logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 30 December 2019 16:11:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artists: Brittany Knox, Payton
Release Date: December 30th, 2019
Genre: Pop, Hip-Pop
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single
Producers: Samuel Reidhart
Songwriters: Brittany Knoxville, Payton Rodriguez
Album: TBA

“Faces” is the official single released by recording artist Brittany Knox featuring a rap verse from Latin recording artist Payton. Faces will be released on December 30th, 2019 from Brittany Knox’s soon to be titled upcoming fourth studio album. The"Faces" single serves as Knox's first official single release in over six years following Knox's two season stint on performance show Starfactory and subsequent hiatus from the music industry. The record was written sololey by Brittany Knox but features lyrics written by Payton Rodriguez. Faces was produced by Swiss music producer Samuel Reinhard and lasts three minutes and thirty two seconds.

The track was initially announced in early 2019 when Knox took to Instagram to surprise everyone with an Instagram post, unveiling the artwork to for the single. Along with the post, it was revealed that the song featured popular rap artist Payton. To some, it came as no surprise since it seems Payton has become the new trend for returning pop stars looking to get back on the charts. On the other hand, the collaboration announcement was surprising as the pair up or Knox and Payton could be be interesting interesting to hear as Knox gets ready to reintroduce herself after such an absence in music.

Faces is upbeat,smooth, catchy and features a light melodic hip-pop beat. Sonically, the track feels laid back with the light piano mixing with some percussion which allows the track to find a great interconnection between hip hop and pop. Payton's Latin accented flow is delivered with charm despite the vices he speaks of. Payton makes references to Charles Manson when he raps that he's "killing" every feature and even takes a dig at American actor Ted Danson who was criticized for once wearing blackface. Knox is melodic in her vocal delivery, staying true to her vocal prowress that has always been noted to be clear and commanding. Production wise the feel light hearted but the lyrics lyrics tell a diary-like story Of Knox’s experiences with the dark side of fame. The song dives into the discussion of the pressure of being famous where one is forced to wear a face (for every picture) when you're in the spotlight. Brittany Knox reflects on her life where she was “wearing all these faces in all these places” which is reflective of a career that seen Knox be in the center of controversies, feuds, paparazzi and media. Knox doesn't hold back as she coos “Public scrutiny, oh the commotion/Lost my cool, lost my devotion/Fragile little girl, under so much/Pressure, just had to hideaway”, Knox gives explanation to her hiatus but also sings And we’re all on a mission, to be the most famous/Forgetting who we as we get caught in the whirlwind that delves into how the industry can be competitive, so much so that a star could lose their own identity in doing so. Knox is transparent with the content of the song as it's personal in nature with the first half of the song being reflective of Knox and her lifestyle. "Faces" showcases a lighter edge to Knox's signature sound that is both more mature and fresh, while offering the melodic charm we've grown to love from the star who is now ready to get back to what she does best.

UserPostedImage

Quote:
You know, getting back into the studio was something that was both really hard for me, but also uplifting and therapeutic. Getting back in there and having to basically, start from the beginning really made me feel like a new artist again. Cause, it's been so long. I had to readjust and familiarize myself with everything again and it really was tough in the beginning but as time went on it became fun! Like, really fun. I feel that spark again and that allowed me to create something like "Faces". This song in so many ways is my most personal yet because I feel like it gives explanation to why and where I've been over these years but also allows people to relate to the things I've been through. I think it also allows others to see what is is like when you're in the spotlight because it's not all glitz and glamour. Trust me, it's really not. I literally sing on Faces "come on, you know it's hard out here. I wanted my "comeback" single to be more than just a floor filler with catchy lyrics. I felt my fans and people who don't know who Brittany Knox is deserve the proper re-introduction with a story to go with it. It's pretty funny how this song came about too. I woke up one day and just felt like it was time. Time for me to release new music. I miss being out there, I miss performing. I needed a break but I felt one day that it was time to get a new album out.

I contacted Sam, who produced the track and was like "Sam, I think it's time" and he already knew. That same day I started penning Faces. I reflected on things I've been through over the course of my career so far and I just started writing and writing. Writing more than just one song over the course of a few weeks but Faces really stands out and serves as the perfect "first song back". I heard many beats when I flew out to Sweden to meet with Sam and we worked together to create a sound that was true to me but also progressive. I didn't want anything that was "too much", I wanted something catchy and laid back and I think Sam and I really struck gold with the laid back verses and the big chorus. It all just tied in so well. The beginning section of the song felt empty to me so I felt why not get a someone to get on the beginning. I sat and thought for quite a while who would be a perfect fit and on a drive back to the hotel I heard Payton on the radio and felt the tone of his voice really fits the production and in many ways I felt he ironically fit the subject of the song. In so many ways he's a new star like I once was and I felt that we had that relations to each other. He's been in the center of media scrutiny like I was, been on Culture Uncut, had the world split on opinions about him.

I thought, wow, we really can relate to one another. I reached out to Payton and responded really quickly which was shocking because I felt maybe he was too young to remember me but no, he was really really nice and actually knew many songs of mine which was surprising. He heard the track and agreed to get on it and he finished his verse so quickly and it was ready to go. I initially announced the track earlier this year but I feel like now is the perfect time since the album is nearly done and it's a near year. I'm ready to get this new album out and get this single on the road. I can't wait to everyone to hear what Payton and I cooked up!

FACES
(featuring Payton)

[PAYTON]
This ain't a verse about Dancin’
This is for my faces no Ted Danson
Game held captive, I paid the ransom
Now I’m killin’ every feature, call me Charles Manson.

So many situations maybe I escaped my fate
And constantly I get so much hate
(But I ain't even mad at cha’)
I just keep climbin' mountains
Sumn' like parabalos
Got all these faces and every-one Fabolous

[KNOX]
And we’re all on a mission, to be the most famous
Forgetting who we are in this whirlwind

Just like you I was wearing all these faces
One for every picture, pose pose pose pose
Had no backbone, had to find myself
Come on, you know it’s hard out here

At one time I was wearing all these faces
One for every picture, pose, pose, pose, pose

Living the life, rich and famous
Playing the rules, I was shameless
I didn’t see all the danger
Faces of strangers to snake ya
With their fake faces
(Hey,hey,hey)

Media, yeah they paint ya
I didn’t know, that the pain comes
Young, dumb, no religion
Walking a path to self destruction
Puttin on all these faces, hey.

Forgetting who we as we get caught in the whirlwind

One for every picture,pose,pose,pose,pose
One for every picture, pose,pose,pose,pose

Public scrutiny, oh the commotion
Lost my cool, lost my devotion
Fragile little girl, under so much
Pressure, just had to hideaway,
(Ay,ay)

Young stars, fighting for the crown jewel
Losing ourselves in the unholy dual
Wearing these faces, in all these places
Wearing these faces, in all these places

Forgetting who we as we get caught in the whirlwind

One for every picture, pose,pose,pose,pose

You wear these faces to these places
For all these people that you don’t need
They will always leave you lonely
I see you, I see you
You wear these faces

I see you, though you hide
Just realize that you can try to keep it inside
But they’ll always leave you lonely
I see you, I see you

You wear these faces to these places
For all these people that you don’t need
They will always leave you lonely
I see you, I see you
You wear these faces

Come on,you know it’s hard out here

Sounds Like

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/12/2019(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 30/12/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/12/2019(UTC), erich hess on 30/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 31/12/2019(UTC), Welat65 on 26/01/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/03/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 30 December 2019 23:58:49(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erich: sorry, Brit. I'm here for Payton. I've had a raging hate boner for Ted danson for as long as i can remember. I want to throw a sheep at him. Ass first and super lubricated. He deserves to die from smothering in an animal's anus.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 31/12/2019(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2019 13:48:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: sorry, Brit. I'm here for Payton. I've had a raging hate boner for Ted danson for as long as i can remember. I want to throw a sheep at him. Ass first and super lubricated. He deserves to die from smothering in an animal's anus.

Payton: Werd we dun fk wit dat ninja Ted Danson he ain’t shittt boiiiii
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 31/12/2019(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#4 Posted : 15 January 2020 06:39:51(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: I’m loving the production on this. Beat is very nice. You and Payton work well together. Congrats on everything Brittany! You’ve never sounded better.

OOC: You killed the lyrics Jaime! Bravo boo
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#5 Posted : 15 January 2020 06:40:15(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: I’m loving the production on this. Beat is very nice. You and Payton work well together. Congrats on everything Brittany! You’ve never sounded better.

OOC: You killed the lyrics Jaime! Bravo boo
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 16/01/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 15 January 2020 07:41:40(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Dustyn: Yay you're back!! Feel like it's been a lifetime! Unfortunately I can relate to this song in many ways...but that doesn't stop it from being a BOP! hehe

OOC: Great work as always. It's like you never stepped away. Nice to see you back :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 16/01/2020(UTC)