logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 15 May 2020 03:46:30(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

"X"

The spine tangling magic of Cristina Lake's voice spans 10 years long, and she gets ready to celebrate her 10 year anniversary with her new album cleverly titled "X". Since rising stardom in 2010 at the tender age of 18, it was Lake's eagerness to learn and persist in the business that made her a mainstay in an ever changing music industry. Of course the road hasn't been easy for Lake who turns 29 in July, but it was her resilience that kept her going through hardship and tribulation. To date, Cristina Lake boasts three multi-platinum selling albums, a number one hit single and 11 lead acting roles just to name a few of her accomplishments. Somehow, Cristina manages to stay covert and sometimes incognito before showing her true identity and feelings through her music. Her albums have each served a purpose in the stars career. Whether it was the bright and fresh "NOLA", that first introduced Lake to the industry, or the dark and depressive, "Chasing The Renegades", that told a story of sadness, loss and overcome and 2015's "Toxic Woman" that saw Cristina adopt a new edgy persona.

Now, Cristina Lake prepares to release an album that will explore new sounds that the musician has never experimented with before all the while finding a connection with the vintage sounds of Cristina Lake to create her most cohesive body of work to date. The album titled "X", an ode to her time in the public eye has already had two official singles. "Heartstrings" and "Hypnotized" have already been released as singles so far from the album and with a new single "Show Your Scars" on the horizon, the album is very well on the way.

UserPostedImage

Artists: Cristina Lake
Title: Show Your Scars
Label: Daytime Listening
Release Date: May 14th, 2020
Genre: Pop, Soul, Acoustic Pop
Songwriters: Cristina Lake, Julian Morello
Producers: Cristina Lake, John Burk
From The Movie: Show Your Scars
From The Album: X

"Show Your Scars" is the newest official single by Cristina Lake released to digital retailers on May 12th as the official single off of Cristina Lake's 4th studio album, now entitled "X". It was known that Cristina Lake's new album was in the works since 2017, but much wasn't known about the exact album date since Cristina Lake explained that the album would be a work in progress. "X" was announced without notice on May 14th, 2020 as part of the release of the "Show Your Scars" single release. The announcement also confirms the release of a brand new movie entitled "Show Your Scars" that will chronologize the story of a young women affected by the music industry. This newest single, "Show Your Scars" was produced by John Burk and written by Cristina Lake along with Julian Morello.

This album era of Cristina Lake's has been the smoothest of all Cristina's album releases to date. The first single from the album was "Heartstrings" that came out last in 2016 and was produced by British producer, K-Gee and featured Jamel Carter (Jay-C). Heartstrings was met with mixed reviews that mostly criticized Cristina Lake for drifting into new territory sound wise and clearly shows Cristina's desire to experiment with different music types. Heartstrings sounded more R&B than anything and is contrasting to her usual ballad heavy indie releases. Responding to the criticism, Cristina Lake stated that she does not plan on keeping herself pigeon hold in 2017, and felt that she was further enough in her career to be able to explore with other genre's and generally have fun now when recording. The harsh criticism didn't hurt Cristina Lake success wise, as Heartstrings became a worldwide top 10 hit and went on to sell two million records, a successful new start for Cristina Lake. After the release of Hearstrings, fans were anticipating the next release from Cristina Lake and to their surprise, the new single came in April 2017, months after Heartstrings.

The second single was, "Hypnotized". A trippy, alternative record that also included elements of "Trap" and "Indie". It's almost hard to put your finger on exactly what genre the genre of the record represented as it could've been many. The record itself sounded dream-like, all the while maintaining that specific Cristina Lake sound and vocal that we've all grown to recognize. Slightly different and more hard hitting than Heartstrings. "Hypnotized" offered a trap-house style set of beats as Cristina Lake offered her strikingly sultry vocal throughout the synth infused atmosphere and beautifully rhythmic backing beat. Hypnotized was better received than Heartstrings, peaking within the top 3 of the charts and being critically acclaimed. "Too Young To Know" was released as a promotional record during the music drought and was a alternative pop record with near-spoken, and sung verses that open up into a euphoric chorus with a classic middle eight.

"Show Your Scars" turns the page and takes Cristina Lake back to basics. The sounds that made Cristina Lake a beloved artist in our industry to begin with. It many ways, it's reminiscent of Cristina Lake's earlier works. "Show Your Scars" speaks about feeling "brave enough" to show the "scars" you attained over the years. These scars are not just physical scars, mental scars as well. The record in some ways is very inspirational because it encourages one to be become one with their scars and to not be be afraid. The record itself is minimal in production, with the snapping of the opening the beats, backed by acoustic. But it's in "Show Your Scars" that Cristina Lake can really soar vocally. Cristina Lake sounds focused as she explains about going through the trial and tribulation of life, but seeing the scars of others. The record is both introspective and relate-able and the verses sound deep and defining. Although there is no "big chorus", it's the minimal production and the catchiness of Cristina's captivating voice along wit the snapping acoustics and beats that makes this an artsy, stripped back record but offers depth and catchiness as well. Cristina Lake's vocal performance is relaxed yet focused throughout and the song seems to get bigger and it hits the final chorus and comes to the end.

Show Your Scars

“They don’t warn you that this life is hard
Thrown in the deep end
You’re expected to know how to swim from the very start
No time to learn from mistakes
Just time to make more
It’s the cycle of fuck ups that no one will adore

I can see through your darkness, I can see into your soul
I can see through those eyes, I can see it all
I can see the strength of your heart, I can see your warrior spirit
I can see all of your pain, the heartbreak that comes with it

You’ve got a pretty big heart
But your mind is a mess and it tears you apart
You’ve got a unique sense of style but when I look in your eyes
I can tell you don’t smile
And I wonder how you make it through
When it’s so clear to see the darkness inside of you

What made you this way?
To struggle through each day
Pressure and anxiety
Don’t mean sh*t to me
So why should you be any different
Be who you are
Proudly show the world
Each and every scar

I’ll hold out a hand while you’re falling down
I’ll help you get back up again
Til’ you’re standing on solid ground
I’ll be all that you want and I’ll be all that you need
If you’ll have you me
Know that for you I would bleed
I’ll be there when it’s right
I’ll be there when it all goes wrong
I’ll help pick up the pieces
And help you grow strong

What made you this way?
To struggle through each day
Pressure and anxiety
Don’t mean sh*t to me
So why should you be any different
Be who you are
Proudly show the world
Each and every scar”

SOUNDS LIKE;

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 15/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 15/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/05/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 15/05/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 17/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 25 May 2020 02:51:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Dustyn: Cristina queen! It's nice to hear you again and I can't wait for X! I can definitely relate to this one a lot. I spent many years repressing things and also forcing a smile on my face despite not being happy. Was ashamed of my past and things that hurt me even though I wasn't at fault. Could've used a song like this back in my teen years. Hope it helps many others x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 26/05/2020(UTC)