logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 19 September 2009 11:41:01(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
"Pop is the heaviest kind of music," says pop star Bikki. "A punk band will write a song about war, a pop star will wage war on another. A metalhead will know where he's gone wrong and fix it himself, a pop star doesn't believe that she can go wrong and will leave the musical Photoshop to fix it when she does. A classical choir singer will back others, a pop star must always be in front. A musician of any other genre is called a musician, a pop star must be a pop STAR. That's why it's so heavy.
"I'd say I'm completely different, something else, but I'm just another solo singer who loves shopping, can't tell metal genres apart and doesn't play an instrument; one of millions of twentysomething girls with a big voice, bigger breasts and an even bigger ability to attack. B, I, double K, I. Don't forget the name - you'll be screaming it."

On her album -
"This is going to be the concept for 'Open Fire'. BIKTCH. This is what pop stars do. We find someone we don't like, we stab them in the back, handbags at dawn. I want to get the album out before I have the babies, so I'm going to have to do a lot of waking up on the wrong side of bed to write my songs. Shouldn't be too hard. The album's called 'Open Fire', and arses, it's going to live up to its name. I'm a pop star - and I'm going to act like one. Just watch me."
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 19 September 2009 11:53:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: Yes tell them bitches!
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 19 September 2009 13:43:16(UTC)
bikz

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Bikki : You should know more than anyone what it's like, I know you've had a rocky road. Stephanie Fierce is the Marmite of music - you either love her or hate her!

What I've got so far -

"Halo"/"Suffragette"
As you may or may not know, this is going to be the first single, a double A-side. I love it because the two songs are so opposite. "Halo" is different to the rest of "Open Fire", but it still has its elements of bitchiness - if you love me too much, this is telling you not to. It'll be the last track. "Suffragette" (featuring Raven Comatose) will be the first track on the album, and is the polar opposite, it's the token "song for the authorities". They both make references to Christianity, but "Suffragette" says that I'm dying for your sins, look up to me as a Godlike figure, come worship me - "Halo" says that I'm not God, I'm not Christ, I'm not an angel, I'm just Bikki. "Halo" musically is very much like the Haley James Scott (Bethany Joy Galeotti) song of the same name. "Suffragette" is more fast-paced and has a tongue-flicking, cage-dancing Shakira feel to it.

Where the idea came from
My latest work is called "Open Fire" (the title track, obviously), and I wrote it after I met my sister-in-law Fern Mason earlier on. She came over to the house I share with some of my family, to see my newborn nephew, JD. And BLOODY HELL is she annoying. Most women who have been pregnant or had children know what it's like - you just don't want to get out of bed. This doesn't make you a bad mother, just your average mother. But somewhere down the line, you're going to meet a "yummy mummy" who has more kids than the old woman who lived in the shoe (and always talks about wanting more), works two glamorous jobs, has a v. quiet husband who is the perfect father, and still finds time to make herself look like a supermodel. Fern Mason is this. So I lay in bed, feeling pukey, and turned my feelings about her into a song. Then the concept for "Open Fire" clicked. I've got "Suffragette" and I've got this new title track - why not make "Open Fire" into, well, open fire?

New songs
"Open Fire" is the first new track, I'm imagining it to sound more like slow Britpop than modern pop, sort of like something the Moronics would do. My next project is to pull Rayne Berry out of his shell to feature on a new song I'm working on, which is quite similar to his most famous song "Failboat" in some ways. I've also got something else called "Catfight Club" (working title) up my sleeve, which will be a very edgy pop tune, second to last track, and about pop stars and how we hate each other.

Edited by user 19 September 2009 13:56:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#4 Posted : 19 September 2009 13:54:48(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Bikki : You should know more than anyone what it's like, I know you've had a rocky road. Stephanie Fierce is the Marmite of music - you either love her or hate her!

Stephanie Fierce: I sure have, but I don't let the haters get to me because my fierceness blocks them away. But I've definitely needed and got help from many artist.
Just remember as long as your fans are happy anyone else can fuck off (haters, critics).

Oh and I so cannot wait for "Catfight Club" sounds very interesting. I wanna fight lol

Edited by user 19 September 2009 13:57:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 19 September 2009 23:41:19(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Bikki : Release date has been set for 2nd November 2009! Also, more info on my December tour coming soon!

Also, I'll be looking for backing. (I'm not having computerised music, I want band music.) I've already got some good friends in the business willing to help, but I want a mix of musicians. The only one on every song will be me. So, anyone who can play an instrument and wants to take part, just give me a bell, even if it's way out of your usual genre - pop or pop-related genre (or madcore/mix-genre) musicians preferred, but anyone gets a tryout. I'll probably be looking for guest vocalists too, I don't know yet.

Edited by user 20 September 2009 00:25:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
#6 Posted : 19 September 2009 23:49:17(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

OOC: Finally Bikz, I wanted to see the "Pop" side of you. Don't hold back.

Stephanie Fierce: *Marks November the second on her calendar*
Offline ALX  
#7 Posted : 20 September 2009 01:03:22(UTC)
ALX

Man

bikz wrote:
Bikki : Release date has been set for 2nd November 2009! Also, more info on my December tour coming soon!

Also, I'll be looking for backing. (I'm not having computerised music, I want band music.) I've already got some good friends in the business willing to help, but I want a mix of musicians. The only one on every song will be me. So, anyone who can play an instrument and wants to take part, just give me a bell, even if it's way out of your usual genre - pop or pop-related genre (or madcore/mix-genre) musicians preferred, but anyone gets a tryout. I'll probably be looking for guest vocalists too, I don't know yet.

Bret: I can play guitar/piano and do guest vocals if you decide to do that.
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline bikz  
#8 Posted : 20 September 2009 04:44:54(UTC)
bikz

Woman

ALX wrote:
Bret: I can play guitar/piano and do guest vocals if you decide to do that.

Bikki : Thanks! (: I'll make sure to keep in contact!
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#9 Posted : 20 September 2009 08:01:55(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Song update -
"She Wolfe"
This is the theme tune to the TV show "Quoth The Raven, 'Nevermore'", and the video will first be shown on the last episode of that. It's going to be a piece of art. This is going to be a song shared between us fab five - Joshy Firecracker, James Kairiri, Raven Comatose, Rayne Berry and me - and we're going to give you something to listen to, and something to watch.
The story behind it is more than a love triangle - this is a love pentagram. A love triangle also usually has no bottom line - this one does, as the two F47 guys happen to be bikosexual. (I love that word more than "pianist" - hehe, pianist.) Basically, love and hate are so close together, you never know what's going to happen next, whether you'd rather break your condom or break your so-called lover's leg, your mind changes all the time.
This is also Raven's song. This is why it's the theme tune, and why the song name is a bad pun on a song by Shakira and Raven's middle name. "Wolfe" sounds so masculine, and yet Raven is such a girl, the girliest girl you'll ever meet. We all have our "sides", I certainly do. And if you don't like it - then stuff it.
The song is also Raven's song. T'other Raven. It's not an out and out dedication like "Syke" by Madbirds was, but you'll notice that Raven, James and Rayne's music will have some similar elements to "WhyteStarr" by Thunderwolf, which they so kindly wrote, released and won a Birdie with after my sister Britney sadly passed away. Death is a part of love and hate - it'll come in somewhere, as an ending, as a beginning. Death is also an important element of Raven Comatose's life story. And of Rayne's, and my own.
There is so much in this song. It seems so superficial, and so evil, on the surface - but there's so much laying under the surface of "She Wolfe". Look into the open fire ....
UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#10 Posted : 20 September 2009 08:03:45(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hey, my band probebly won't be interested they'll all be high at the time, but I'd be interested in doing a solo piece? I can sing, not just scream!

Billy//Failed Youth
Offline bikz  
#11 Posted : 20 September 2009 20:05:25(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Aj wrote:
Hey, my band probebly won't be interested they'll all be high at the time, but I'd be interested in doing a solo piece? I can sing, not just scream!

Billy//Failed Youth

Sure, I'll see where I can fit you in!
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#12 Posted : 20 September 2009 22:27:00(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Song updates -

"She Wolfe"
.... will be split into two, it was too much. We're going to concentrate on Raven, and the hate she's received from Brisky et al, in this one. The more complex song will be ....

"Kairiri"
.... placed between "Suffragette" and "She Wolfe" on the album. It's named after James and Katie's surname, which is Māori for "fighter". The only lyric co-written on the album (by Joshy Firecracker and me), this one has a real storyline to it. This is my favourite so far and will DEFINITELY be a single!
This will be the rockiest song on the album as it contains Thunderwolf references in the chorus, as I said, "WhyteStarr" because of Britney - and Raven.

Tracklisting so far
Album beginning : 1. Suffragette, 2. Kairiri, 3. She Wolfe
Album ending : 8. Catfight Club, 9. Smoke & Mirrors (Is That A Kettle I See Before Me?), 10. Halo
Unplaced as yet : Open Fire, Never Mind
.... plus two more songs yet to come! (And more song info on the ones that are currently just names.)

I'll keep you updated,
-Bikki x

Edited by user 20 September 2009 22:27:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline --Raven--  
#13 Posted : 20 September 2009 22:56:39(UTC)
--Raven--

Man

bikz wrote:
Song updates -

"She Wolfe"
.... will be split into two, it was too much. We're going to concentrate on Raven, and the hate she's received from Brisky et al, in this one. The more complex song will be ....

"Kairiri"
.... placed between "Suffragette" and "She Wolfe" on the album. It's named after James and Katie's surname, which is Māori for "fighter". The only lyric co-written on the album (by Joshy Firecracker and me), this one has a real storyline to it. This is my favourite so far and will DEFINITELY be a single!
This will be the rockiest song on the album as it contains Thunderwolf references in the chorus, as I said, "WhyteStarr" because of Britney - and Raven.

Tracklisting so far
Album beginning : 1. Suffragette, 2. Kairiri, 3. She Wolfe
Album ending : 8. Catfight Club, 9. Smoke & Mirrors (Is That A Kettle I See Before Me?), 10. Halo
Unplaced as yet : Open Fire, Never Mind
.... plus two more songs yet to come! (And more song info on the ones that are currently just names.)

I'll keep you updated,
-Bikki x

Rayzor: You can have your pick of the remaining Thunderwolf members if you need musicians for "Kairiri"
Jimi: We're all willing, just let us know.
Offline bikz  
#14 Posted : 21 September 2009 06:01:21(UTC)
bikz

Woman

We have our band set for "Kairiri"!

Chorus band -
Lead vocals : Bikki
Backing vocals (pre-bridge - in the choruses post-bridge, Bikki sings solo) : James Kairiri (F47), Rayne Berry
Guitar : Jimi (Thunderwolf)
Bass : Rayzor (Thunderwolf)
Drums : The Face (Thunderwolf)
Piano : Emma Blunt

Verse band -
Backing vocals : Joshy Firecracker (F47), Billy (Failed Youth)
Lead guitar/bass/drums : Thunderwolf
Rhythm guitar : Jakey Comatose

Yes, 10-person band in total! Everyone will have their role in the video. Bikki falls asleep and wakes up 70 years in the past, singing at a cabaret. There are mobsters chasing a fair few of us, and we, the "Kairiri" (the fighters), must save ourselves from them. It's what the song's about - the chase, the fight, survival and death.

Still looking for more people to do other songs, and if you're on this and want to do more than one song, you're welcome.
-Bikki.

Edited by user 21 September 2009 06:47:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#15 Posted : 22 September 2009 10:29:20(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Tracklisting confirmed!

1. Suffragette
2. Kairiri
3. She Wolfe
4. Because Of You
5. Never Mind
6. K.I.S.S.
7. Open Fire
8. Catfight Club
9. Smoke & Mirrors (Is That A Kettle I See Before Me?)
10. Halo

-Bikki x
UserPostedImage
Offline --Raven--  
#16 Posted : 22 September 2009 16:25:20(UTC)
--Raven--

Man

bikz wrote:
We have our band set for "Kairiri"!

Chorus band -
Backing vocals (pre-bridge - in the choruses post-bridge, Bikki sings solo) : James Kairiri (F47), Rayne Berry
Guitar : Jimi (Thunderwolf)
Bass : Rayzor (Thunderwolf)
Drums : The Face (Thunderwolf)

Verse band -
Backing vocals : Joshy Firecracker (F47), Billy (Failed Youth)
Lead guitar/bass/drums : Thunderwolf
Rhythm guitar : Jakey Comatose

Yes, 10-person band in total! Everyone will have their role in the video. Bikki falls asleep and wakes up 70 years in the past, singing at a cabaret. There are mobsters chasing a fair few of us, and we, the "Kairiri" (the fighters), must save ourselves from them. It's what the song's about - the chase, the fight, survival and death.

Still looking for more people to do other songs, and if you're on this and want to do more than one song, you're welcome.
-Bikki.

Rayzor: This is exactly the kind of thing Raven would have loved to be a part of, so we want to thank you for letting us be a part of this. :)
Offline bikz  
#17 Posted : 22 September 2009 19:14:29(UTC)
bikz

Woman

No problems. I'm honoured to work with you - as I said about working with Emma, it's like musical legends working with some nobody!

More stuff ....

Release dates
14th October 2009 : "Halo"/"Suffragette" (single).
2nd November 2009 : "Open Fire" (album).
13th November 2009 : "Kairiri" (single).
21st December 2009 : "Dark Blue Winter" (album).*
24th December 2009 : "Because Of You" (single).
*The album "Dark Blue Winter", a joint Christmas release by DBM artists, will feature the song "Because Of You".
The final single from "Open Fire" will be released in early 2010, though the exact song and date are unconfirmed.

Casting calls
I'm looking particularly for artists to appear on "Halo" and "Because Of You", though interest in other songs is welcome! ;)

As for lyrical posting - the wait will be over soon! I promise!
I'm going to finalise "Suffragette" and "Kairiri", and then I'll put up the lyrics of them, "Halo" and "Because Of You".

That's all for now,
-Bikki.
UserPostedImage
Offline Lepelbos  
#18 Posted : 23 September 2009 00:39:29(UTC)
Lepelbos

I can do some backing vocals, if you can use me.
Carol Furlong
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage