logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 29 September 2015 10:42:38(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC: I'm the coolest nerd you know so there a lot of chess references in here that you will not understand unless you actually read the description LOL Bare with me LOL

UserPostedImage
Single: King Me ft. Coke
Artist: Lotus
Label: Songs To Live And Die By
Release Date: September 28th, 2015
Genre: Pop-Trap
Written by: Sarojini "Lotus" Lui, Airemese "Coke" Smith
Produced by: FancyN
Length: 3:37

King Me is a song by Chinese-American rapper Sarojini "Lotus" Lui featuring a chorus by Canadian-American singer Airemese Smith, known as Coke from the Hip Hop duo "Rum & Coke". The song was written Lui and Smith with production from Nina Tarantino. It premiered on US radio on September 29th, 2015, and was made available to download digitally globally on September 28th, 2015. This isn't the first time the 2 have collaborated, both featuring on the Liyah single Salute in 2013. Musically, King Me is a rap song with elements of Trap and Pop. Serving as yet another comeback from the sparsely heard of female rapper, Lotus and Coke take on a dominant yet submissive position in the chess themed sex anthem. They make it clear that they don't mind getting involved in a relationship that's just strictly sex and not mistaken as anything else. Using the song to describe the decision as taking control of their own bodies and hearts and avoiding a drama filled chase for love, they put their confidence in the one thing that they know they are both good at: quickies. The song was praised by critics for it's lyrical content, making numerous references to the popular two-person strategy board game. Some of it's notable references within the song lie within the second verse wile Lotus exposes her inner nerd and goes into depth with her chess knowledge. Below are some of the many terms used:

Alekhine's gun - A formation in which a queen backs up two rooks on the same file. As this is a formation that is usually followed with major destruction to the other side of the board, this is used as a reference to the man's sex life which is rumored to be "destructive"
Absolute pin - This is a pin against the king. It is absolute since the with this pin, the king cannot legally move. This is taking literally while she describes pinning down and taking charge of the man who's used to being in charge himself.
Bind - A strong grip or stranglehold on a position that is difficult for the opponent to break. Nods back to pinning him down and taking charge but also teasing by not letting him penetrate her yet.
Blind pigs - Since Lotus and her playmate likes it rough, she compares them to "blind pigs" which are a pair of rooks on the opponent’s second rank. They are called blind pigs because they devour everything indiscriminately. The metaphor compares their recklessness when it comes to sex.
Bishop - One of the chess pieces in the game. Though Lotus uses this as a double entendre, really referring to the position in a church as she says "Somebody call on the bishop" instead of saying God's name in vein, "Oh god!" being a common phrase during an orgasm.
Game of blitz - This line appears in the hook of the song. After Coke declares that their relationship is nothing but a constant fling, she says this phrase. It is the name of a timed game of chess, in the song it is used as a way to tell their lover that she's up for quickies and just quickies, keeping their contact strictly lustful.

Lotus' rapid flow and Coke's strong vocals on the track were well received by critics. Describing all the lyrical play as some of Lotus'best work, critics were most impressed by the growth Lotus seemed to be showing after her lengthy hiatus. Coke's powerhouse vocals only added to it, her slick lyrics crafting a memorable bridge and her belts and scales really impressing critics and showing her growth as well, finally incorporating her vocal potential on her actual tracks instead of just surprising the crowd with them when she performs live. The contrast their parts create truly creates an atmosphere. Both of the ladies managed to garner a sexy hit, both of their sensual voices easily smoothing over the track and yet quickly snapping into a demand for dominance as Lotus' verses prowls and Coke's explosive chorus prances while her hook preys.

Lotus
Coke
Both

Your game of blitz, your game of blitz, your game of blitz
Baby, I could be your quick fix
Blow out that wick, blow out that wick, blow out that wick

I could be that girl in your closet, be the world when you pause it
Be your personal ATM whenever you need to deposit
Be that girl that you fight with, but them fights got nothing to do with talking
Be that girl you collide with when you don't feel like dissolving
These ain't problems we solving, do it right, we won't have none
U and I, that ain't nothing, just a bunch of facial expressions
That algebraic perception, plug in when you don't want to feel nun'
Headed head first into this deep end, you better go for the long run

We both know who runs this board
And you know what they say bout those who live by the sword
Learned to leave no avenue unexplored
If you're the boss, tell me who am I working for?
You've already kinged me
Just by fronting like I'm not what you need
But baby, if ever need be, you know.. I.. could.. be..

I'm your knight, just in shining lace
I heard that Alekhine's gun was something hard to face
But I got you in that absolute pin, the kind of bind that's hard to get in
We're just suckers for sin, a ruthless pair of blind pigs
Somebody call on the bishop 'cause what we do ain't in vain
Feeling like we've never knew we could and yet we don't feel a thing
With me you speak proper, no time for spitting no game
And you wont need to eat out after I feed you this Lo mein

You've already kinged me

Spell it out real quick!

You're just too busy fighting
Put down your piece just for me to find it
Why do you always have to run, love?

You know it's hard to hide it, I can tell that you're excited
Easy come and go
Too bad this time you don't have control
Get used to my way (my way!)

Even this couture recognizes, there ain't nothing else like it

...Checkmate!

You've already kinged me

Edited by user 29 September 2015 10:43:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 29/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 29/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/09/2015(UTC), erich hess on 29/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 29/09/2015(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 30/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 03 October 2015 01:28:16(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: I'm living for this. This is so good, I really loved how you guys came up with the whole 'chess' concept. It feels like a pg sex song lol. But, yeah. Amazing record.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
kandii on 04/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 06 October 2015 05:42:35(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: I'm living for this. This is so good, I really loved how you guys came up with the whole 'chess' concept. It feels like a pg sex song lol. But, yeah. Amazing record.

Lotus: PG sex song, oh my goddd! Shit, I'm trying lol! I need that sessay factor for my album, is this not enough for you?! Teach me your smutty ways Cosmaa!! Thank you so much though! I never did like chess, checkers were always just so much better and easier.

Edited by user 06 October 2015 05:49:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 06 October 2015 05:49:08(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Kato: This is what I was going for with "The Game" but I think you did it better :P Like 10x better because a sexual song by two beautiful women > a sexual song by little ol' me lol. Great job ladies and glad to see you back Lotus.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 06/10/2015(UTC)