logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 17 September 2014 13:25:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released: September 16th, 2014
Format: Digital download
Recorded: 2014
Genre: R&B
Length: 3:42
Writer(s): Rico Love, Katriel Comyns
Producer(s): Layla Raine

Song Description & Background
Don't Have To Say A Word is a song from Pop singer Kato which features production from Layla Raine and songwriting from Rico Love and Kato. The track is the second single to be released from his upcoming album. The single has more of an R&B and a disco influence to it, similar to a Marvin Gaye track. Lyrically, the song is about appreciating a woman and knowing he doesn't have to always talk about her for people to see how amazing she is. The smooth groove of the song, gives Kato a more mature sound compared to his previous material. It kicks off with a round of steady drumbeats, setting the listener up for an fun ride of simple lyrics and a great beat to dance to. The track is oozing with funky synths and slow burning disco melodies. Kato pulls out his falsetto for the chorus, adding to the song's '70s flavor, all while keeping things contemporary with a driving, synthetic drumbeat.

CULTURE UNCUT REVIEW
Happy belated birthday to Pop's grown up Pop man, Kato! We've been with him through his bowl cut to his gel of a hair, to his publicized relationship with Isabel to their break up and now to his private relationship with Victoria Black. Despite it all, Kato has been the one constant hit maker for young Pop males in the industry, even working with top producers and other artists which also resulted in him getting his first number one album, which took forever to release. Body Rock was the first single we were devoured with. I mean it was everywhere, one of the hottest tracks of the summer (probably forgotten due to the overload of other summer tracks but it made its mark) but now the singer decides to take things to another level. It's the constant pop boy syndrome, getting serious and sounding mature. Sure, he still looks like a 14 year old girl BUT he's proven that he can hang with and even surpass some of the hyped up artists of 2014, with just one track. Going from playboy to serious boy can be tricky but in his new track, he seems to do it with ease. To switch gears from his previously released single, Body Rock which featured the up and coming but already successful young producer and rapper Deneil Khan, Kato relies on his love of old school R&B roots to take charge of his second single. The sultry single takes us inside the life of the singer and his relationship with girlfriend Victoria Black. Although the pair don't speak much about one another to the media, he sure said a lot in the lines of his track. The message behind the song is that he doesn't feel the need to brag about his girlfriend because everyone else can see how well he's doing. While I appreciate the subtle confidence in his relationship, isn't that sort of bragging in a way? Nonetheless, he transitioned from the synth filled, Dance track which was on replay during the summer parties and clubs. Now, he's decided to tone down and sound like a more serious artist, which he does well. Although his debut album, IMPRINT, was filled with some mature lyrics mixed with cheesy, tween love lyrics, he's been able to switch back and forth to appeal to both adults and teen fans, something most young Pop singers really fail to do. And let's not even mention how great his voice sounds.

Yes, the nasally, high pitched kid has finally grown up. With his new found deep bass voice, he's utilizing it very well, not just in this song but you could definitely hear the growth in his last album. This track was just the cherry on top. Wise choice sticking with Layla Raine for his upcoming album as she's already shown her vast knowledge of great R&B tunes from her track record. Although, there are some similarities between the track and Pop boy Elyar Black's new single featuring AJ. I mean both have sort of a throwback feel and both are basically about how amazing their significant other is but I think we can pretty much tell that they were both in two different states of minds when recording. The track leaves much to the imagination in terms of what to expect on his new album and quite frankly, it makes us at Culture Uncut, VERY excited.

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
I like when you put on that tiny dress
And let your hair down, you do it best
You don't need all of that make up
Been perfect since you first woke up

[Chorus]
It's unfair to be bragging, can't get you out of my head
I've been through so many loves, always been put to the test
So please excuse my behavior, if I'm acting selfish
There's not a thing you haven't heard
But I don't have to say a word

You're way too damn beautiful
For me not to appreciate
But sometimes, I don't have to say a word
For me not to appreciate

[Verse 2]
Some guys they just don't like to feel threatened
But baby I can tell that I've been blessed
Haven't reached our full potential, eh
Keeping you a secret would be detrimental

[Chorus]

For me not to appreciate
For me not to appreciate

[Bridge]
Just the thought of you is enough
And to have you to myself is just too much
But I'll manage to give you all my love
Even when I know what you're capable of

[Chorus]

For me not to appreciate (ohh baby)
You're way too damn beautiful (I don't have to)
For me not to appreciate (You don't have to)

Oh, (Sometimes)
I don't have to say a word
Oh, (Sometimes)
I don't have to say a word

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 12 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 17/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/09/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/09/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 17/09/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/09/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 17/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 17/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/09/2014(UTC), Magiiiic on 18/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/09/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/11/2014(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 17 September 2014 21:54:07(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Nicole: I'm so in live with those song I think this is going to be my new ringtone haha you're such a talented singer and writer Kato really good job on this the girls and I love it so so so so much :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 18 September 2014 03:31:53(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3955 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Elyar: Oh this is really good bro I know it was compared with my song, but to be honest yours is easily better than mine :D

OOC - Great work, you stole my jam lol!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 18 September 2014 07:06:32(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Nicole: I'm so in live with those song I think this is going to be my new ringtone haha you're such a talented singer and writer Kato really good job on this the girls and I love it so so so so much :)

Kato: Thanks Nicole, glad you like it :)

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Elyar: Oh this is really good bro I know it was compared with my song, but to be honest yours is easily better than mine :D

OOC - Great work, you stole my jam lol!

OOC: You stole mine with ATM :P

Kato: Thanks Elyar, I like your new track as well though :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 18 September 2014 07:20:52(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Jordan: I will be here in the background as Kato and Austin blow up into megastar and I can just get into the party by knowing them. This was a really good song, though I'll be mad if someone called me a girl.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 18 September 2014 07:22:30(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: Nice lyrics here, I could almost imagine irl Bieber singing them lol which is a good thing :P I like the review as well. Nice work on the RP, love ;)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 18 September 2014 09:20:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Jordan: I will be here in the background as Kato and Austin blow up into megastar and I can just get into the party by knowing them. This was a really good song, though I'll be mad if someone called me a girl.

Kato: Aw man you'll be there soon enough if you work hard ;) Don't worry, you'll get in everywhere no matter what haha, thanks for the love. It's all good, I'm not thinking about it at all. I'm excited my fans love the song and that's all that matters.

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Nice lyrics here, I could almost imagine irl Bieber singing them lol which is a good thing :P I like the review as well. Nice work on the RP, love ;)

OOC: Thank you super mucho :) That's what my rps mainly consist of; realisticness (just made that word up) but thanks, so can I which is why I chose it :P Thanks, love RollEyes
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#8 Posted : 18 September 2014 09:25:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Barbarian: Hmm...I can no longer call you little man. I'm loving your mature sound, this song is actually quite good too!

OOC: Oh my god Kato is actually starting to be too sexy lol Now you know I'm not the biggest Bieber fan, but damnn, this character works so well lol Great job with this, it came out perfect for Kato!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 18 September 2014 09:59:28(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
erica:those other pretty boys' songs make me wanna go out for ice cream. kato makes me wanna stay in for dick. big floppy,bold and brassy dicks.

nina:what?! since when did you...like the snausage?

erica:since kato sings all sexy and i know he has one,but he still looks feminine enough for me to accept.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 19 September 2014 01:10:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Barbarian: Hmm...I can no longer call you little man. I'm loving your mature sound, this song is actually quite good too!

OOC: Oh my god Kato is actually starting to be too sexy lol Now you know I'm not the biggest Bieber fan, but damnn, this character works so well lol Great job with this, it came out perfect for Kato!

Kato: No ma'am ;) I'm a big man now haha, thank you!

OOC: Thanks :) Yeah you know, can't let one of my favs be represented in a bad way on here.

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erica:those other pretty boys' songs make me wanna go out for ice cream. kato makes me wanna stay in for dick. big floppy,bold and brassy dicks.

nina:what?! since when did you...like the snausage?

erica:since kato sings all sexy and i know he has one,but he still looks feminine enough for me to accept.

Kato: Lol, thanks Erica. I'm glad you feel that way :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 19/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#11 Posted : 28 September 2014 12:58:28(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: So Kato, you know that it's super hot when you write songs about me right lol? ;)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12 Posted : 29 September 2014 00:03:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Lexi: So Kato, you know that it's super hot when you write songs about me right lol? ;)

Kato: Is it? I'll continue then :P Thanks for the love.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#13 Posted : 29 September 2014 00:40:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19129 time(s) in 7594 post(s)
Victoria: If we ever break up don't dedicate this to your new girl. This is MY song. I want royalties from it ;) Jokes aside though, I really do love this song and when I first heard it I sort of choked up :P It's a beautiful song and I better be getting an exclusive acoustic performance! :P Great job babe x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/09/2014(UTC)