logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2015 11:16:12(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
UserPostedImage
BBC Radio 1Xtra, Charlie Sloth Radio Show, Fire in the Booth with Matt Young – AKA MattY

[Charlie fades out Rum & Coke’s new single, Keep it Clean and starts talking over the outro]

“OH MA DAYZ BRUV, DAT WAS RUM & COKE – MMMMMM – KILLING TINGS ON DERE NEW SINGLE KEEP IT CLEEEEEAN!” Charlie’s easily recognisable voice booms through the airwaves. “That was ma track ov da day brah!” Charlie plays a loud explosion sound after he finishes.

“Now today ladies and gentlemandem, I have got a treat for you all!” He plays loud siren noises as he continues talking, “Tonight...! IT IS FIRE IN DA BOOOOOOOOTH! OOH OOH OOH OOH!” he takes a short break for a second before continuing. “Now, spitting pure bars tonight, is gonna be my homeboy – the self-proclaimed King of Rap, the So-Called Saviour of Grime, The one and only…. M A T’s TO THE Y! – Matt Young AKA MATTY!” Charlie plays the sound of shattering glass as he welcomes Matt into the studio.

“Hey hey hey Charlie my brother, how you doing man?” Matt’s cool exterior resonates through his voice and over the airwaves as he and Charlie exchange pleasantries.

“NOW! Before man begins, we’re gonna play a track, then have a chat, and then listen to MattY spit some pure venom ON DA MIC!” He hollas into the microphone, “Next up is gonna be a personal favourite of mine, - enjoy”

[Charlie plays Kidd Amaze’s Behind That Curtain]

UserPostedImage

“POW! DAT WAS KIDD AMAZE, WIV HIS BANGING TRACK BEHIND THAT CURTAIN!” Again, Charlie uses one of his trademark sound effects to add extra effect. “Matt, we are getting A LOT – I repeat – A LOT of texts and tweets coming in from fans and haters alike tonight. Before we get started I just wanted to have a quick chat and help to keep the fans updated about what’s gwarn’in in the life of Matt Young!”

Matt laughs as Charlie mentions all the messages they’ve had come in already, he’s only been back on the radio for less than 5 minutes and already 1Xtra has been inundated with text messages asking him questions. “Yes mate, fire away!

Charlie clears his throat, “So firstly fam, it’s great to have you back, I take it dat dis return suggests that there is gonna be new music coming out soon yeah? And how soon can we expect to hear anything hitting the radios?”

“Well Charlie,” Matt begins, “There is a new album that I’m currently working on, if anyone follows me on Twitter, you’ll probably notice I’ve been hashtagging ‘Life.’ a lot. That is the name of the new record. There should be a single out by the end of the year with the actual full record due out at the start of 2016! So that’s about 4 and a half years since Growth came out!”

“JHEEEEZE BRUV! Is it really DAT LONG since Growth? Dat was a banging album fam!” Matt nods in appreciation. “Now secondly Matt; there has been a lot of twitter hype about you and Deneil Khan – now we now Deneil quite well her on 1Xtra, very supportive of the music man brings. What’s the beef?”

Matt laughs again, “I’m not the one with the problem, think someone is just running scared, because he’s not the only Grime-boy on the scene anymore! He seems to think that I have got no bars – he’ll soon see…”

Charlie can be heard humming in acknowledgement in the background, “Sound fam, sound. Last question Matt!” He pauses again before starting, “Why were you gone for so long?”

Matt pauses himself too before answering, as if trying to figure out the best way of wording it. “I… Well I’m sure everyone is aware of the problems I have had over the last few years,” Charlie can be heard with his acknowledging hum in the background again, “I needed to clear my head initially, and get away from the game for a little bit; needed to try to sort my… problems out.” Again he pauses, “I have actually spent a long time in and out of rehab clinics sorting my head out, and I’m pleased to say I’m good now. Much better and ready to go.”

With that Charlie plays his explosion sound again. “WELL THERE YOU GO LADIES AND GENTLEFAMS! You heard it here FIRST! On BBC RADIO 1XTRA Wiv Me, Charlie Sloth! Matt Young, THE MATTY, has got new material all coming in the next few months,” Also followed by the sound of smashing glass. “And after the next track, we’ll be hearing him with his first Fire in the Booth in 5 Years! POW!”

[Charlie plays two songs back to back; First Aliya Rose with Stars, followed straight afterwards by Anaisz – Better Days]

UserPostedImage

“YO YO YO!” Charlie bellows into the Mic, “Let’s do dis fam! Matt, You Ready?”

“Yes Charlie, Yes, Uh. Turn the music up in my headphones a bit yeah?”

“Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, MATT YOUNG ON FIRE IN THE BOOTH!” Charlie yells as he turns the backing beat up for Matt, and then he begins.

“Yo, Yo. Yeah-
Wakey, wakey, rise and shine, you think you’re ghetto? Well get in the line!
Yout’s firing shots like I’m firing bars - I’m sorry that you think that your life has been hard,
You don’t know hard till you’ve been in mine, drugs money bitches ain’t no hell of a time,
Don’t get me wrong, I loved it while I had it; but when people die you realise the habit –
Has got to stop; no matter what – before someone gets shot…
Yeah you’re right, you clearly had it worse – council estate boy, yeah you came from the dirt…
Sorry I’m not bad enough to be a part of your crew, my cookie-cutter music just doesn’t impress you…
The glitz and glam and money and fame all comes and goes like the tides and rain,
Man clearly needs a reason to get into the spotlight, his bars and melodies clearly can’t be that tight,
Yeah, okay, cool, - you’re keeping it ghetto? More like a puppet – Pinocchio, I’m Geppetto,
I’m the Saviour of Grime, the King of Modern Rap; step up to me boy, I’m ready for a scrap…”

Charlie’s sirens all go off, “WOW WOW WOW!!! INSANE BARS!!”

Matt laughs, “Yeah fam, hit me with the second beat bro!” Charlie puts on the second beat as Matt Young leans back in towards the microphone.

“Bet y’all thought MattY’s run out of bars, run out of bars, run out of bars,
I don’t think I’ll ever run out of bars, run out of bars, I’ll never run out of bars,
I’ll always keep spitting venom on the mic, whether it’s day or night,
Light or Dark, I’ll always put up a fight, gotta keeps my rhymes tight,
Yeah they’ll always be right; fam I pity your plight…
Don’t stop fighting for what I believe in,
Every other rapper, bow down or you’ll be bleedin’,
Nobody on this Earth can even try competin’,
Everybody else out there is hardly worth my breathin’,
I know it’s hard for you to believe, but I’ll never stop succeedin’,
Lie down before you hurt yourself, or soon you’ll have no feelin’,”

Charlie’s sirens go off again as Matt finishes his verse, “Holy Mother of Jesus my man! THAT WAS EPIC!” Charlie’s booming voice explodes over the airwaves as he keeps pressing all of his sound effect keys. “Matt Young I’d like to thank you for coming on tonight, can’t wait to have you on again next time!”

“Yo, Thanks Charlie, see you soon!”

[MattY is faded out as Charlie plays the next record, an unofficial dubstep remix of Lotus’ King Me]
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 11 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 31/10/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 31/10/2015(UTC), kandii on 31/10/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/10/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 31/10/2015(UTC), erich hess on 02/11/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/11/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 03/11/2015(UTC), FiveT on 03/11/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 01/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 02 November 2015 06:04:14(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Adam Black: Fire in the booth man! Everybody has been talking about you lately and you have people no time to forget. One thing that I see lately is that we both have a lot of haters but that just makes us deliver even harder as musicians. Good to see you back, I remember you from years back and it's good to see yo haven't missed a beat and that grime flow still in tact. Bring on the album!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Matticus on 02/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#3 Posted : 02 November 2015 08:57:18(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Adam Black: Fire in the booth man! Everybody has been talking about you lately and you have people no time to forget. One thing that I see lately is that we both have a lot of haters but that just makes us deliver even harder as musicians. Good to see you back, I remember you from years back and it's good to see yo haven't missed a beat and that grime flow still in tact. Bring on the album!

Matt: Thanks Adam! I know you'll love the album, so far I do!
Yeah it looks that way! I don't know what's happened for people to hate on you, but Twitter seems to be going off at you!!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 01 December 2015 06:21:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Anaísz: I fucking love your accent though! I'm sorry, lol, I just had to say it. You're a legit legend in my city so if you happen to get this message, I just want to let you know that I'ma huge fan and so glad to have you back doing what you do best! That was pure flames.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Matticus on 01/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#5 Posted : 01 December 2015 07:36:42(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Anaísz: I fucking love your accent though! I'm sorry, lol, I just had to say it. You're a legit legend in my city so if you happen to get this message, I just want to let you know that I'ma huge fan and so glad to have you back doing what you do best! That was pure flames.

Matt: Hey! Thanks Anaisz, I totally appreciate your love! I'm sorry, I don't know where you're from - but I'd love to find out! Nice to know I'm still loved somewhere!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype