logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline old.gregg  
#1 Posted : 24 September 2009 08:26:48(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My next album is still brewing, but it's going to be even more experimental than anything I've done before. I didn't know where I was going with it when I started recording but all I knew is that I wanted it to be much more full and vivid than my last, rather stripped down, release. So as the songs flowed it was clear that it was going to be a progressive/electronic sounding album, I'm also enjoying messing around with instruments and making them sound crazy. As practice, I've decided I'm going to release an online remix album where I take an artists track and really manipulate the sound (not just turn it into a dance track as so many have before, just totally mix it up and see what I can come up with). Hopefully this will improve my skills before I head into the studio to start recording my third album.

What I need is artists to let me know if they're interested in me remixing one of their songs - reply right here and let me know. Give me some info about the song, when it was released, some musical info (genre, instruments, memorable solos etc.) too so I can make a plan in my head and decide whether I'll be able to do the song justice.

Without further ado, get in contact!
Love Jakey xx
-
Offline Paradox  
#2 Posted : 24 September 2009 08:36:24(UTC)
Paradox

Groups: Registered
Man

Hey I'd like to do guitar on a couple of tracks, I'll take my pedals and maybe sing if you want to :D
-Daniel Marquez guitar/vocals, Insolent Paradox
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 24 September 2009 09:19:14(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Hey, my band's album's currently brewing too, like tea .... and it may be just your cup of tea to remix "Comatose"!
You know the one. It's emo and jazz thrown together, in a feline way. As Firecracker 47 tend to, they concentrate on vocals and bass. Roxy is a talented upcoming guitarist, Mikki is - a much better singer than she is a drummer, but neither girl is anywhere near the boys' levels of skill. The vocals on "Comatose", Joshy's tenor/countertenor "who's holding his balls" voice contrasting with James's bass "there are seas less deep" voice, work perfectly, with Mikki's mezzo feminine harmonies just finishing it off. The thing I notice most about "Comatose" is the raw emotion put into the singing. When Joshy sings "punch me in the face", he sounds rather scared. When James sings the final long note on "co-matose", you can almost feel his eyes baring into you, as if they're open while the rest of his body's dead.
Also, Raven Comatose's version of the song will be released on the 30th, without the drums or the slight "ambience" of Joshy's neighbours complaining. Her guitar style is much more complex than Roxy's, and her voice is similar to Joshy's but with more stability. It may be interesting to mix the two together.
Yours,
-Katie Kairiri [manager/producer/James's biatch // Firecracker 47]
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Synxhard  
#4 Posted : 24 September 2009 09:37:28(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hey, I was thinking you might be interested in mixing up our song 'Death Camp'. We always try to add experimental and progressive edges to our music and I am very interested in seeing how someone else will interpret the song.

Its off our newest album, 'Jeremy', here's the description:

Death Camp (8:37) - Hanson, Styxx, Demmel - A church bell rings, accompanied by a crash cymbal, while Moose plays a delicate Spanish flamenco influenced acoustic set of arpeggios, trills and melodies. Another bell and crash, and Brian has joined in, playing an equally interesting counter melody with a slighly distorted, crisp sounding guitar, reminiscent of the counter melody in the intro of 'Not Alone' by All That Remains. Slowly building up in the background, Charlie blasts out a very complex and thrashy drum beat, which sounds completely alien to the guitar playing. The different elements only come together when the band blasts into a 3 second, heavily distorted set of diminished chords, before landing right back on cue, now all playing an interesting Latin influenced acoustic passage, over which Brian takes a mind blowingly melodic solo, which he executes with ease. He joins the rest of the band in their acoustic/clean jam, and Vinny begins to sing. Slowly, the music takes on a more chromatic sound, with gaining distortion every moment. When the build-up reaches it's peak Moose plays a short and extremely fast lick, signaling for the beginning of a heavily distorted, blast beat laden chorus which is overloaded with guitar hooks/harmonies and Vinny's mix of gritty and melodic singing, spiced up by the occasional growl. They cruise through multiple verses and choruses, inter-woven with solos, riffs and instrumental breaks. Around the 6 minute point Charlie takes a drum solo that trumps even the incredible drumming of metal giants such as Hell Hammer and Brann Dailor, after which the band smashes through a few metronome breaking fast thrash riffs, which are entirely shouted, similar to Robb Flynn of Machine Head, and Brian and Moose exchange solos, before ending on a white noise.
Offline Raphaela  
#5 Posted : 24 September 2009 11:16:33(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Me, me, pick me! *raises hand*
We'd love to have you remix Charging, Comrades. It'd be an honour to us!

Short description of the song:

The song begins with a drum beat that reminds of soldiers marching. Soon you can listen to a male voice shouting "March!" in Russian. After a couple of seconds, some guitar chords are heard and soon after Favorite Son screams "Yes, sir!", also in Russian, the song begins. You can clearly tell that the guitar is the main instrument they worked out on this song. It's no longer the typical 3 chords, it has some small guitar solos on the middle and a 2 minutes guitar solo in the end.
Fat Chance's vocals are more spoken than sung. A little bit of screaming here and there, but just it.

Thanks Jakey!

-St. Jimmy [Drums/The Prisoners]
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline old.gregg  
#6 Posted : 25 September 2009 02:34:13(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Everyone so far - I'd love to remix your tracks! Thanks for signing up (:

- Jakey x
-
Offline Aj  
#7 Posted : 25 September 2009 04:17:09(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
If it'll be okay, I'd love to have Hydrogen remixed -

The song begins with a dark, low straight baseline that you can barely hear. The bassline slowly gets louder until the sound begins throbbing. After five seconds, a distorted guitar begins playing a slow repetitive riff on his guitar. Then the drum's kick in. To the beginning it's only a light tapping of the symbols but it soon turns into quite a tribal beat. As the beat and guitar picks up pace, all the while the bassline throbbing, suddenly it stops. Pause. Suddenly with a crash of symbols a violin bursts onto the scene along with the other instruments. The violin playing violently and powerfully are beautiful and quiet eerie over the top of the deep guitar playing. After this Liam begins singing. His voice almost vibrates your headphones and echoes around your skull. The lyrics describe her job and her passion, but how it is simply a fascade she puts over what in fact is a depressing and degrading life. There is no definate chorus and the same tempo and melody is played throughout, however changing notes and pitch as it goes. At the end it stops suddenly, leaving only the bassline throbbing until it finally reaches silence.

Liam//The Schadenfreude Ecdysiast

Edited by user 25 September 2009 04:30:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Regan  
#8 Posted : 25 September 2009 07:05:51(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Quarantine's new album is almost done writing and we've recorded one song so far. You can remix it if you like. The name of the song is called "Sleep-Apnea".
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline old.gregg  
#9 Posted : 25 September 2009 07:06:56(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Nice! You're both up (:

- Jakey x
-