logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<410411412413414>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#8221 Posted : 05 December 2018 05:53:27(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
I'm going to just vent right now to get this stuff off my mind. I work at a used car dealership but I'm not a salesman, I'm working in the finance department so I spend a lot of time with the computer looking at credit reports and talking to banks. I'm the guy that takes the paperwork that sales get from apps and tell them how much the banks are doing and what they are doing. This is a mom and pop shop though. We not a chain, or a franchise. Their two salesmen, a general manager, and myself the finance manager.

So here comes the vent, I am tired of sad stories. You know how many times I look at poor credit and people then come to me with these sad songs about how they "Just need help," "People messed me up," "It's someone else's fault." I mean I get it, you went to a car lot and bought a crapie car. However instead of learning from this mistake "Oh man they took that car but I couldn't afford it." At that point, it can go one of a few ways but let me tell you the option a see a lot of people go with. "I need transportation though, let me see if I can get another car right now."

I happen to believe that having a car on credit, cause were I'm at no one has the money to just pay straight cash plus don't know how to look to put gas in a car much less know about maintenance, You going to be giving a loan from a bank with the intent of them getting their money back at the very least. You just got your car taken away from you, You have no money to put down for a down payment. What is going through these people minds when come into another dealership.

Customer a: "Down payment? I don't have any money."

Customer b: "Do you have anything reliable under $1,000"

Customer c: "Can I trade in this car for a down payment?"

Wait a minute Jonathan what is wrong with customer c. Oh well customer c has a car that is too much and they want something cheaper. Not to bad until you see that it is a 2000 Oldsmobile that is worth 100 bucks, They still owe $2000. So they want YOU to pay that, so they can get into a 2015 car...What you say that the 2000 is too expensive why get a newer car wouldn't that cost more? Well reader your not wrong but to answer that question I say cause people are dumb.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#8222 Posted : 05 December 2018 09:22:40(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17909 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
the problem is you,you son of a bitch. "i knew you were going to make me pay money."
the quote comes from this lovely little film. i knew lots of shit was sold door to door in the olden days...but cars?! weird.

my take on your customers.

customer a: while,yeah. it can be possible. chances are your credit isnt at that level. quit trying to be slick. you know it aint happening.

customer b: go search the cars being sold on the side of the road. no dealership is going to have something that cheap. it wouldnt be worth their time to sell it.

customer c: there is a reason you dont want it. probably the same reason we dont want it.

hey! i owned one of those 2000 olds. well,the chevrolet version. the malibu. what a piece of shit those things are. at least the v6's. we had one .my mother in law had one,my brother had one. only ours was bought used. all of them had the intake valley gasket issue. eventually my brother's 2000 bu became mine. not only did it end up with the intake issue. (repaired 3 times during its life. actually freshly repaired when we junked it. but the funny part is,the last intake gasket failure was missed due to old water lines leaking.so i kept putting water in it...until the engine was nearly full of water. still ran! eventually was junked due to some weird ass alternator/engine cpu issue. the voltage regulator was integrated into the cpu and it would turn off the alternator. not good.
we had a 2005 impala that also had the intake gasket issue.fuck gm. i cant wait till the day they are bought by the chinese.

i only dealt with a dealership once . they did give me 500 for my 98 malibu. but only because it was the least they would give. this was a chain,however. but i did get my lovely,lovely 2002 saab 9-5. they screwed me over on a tire plan i couldnt use. (it clearly said it didnt cover many luxury makes,including saab on the reverse of the paper.) i'm also never buying off a lot again. i'll happily drive something i paid cash for. that saab was supposedly 11 grand....it ended up costing 21k! totally worth it though. that was what a car should be.
except for the replacement parts. i think i should have my own wing over at eeuroparts.com.

i currently sport an 06 cobalt coupe. supposedly these are pieces of shit,but i love mine. other than tires and oil,all i've replaced on it has been the throttle position sensor and the throttle body. it'd randomly die while in motion and this fixed it right up.
oh and the paint is dropping off car as we speak. i dig the rat rod look,so the joke is on gm.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline _Python_  
#8223 Posted : 17 December 2018 18:14:32(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
i got a 03 tahoe right now. most reliable SUV i've ever seen. i stand behind a vortec 100 percent, love my 5.3. ive seen people run these tahoes without oil for miles, park it, throw some oil in it and keep on rollin.

before i got the 03 tahoe i had a 03 envoy and ill be completely honest it was a piece of shit in some areas. wasnt the best looking envoy either. owner before me backed into someone, i didnt care to fix that. someone backed into the back driver side of it. i didnt care to fix that. it gave me problems here and there but honestly the whole time i owned the car i had enough trust to get in it and go.

right now im about to finish a 1965 Impala. i guess you could say im team chevy.

while we're on the subject, tho, anyone else into old cars/own an old car?
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#8224 Posted : 18 December 2018 01:48:27(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

I still have my first car a 2004 Nissan Xterra that I have for almost 10 years now. It has been soldiering through like a champ but little things are started to get to it. The exhaust is rusted, the engine has a leak, and I'm not good with auto shop stuff, but I been taking care of my baby. When it comes to old cars I really want a 1996 BMW 328i. My mom had one and sold it and I was so mad. So I'm out here looking for a good one that I don't have to dump a lot of money into. Hopefully, someone trades it in, I saw a guy trade in a 1971 stingray for a new Corvette.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#8225 Posted : 18 December 2018 02:52:05(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

65 impala? Nice.

If i had erich Hess money, I'd also have at least one 1959 Cadillac. I do dig anything with fins. But as far as owning one? No.the oldest car ive owned was an 83 Chevy truck. Long bed with a 4.3 v6 to move that beast! Loved my truck though.

A guy down the street from me has an 83?86?bmw 318. I love those body styles.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline _Python_  
#8226 Posted : 26 December 2018 09:24:32(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
I still have my first car a 2004 Nissan Xterra that I have for almost 10 years now. It has been soldiering through like a champ but little things are started to get to it. The exhaust is rusted, the engine has a leak, and I'm not good with auto shop stuff, but I been taking care of my baby. When it comes to old cars I really want a 1996 BMW 328i. My mom had one and sold it and I was so mad. So I'm out here looking for a good one that I don't have to dump a lot of money into. Hopefully, someone trades it in, I saw a guy trade in a 1971 stingray for a new Corvette.

Be ready to spend some money on a BMW when it comes time to get dirty with it. Spend some time checking it out before you buy one, too. That "Superior German Engineering" is just a part of the advertisement. BMWs are high maintenance. I wouldn't call BMW unreliable like most do, if you know what you're doing, but you said yourself you're not good at working on cars so be prepared to be paying out the ass at shops every time something goes wrong.

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
65 impala? Nice.

If i had erich Hess money, I'd also have at least one 1959 Cadillac. I do dig anything with fins. But as far as owning one? No.the oldest car ive owned was an 83 Chevy truck. Long bed with a 4.3 v6 to move that beast! Loved my truck though.

A guy down the street from me has an 83?86?bmw 318. I love those body styles.

Yeah old BMWs are nice, even the 90s like freestyle was talking about. I like them old Diesel Mercedes too. Damn good running cars in my book. Some of em will get the hell on down the road too, that's always a plus for me
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#8227 Posted : 26 December 2018 11:33:04(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

i've loved those old disel mercedes since i was a kid. must be in yellow though blue looks good on them.
UserPostedImage heres an 82 240d. i read somewhere that something like 75% of these cars are still on the road! i believe it too. i still see em almost every day.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline _Python_  
#8228 Posted : 27 December 2018 05:47:07(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

My uncle had one for a while a few years back. He gave it hell too but never had any problems out of it. It was that blue you see a lot of them riding around in lol

Real nice car really. He ended up selling it quick or I just might have bought it. Big fan of old school Mercedes.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#8229 Posted : 27 December 2018 10:51:59(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

i see a blue one almost daily. the guy must have a work schedule close to mine. i see him driving in the same spot at near the same time each day.

according to facebook,my friend bought a 56 chevy.(known him since i was 8. just isnt the kind of guy you can talk to without being face to face.) i think its a 210. it looks like its missing a lot of chrome for a bel air. but who knows? i dont think it currently has an engine. it's an old gasser drag car,so its got that funky front axle.

correction. its a bel air. it just doesnt have the chrome anymore.
UserPostedImage
its snazzy for sure

Edited by user 27 December 2018 10:58:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline _Python_  
#8230 Posted : 30 December 2018 11:14:59(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Damn! That's a good shell. He better be glad I didn't stumble upon that find first lol
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked _Python_ for this useful post.
erich hess on 30/12/2018(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#8231 Posted : 17 February 2019 23:52:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19112 time(s) in 7584 post(s)
OK so today marks my eighth anniversary of joining this little forum. Just a corny and sappy post to say how much I love you guys and this place. We're small but we're mighty and over the years I do think that we've grown closer. There's a real friends and family vibe here rather than it just feeling like a bunch of random users doing their own thing. We all support, help each other out and most of us are in contact outside of the forum too. I love that.

I joined when this place was booming. 2011 was THAT bitch. New singles dropping every day, albums left, right and centre, the bustling award shows, the DRAMA...I've watched this place grow and evolve and I've done so with it. I'm a totally different person to who I was when I joined this place (literally nnnn). We might have dwindled in numbers but we've all grown together as people and creatives. I love that for us. This place has really helped shape me in many ways. From being comfortable in my sexuality to posting pictures of my real self to nurturing my artistic side, I owe so much to this forum.

Anyway I just want to say thank you to everyone who has played a part in making this place what it is. Even sending love to previous users who may log on at some point in the future as well as members I've had "beef" with haha. Every member of this place has shared the unique experience of being in this little community and adding to our RP world. Only a few select people in the world have been part of this and I love you all!

Here's to another eight years...if the bills are paid.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 3 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 18/02/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 18/02/2019(UTC), freestylechamp on 18/02/2019(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8232 Posted : 02 March 2019 02:42:55(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 02/03/2019(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8233 Posted : 29 March 2019 04:46:25(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Life is short and you never know when it's going to end.

On the way to work today,traffic was slowing due to an accident. Typical really. These bastards can't drive for shit down here. There were like 6 cars all over. Two were stopped in the middle of the road,the other 4 were on the shoulder of this 3 lane road. In the Middle between the two cars? A motorcycle. On the road,in widening pool of very dark blood? It's rider. No helmet. The man was very very dead. It must have just happened as there were no ambulances or anything on scene. It was as grotesque as it sounds. Needless to say,I appreciate life a little more today.

Surprisingly,it wasn't a sport bike. It was Some older guy on a Harley who probably has ridden for years.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#8234 Posted : 11 May 2019 03:30:25(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Distractions we all got them life happens and gets in the way of stuff but fear not for I have returned refreshed writing songs and stuff in general again and should be on more often. A lot of stuff happen, some major some minor, will I have periods of not being here maybe, but for now, my life is in a more stable place, maybe, I hope so.

UserPostedImage

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 11/05/2019(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8235 Posted : 15 May 2019 00:18:04(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

That sonic movie looks so absolutely batshit insane.i kinda really want to see it. There is no way it could not be entertaining in it's awfulness.

Also...when did sonic fans become weird? Like...REALLY weird. I never played any of the games after 3 so I'm fairly out of touch. Apperantly there is one where he has a human love interest? When did this great shift happen? During the console wars where you were either loyal to Nintendo or Sega,works liked Mario. The cool kids were all about sonic. What happened?! Stop the world,i want to get off.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#8236 Posted : 15 May 2019 02:25:00(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

To us 90s kids between mario and sonic the last best sonic game was sonic adventure 2 for the Dreamcast. As a fellow sonic fan, he is my favorite superhero, I read the comics and looked as sonic team somehow took my childhood favorite hero and really fucked the pooch on it. The New Adventure of Sonic the Hedgehog is the only good cartoon show cause I'm not going to even talk about the other show that was a game before it. Yes Sonic fandom might have given birth to furries and cringe-worthy original characters. It has always been under wraps away from the public eye that didn't need to see the shame of what once was a proud character. To put this into terms I think everyone can understand, You know that parent that has there child in sports and think their kid is the hot shit because they themselves was good at this sport back when they were a child, Well this parent is not only yelling at ref and coach and the other kids. this parent is putting on an adult size version of the kids uniform and is getting ready to "relive" the "Glory" days by showing everyone "how it is done". We as sonic fans are the child and this v

UserPostedImage

^This is the parent, it's like Sonic Team snorted coke and was like "FUCK IT, Let's make him more human so he can fit in with the humans!"

Also Side Note how does a movie studio with a 90 MILLION DOLLAR budget fuck up the most basic thing about sonic looking like sonic.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 15 May 2019 02:33:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 15/05/2019(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8237 Posted : 15 May 2019 03:22:17(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Man, I love sonic. I still have my plush i had to order from Sega. (Now im ashamed i have this. If people see it,they'll think I'm a weirdo) sonic 2 was my favorite. Casino night zone? Or something to that effect was the shit. The two sonic cartoons was a strange concept. One was good......the other a damned fever dream.
I played a sonic game on dreamcast. I'm not sure what it was called. It was pretty and kinda fun. I didn't play it a lot, I never had a dreamcast.

Totally unrelated, but is an old Sega game. Chakan the forever man was awesome. I loved it.....and to this day i still can't beat it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#8238 Posted : 15 May 2019 03:29:52(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Talking about video games that could use a movie deal if someone wanted it Power Stone. People going around collecting stones that could make people transform. Put in a generic bad guy and you have a movie. Also I have a few sonic characters I even did a Nikeid where you could customize your shoes and got red sonic sneakers.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#8239 Posted : 15 May 2019 03:56:31(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

A friend of mine had a theory that the only reason sonic could run fast was because he wore shoes.
I laughed,but he had a point. No animals inside the robots had shoes. This theory held up with the introduction of tails and knuckles.

If angry birds can be a movie,anything can.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#8240 Posted : 29 May 2019 08:02:08(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

My theory is that any animal that has a connection to human clothing no matter what develops human traits.

Mickey Mouse shorts and gloves live in a house with his dog Pluto, who has no human clothing so does animal things,

Sonic sneakers and gloves eat chili dogs and lives with humans, once had a human love interest

Bugs Bunny might have gloves on so does human-like things while also doing animal things

Winnie the Pooh- shirt looks for honey while living in the woods but also talks to a human boy.

Also looked at the highlights from AEW all or nothing and it was fan-flipping-tastic

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage