in the end as she sings with a feeling of accomplishment proud and loud in her voice. You can imagine her putting her fist in the air as she sings and marching around, leading an army of people. Once the beat calms down again, Pixie's voice goes back to the soft spoken one we're used to, her vocals still raspy but audible with the chanting in the background. The synth appears again, sounding as if it were quickly wrapping everything up and the song fades out.

Music Video
The video will premiere on the 23rd of July on Pixie's official VEVO account. It will be directed by Emma Ludbrook and Jett Stieger as well as Pixie herself. It is rumored to have a royal/futuristic theme to it in which Pixie shows through the single cover art. Not much else is known about the video except that it will be a mini movie, lasting about 8 minutes long and will be shot in Los Angeles, California.

[Lyrics]

[Spoken]
Me kaikki elämme ja oppia elämään
(We all live and learn to live)
Me kaikki rakastamme ja oppia rakastamaan
(We all love and learn to love)
Me kaikki elämme ja rakkautta, mutta usein sekoittavat rakastava elää
(We all live and love but often confuse loving for living)
I am alive
I am alive
I am, alive

Oh oh oh oh oh, Whoah
Oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh, Whoah
Oh oh oh oh oh

[Verse 1]
I don't know where I've been, hanging to life
Stuck on the promises you left me in your eyes
Won't be let down again
You don't know where we end, a never ending rope
Filled with a lifetime of our downsides
I can't cope
Is the end coming close?

I've put up with much too much of your shit
It won't die, die

[Chorus]
I've never looked at life the same
I've never learned to love again
A prophecy has come to life
My reign, My reign
My reign

Whoa, oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa, oh oh oh oh oh

[Verse 2]
Had the crown in my eye, stitched to my chest
It is the only thing that beats when I'm at rest
You won't know how I feel
I won't fuck with your kind
I gave it a chance
If I can't have everything I've worked so hard to get
Is the end, is the end, is the end
coming close?

I've put up much too much of your shit
It won't die, die, die

[Chorus]
I've never looked at life the same
I've never learned to love again
A prophecy has come to life
My reign, My reign
My reign

I've never looked at life the same (Whooa)
I've never learned to love again (Whooa)
A prophecy has come to life (Whooa)
My reign, My reign
My reign (Whooa)

Whoa, oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa, oh oh oh oh oh

[Bridge]
We are fools of a lie
(Me kaikki elämme ja oppia elämään)
Carry until we die
We are fools of a lie
(Me kaikki rakastamme ja oppia rakastamaan)
Carry until we die
We are fools of a lie
(Me kaikki elämme ja rakkautta, mutta usein sekoittavat rakastava elää)
We'll carry until we die
Carry until (Carry until..)

But through it all
Through it all
But through it all
Through it all
My feelings never changed!

[Chorus]
I've never looked at life the same (Never changed!)
I've never learned to love again (Never changed!)
A prophecy has come to life (Never changed!)
My reign, My reign
My reign

I'll reign (x8)

I've put up with much too much of your shit (Whooa)
It won't die, die, die (Whooa) (x2)

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 02 November 2013 11:56:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 20/10/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 20/10/2013(UTC), Walton on 21/10/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 06/11/2013(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#28 Posted : 20 October 2013 08:10:17(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
OOC: No lie I been listening to this song for the past three days and your words to this music make this my favorite song on TRG I LOVE REIGN!!!

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 20/10/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#29 Posted : 20 October 2013 09:09:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: No lie I been listening to this song for the past three days and your words to this music make this my favorite song on TRG I LOVE REIGN!!!

OOC: Thank you :) It's one of my favorite sound alikes and one of my favorite songs I've written for Pixie as well.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Andre Gandra  
#30 Posted : 24 October 2013 03:32:41(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: By the moment we got together in the studio, I knew this album would be one of, or perhaps, the best pop album of the year! Thanks for letting me share a bit of your imagination in a song! you're incredible Pixie.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/10/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#31 Posted : 24 October 2013 06:13:35(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
mISTER_b: By the moment we got together in the studio, I knew this album would be one of, or perhaps, the best pop album of the year! Thanks for letting me share a bit of your imagination in a song! you're incredible Pixie.

Pixie: Aww thank you so much love, what a compliment! I loved working with you.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#32 Posted : 02 November 2013 13:54:22(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Genre: Electronic, Synthpop
Length: 4:09
Producer(s): Pixie Love

'Imagine' is the self-titled track of the album which features a very 80's synthpop beat and addictive chorus. The track ties the album together with the overall theme and message being incorporated into the song. 'It's the central message of the album. You learn everything possible from the song about what I am all about and what I believe in. As I said before, Imagine is only as deep as you want it to be. The album centers around the listeners and what they want it to sound like or be about.' Pixie produced this track on her own, making it the first time she has done so, in hopes of creating a different sound to it than the rest, clearly it did.

The song tempers the monster synth riffs in favor of twinkling keyboards, padded drum claps and a central lyric that lends the whole thing a slightly melancholic edge. Lyrically, the song sings about imaging a perfect world where everything was so unique and yet everyone accepts it. "It's all about acceptance and peace. Those two things are the main goals with this song." The song begins with an euphoric sound of synth chords being played and then we get introduced to Pixie's angelic vocals as she harmonizes over the padded drum claps and twinkling synths. The full drums get introduced next as you're taken back to the 80's. The imagery is compared to the heavens opening up in the sky and a ray of light booming down. She then starts singing, light and soft. Before you know it, you're in the chorus with the synths and keyboards all joining in with Pixie's dreamy vocals singing the chorus. Musically, the song stands apart from others on the track, simply because it's nature. She strictly relies on the synths and keyboards to make up the song rather than the lyrics themselves this time. Even though the lyrics serve a strong purpose, Pixie is more musically involved giving the track life. The chorus itself plays with an '80's like sound. All during the song, Pixie's vocals in the background are almost comparative to those of a chorus or 'angelic' sound.

"Essentially...I wanted to produce this to see what I could create on my own. It surprised me when I got to playing with the keyboards and things, what I came up with. It's really a trip to the past in that iconic music you've heard from legends before us. I wanted it to be something great and lyrically, I think this is one of my best songs I've written. Musically, there's nothing else on the album that sounds like this and that's what I love. It's hard to describe the song in words. It's almost something you have to listen to yourself. It's the whole album in one song. Imagining a better world, a better place to live without judgement or fear. I've wanted this for so long and eventually it will happen but until then, I imagine it. It's a kind of distant and hard to picture dream because you fear that it will get boring. People love chaos sometimes and it's like the song. I didn't want it to get boring but over time, it was addicting and you got used to it. That's like the world I imagine. It seems foreign to us but after time, the idea is great and it catches on. My album is based on this. It's not what you're used to hearing, a mixture of this capacity but if you just listen to it and take it in, it's life changing."

|Lyrics|

[Verse 1]
With my hands held tight, upon the moon I gaze
Through every raging night, I write my o-o-own story
In the cloudy days, on the darkest nights
We will all unite, and sing our pra-a-a-ise

[Chorus]
It's crazy to see we're so apart in a world of changes
Imagine a place for you and me to open our eyes
You never will see the cruelty of our own kind
Just imagine a place for you and me that begs us to love it

[Verse 2]
You know that I'm alright, to be away from you
Take the coldest bite and le-e-eave it open
I'm running scared, but the truth I know
We are no outcasts, in o-o-our own home

[Chorus]

We'll take deep breaths, and we'll walk on by
Each day is a gift, we li-i-ive for ourselves
Every ache shall heal, every guilt put to rest
Our bones are stones, eventually they'll crumble

[Chorus]

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 06 November 2013 02:37:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Walton on 02/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 03/11/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 06/11/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 07/11/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#33 Posted : 06 November 2013 13:15:47(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Genre: Progressive Metal, Space Rock
Length: 5:49
Producer(s): Steven Lillywhite

Probably the most unique sounding song on the album is the first bonus track single, Monkey's Paw. "It's probably the most....dynamic and diverse song on the album in terms of sound and lyrics. It's not related to anything else on the album which is why it was put as a bonus track." It was written by Pixie and produced by Steven Lillywhite who has offered his hand in several of her rock inspired tracks. This one, however, takes on the diverse genre known as Space Rock which immediately gives you the feeling of being in another galaxy crashing into meteors and such.

The track starts off with a minute long instrumental, enjoying the drum and synthesizers that are being played. The ambiance of the instrumental almost throws you off a bit for a tale about death but somehow has that darkness and edge to it that fits perfectly. Her raspy voice sings over the track. The first few set of lyrics are, just like the song, a reference to the fictional story, Monkey's Paw in which a family, The White's, encounter terrible misfortune after receiving a cursed monkey's paw. She refers to the whites and how they are frightened by the power of the paw, and how Mr. White was skeptical in its powers at first. The wish that was first made, killed their son Herbert, thus they risked the warning for money. The chorus simply states that messing with fate can alter reality and make it into something different. They were searching for answers and wanted something they shouldn't have wished for and therefore, did not make do with what they had. The next verse is Pixie questioning the need for us as humans to wish for things that aren't theirs, money, love, power. She then asks what they do if something they want is already taken, then answering, saying, they risk it all to get what they want and end up throwing everything away to beg for mercy. She states, 'A final warning issued in red, you better take heed of what is said'. All the while, the ambient beat is playing in the background with the drums and space like synths and melotron. Once the chorus comes back in, the electric guitar from before takes on a life of it's own, giving it that rock feel to the song. Pixie's vocals remain raspy and bold. The parts in between the break down, are where Pixie talks about society, asking what they did wrong when things take a turn for the worse when it was all our faults in the beginning. It then goes to say that we blame everyone else and then soon regret it when we find out the truth. The beat breaks down there, the melotron and synths now only heard as the drums come to a halt. Pixie's haunting vocals are heard in the background and then the slow treading of the beat comes back into, full force. Pixie picks it up again with the line, 'You search, and search, and search until you find what you've been looking for'. As she sings this, an added effect to her voice makes her sound as if she were fading or pixilating from the track. She goes in fully with the chorus and the band backing her up, only to dissolve towards the end, with the epic drum solo at the end. Pixie allows the music to be appreciated rather than ruining it with ad libs or words. The melotron plays off of the drums, until it fades out.

"Absolutely my favorite, musically speaking, track on the album. It's just so different to what I've ever done and it was fun making it. I love listening to it, just the instrumental part sometimes because I don't even really care to hear myself sing. It's just a very beautiful song that takes the time to appreciate music in a way. Space rock is intriguing because there's so much you can do with it and so many directions you can go with it. I felt like...Monkey's Paw was already going to be something completely different than I've ever done and it turned out to be. I thought this could be a bonus track for my fans because I feel very near and dear to this song. I loved this story growing up, the whole mystery surrounding it and the ending where you don't know what happened so you made up your own, it was all chaotic yet amazing at the same time. It's definitely that one song I cannot wait to perform because I feel like there has to be something HUGE with this song. There's just no limits with this song at all, imagination wise or perceived wise."

|Lyrics|

[Verse 1]
All of the white's remain awake in sudden fright
Show me your proof of something in the great divine
(A simple wish) A simple wish disturbed their wretched life (Wretched life)
To risk it all and end result, you die (You die, you die)

[Chorus]
Disturbing fates can intertwine with reality
You never make do with what you've got instead
You search, and search, and search until you find what you've been looking for

[Verse 2]
What's with the constant need to have what is not yours?
Where do you go when everything is already spoken for?
We tread lightly and then exceed our risks (Our risks)
You dare throw everything away and beg
A final warning issued in red, you better take heed of what is said

[Chorus]

We ask ourselves what we did wrong when we're the main suspect
And to blame everyone else around is something we soon regret

All of the white's remain awake in sudden fright

[Chorus]

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Genre: Synthpop, New Wave
Length: 4:45
Writer(s): Pixie Love, Sunny Monroe
Producer(s): Pixie Love, Rocket Boy

'The Coldest Nights' is a song recorded by Finnish singer Pixie Love for her second studio album, Imagine. Written by the singer and singer-songwriter Sunny Monroe, Pixie touches on an abusive relationship and touches on the theme of 'finally realizing when enough is enough.' It also leads listeners to believe that Pixie was a victim of abuse but has yet to actually come out and say it. Instrumental wise, the song is a midtempo synthpop song with influences of New Wave. Originally not making it onto the final cut of the album, Pixie decided to include it on the deluxe edition sold in retail stores such as Walmart and Target where this and 'Monkey's Paw' will be included.

The track starts off with a lone guitar riff that leads into a quickly repetitive synth pattern, giving it the New Wave sound. Pixie's vocals can be compared to those of Hey Lolita's Arianna Harley at this point, the low and sultry ones we're all familiar with. Pixie plays the broody singer well as she conveys the pain in her voice. The lyrics int he first verse suggest the abusive relationship in the present tense, as if it were happening then. Pixie explains having to wear hoods in order to hide the bruises from the abuse. The line, 'When things got really bad I tried to outshine them with the good' refers to her trying to weigh the bad things down with all of the good things about him. She then goes on to say that she tried to move on from the bad abuse but it always followed her. The chorus is short, only 4 lines lone, but those 4 lines make up a good amount of the story. This is where Pixie makes her claim that nothing could make her go back, not even money or riches and all along, he had the answer for their survival; the end of the abuse but he wouldn't stop and instead treated her coldly.

The next verse continues in her moody voice, the low and husky voice that as a listener, you're not used to from Pixie's broad and unique voice. The lyrics here are now moving on from the present and instead reflecting. She admits they were a tragedy together but the 'lightening strikes' or the abuse, in a way, made things better for her. She felt attention and care from him. The following lines go on to say that Pixie realized he couldn't give her all she wanted because he didn't have much to give, in terms of love and affection. She loved his sense of danger and adventure but in the end, it ended up ruining his reputation, causing him to look like the bad guy. The last line speaks on how she hated hearing about other people getting abused and she refused to be apart of that group of statistics anymore. The lines before the chorus, Pixie admits there were days she dreamed of a life without him and she was thinking of herself at times, causing her to be selfish even though he was too. Back into the chorus, Pixie's voice sounds almost triumphant as she belts it out. In the bridge, the lyrics tell of Pixie having an appreciation for the stillness of life and she sometimes gets a little hesitant when things become too chaotic to her, reminding her of the abuse. She admits that she'll never forget him but their relationship was never meant to last and they were fooling themselves thinking otherwise. She finishes off with another round of the chorus, leading it out with a round of 'No-oh's'.

"This is truly an amazing song for me to have recorded. It was personal but that's all I'll say about that. As far as musically, I wanted to have that feeling of it building up to something and the synths did that for me. It was almost like a video game where you were heading to the next level but you were being cautious yet you could feel the tense air around you. There's something about us all that sometimes, likes to go on the wild side and play with danger for a bit and that's what this song is about. It's about being in a situation you know is bad but you stay anyway because you don't want to be cold and lonely. However, in this case, it wasn't the life meant for me and I wanted more. I didn't get the warmth I needed and I hate cold nights alone. As far as lyrically, there's a lot of moving from the present to the future and looking back at the past. It's almost a reflection of things before and then saying what life is like now without the abuse but still being obsessed or haunted by it. Rocket Boy wanted to go for lots of synths and I was against it at first but I listened to it and it just made sense."

|Lyrics|

[Verse 1]
I'm always pulling up my hood
You never acted like you should
When things got really bad I tried to outshine them with the good
We're not so perfect as hard as we try
My lips were sealed of loving lies
Feeding off energy you sent to me,
I never stood a chance

But all I asked of you was hold me not snap me in two,
The darkest days were gone but somehow they live on

[Chorus]
Now money won't revive you
You had the key to survive
But you never would just hold me and feel alright
Not even on the coldest nights

No-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh
So brutal on the coldest nights
No-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

[Verse 2]
We are so tragic when together
The lightening strikes make it much better
Always asking for much when you had so little to give
Your love for danger was adorned
Your reputation is so scorned
I never liked the tales,
Won't be a walking statistic anymore

My heart was full of dreams both with and without you next to me,
I'm selfish about my needs but so what you were too

[Chorus]

No-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

[Bridge]
I love the silence, and the still of all things
I tend to relapse inside, when things start to come alive
It was inherited, when I started living in your frame
Not letting me become your victim, not letting me become insane, no-o

I've learned to laugh when it all hurts
I saved the blood stains on my purse
Far too long that it took for me to open my own eyes
I won't forget you, that's a promise
But we were failing to be honest
Something sparked long ago, now it ran away never to be seen again

I've had time to recuperate and fix my mental state,
I love you but there is hate and even you can't deny

[Chrorus]

No-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh
Looks like it's gonna be a cold night.

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 06 November 2013 13:23:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 06/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/11/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 06/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 07/11/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 07/11/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#34 Posted : 06 November 2013 13:27:01(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
ooc: always a quality that you can take to the bank.

erica:i knew monkeys paw was going to kick ass and take names! i think someone just took my name! call the police! also,i bought mine from target. target has cuter stuff...and cashiers.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#35 Posted : 06 November 2013 23:26:29(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post

erica:i knew monkeys paw was going to kick ass and take names! i think someone just took my name! call the police! also,i bought mine from target. target has cuter stuff...and cashiers.

OOC: Thank you very much :)

Pixie: Thank you! It's become one of my top 3 on the album that I love very much. I love Target as well ;) If you're feeling that good, maybe you should purchase it on iTunes too :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#36 Posted : 06 November 2013 23:33:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: This album is so good from beginning to end *goes to iTunes*

OOC: Love this! Very excellent RP, the lyrics are faaaaaaaab :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#37 Posted : 06 November 2013 23:58:29(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: This album is so good from beginning to end *goes to iTunes*

OOC: Love this! Very excellent RP, the lyrics are faaaaaaaab :)

Pixie: Aw yay! Thank you Ms. Fierce :)

Ooc: Thank you very much :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 07/11/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#38 Posted : 07 November 2013 09:44:07(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity: I'm so proud and excited to see how far you've come. I love this album and the concept of it. You're very different and so is this album and I love that about you. :)

Sonyae: One of my fave pop albums of the year. I LOVE YOU PIXIE! <3

OOC: It's been a while before this was released but I'm really happy to have gotten the chance to read such an amazing album RP. I read all of the lyrics and the descriptions day by day and I'm really overly impressed with it all! It's really that good! Great work T! :)
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 07/11/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#39 Posted : 07 November 2013 10:39:17(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post

Pixie: Thank you! It's become one of my top 3 on the album that I love very much. I love Target as well ;) If you're feeling that good, maybe you should purchase it on iTunes too :P

erica: sorry,pixers. i have a blood feud with apple. i actually met steve jobs once. he did not personally return my "hey,steve! i loooved the apple 2 in school". so fuck him and his company.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 07/11/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#40 Posted : 07 November 2013 11:38:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Serenity: I'm so proud and excited to see how far you've come. I love this album and the concept of it. You're very different and so is this album and I love that about you. :)

Sonyae: One of my fave pop albums of the year. I LOVE YOU PIXIE! <3

OOC: It's been a while before this was released but I'm really happy to have gotten the chance to read such an amazing album RP. I read all of the lyrics and the descriptions day by day and I'm really overly impressed with it all! It's really that good! Great work T! :)

Pixie: Thank you, both of you, such high praises :) I'm so happy you both love it and I love you both! <3

OOC: Thank you :) For a while, I wasn't sure it would get released this month lol but thankfully, I'm finished. Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post

erica: sorry,pixers. i have a blood feud with apple. i actually met steve jobs once. he did not personally return my "hey,steve! i loooved the apple 2 in school". so fuck him and his company.

Pixie: Oh dear, I see your dilemma. Oh well, I'll let you slide this time ;) I still love you!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage