logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 04 December 2013 13:53:02(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Biography
Sarojini Liu ( A Chinese-American Rapper & Model) better known as Lotus , was born July 7, 1993 . She was born & raised in Shanghai ,China . Her parents Seiko Liu and Dana Liu owned a Public Spa & Laundromat to support all 5 of their children ; Guoliang , Eui , Ambrocio , Isamu , and Sarojini . They left everything in China behind and moved to Newark ,New Jersey , when Sarojini was 13 . There , they lived on the thin line of Middle Class and Poverty , until they lost their Laundromat in the 2OO8 Recession .

As a child , Sarojini was outgoing . She was so sweet , pure , and innocent . She was nicknamed "Lotus" because that is what her name meant in English . Later on people told her it was because of her personality . " Lotus , was the first English word I learned . They've been calling me that since I was ... Ionn know , 3 maybe ." By the time she was in Junior School (Middle School) everyone knew her as Lotus . She was well known throughout the whole school , and all the teachers loved to joke around with her . She was known for her sassy attitude . She had her group of friends , but she tried to be cool with everyone . "In school , I was against bullying . If I saw someone messing with someone else for no reason , I would tell that person off , and most likely get into a fight . My parent would be so angry at me . They would be alike , ' Why are you gettin' scratched up for some lil' girl ?! That ain't your job !' "

When her family moved to America , she felt like she was torn from her life . When her family lost their buisness in 2OO8 , all 4 of her brothers got a part-time job , and so did her parents , still that didn't save the family from destitution . Sarojini felt like her hand was forced and introduced herself into a whole new world of crime and drugs . At 17 she became uncontrollable and her parents kicked her out . She managed to keep herself in school , and graduate high school . " I couldn't get mad at my parents for kicking me out because it was all my fault . I just told myself to stay educated , and focus on life , and not on these get rich quick deals . I guess I succeeded . As far as college ... Yea ."

Just last year she made a casting tape for a reality show for fun . It ended up going viral on Youtube , having up to 90,000,000 views up to now and gained her a name in Hollywood for her pretty face and outrageous personality . Around the time she made a blog which she still tries to keep active til this day . She ended up making it on the reality show and was offered a contract for 250,000 per episode . Though it pretty much had all credit for her being in Hollywood , she turned down the contract down to launch off her modelling career after signing a contract with the NOUS Modelling Agency instead . This all happened in the span of just 2 months . During her modelling career , her blog was barely kept up but probably due to Lotus' modelling career that was booming with business . She was featured in many magazines , including Elle , Marie Claire and was in a photo shoot with rapper A$AP Rocky for his spread in GQ not too long ago .

On October 9th, 2013 , Billboard released Lotus' promo single 'Leader Of The Pack' . " I never really took my rapping that serious . I always was more of a poetry type gal . But something told me that I should at least do something for fun . So I did and I told myself that if the crowd reacted well to it , I would make a career out of it . " Though she only did it for fun , the song did extremely well , debuting at #6 on the weekly charts . 2 weeks later , she released her official debut single , 'On The Curb' which was an A-side and B-side . After 2 weeks of it charting low , the song jumped up over 20 spots during it's third week on the weekly charts (giving her the highest jump made by an artist ever) , all the way up to #1 , making her debut single her first #1 . Then again 2 weeks later , Lotus released her third single 'Forgotten Ceremony' featuring Drew Westbrook . It debuted on the charts at #3 and broke the record of highest first week sales for a rap song .

UserPostedImage

Music

Singles

On The Curb | October 21st, 2013 | Peaked : #1

Forgotten Ceremony | Released : November 10th, 2013 | #3

All That Love | Released : December 1st, 2013 | #4

#Concussion | Released : February 16th, 2014 | #4

No Limitations ft. Liyah, Miami & Rum | Released : March 17th, 2015| Peaked : #3

King Me ft. Coke | Released : September 28th, 2015 | #2

EPs

Love Letters | Being Released : March 23rd, 2014 | #1

Albums

What We Learn? | Being released : October 10th, 2015 | #1

Unofficial Releases
Leader Of The Pack | Released : October 9th, 2013 | #6
A Lil' Too Cocky | Released : January 1st, 2014 | --
The Challenge | Released : January 12th, 2016 | #6

Edited by user 16 February 2016 07:42:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/12/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 04/12/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/12/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 04 December 2013 23:16:46(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Check out the Single (Go) Remix by Cassie Valentine featuring Lotus !
UserPostedImage

Get Lotus' newest single , "All That Love" NOW !
UserPostedImage

STREAMING : Single (Go) - Cassie Valentine ft. Lotus | All That Love - Lotus

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 05/12/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 11 March 2014 14:48:42(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

If you haven't already , buy Lotus' killer single "#Concussion" !
UserPostedImage

What Ever Happened To 12.6.13 ?

On November 9th, 2013 the ‘Forgotten Ceremony Trailer' was released on YouTube . The video contained a dope ass instrumental , a bomb ass photo shoot and an album date . I got the whole world talking about my debut . It was to be the official abolishment of all ringtone rap . (Ha , remember that ?) Now here we are , 2 months later , still no album . You guys have been the loyalest of fans and support my music to the highest and I know this long wait has probably been driving you all crazy . But you know what ? I’m a grown ass woman and it’s my music so I’ll be DAMNED if I let y’all give me some kind of deadline for when I release my sh*t !That’s why I feel I need to explain myself and make up for it . I owe it to you guys .

I had just released my debut single ‘On The Curb’ a few weeks before and was planning on releasing the title track the very next day when I let everyone know my album’s release date . At the time , I was in and out of the studio like crazy , but when dealing with an album , going to the studio like it’s your second home with no exact aim on what you want your next project to portray could only do so much . I didn't realize this until I actually sat down and took the time to listen to it without my biased opinion of how good I can rap . Bars were great , production was fine , but without an idea of what I wanted people to feel when they heard the album , I could never get every piece of myself to agree with releasing it .

Finally I got a grip on what my debut album should mean to me . ‘Forgotten Ceremony’ was to be the dichotomy of my life . That was when the album became more than an album . It became a part of me . And that’s when I became a perfectionist . I started to feel as if the album was focused too much on one theme and not enough on the other important ones . That I was rapping more about showing people how wrong they were about me than … actually showing them . The last thing I wanted to release was a project that begged for your sympathy and respect . So I announced via Twitter that the album was post-poned . I had to run back in the studio and reinvent your forgotten ceremony .

But of course , I didn’t want to keep you guys waiting for my debut . All the hype that was surrounding me backed me into a corner and I felt pressured . So though I post-poned the album like I had wanted , it was only 16 days later , like I believed you guys would’ve wanted . Of course , 16 days was not enough but I was pleased with the album after once again foolishly finalizing it . But next thing you know , I got news that a fellow rapper had also pushed their album back to my date . I immediately put the album and all it’s promotion on halt . Sonyae and Lotus releasing an album on the same date ? I could already see the headlines .

Here’s the thing , it’s pretty much inevitable that our album’s get compared . But I’ll be damned that someone I don’t like releases anything on my date . (I’m petty like that .) Like a rational person , I don’t want anything I take pride in to be associated with someone else . Especially if me and that person aren't the best of friends . And that was exactly what was going to happen if I released ‘Forgotten Ceremony’ on the same date as ‘The Pink Print’ . Just a whole bunch of reviews on how I did better than Sonyae and how Sonyae did better than me . Then you had the people who were just going to listen to my album because ‘Oh look , she’s the girl that’s beefing with Yae !’ and vice versa . Seeing how my album is that part of me I’m finally letting go and not my permit to say ‘My album been out . Where’s your’s , hoe ?’ , I was not going to put it (or myself) in that position .

??.??.14
So here’s where sh*t gets a little less poetic and meaningful and more lazy and ratchet . After putting my album on hold , I figured I could leave myself be . Hell , I’m a 20-year-old ! I should go do some 20-year-old sh*t ! Get laid , get high and all that top notch hood stuff . This lead to me jumping the paps , cussing out you know who w/ that one freestyle , pretty much cussing out my label owner , becoming single .. again and shaming the whores of Babylon . Eventually I stopped hiding from the studio and began to record . I only meant to postpone my album for a few weeks but I got so carried away with adding on to the album . I finally began to feel as if I have found the perfect balance between the themes — along with adding more elements to the album . The feisty Lotus , the party Lotus and the horny Lotus were all brought into the equation and I really believe I have something here . I’m more excited about releasing this album than ever before , but what’s important is that I can finally give out an official date . Only thing is … I don’t need nobody trying to steal it . Sooooo , you guys will just have to wait for me to drop this bitch on y’all .

Love Letters
I know how it feels to be a fanatic over someone's music and get frustrated over them taking too long to release their albums. Still do . (Gemmaaaaa ! Where the fuck are youuu ?) So I'm fully aware that many of y'all have been cussing me out over Twitter about my lack of being on time . I hear y'all loud and clear . That's why I'm making it up to you guys with my new E.P , 'Love Letters' , that I'm streaming all this week for free and will be available for purchase on #SarojiniSunday . SURPRISE ! It contains a few songs from off the album and tracks that aren't . I wanted to make something about this E.P exclusive and special , you know ? So , without further ado , LET THE STREAMING BEGIN !

- Lotus c:

STREAMING FOR 'LOVE LETTERS' BEGINS TOMORROW !

STREAMING : #Concussion - Lotus

Edited by user 11 March 2014 14:52:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 11/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/03/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 12/03/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 12/03/2014(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2014 08:10:52(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

STREAMING : Love Letters
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 24 March 2014 08:55:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 04/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 16 February 2016 07:32:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

a song for everyone who's been abandoned
a song for everyone who's doubted themselves
a song for everyone who just needs to LEARN
we're getting back to work
and we not playing any games this time around

2/19/16

Edited by user 16 February 2016 07:45:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 16/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 16/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 16/02/2016(UTC)