logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2014 12:37:30(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released March 15th , 2014
Genre Hip Hop • Alternative R&B • Indie Pop
Length 27:42
Label Permanent Reminder
Producer(s) NinaT

Love Letters

Love Letters is the debut E.P by Chinese-American Rapper Sarojini "Lotus" Lui . The E.P is planned to be released on March 15th, 2014 for #SarojiniSunday after a week of track by track streaming on Lotus' official website . The E.P was released as a surprise for promotion of Lui's debut album , Forgotten Ceremony , which contains 4 of the included tracks . Overall , the E.P splits between the genres of Hip Hop , Alternative R&B and Indie Pop . This is shown in tracks like All That Love and big girl where All That Love showcases both Hip Hop and Alternative R&B and big girl serves as an Indie Pop track with elements of R&B . For a project with just 6 tracks , the E.P shows grave versatility between genres and even topics . While All That Love is about Lotus' late sister and the E.P has been confirmed by Lotus that it mentions the now past relationship with ex-boyfriend Kendrick Lamar "here and there" , the general public is almost certain the track Experience is about the relationship . This conclusion has speculated rumors over the internet about the possibility of the rest of the tracks being based upon the topic as well , which are not exactly the best rumors seeing how the tracks touch on things like Lotus being mistrusted , played , lied to and even more .

All That Love is considered to be the lead single of E.P , even though when the single was released it was originally for Forgotten Ceremony . It was released December 1st, 2013 and peaked #4 on The Top 20 Weekly Downloads Charts and The Top 20 Weekly Airplay Charts . It managed to stay on the downloads charts for 11 weeks and on the airplay charts for 10 .

Track listing

Standard version
1. All That Love
2. In The Rain
3. Experience
4. big girl
5. Take Control (Remix) ft. Aikya Balan

Bonus version
6. FORGOTTEN

Background

After postponing her debut album Forgotten Ceremony for over 4 months and counting , Lotus wanted to give something to all of her fans who've been waiting patiently for her music . In late January Lotus put together an E.P of songs on the topic of love from Forgotten Ceremony . At the time it only included the tracks All That Love , Experience and her remix to Aikya Balan's Take Control . She took some time to listen to the E.P before considering to finalize it and decided to add in something extra . By February , the E.P contained 3 more songs , 2 of which Lotus made for the E.P only and kept off the album . "I wanted to make something about this E.P exclusive and special ." States the rapper . The 2 tracks are In the Rain and big girl which by no coincidence are the songs Lotus only sings on , with the exception of the bonus track FORGOTTEN which Lotus describes as an "acoustic summary" of her debut album .

On Lotus' website , right before streaming the first track of the E.P , she posted a letter to all of her fans entitled What Ever Happened To 12.6.13 ? . The letter talked about why Forgotten Ceremony was postponed and why she feels like she owes Love Letters to them .

"On November 9th, 2013 the ‘Forgotten Ceremony Trailer' was released on YouTube . The video contained a dope ass instrumental , a bomb ass photo shoot and an album date . I got the whole world talking about my debut . It was to be the official abolishment of all ringtone rap . (Ha , remember that ?) Now here we are , 2 months later , still no album . You guys have been the loyalest of fans and support my music to the highest and I know this long wait has probably been driving you all crazy . But you know what ? I’m a grown ass woman and it’s my music so I’ll be DAMNED if I let y’all give me some kind of deadline for when I release my sh*t !That’s why I feel I need to explain myself and make up for it . I owe it to you guys .

I had just released my debut single ‘On The Curb’ a few weeks before and was planning on releasing the title track the very next day when I let everyone know my album’s release date . At the time , I was in and out of the studio like crazy , but when dealing with an album , going to the studio like it’s your second home with no exact aim on what you want your next project to portray could only do so much . I didn't realize this until I actually sat down and took the time to listen to it without my biased opinion of how good I can rap . Bars were great , production was fine , but without an idea of what I wanted people to feel when they heard the album , I could never get every piece of myself to agree with releasing it .

Finally I got a grip on what my debut album should mean to me . ‘Forgotten Ceremony’ was to be the dichotomy of my life . That was when the album became more than an album . It became a part of me . And that’s when I became a perfectionist . I started to feel as if the album was focused too much on one theme and not enough on the other important ones . That I was rapping more about showing people how wrong they were about me than … actually showing them . The last thing I wanted to release was a project that begged for your sympathy and respect . So I announced via Twitter that the album was post-poned . I had to run back in the studio and reinvent your forgotten ceremony .

But of course , I didn’t want to keep you guys waiting for my debut . All the hype that was surrounding me backed me into a corner and I felt pressured . So though I post-poned the album like I had wanted , it was only 16 days later , like I believed you guys would’ve wanted . Of course , 16 days was not enough but I was pleased with the album after once again foolishly finalizing it . But next thing you know , I got news that a fellow rapper had also pushed their album back to my date . I immediately put the album and all it’s promotion on halt . Sonyae and Lotus releasing an album on the same date ? I could already see the headlines .

Here’s the thing , it’s pretty much inevitable that our album’s get compared . But I’ll be damned that someone I don’t like releases anything on my date . (I’m petty like that .) Like a rational person , I don’t want anything I take pride in to be associated with someone else . Especially if me and that person aren't the best of friends . And that was exactly what was going to happen if I released ‘Forgotten Ceremony’ on the same date as ‘The Pink Print’ . Just a whole bunch of reviews on how I did better than Sonyae and how Sonyae did better than me . Then you had the people who were just going to listen to my album because ‘Oh look , she’s the girl that’s beefing with Yae !’ and vice versa . Seeing how my album is that part of me I’m finally letting go and not my permit to say ‘My album been out . Where’s your’s , hoe ?’ , I was not going to put it (or myself) in that position .

So here’s where sh*t gets a little less poetic and meaningful and more lazy and ratchet . After putting my album on hold , I figured I could leave myself be . Hell , I’m a 20-year-old ! I should go do some 20-year-old sh*t ! Get laid , get high and all that top notch hood stuff . This lead to me jumping the paps , cussing out you know who w/ that one freestyle , pretty much cussing out my label owner , becoming single .. again and shaming the whores of Babylon . Eventually I stopped hiding from the studio and began to record . I only meant to postpone my album for a few weeks but I got so carried away with adding on to the album . I finally began to feel as if I have found the perfect balance between the themes — along with adding more elements to the album . The feisty Lotus , the party Lotus and the horny Lotus were all brought into the equation and I really believe I have something here . I’m more excited about releasing this album than ever before , but what’s important is that I can finally give out an official date . Only thing is … I don’t need nobody trying to steal it . Sooooo , you guys will just have to wait for me to drop this bitch on y’all .

I know how it feels to be a fanatic over someone's music and get frustrated over them taking too long to release their albums. Still do . (Gemmaaaaa ! Where the fuck are youuu ?) So I'm fully aware that many of y'all have been cussing me out over Twitter about my lack of being on time . I hear y'all loud and clear . That's why I'm making it up to you guys with my new E.P , 'Love Letters' , that I'm streaming all this week for free and will be available for purchase on #SarojiniSunday . SURPRISE ! It contains a few songs from off the album and tracks that aren't . I wanted to make something about this E.P exclusive and special , you know ? So , without further ado , LET THE STREAMING BEGIN !"

- Lotus

Critical Reception

Love Letters has been critically eulogized , worldwide . At Metacritic , which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics , the E.P received an average score of 87 , based on 38 reviews . John McDonnell of NME dubbed it "an affecting masterpiece" and commended its "delicate , unique sound and emotive lyrics ." Pitchfork found Lotus' artistry to have improved from her very first single Leader Of The Pack and stated, "Just as the music grown in this project , so has the musician" , pointing out tracks like All That Love and In The Rain for their "breathtaking" lyrics . Billboard has already described the E.P as the best they've heard in 2014 so far , which few have had their fair share of describing it the opposite . An unnamed reviewer called majority of the production "cheap" and "out of style" along with the vocals of the tracks sounding like "a bunch of notes forced through one long mumble" and the lyrics being "overtly cliche" .

While the anonymous reviewer completely bashed Love Letters , tons of critics expressed their love for Lotus' unique voice which she used in the E.P . "Sometimes you want something more than your everyday 'I'm going to scream this note and claim I'm belting it' artist ." says Nitsuh Abebe of New York . Evan Rytlewski of The A.V. Club stated while complementing Lotus' vocals , "Yes , it takes a lot to have a powerful voice , but it takes even more to wow people with a subtle one ."

Edited by user 24 March 2014 07:49:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 12/03/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 12/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/03/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 23/03/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2014 12:46:06(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erica: asian sensation! We are taking over! This is going to be great,lolo. Holding back a release to do hoodrat stuff with your friends,is pefectly acceptable
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/03/2014(UTC), kandii on 19/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 13 March 2014 13:11:42(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: asian sensation! We are taking over! This is going to be great,lolo. Holding back a release to do hoodrat stuff with your friends,is pefectly acceptable

Lotus : Yesss , #AsianNation ! We've been taking over , just been in the shadows quietly plotting . That's how ninjas do ;) . Really ? Yay , I don't have to go all "I'm grown !" on my questioning fans now . You would be the best support group , you know ? Matter of fact , you're hired . No pay though . You're no Dr. Phil..

Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 13 March 2014 13:14:52(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Single : All That Love
Artist : Lotus
Release Date : December 1st, 2013
Genre : Alternative Hip Hop
Label : Permanent Reminder
Written by : Sarojini Lui
Produced by : NinaT , inZane
Length : 5:14

"All That Love" ( sometimes also referred to as Nothing ) is a song recorded and written by Chinese-American hip hop artist Sarojini 'Lotus' Lui , from her debut studio album Forgotten Ceremony . It was released on December 1st, 2013 by Permanent Reminder , making it the first single Lotus has released after being signed on for 2 weeks . Upon it's release , it received a huge amount of critical acclaim from music critics , who enjoyed the steadily paced and heartfelt song from the rapper . The single was announced via Twitter by Lotus on November 29th after she tweeted that her debut album was being postponed . She was originally going to world premiere it on the Urban Music Awards , but since the award show was moved back at the last minute , the single was just released as planned .

Produced by NinaT , known for her previous work with her duo Rum & Coke and previous singles by Lotus , "All That Love" and was also co-produced by inZane . Lotus raps/sings it , switching back and forth between the two during the song . It was released to the iTunes Store on December 1st, 2013, and lasts for five minutes and fourteen seconds . The theme of the song according to Lotus came from a deep place inside of her . One would think she wrote "All That Love" about herself , but the rapper has revealed that she wrote this song about her late sister whom she never talks about . She wouldn't tell us how she died , but from this song , it gives us an idea or two . The song talks about how Lotus' sister who doesn't even know what love is , somehow falls in love and ends up getting played . But it goes deeper . She didn't know what she was feeling but still she dived in head first , putting all her trust , faith and most importantly love in him . In the hook of the song she explains how her sister didn't have enough love for the both of them , so she put it all in this man who mercilessly left her high and dry . After that , her sister went on to self destruct as stated in the second verse as she got hooked on drugs purposely to not only relieve the pain , but to relieve her from her life . In the first verse of the song it references the song 'Forest Gump' by singer Frank Ocean and uses the phrase 143 which stands for 'I love you' ( 1 letter in I , 4 letters in love and 3 letter in you ; originally invented as an easier to send to your partner's beeper ) , both used to express how deeply she felt for this man .

"All That Love" received a huge amount of critical acclaim from music critics who enjoyed the steadily paced and heartfelt song from the rapper . Lauren Nostro from Complex complimented Lotus' vision of Hip Hop from all of her singles , noting that she "continually refines" and "defines it's aesthetic", and noted that the track "beautifully and deeply put out a relatable situation and an even deeper reminder to girls all around " . Global Grind's Brittany Lewis described the song as one of the "profoundest" and "sincerest" rap songs of the year while Carl Williott of Idolator reviewed it and believed that the single took a "post-breakup song to absurd new heights". This comment actually made Lotus fire back at him on Twitter with her stating " [All That Love] is not a generic breakup song that went "overboard" . It comes from a real place , a real story and it happens a lot to women , especially from my generation . Don't be ignorant . "

[Verse 1]
Wake up in the morning
Already thinking of him
Oddly always on her mind , call it Forest Gumpin'
She don't understand it , don't even know what love is
Part of the reason why she can't see that all he wants is lovin'
So damn blind , it happens all the time
Cautionary tales seemed to have slipped her mind
She put forward all her trustin' and ignored the signs
Caught up in a fantasy, ain't thinking nothin' of it
He must be Prince Charmin'
Yea he's Prince Charmin'
He may not be perfect , but ain't there different versions ?
Disregardin' all the warnings , her heart's saying they're just hatin'
But her minds thinking different , still she isn't paying it no attention
'Cause 1-4-3
1-4-3
That's what the message reads every time her heart beats
But he ain't get the message
They warned her like discretion
Now he's playing her like a drum ... percussion

[Hook]
All that love , the love goes to waste
All that love , the love was in vein
Didn't have enough for both of them
So she put it all in him - put it - put it all in him
Put it all in him - put it - put it all in him
Now there's nothin' ...

[Verse 2]
Can't stop strippin'
Can't stop dippin'
Can't stop sipping 'cause she wants to stop livin'
So she never stops pushin'
Mollies stay poppin'
She's pushin' the limits but somehow still at the bottom
Under the influence but she claims she's over him
Closer to the top
The higher that she gets
The harder she's gonna drop
She's sick and tired of tryna hold on to her credit
So fuck it , she started using debit
Watch her image start to lessen
Watch her life start to cave in
All because of him
She'll never be the same
All because of him
Shit that you'd call nothing just took it to the max
Fuck is she to do when she gave a man all that she had ?
And he didn't send it back
Bet he didn't even notice it
She thought it was true love they had but he was only playing games
They told her not to do it
Damn she should've listened
But now it's too late 'cause ...

[Hook]
Now there's nothin' ...

[Bridge]
All that love she put it all in him
'Cause she didn't have enough for the both of them
Guess she should've learned what love was before she claimed she was in it
Mama always told her to love yourself more than you'll ever love him
Damn , she should've listened - damn , she - damn she should've listened

She put it all in him - put it - put it all in him

[Hook]
Now there's nothin' ...

AmyJayneXoX on 13/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 13/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 14/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 23/03/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#5 Posted : 15 March 2014 01:01:52(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Ooc: Looking great so far. I just love this character. She's one of my favorites. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
kandii on 15/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 19 March 2014 18:02:41(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Track : In The Rain
Genre : Indie Pop
Produced by : NinaT , inZane
Length : 4:18

Probably one of the most notable songs on the E.P , In The Rain follows up the starting track All That Love with it's Indie Pop sound , soft vocals and hallowing lyrics based around a relationship built off of lies and fallacies . |Why would you say this was love when you knew it wasn't ?| Asks the rapper (who's just beginning to be considered a singer) in a conversation with her ex while standing outside in the rain . By the time the song reaches this part , a poignant feeling washes over the listener as Lotus' voice fades in and out over layers of her own vocals , a small but distinctive difference from the rest of the track . Throughout the verse , Lotus reminisces on the once perfect relationship they had , believing it was all a lie with the lines |Remember when there used to be nothing but blue skies ?|Could you just have painted the shades of grey with your lies ?| . She even talks about all she's given up for the relationship , a possible nod to previous track All That Love , all accustomed by drum patterns and the soft , high cut synth pad . Though the verse tells the story and the hook wraps up the song emotionally and perfectly , the bridge is probably the most important part of the song , containing the the track's title and overall theme . It could even feel as if the rest of the song leading up to the bridge was nothing but the intro and the bridge was the verse itself . It sets the tone of the song perfectly , implying small "details" into the "plot" of the track , like Lotus missing those blue skies , even if artificial and Lotus thinking that if she had an answer from him , maybe she would forget about him instead of sleepless nights of contemplation of their love once existing or being nonexistence .

[Intro]
A fire was ignited inside and you let it burn us to the ground
Can't believe I'm still surprised
What was the point if all you ever sought was what you found ?
Just can't get this out of my mind

[Verse 1]
Remember when there used to be nothing but blue skies ?
Could you just have painted the shades of grey with your lies ?
We haven't exactly known each other for all of our lives
But I can't deny the thought of eternity once crossing my mind
You don't have to believe me but I tried
All that shit you recklessly destroyed was sacrificed
I would've left long ago , but I heard you say it , I saw it in your eyes
The way you denied us keeps me from sleeping at night

[Bridge]
No these aren't tears , it's just the rain
Thought I said I don't miss you
No , I don't want to come inside , I want to stay in the rain
Out here I wont get too close to you
Maybe the memories will be washed away by this rain
Just maybe I'll forget you
I don't care if I have to stand in the rain
I'm not leaving without an answer from you..

[Hook]
Why would you say this was love when you knew it wasn't ?(x10)

Edited by user 24 March 2014 08:55:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RoseJapanFan on 19/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 19/03/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 19/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 23/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 23 March 2014 16:51:34(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Track : Experience
Genre : Hip Hop , R&B
Produced by : inZane
Length : 3:32

|Sometimes I wonder if this is love or lust , is this really worth my trust| Starts the third track on Love Letters . With a calm and generic beat like that of Experience , it's evident that the rap was not meant to jam out to but to just simply sit back and listen . With the rap , Lotus calmly takes us through the story of a relationship falling apart due to distance , rapping careers but most importantly , an age difference . One can't help but think the song is about one of Lotus' previous relationships as her flow effortlessly "narrates" for all 3 minutes and 30 seconds of the track as if she's talking to the person at that moment or even -- like the title of the E.P suggest -- writing a letter . Throughout the song , the listener is taken through the motions of Experience with Lotus as she explains her frustration about the whole situation . |How am I supposed to repair something|When I don't even know what it's like when fixed| She asks , hopelessly , in the hook . |Don't know if I hate you , my heart just stays aching| She continues , failing to sort out the difference between hating someone and loving them in her own head . Lotus then ends the hook , pleading for clarification . |But come and fix this , you've already been through it|You have experience|

[Verse 1]
Sometimes I wonder if this is love or lust , is this really worth my trust
I wanna know the feelings are real between the both of us
'Cause long ago I used to avoid love
But when I chased it only took a close call to make me give up
So before I dive in head first
And I let you hydrate the desert where my ocean of love should fill
Clyde , put the gun down , just tell me how you feel
You say you're good with words , so what's the big deal ?
You can spit random rhymes to make some fangirl feel right
But what happens to the ink in your pen when you're on my time
We all know that you can lay down some of the best rhymes
But when I say put down your mic , it seems that you run out of lines
Nah , that's cool . I wasn't looking forward to an actual conversation anyway
We could always talk about our feelings and shit some other day
Been together for 5 months , only seen you for 2
You said you're putting me first but it feels like I'm #2

[Hook]
Don't know if it's space I need , I'm just feeling suffocated
But come and fix this , you've already been through it
How am I supposed to repair something
When I don't even know what it's like when fixed
Don't know if I hate you , my heart just stays aching
You have experience

[Verse 2]
I continuously say I'm over it , but then I always end up under you
I keep telling you not to return , but I'm the one crawling back to you
I don't know shit about love , so I can't wear the pants
But I have to anyways because you just don't understand
Don't understand how to be a man , a man for me
You're always talking about how your the bread winner , then how 'bout you do the deeds
I thought I already explained this shit to you the other day
Don't start with my shit ? You'll put me back in my place ?
Bitch , you don't and you wont and you never will
Because I know , that you know it's a big deal
The blame game never goes according to will
If we don't fuck it up , the time we spend apart will
They say a relationship that never argues is one with a lot of secrets
Well what's the point when every argument is about you creepin' ?
Nothing but unaddressed allegations because I just assumed
Nothing but distortion because we're just confused

[Hook]
Don't know if it's space I need , I'm just feeling suffocated
How am I supposed to repair something
When I don't even know what it's like when fixed
Don't know if I hate you , my heart just stays aching
You have experience

Edited by user 23 March 2014 16:52:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 23/03/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 23/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 23 March 2014 17:58:56(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Track : big girl
Genre : Indie Pop , Alternative R&B
Written by : Sarojini Lui , Nina Tarantino
Produced by : NinaT
Length : 4:28

Changing up the theme and tempo from it's heart-rendering break-up songs , the fourth track big girl adds some spice to the Love Letters E.P . Written by Lotus and Nina Tarantino (A.K.A. Rum) , this fierce Indie Pop song (which is heavily influenced by R&B) should be the anthem of any woman who's ever been mistrusted and accused of cheating . Accustomed by a drum set and a bassline , Lotus sings the song in a low tone , playing with her seemingly "limited" vocal range as she goes back and forth from hitting low notes and doing riffs and runs and sometimes both at the same time . |Boy , I'm a big girl| Lotus says over snaps and her own vocals which fade in and out throughout the whole song but only become noticeable during the hook . |'Cause boy , I'm a big girl|And I don't have to put up with yo' shit| Right after Lotus snaps at the guy who's mistrusting her , she continues to taunt him , saying things like |If I was fucking someone else , I would've introduced you to him| after the music has transitioned back to it's original beat for the second verse . This happens again after the second verse and the pre-hook but instead branched out into the outro of the song .

[Verse 1]
I know that I might be out of your league
But that doesn't mean a thing
You're the one I come home to at night
And in your arms is where I sleep
How could you have questions about who I'm sleeping with ?
Tired of wasting my time arguing
If you don't believe me that's fine
I'll just get my bags and pack up my things
My unfaithful self wont waste anymore of your time

[Pre-hook]
I wont play house , I refuse to
Satisfy your sick need to
Blame everything on me like I'm the villain 'cause
I'll be one if you want me to

[Hook]
Boy , I'm a big girl
I'm not reachin' for yo' acceptance
Boy , I'm a big girl
I think I can live without your trustin'
Look boy , I'm a big girl
I could easily get any other man
'Cause boy , I'm a big girl
And I don't have to put up with yo' shit
If I was fucking someone else , I would've introduced you to him
'Cause your insecurities aren't that intimidating

[Verse 2]
I know that I may turn heads when I walk
But you're the only one who gets my strut
But if you find believing me to be that hard
I'll have to find somewhere else to strut my stuff

[Pre-hook]
I wont play house , I refuse to
Satisfy your sick need to
Blame everything on me like I'm the villain 'cause
I'll be one if you want me to

[Hook]
Boy , I'm a big girl
I'm not reachin' for yo' acceptance
Boy , I'm a big girl
I think I can live without your trustin'
Look boy , I'm a big girl
I could easily get any other man
'Cause boy , I'm a big girl
And I don't have to put up with yo' shit
If I was fucking someone else , I would've introduced you to him
'Cause your insecurities aren't that intimidating

[Outro]
I know that I might be out of your league
But that doesn't mean a thing

thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 23/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 24/03/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 24/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 24 March 2014 07:48:14(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Track : Take Control (Remix)
Artist : Lotus ft. Aikya
Genre : Alternative Hip Hop , Trip Hop , Alternative R&B
Written by : Sarojini Lui , Aikya Balan
Produced by : NinaT
Length : 3:35

|Take control...| Aikya moans before Lotus begins to rap , adding a story behind the suggestive track . Originally the shortest track , lyrically , on Balan's debut album Mattresses & Masochists , Lotus got a hold of the song and remixed it , showing interest in it's blatant sexual message and subtle vocals over the unlikely pairing of plummeting bass lines and pinging keyboards . Not changing a thing about the original song but adding her own verses and in the bridge and outro her vocals on top of Aikya's to preserve the minimal song , Lotus turns the risque track into a promiscuous one . All throughout the song , Lotus raps in an alluring voice and in the second verse of the song , Lotus and Aikya vocal's go back and forth . |Something in my mind keeps telling me you can't handle it| Lotus raps , |But if you're man enough , better show me you love it| whispers Aikya right after . Reminding us of their hit single together Take Your Time , Take Control brings on the same amorous feelings through the Alternative Hip Hop and R&B beat .

Lotus
Aikya
Both

[Hook]
Take con ...
Take control
Take con ...
Take control

[Verse 1]
It's only me and you
So don't be scared , state the truth
It's been a while and all we've done is fought
I think it's the end result of every time we talk
I know it might seem a little diabolical
But baby it's just a thought
Can't deny it's a little admirable
I see that look in your eye every time I come close
So I'm scooting a lil' closer this time
Look me in the eye , tell me you decline
Is a love like this really hard to find ?
Is Lotus really the best ? Or do you deny ?
It ain't like it's hidden but don't make me expose it
Take off my clothes and ... tease you for a moment
You want it and we both know it
Boy I want you too and I ain't afraid to show it

[Hook]
Take con ...
Take control
Take con ...
Take control

[Verse 2]
Something in my mind keeps telling me you can't handle it
But if you're man enough , better show me you love it
But if you're man enough , better show me you're in love with it
But if you're man enough , better show me you're loving it
But if you're man enough , better show me your love and just ...

[Bridge]
Don't just stare
Just take...
Pull my hair
Just take control of me

Yea , right there
Just take...
J-just take...

[Outro]
Just take...
Take control

Don't be afraid
Just take control of me
thanks 3 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#10 Posted : 24 March 2014 08:43:20(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: I love you. I have a massive place in my collection for music like this. Your vocals are so soothing and the production on here is incredible. I love how 'dark' the EP sounds, you paint a genuine aesthetic with your music. 'In The Rain' is really something. This is already one of my favourite releases this year.

OOC; This is brilliant. Your lyrics are fantastic and the effort put into this is top.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
kandii on 24/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 24 March 2014 09:33:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Ditto what they said :)

Jennifer: Oh my god, my feels are all over the place girl! I love this, it's like, I can't even explain it but I feel like it's beyond Hip Hop, you're beyond Hip Hop. You're a breath of fresh air and it's really nice to listen to someone with such immense amount of talent and truly respects themselves and their art. I also love that it's free because I always support free music ;) Hehe, but this is seriously great. There's some important messages you've been spreading and I'm glad that not all female rappers bring shame to the genre, great job.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#12 Posted : 24 March 2014 20:20:34(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: wow I need to step up my game this is mega epic girl, I am totally gonna buy this :D

OOC- echo everyone else amazing RP here Semeria.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline kandii  
#13 Posted : 27 March 2014 15:14:24(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Looking great so far. I just love this character. She's one of my favorites. :)

OOC : Thank you , Martika :) Glad you are enjoying it !