logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 21 March 2020 02:33:12(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Public Warning
Title: A Moveable Feast
Genre(s): R&B, Electronica, Pop
Length: 57:46
Writers: Carter Lee Alafouzos, Myles Dempsey, Beau Elliot, Declan Harding, Zander Lyons
Producers: Cameron McVey, Orion Washington, EdiT., Rob Smith, Steven Wolf, inBLOOM
Executive Producer: Beau Elliot, Cameron McVey
Format(s): CD, LP, Digital Download, Streaming, Cassette
Label: Independent, PW Recordings
Singles Released: Pillowtalkin' [#1], Summer of '09 [#1], All For You [#1], Ache & Breathe [#1], Art of Letting Go [#5]

UserPostedImage

A Moveable Feast is the debut studio album from British-Irish boy band, Public Warning. It is set to be released independently in April 2020. The album was in the making for three and a half years, following their formation in late 2016. All tracks included on the album were written by all five members of the band with no outside collaboration. The album is influenced by late 90's and early 00's R&B and electronica, citing acts such as Portishead, Sugababes, William Orbit, Madonna and All Saints as inspirations. Lead singer Beau Elliot executive produced the album alongside British production veteran, Cameron McVey. Created on a shoestring budget, the band also worked part-time jobs throughout the conception of the record and many studio sessions were either gifted to them or limited in time. The album has so far produced four singles; "Pillowtalkin'", "Summer of '09", "All For You" and "Ache & Breathe", with all of them debuting atop of the singles chart.

Despite having a designated lead singer, the band is also noted for their five-part vocal harmonies, giving them a smoother and richer sound than a lot of their boy band contemporaries. Beau Elliot is the lead vocalist. His powerful belts and smooth tones have been critically praised. He also features at the core of the harmony, taking the middle range. Carter Lee Alafouzos is the secondary vocalist, having a huskier tone than Elliot. He is also noted as a rapper and takes on the second lowest harmony. Myles Dempsey is the guitarist and tertiary singer. He has a "sweet" sounding voice and takes on the second highest harmony. Declan Harding has a low baritone voice, taking on the bass at the bottom of the harmony. Zander Lyons has a naturally high falsetto tone and takes on the top rung of the harmony. Both Lyons and Harding have no solo air time but remain important within the group blend and can still be heard within.

The title "A Moveable Feast" was selected due to the boys' uncertainty of a solid release date for their album as they had a long process to work through from 2016 onward. As predicted, they endured many setbacks and thus had to push back the completion and release of the album several times.

Background & Development

Public Warning formed in 2016 as part of Lyrica Ocha's second venture into manufacturing a boy band. Ocha, former G2L member, was the mastermind behind the creation of Weekend - a group who went on to become one of the biggest selling music acts of all-time. Unlike the Weekend venture, the first set of auditions were done via video. Each hopeful would have to send Ocha a video recording of them singing and, if successful, would be contacted to travel down to London for an in-person performance. Out of 14 hopefuls invited to London; Beau, Carter Lee, Declan, Zander and Myles were the five to make the cut. The quintet would then go on to form Public Warning and live together in the small apartment in which Weekend spent their first days together. Out of all of the boys, Beau and Carter Lee were the only ones not to have had any prior professional experience in music. Declan, Myles and Zander had previously busked, played professionally and had even dealt with managers and agents.

Being formed by Lyrica Ocha, being five young boys, living in the same place as Weekend did and even having the same British-Irish setup, Public Warning knew that comparisons would be imminent and potentially debilitating. After careful consideration, the group agreed to work out their sound organically and grew together as friends and artists in their own time. This was initially met with criticism from their new management company as it meant that the group refused to sign off on any contract, fearing that labels wanted a quick cash-in on the Weekend association. The group spent time working out their voices and perfecting their harmonies together. Due to the strength and the blend of their voices, it was clear that they were more suited to a cooler, more laid back R&B style than the rockier pop direction that many of their contemporaries had taken. Continuing their journey of discovery, the band took it upon themselves to write their own tracks and build a solid foundation as writers. After several meetings and some showcases of material, a decision was made by their team to put Beau Elliot at the front of the band due to his powerful voice which in turn also helps drive Public Warning's distinct sound.

Critical Reception

Critical response to the record has been universally positive thus far, with the critics applauding the boys for their raw sound, lyrical maturity and how they managed to piece things together on their own with very little money. The Guardian called the album a "glorious body of work that showcases the best of Britain's sharp minded and talented youth". Ian Reynolds of Entertainment IE found that "although looking at them might make you think they are just some pop fluff fodder or even a Weekend tribute band, these five handsome lads are far more interesting than that. Their album shows a level of talent and maturity that I don't think a boy band has shown before, least not on their inaugural album, of course". Geraldine Hunt of The Independent dubbed the album a "masterclass on how to blur the lines" before praising it's writing and production; "Public Warning have the looks to lure in the typical boy band crowd, the likeability and personality for both kids and parents to enjoy them and, most importantly, enough edginess and experimental moments for the snobby indie crowd to be willing to give them a spin." Eddie Barlow of AllMusic branded the band and the record as "effortlessly cool" before concluding; "it's clear that these boys have a love for the darker sounds of the 90's and it reflects in both their soundscape and overall vibe. Where Weekend are all boisterous and balls-to-the-wall like, say, Spice Girls were in their heyday, Public Warning come across as a more TLC type. They have a laid back "we don't give a sh*t" air to them but it's not fake or pretentiousness. It comes with the calm and confident knowledge of knowing ones craft and it appears that these guys have nailed it the first time around."

Track Listing

Pillowtalkin'
Gimmie A Minute
Art Of Letting Go
Summer of '09
Comfortable
All For You
The Wasted Youth
Ache & Breathe
Cross Your Mind
Handful Of Heaven
Lights Off
Stretcher

HMV/Target Bonus Tracks
Too
Summer of '09 (Acoustic)

Edited by user 30 June 2020 00:43:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 21/03/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/03/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/03/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 21/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/03/2020(UTC), FiveT on 29/04/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2020 02:55:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Pillowtalkin'
Genre(s): R&B, Pop
Length: 4:37
Writer: C.L.Alafouzos, M.Dempsey, B.Elliot, D.Harding, Z.Lyons
Producer: Cameron McVey
Label: Independent - PW Recordings
From The Album: A Moveable Feast

Pillowtalkin' is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The track was released worldwide on March 29th 2019 and serves as the group's debut single and is the first track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". "Pillowtalkin'" is a pop/R&B song with slight elements of hip-hop, rock and soul and has been noted for its "moody" tone, "lush" arrangements and "unique" soundscape. The track utilises multiple instruments such as drum, bass, keyboard, electric guitar and horns. The chorus is sung in a doubled octave. Public Warning vocalise as a five piece harmonic group with each member having a designated role and unique tone, blending their combination of tenor and baritone voices to form a solid harmony. Beau Elliot serves as the lead singer. The track was produced by Cameron McVey and written by all five members of the band. The general theme of the track is the true investment of a love interest, willingness to go that bit further for them and proving themselves as more than single men just looking for a sexual conquest.

Public Warning formed in late 2016 as the brainchild of Lyrica Ocha, former G2L member and creator of Weekend. The group consists of Beau Elliot, Carter Lee Alafouzos, Zander Lyons, Myles Dempsey and Declan Harding. Ocha formed the band using the same blueprint and stages from Weekend's conception; choosing five young boys from different walks of life and moving them in together as a way of forming a close bond. Aware of such close similarities to Ocha's first group, Public Warning took time to create a more organic and alternative sound to deviate from the typical pop sounds of boy bands and comparisons to their contemporaries. Unlike their predecessor, Public Warning did not find a label during this time and have released this single independently.

Pillowtalkin'

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

You don't need a knight to catch you when you fall
No guardian angel, you're always on the case
Tired of the same old lines from all the usual boys
Trying to butter you up 'cause they're on the chase

You don't need a ride home, pass on the chariot
Too many red lights, you'd much rather walk
Mumbles classic sweet nothings like you'd never heard 'em
But you're not into that saccharine pillow talk

You know that in a minute, they're all gonna miss it
You'll strut away knowing that they'll all watch
And it drives me crazy, love that you don't make it easy
For someone like you, I've gotta take it up a notch

So I'll come harder, so I'll slide slicker
Make sure you hear me loud and clear above the noise
I know you like it stronger, stiffer than the liquor
We can leave and let the boys play with their toys
Skip the pillow talking, keep it rockin' 'til morning
You say that actions speak louder than words
Skip the pillow talking, save all the fawning
Straight to the point is the way it's preferred

I got what you need, tired of the fish in your sea
You're getting sick of treading in the same old waters
It's not too hard to see that these sailors can't compete
Abandon that sinking ship, I don't know why you even bother

You know that in a minute, they're all gonna miss it
You'll strut away knowing that they'll all watch
And it drives me crazy, love that you don't make it easy
For someone like you, I've gotta take it up a notch

So I'll come harder, so I'll slide slicker
Make sure you hear me loud and clear above the noise
I know you like it stronger, stiffer than the liquor
We can leave and let the boys play with their toys

[Electric guitar solo]

Don't be cruel, you know I'm bound to you
Turn back around like the tables in your game
We can cut this with a knife and you can't deny
With just one taste, it'll never be the same
You push and pull but I'm still on the line
Tugging the strings that bind the spark, up in flames

So I'll come harder, so I'll slide slicker (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Make sure you hear me loud and clear above the noise (above the noise)
I know you like it stronger, stiffer than the liquor (oh, stronger)
We can leave and let the boys play with their toys (with their toys)

So I'll come harder, so I'll slide slicker (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Make sure you hear me loud and clear above the noise (above the noise)
I know you like it stronger, stiffer than the liquor (oh, stronger)
We can leave and let the boys play with their toys (with their toys)

Skip that pillow talk

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 22/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/03/2020(UTC), erich hess on 22/03/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/03/2020(UTC), FiveT on 29/04/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2020 03:52:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Gimmie A Minute
Genre(s): R&B, Pop
Length: 3:25
Producer: Rob Smith, Steven Wolf

Gimmie A Minute is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the second track on their debut studio album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by Rob Smith and Steven Wolf. The original demo originally only featured Myles' acoustic guitar as it was one of their earliest records, prior to interest from producers. The track features a jittery rhythm of a low bass, playful synths and light electronic blips, contrasted with smooth and polished melodies. The vocal styling has been noted for its "moody" arrangement; almost speak-singing bar a few light harmonies. "Gimmie A Minute" sees the boys trying to avoid the awkward "where are we?" conversations in a relationship as they do not wish to ruin the good thing they have going, fearing taking things further. They're happy to remain casual, wanting to enjoy the thrills that come along with not being exclusive. Member Zander Lyons said the track was based on personal experiences as a teenager and even dubbed the lyrics as "a little mean".

Zander Lyons wrote:
"I think that Gimmie A Minute is a great song despite the lyrics being a little mean. Anyone listening would probably think "d*ckhead" but our album is all shades of life as young men. I obviously don't condone stringing anyone along like this but this stuff happens. I was like that just a few years ago in my mid-teens. It was all down to fear and insecurity, really. You'd meet this lovely girl, you'd feel amazing being in this brand new relationship and you enjoy all the fun but you just aren't mature enough to take the plunge. Some boys are. I certainly wasn't. Definitely wasn't man enough. Writing the song was difficult at first, fearing we'd come across as too mean or that we were glorifying this behaviour but we had to bite the bullet and go for it. We're all about honesty and want our music to have a real, raw aspect. I think what makes the song isn't actually the lyrics but the melody and production. There's a very interesting arrangement within the music, which I like to see as a representation of all the chaos and glory going on. Then for the vocal delivery, we decided on a really laid back, almost bored sounding approach. Totally sounding like moody teenage boys. It's a very situational track. It's about a specific phase of life. It's nothing prophetic or words to live by. I certainly wouldn't recommend taking this approach in relationships!"

Gimmie A Minute

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I'm not looking for white picket fences
Not in a rush to pick out China patterns
A little bit of good love, I lost my senses
So tangled up, how could I let it happen?
I need a minute

You say you catch yourself thinking about me
When you ask the same, I just play pretend
Wish we could talk it out, have an understanding
But I'm not sure if your heart can mend
I need a minute

I know reality's gonna turn back and bite
Forget a ring but would you settle for a good thing?
If this is wrong then why does it feel right?
Supposed to be a fling now we're caught up in strings

I can't start giving you up
My body's so used to your touch
This small talk just gets in the way
Let's save these conversations for another day
Just gimme a minute to come up with an excuse
Some little sweet nothings for you

This could be a little victory for you
If you play it my way then everybody here wins
I heard that this love thing is only for fools
We could have the fun and cut out the boring things
Stay a minute

Just don't make me your burning passion
Don't let this take you out at the knees
Wear each other out like the latest fashion
I'm happy to be just another just an accessory
Stay a minute

I know reality's gonna turn back and bite
Forget a ring but would you settle for a good thing?
If this is wrong then why does it feel right?
Supposed to be a fling now we're caught up in strings

You're never gonna get what you need
But what you want is right here with me
Don't have to love each other to the bone
Just make sure we're not spending tonight alone

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 25/03/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/03/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/03/2020(UTC), FiveT on 29/04/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 26 March 2020 04:10:08(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Art Of Letting Go
Genre(s): R&B, Soul, Pop
Length: 4:30
Producer: inBLOOM

Art Of Letting Go is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the third track on their debut studio album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by inBLOOM. The track is one of the oldest recordings from the band and was featured on a 5-track sampler which was sent out for promotional purposes in 2019. "Art Of Letting Go" is a mid-tempo pop/R&B record that experiments with pop-rock balladry and soulful melodies and harmonies. The song has been characterised as having tasteful acoustic guitars, breezy and slippery underlying beats and light harmonies akin to songs from the 1960's. The track is also sung entirely by Beau Elliot, with the others providing background harmonies throughout and all five singing the last lines of the chorus in unison. Lyrically, the song revolves around the boys reassuring their parents that life in the music industry is what they want and are destined for.

Declan Harding wrote:
"This was a song that we wanted to write from the beginning. We all auditioned for this group and pretty much never returned home. It was chaotic, there were a lot of meetings and phone calls. A lot of upset and worried mums. It all happened so fast for us and our families. We wanted a song that represented those really early days were it was like "Bye mum! Bye dad! I'm off to be a singer now!". Of course, we wanted a nice song. Something really breezy with an overall happy vibe and melody. We tried to avoid the typical departure ballad. That would just depress us all every time we sang it. This one can still bring a tear to your eye if you focus on the lyrics. I still get a lump in my throat singing this one and thinking about the folks back home. On the whole, however, it's an uplifting track. It's all about growth, facts of life, what we've learned from our parents and wanting to live our lives with no regrets. I think it's the song that me and the boys are most proud of. We had this envisioned for the longest time and it's great to see how it's turned out. I think it's a gorgeous song."

Art Of Letting Go

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

Like a bird will take flight, I gotta soar out to the horizon
There are new pastures, new places, new faces, new life
A world of colours await, dazzling and shining
But your hand pulls me back from the blur and light
I know I'm your little boy and the love makes the grip tighten
Unwrap the cotton, it's time the big kid learns to fly

We all make mistakes, let me learn from yours and mine
Only get one shot, don't let it pass on by

Different paths and doors for me to open
Symphony of a million voices singing a chorus of my name
You're scared I'll get lost in the vapours of the unknown
But who knows what stardust and treasures I may claim?
Leaping from the nest doesn't but I won't forget my home
High life or down low, the love I have is all the same

Life is uncertain and at some times, so wonderfully strange
But there's one thing you can count on and that thing is change
All the blossoms will bloom just as sure as they'll die
It's so beautiful, so tragic and such is life
Just like the sun at dawn, I need to rise and find my glow

Master the art of letting go

You fear that I'll become another number and victim
You're forgetting who taught me how to weather the storms
Neon skies await with no limits or restrictions
Loosen up the ropes, I'm ready to jump from the platform
Heavenly dreams and chapters that are still unwritten
Ready to taste the fruits of life and bask in the warmth

Trust in me, I'm still your little boy
Believe in me, I'm still the centre of your world
Don't waste your time, there's something greater down the line
Have to step out from your shadows if you want me to shine
We all need a hand but letting go, you can't avoid
But take a look at me, I'm still your little boy

Da, da, da, da
Na, na, na, na
Da, da, da, da

The art of letting go
Da, da, da, da
Na, na, na, na
Da, da, da, da

The art of letting go
Da, da, da, da
Na, na, na, na
Da, da, da, da

The art of letting go

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 26/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/03/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/04/2020(UTC), FiveT on 29/04/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 29 March 2020 04:40:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Summer of '09
Genre(s): Electronica, Dream Pop, Synthpop
Length: 4:36
Producer: EdIt.

Summer of '09 is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. It is the fourth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was released worldwide on June 2nd 2019 and served as the group's second single "Summer of '09" is a synth/dream pop song with elements of electronica and R&B and has been noted for its "ethereal" and "sparse" soundscape. The song is filled with multi-layered harmonies from the group, creating an echoing and melancholic feel. Public Warning vocalise as a five piece harmonic group with each member having a designated role and unique tone, blending their combination of tenor and baritone voices to form a solid harmony. Beau Elliot serves as the lead singer. Elliot again drives the majority of the track not unlike their debut single. "Summer of '09" marked the solo vocal debut of Myles Dempsey, who had no individual lines on "Pillowtalkin'". Only Beau and Myles have solo vocal moments on this track. The track was produced by EdIt and written by all five members of the band with the very original version being coined by member Myles Dempsey. Lyrically, the song is masked as "an ode to an old love or friendship that is impossible to rekindle" but in actuality, the track is dedicated to the memory of Myles' father who passed away last year. It references a family holiday from 2009 and how Dempsey yearns to see his father again.

Beau Elliot wrote:
"Myles came to us with this idea for a song. We always sit down and write as a team so we were surprised to learn that he had his own piece written. As he played it on his guitar, it was quite clear that it was extremely personal and difficult to get through. The original version was far more personal and raw. It was a difficult listen and even harder for Myles to sing. We all knew that it was going to be a challenge getting it down and executing it properly. After some time, Myles allowed us to rework it and make it so that it's far more palatable but still holds its true meaning. It's an absolutely beautiful song - one of my favourites. I'm so proud of us all for pulling it off so well, so in awe of Myles for sharing this piece of his heart and I've also got to hand it to our boy EdIt, who produced it. He captured the summer vibes and the melancholy perfectly."

Summer of '09

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I pick my head up off my tear-stained pillow
Today's gonna be a good one, remembering the great times
The postcard we took together sits at my window
The sounds of your laugh runs round and round in my mind
Didn't mind the sunburn or the sand between my toes
You were there and nothing mattered, was the time of our lives

I love the feeling of the warm sun
It shines bright like my favourite memories
As it rises, I wish I could return
Seems like I can only visit there in my dreams
You're not there in the morning
But believe that you'll forever stay with me

Back in the day we were kicking it like crazy
Running free just like our hearts into the night
Just laughing like idiots and campfire dancing
No rest for the wicked, stay up to morning light
We lived fast and wild through that July haze
Wish I could turn the clock back to that age
But I promise you that we will meet again
And live like we're back in summer of '09, oh ay

I thought I saw you by the pond one Thursday
Guess it was just wishful thinking, could never be true
I wrote a song for you to jam out to someday
That day never comes, each summer just grows more cruel
Remember strumming the guitar and rockin' the night away?
Well I still do it and play your favourite chords for you

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of '09, oh ay
Back in summer of
Back in summer of

I'll take the coach down to the place of my daydreams
Same time, same place, how about it, you and me?
No, I don't think that I can wait much longer
The sky dims as I hang around for your answer
The sand slips through my fingers just like the hourglass

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 29/03/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/03/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/04/2020(UTC), FiveT on 29/04/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 03 April 2020 02:49:36(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Comfortable
Genre(s): Electronica, Synthpop
Length: 3:58
Producer: Orion Washington

Comfortable is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the fifth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by Orion Washington. The track was one of the last to be completed for the album. "Comfortable" is a synth pop song with elements of electronica and R&B, combining "crisp" computer beats with "lush" and "velvety" vocals and melodic structure. The song was deliberately place to follow "Summer of '09" in the track listing as they transition well due to having a similar soundscape. The song's leading vocals are sung entirely by Beau Elliot. While the others have no obvious role in the track, they harmonise in the background of the chorus and on certain lines within the song. Lyrically, "Comfortable" revolves around the fear of falling into a committed relationship for the first time and being unprepared for love and the adult world. The song was inspired by the beginnings of Beau Elliot's relationship with fellow singer, Lexi Marie Taylor.

Beau Elliot wrote:
"This song was written much further down the line than the others. There was actually a different track in its place but we removed it because we just weren't feeling it. That's how far into the project we were at the time - putting together a rough track list. Usually when I write, I like to create scenarios or take one of the other boys' stories and run with them but this was probably the first time I dug deep into my personal life. It was a little weird opening up in the writing session at first but once I got the ball rolling, we knew there was a great song in there. I was talking about the fears I used to have about growing up and being in a relationship. My parents were far from the perfect couple, I never dated in school like most people do, I just didn't have the knowledge or the armour. When I found myself falling in love I was like "SH*T! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!?". It slowly crept up on me and before I knew it, I was hooked. I was emotionally invested and, honestly, terrified. The whole idea of the song is fighting with yourself, trying to back out to save your own skin but you know deep down that you actually want this to work and you just have to bite the bullet and go for it."

Comfortable

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I'm getting too, I'm getting way too

Yeah, I walked right into it
Wasn't looking for anything when you came my way
Like you more than I admit
I only think about you all night and all day
Gotta say I'm freaking out
'Cause I've never felt anything like this before
And yeah, I have my doubts
Never been brave enough to open up that door

I'm falling to the depths without no safety
Going further than I ever have been
Trembling, feeling all weak at my knees
What kind of magic hold do you have on me?

Why am I going to bed feeling like this
Why am I giving away all of my business?
Found myself in deep, deep waters with you
Way too comfortable, way too comfortable
Thinking about the warning signs that I missed
I'm getting way too comfortable in this

And no, I can't lie
You're the first one that I text in the morning
Do I just let it slide?
Fall into the complications I've been avoiding?
You're breaking down these walls
And I just love that you're not even trying
We could conquer it all
Guess I have to face my fears and stop denying

I'm falling to the depths without no safety
Going further than I ever have been
Trembling, feeling all weak at my knees
What kind of magic hold do you have on me?

And my hands are tied up behind my back
I'm paralysed but I think I'm fine with that
We're growing tighter than a tourniquet
Stepping into the real world, no safety blanket
Always been so afraid to crash and fall
But I really think that we could have it all

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 10 May 2020 06:09:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

erich hess on 03/04/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/04/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/04/2020(UTC), FiveT on 29/04/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 29 April 2020 22:16:17(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: All For You
Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Hip Hop
Length: 3:16
Producer: Rob Smith, Steven Wolf

All For You is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. It is the sixth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was released worldwide on July 22nd 2019 and served as the group's third single. "All For You" is a pop/R&B song with elements of hip hop and soul and has been noted for its "funky" and "throwback" soundscape. The song contains multi-layered harmonies from the group at the beginning and end of the song as well as in the background during the chorus. Public Warning vocalise as a five piece harmonic group with each member having a designated role and unique tone, blending their combination of tenor and baritone voices to form a solid harmony. Beau Elliot serves as the lead singer. Elliot again drives the majority of the track with Alafouzos and Dempsey taking on other sections, respectively. This marks the first single release that includes three members singing prominently. The track was produced by Rob Smith and Steven Wolf and written by all five members of the band. Lyrically, the song is about trying to salvage a relationship and asking for redemption after a fight, hoping to prove themselves in the process.

"All For You" is heavily inspired by the 1990's. While the majority of their work takes inspiration from that era, this track leans far more towards an urban and hip hop sound than the rest of their material, with chest pounding beats, a slick bass and layered harmonies. The original demo of the song sampled the beat of De La Soul's "Eye Know" but had to be reworked as they failed to gain clearance for the use of the track. The song opens with the boys harmonising a hook which is repeated. Backing singers Zander Lyons and Declan Harding have no solo segments but are included in the harmony section with Lyons giving the top note and Harding providing the bass, respectively. Beau Elliot dominates the track, utilising his powerful yet smooth voice over an R&B beat that suits his silky tone. Carter Lee sings the pre-chorus segments in his signature husky and raspy voice while Myles offers up the second verse in his "sweet" and "tender" vocals.

Carter Lee Alafouzos wrote:
"We really love and enjoy "All For You". It definitely shakes things up a little on our album. It still fits in with our soulful 90's sound but this one is a lot funkier and a little more uptempo. A lot of the songs that we do are very understated, rather moody and dark in tone. "All For You" has a little bit more bite and attitude to it. I love that bassline in it! We originally sampled another song but couldn't get it clear so our boys Rob Smith and Steven Wolf put together something that was in the same vein to fit the melody we had and...we just fell in love. Even better than our original idea. It went from being a cool track to "no, this HAS to be a single". The song idea was born out of Beau and his girlfriend Lexi falling out. Beau's had a...troubled life...and sometimes makes the wrong choices that rubs people up the wrong way but he has a good heart, always tries and makes sure to learn from his mistakes. He sat us down and said that he wanted to write about realising when you've "majorly f****d up", in his words words, and getting onto the road to redemption. It's a great song. I'm glad Beau is messy."

All For You

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

It's all for you, ooh, ooh, ooh

Don't you leave me out here brokenhearted
Don't you run away from all of this
Don't finish the good thing that we started
I still have high hopes and underneath it, you know
Nobody loves quite as hard as we do
You already know it's all for you, ooh, ooh, ooh

Day by day, am I slowly losing my mind?
I'm thinking of ways to wrestle the tides
All my vital signs keep on failing
Now I'm dancing towards the end of the line
Wanna make it right but I think I'm outta time

This heavy heart of yours, tethers me to the floor
Mine needs the beat of yours, warm me to the core
As the days pass out in the cold, I fall down furthermore
Can we shake the pride and end our civil war?

I still have high hopes, don't deliver a low blow

Seasons will change and time will pass us by
Still I won't let up, so hard for me to let it die
You're my IV, the drug I'm needing
I'm spiralling, my hands inches away from the fire
Wanna turn it back around, sit on the edge of desire

This heavy heart of yours, tethers me to the floor
Mine needs the beat of yours, warm me to the core
As the days pass out in the cold, I fall down furthermore
Can we shake the pride and end our civil war?

Reach out and touch me, if you really want me to beg
Talk to me, say everything that needs to be said
Give me honesty, you know it has to work both ways
Tell me anything that you want, your desires, I'll make it work
It's all for you

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 29/04/2020(UTC), FiveT on 29/04/2020(UTC), erich hess on 30/04/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/05/2020(UTC), Welat65 on 07/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 10 May 2020 05:07:18(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: The Wasted Youth
Genre(s): Trip Hop, Pop, R&B
Length: 3:48

The Wasted Youth is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the seventh track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by Cameron McVey. "The Wasted Youth" is a pop song with strong trip hop and R&B influences. With "haunting" piano keys, "foreboding" violin strings and a "trembling" trip hop beat laying underneath, the song creates a very "dark" atmosphere, only further amplified by the moody vocals and jarring lyrical content. Originally, the first version of the song was discarded from the album but later saved and reworked as they members believed it had more potential. The song is lead by Beau Elliott and Carter Lee Alafouzos, with all five members coming together to do their signature five-piece harmonies on the choruses. "The Wasted Youth" acts as a response to those who look down on the youth of today as well as a hot take on the society that this generation have to try to live in. They are essentially making the most out of what they have and wish to live with no regrets in spite of fears and the harshness of the world.

Myles Dempsey wrote:
"This is one of my favourite tracks. It's just so haunting, jarring and yet oddly comforting. There's a lot of grit within the production and some of the lyrics but there's an eerie calmness to it too. Very soft vocals, lush harmonies and production that hits the spot without being too over the top. It really creates an atmosphere. When I hear it, I imagine the dark streets of London and that was actually the inspiration. I think that the world we live in today is a tough one and what this generation is dealing with, what we're interested in, what our goals are - they're all very different to the generation that preceded us and I think that causes a lot of friction and misunderstandings. The song is a kind of twisted, maybe sarcastic but definitely REAL take what it's like to be young today. The economy is against us, the politics are against us, the state of the planet is against us...and the song is just about finding some fun and sense of youth within a struggle. It's about being conscious that you don't want to waste your youth away worrying and start living your life at 40. It's essentially a song about mortality. As blunt as it sounds, basically - we're all gonna die anyway so I'm going to enjoy what I have right now even if it's not perfect."

The Wasted Youth

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

Little situations keep weighing on my brain
Growing heavier with each passing day
I've always struggled to wave things goodbye
Find it even harder just to stay alive
But you may have noticed that I still stand here
The drive and dream are bigger than the fear

You say these streets are growing meaner
Bet where you are, the grass is greener
Don't have to play with the cards I was dealt
But I'm kinda liking what I've built

So let's raise another for the wasted youth
Sing our hearts out, let them hear our truth
Go ahead and walk the wire tonight
We can play around out on the thin ice
If consequence and I should ever meet
Then I recommend that he cross the street
Enjoy it now 'cause it's gone too soon

I don't mind breaking my bread with sinners
OK, maybe I have a little taste for danger
These are my brothers, these are my sisters, my friends
And if push comes to shove, I'd die for them
Can't all be picture perfect, sitting pretty in line
Trying to make a meal out of these scraps of life

You say these streets are growing meaner
Bet where you are, the grass is greener
Don't have to play with the cards I was dealt
But I'm kinda liking what I've built

I'm just gonna do what I gotta do
I'm not tryin' to change your point of view
So what if disaster's only a minute away?
Yeah, that's just me on a good day

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Famouss7x7 on 10/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 10/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 10/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#9 Posted : 10 May 2020 06:20:33(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Ache & Breathe
Genre(s): Pop, Electropop, Synthpop
Length: 4:16
Writers: C.L.Alafouzos, M.Dempsey, B.Elliot, D.Harding, Z.Lyons
Producers: Cameron McVey

Ache & Breathe is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The track was released worldwide on March 16th 2020 and serves as the group's fourth single, and eighth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". "Ache & Breathe" is a pop song with slight elements of electronica, rock and R&B and has been noted for its "brooding" and "bizarre" arrangements. The track was written by all five members of the band and produced by Cameron McVey. Lyrically, the song is aimed at someone who is struggling with the pressures of life and all that comes with being human, fearing; death, change, heartbreak and loss. While those things are inevitable, the human qualities such as love and compassion are essential to living. The song has been noted and praised for its unconventional structure with the chorus not coming in until over the two minute mark, an instrumental break early on in the track and multiple different rhyming and line structures. Due to its non-traditional format, a radio edit was also released which has rearranged segments and is shorter in length for commercial appeal.

Carter Lee Alafouzos wrote:
"I think that Ache & Breathe is the most challenging and complex song we've ever done. The idea of the song was born from a conversation between myself and Myles at home. Both of our fathers have passed away and we were sort of reflecting on mortality, the purpose of life and some really profound stuff over the kitchen table. My father was very much a worrier and while a lovely man, had quite a pessimistic view on life. Whereas Myles' dad was such an optimist with a zest for life. In a way, this song was written like a conversation between our fathers. It touches on the light and dark. There's a lot of talk about all the great things that are awaiting "on the other side" which could refer to overcoming hurdles or indeed the afterlife. It's such an intense song and we knew the production had to do it justice too. We set out to create a perfect combination of both chaos and calm. The verses are really long, we didn't refine much, and the melodies are like a rush jumble of words. The whole structure of the song is on its head too. However, through all of that, there's a constant, calm and stable lick of a guitar and solid bass that keeps the track grounded while everything else flies around."

Ache & Breathe

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

There's a Hell that tethers us down
Burns and binds our feeble little hands
It's our world but this is foreign land
Gazing at the skies for something profound
Wanna take your hand, show you Heaven
Search for something that has you begging for seconds

Wading through the mud with no end goal
Trying to ignore the bullet in the muscle
Others swim on by when you just want to sink
Fighting through the noise just to sit and think

I'm also stuck out in the darkness
But through the smog, I sing your name
Will you believe in my intentions of kindness?
Will you ever be the same?

[Instrumental Break]

Teetering over the open mouth of a grave
Too many road signs, so many different ways
With all these flavours how do we even behave?
Realising that nobody ever wins

Sometimes I feel like leaving it all behind
Not the only one who has haunting thoughts at night
But there are too many treasures to let pass us by
When something ends, a new beauty begins

I know it hurts to be all flesh and bone
But you can't tell the wind not to blow
It's not a fair life but it's the one we got
It's a slippery road, almost lost control
Ride with me, you don't have to do it alone
I'll help you escape all these jagged thoughts

Don't waste your time with hate and regret
All this back and forth inside your head
Caught up in finding something to claim
Oh, you just can't see
Remember that all of us, we ache and breathe
Been crushed and pulled, brought to our knees
What you feel, I've felt the same
Relax and give yourself to me

There comes many times when we all fall down
Weak and buckling like lambs to the slaughter
Can't stop the world from spinning 'round
But there's always time to rest on my shoulder
I wanna see all the wonder you hide
Fall in deeper than we've gone before
Take my hand and we'll roll with the tide
Of course I'm scared but I won't let it show

I know it hurts to be all flesh and bone
But you can't tell the wind not to blow
It's not a fair life but it's the one we got
It's a slippery road, almost lost control
Ride with me, you don't have to do it alone
I'll help you escape all these jagged thoughts

Oh, you just can't see

Oh, you just can't see

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 11 May 2020 02:36:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

erich hess on 10/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 10/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/05/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 11 May 2020 02:34:40(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Cross Your Mind
Genre(s): Pop, Electropop, R&B
Length: 3:24
Writers: C.L.Alafouzos, M.Dempsey, B.Elliot, D.Harding, Z.Lyons
Producers: Orion Washington

Cross Your Mind is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the ninth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by Orion Washington. "Cross Your Mind" is a mid-tempo pop song with a heavy electro-R&B fusion. Like most of the tracks situated within this section of the album, the song has a very "dark" and "brooding" atmosphere, with heavy and dramatic bass, soft and low vocals and "ghostly" layered backing harmonies. It is one of the few songs within the record to have lead vocals shared almost equally by three members; Beau Elliot, Myles Dempsey and Carter Lee Alafouzos. While being an overall vocally subdued track, the climax of the song is noted for Beau Elliot's huge belts and ad-libs, also singing in an extremely high falsetto that verges extremely close to a whistle note, which is difficult for male vocalists to achieve. Lyrically, "Cross Your Mind", is about projecting one's sadness and misery onto another, in this case, an ex-lover.

Zander Lyons wrote:
"I'd say that "Cross Your Mind" is a fairly...creepy track? Ha! It's a fairly dark, sarcastic but quite sad and pathetic story, really. It's basically about being in denial that a relationship is truly over and you're still incredibly hung up on this person. This ex has completely moved on. New man, new life, new everything. They don't think of you...and that hurts. So you create these mad scenarios in your head where they are desperately unhappy, that you're their knight in shining armour and that they're waiting for your return. It's really just to offset your own sadness. Some of the lyrics are very tongue in cheek and funny, so we used a purposely dark beat and very low, serious vocals to try to balance that out. Like I said, I think it gives it this creepy edge because we're saying all these mad things in the song and I think the production and melodies give it more conviction. It's like...wow, they're being serious here. They sound nuts! I can assure you, we aren't really like that....well..."

Cross Your Mind

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

You're with him, say you're so complete
I hope he's a prince, hope he's real sweet
I'm sure he gives you kisses by the hour
Brings bouquets of your favourite flower
Swear that I only heard it all from a friend
Promise that I'm not going out of my head
But I'm curious, do you ever mention my name?
Or is it only when you're giving the blame?
No, forget it, I said that I'm moving on
Assure you, I'm not living by the telephone

Some things you can't replace
And I know that you must feel the same
Do you still lay wide awake?
Do you still keep a light on?

Go sail out, it's OK to leave me behind
But I'll understand if I still cross your mind
And when he makes you feel all warm deep inside
Don't be alarmed if I start to cross your mind
When you see his smile, when he bares his soul
When you walk the aisle, when you're growing old
It's OK if I still cross your mind
It's OK to think of me sometimes

Heard through the grapevine that he's a keeper
All the photos you post, they don't cut any deeper
Not that I'm checking, they just appear on my feed
Come to think of it, where are the pics of me?
Looks like you're living domesticated bliss
Used to say that you were never cut out for it
It's alright if you're trying to prove a point
I get you wanna knock my nose out of joint
Think you just wanna be seen, need a witness
Won't say anymore, that's none of my business

No, I swear you're not going mad
When he's runnin' fingers down your back
It's not the best you ever had
You just wanna run back home

We all need that somebody, that one body, our everybody
You might be my somebody, my one body, my everybody
Am I your somebody, your one body, your everybody?
You only have to say

We all need that somebody, that one body, our everybody
You might be my somebody, my one body, my everybody
Am I your somebody, your one body, your everybody?

You only have to say

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

stephaniewazhere on 11/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 11/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 26/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#11 Posted : 26 May 2020 02:49:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Handful of Heaven
Genre(s): Indie Pop, R&B
Length: 4:23

Handful of Heaven is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the tenth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by Cameron McVey. "Handful of Heaven" is a mid-tempo indie pop song with an R&B fusion. Like most of the tracks situated within this section of the album, the song has a very "dark" and "brooding" atmosphere. Soft and ethereal vocals along with a bright tinkering of keys contrast against a heavy bass, foreboding string arrangement and heavy lyricism. The track is lead entirely by Beau Elliot. While no other member sings prominently, all five harmonise in the background throughout and a lush five-piece harmony is turned up in the mix during the bridge. "Handful of Heaven" has no explicit meaning, with the actual subject matter being open to interpretation. It could be seen as a number of things such as; recreational drug use, joining a cult or a new form of religion. The overall take from the lyrics is that the boys have found a "new way of life" and are trying to persuade others to follow in their footsteps.

Beau Elliot wrote:
"This one is definitely a bit of an oddball. Sonically, it's very lush, polished and intricate. It's a fine piece of music but lyrically...it raises a few eyebrows. With the rather creepy piano and strings along with what the sinister lyrics may be implying, I find this one a really uneasy listen but in a great way. I can't wait to perform it live. There's just something very isolating and unnerving about this song. It's like everything else stops and this song just pulls you in with its odd magnetism. In all honesty, we don't even know what it's about. Our intention was just to make something rather dark and far removed from what you'd expect to hear on an album from a boy band. I like to see it as the "evil" sister of "Ache & Breathe". On that song, we were selling life and what it means to be human. On "Handful of Heaven", we're alluding to "something greater" than just being mere mortal. We're leaving it up to the listener to decide what it's about whether it's illegal substances, some sort of cult, religion, even a demon trying to lure someone to their death. Yeah, it's a pretty sinister song."

Handful of Heaven

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I don't look for trouble, it looks for me
Don't do it by half, I can guarantee
Never settle for less than I deserve
Steady hands, can't afford to lose my nerve
Principles I once had have now shifted
Waded through waters now I just wanna be lifted

Push through every morning, just paying the rent
Clock kept ticking as I pissed in the wind
Swallowed fear, consumed some knowledge
A new angel holds the key to all of it
At the end of it, we're all still mortal
But at least I've cleared some hurdles

Seems you're trying to prove a point
When you go and turn your head
Tell me who exactly are you trying to impress?
Who are you living for?
Tired of buying what they're selling?
We can escape it, I got a little handful of heaven

Back or forth, it's still wasted time
Need an answer, lay it on the line
Don't succumb to fear, enjoy the rush of blood
And it's even better when we descend above
Down here, I'm limited to what I can offer
Next level is where we can both prosper

Who are you living for?

Oooh, oooh, oooh
Oooh, oooh, oooh

Just a tiny penny, rolling around the well
Oh how I love the thrill
Oooh, oooh, oooh
Oooh, oooh, oooh

On the edge, I can barely contain myself
Will I fall into something else?

Who are you living for?

Who are you living for?

I got a little handful of heaven

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
FiveT on 26/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 26/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#12 Posted : 27 May 2020 01:47:02(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Lights Off
Genre(s): Pop, R&B
Length: 4:49

Lights Off is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the eleventh track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by EdIt. "Lights Off" is a mid-tempo pop song with an R&B and gentle electronic fusion. The track has a "dramatic" opening build up of erratic, dark, fast paced strings followed by digitally manipulated harmonies, before erupting into powerful soaring choruses with heavy bass backing. With it's big arrangements and near five-minute running time, "Lights Off" has a "cinematic" feel to it. The track is lead mostly by Beau Elliot with Carter Lee Alafouzos taking a verse and some ad-libs coming from Myles Dempsey towards the end. "Lights Off" is about the fear of being vulnerable and showing the most raw, authentic and imperfect version of yourself - afraid of the possible judgement that can come with it. The track is also one of the oldest on the album, being completed in early 2018 and featured on the promotional CD-R sent out to music publications in 2019.

Zander Lyons wrote:
"The last couple of tracks prior to this one were all "dark" in an...embellished sort of way. A lot of them were just made up stories or we purposely used certain words and lyrics to swing the songs into a more sinister direction but "Lights Off" is heavier in a much more emotional and raw way. It's real. It's something I've certainly experienced and so have the other lads. It brought up a really in-depth discussion when writing it. We have many different "faces" that we use. While we're essentially the same at the core, we adapt to our environment and what we want to obtain from that situation. You're different when you're hanging out with your mates as opposed to when you're at work. You're not the same when you're in your room alone as you are when there's a camera or audience in front of you. The song is about that fear of letting someone in to the most stripped down version of you. Letting them see you when you wake up in the morning, let them spend so much time with you that they see all your little quirks and ticks...and if they don't like that rawest version of you, it hurts the most because that's who you are at the core. Essentially, the song is saying "OK, be gentle and patient with me because I've never gone this far before...". I think it's a devastatingly beautiful track."

Lights Off

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I wish I could be that sweet boy you see in the movies
I wish I could be that stable guy everything thinks I am
Truth is, I can't remember when I was last happy, truly
Always putting on a show and I'm so lucky that I can
But you're cracking the mask that I'm so scared of removing
Slowly letting someone in and that was never the plan

And I'm terrified of things getting good
The saddest part is I know that it actually could
I don't know if I should try to make it work
'Cause I know I'll never be able to handle the hurt

If I let you in would you be so kind as to be gentle?
An when I strip it away, promise not be so judgmental?
Find it hard to love the man in the mirror, I'm still unsure
Don't know if you'll like who I am behind closed doors
If I show you me with the lights off, will you hold me close?
If I show you me with the lights off, will you go ghost?

You laugh at all my jokes but they're just a cover
We part ways with a hug and you think that I'm totally fine
When the lights go down, you don't know how I suffer
Stuck in my head, repeating the same old hurtful lines
Still you gaze at me as if I'm not like any other
I'm really hoping it's true that things get better in time

I don't know if I should try to make it work
'Cause I know I'll never be able to handle the hurt

An when I strip it away, promise not be so judgmental?

I wish that all those opinions didn't have an effect
Wish I didn't have to act the way that people expect
Scared of handing it all over, feeling fragile like glass
Always bottled it up, a little tormented like that

And when I strip it away, promise not be so judgmental?

(don't hurt me, don't hurt me)

(behind those doors)

And when I strip it away, promise not be so judgmental?

(don't hurt me, don't hurt me)

(behind those doors)

I wish I could be that sweet boy you see in the movies
I wish I could be that stable guy everything thinks I am

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 27/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 27/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#13 Posted : 27 May 2020 05:22:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Stretcher
Genre(s): R&B, Trip Hop, Electronica
Length: 3:57
Producer: inBLOOM

Stretcher is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the twelfth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast" and is also the final track on the standard CD and streaming editions. The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by inBLOOM. "Stretcher" is a mid-tempo R&B song with fusions of soul and electronica. The five-piece deliver very slow, well enunciated vocals with heavy, creamy harmonies over a drum loop, light trip hop bass and gentle electronic inflections. The track also has elements of Nu-Soul and has been likened to the works of Soul II Soul and Janet Jackson. The track is lead mostly by Beau Elliot with Carter Lee Alafouzos taking the second verse, Myles Dempsey taking the bridge and all five of them densely harmonising throughout to create a lush soundscape. "Stretcher" is another ambiguous song. It is believed to be about an attempted suicide due to the state of the world. Another interpretation is that the lyrics tell the story of someone who fears they won't be happy in life and that they are scared of change and taking huge leaps of faith.

Declan Harding wrote:
"Most versions of the album end with this one. If you aren't ordering from HMV or Target, "Stretcher" will be the final song you hear and it's quite a heavy note to leave things on. We purposely did that. We wanted a song with really stark lyrics and tight production to end the album. One that sucks you in, distracts you and when it ends, you're suddenly like "WHOA!" when back to reality and the album has finished. When creating the song, our only real goal lyrically was to make something that reflected the chaos of life. These past four years have been wild for us. We've grown, learned, experienced and seen so much. We wanted to take that feeling of extremism and bottle it without it being explicitly about us. It's very ambiguous. The song is meant to conjure up many different images and interpretations. We sort of paint a scenario of the end of the world or a war zone and whether it's literal or metaphorical is up to you. We don't even have a definitive answer. It's literally just another one of our songs that was created through feeling rather than straight up facts or stories."

Stretcher

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

Strange faces appearing in the mist
Nasty little voices keep on whispering
Waking up in cold, cold sweats
Shaking hands placing down another bet
All I know is, in your arms, I'm at peace
So won't you come and lay with me?

Look at me deeply, meet my gaze
Tell me no matter what, we'll be safe
This whole world's upside down
Won't you help turn it around?
I'm scared here

I don't want to slip down the ladder
I fear the whole thing's about to shatter
Take me away to some higher place
Take me away to live out better days
Trust me, truth hurts and lies work

Tell me it'll all get better
As I'm lying out in the stretcher

Go on lie away, la la la la lie

Everywhere I turn, it's just bloodshed
And it just runs deeper inside my head
Offering solutions and they just decline
Sends me spiralling, hard to unwind
Want to break free, roll like renegade
But I want most is to find ourselves a safe space

Look at me deeply, meet my gaze
Tell me no matter what, we'll be safe
This whole world's upside down
Won't you help turn it around?
I'm shaking here

Wanna chase the light
But I don't wanna feel the burn
Wanna fight the fight
But I just feel myself churn
Always to try proceed with caution
Though there never seems to be an easy option
It's all the same outcome, God I'm in agony
And it's another round when I'm up out the gurney

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 27/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 27/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#14 Posted : 27 May 2020 06:54:56(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Too
Genre(s): R&B, Synthpop, Alt Pop
Length: 4:10
Producer: Myles Dempsey

Too is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. The song serves as the thirteenth track on their debut album, "A Moveable Feast" and is an HMV and Target exclusive track, only available through these special CD copies. The song is not available on any streaming or downloading service. The track was written by all five members of the band and production was handled by youngest member, Myles Dempsey, marking his first official foray into music production. "Too" is an R&B infused, synthpop and alternative pop ballad. While still having a "retro" feel in sound, unlike the majority of the album, "Too" emulates the 1980's as opposed to the 90's with it's light digitised sprinkling of synths against brittle beats, swirled with a snappy bass. This slight change in sound and the fact that it is sung entirely by just one member, Beau Elliot, lead to the track being placed as bonus-only content. "Too" is about an adulterous relationship and the conflict between wanting to break it off and wanting the person for yourself. The track also interpolates many interchanging uses of "to", "too" and "two", hence the simple title.

Myles Dempsey wrote:
"Well, "Two" was a random little creation that was created over the span of two days, funnily enough! We had pretty much finished the album but me and the boys still write to keep our minds active and to create a pool of ideas for future projects. We came up with the concept of this love triangle but we wanted to show all the different emotions and the thought process rather than just the one line of thought. A lot of back and forth within this song. Beau and I continued working into the wee hours when all of the other boys went to bed. We were on a creative high and just didn't want to stop. I was messing around with Logic and other tools because we had gotten to the stage where we had a bulk of the lyrics and melody but no actual beat. I created something in the heat of the moment and just rolled with it. We were super tired so weren't giving it too much thought but the next morning when we heard it back...WOW! We couldn't believe what we had created. The boys said that I should push ahead and complete the track myself with Beau's vocals. The raw, amateurish vibe just worked with the song and we thought that any added bells and whistles from big producers would be unnecessary."

Too

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I rest my head on your shoulder and we just laugh
Laughing at myself for thinking you're my other half
Everything glows and it's golden when you're in my day
But it gets bitter and cold as I walk home in the rain
Said to myself that I wouldn't fall in this deep
Now I'm going out my mind just trying to compete

We looked for answers in the wrong places
Should've cut it off when you were still nameless
Too complicated to call this love
Too wrapped up to break it off

Are we too used, too bruised?
Are we too tied up to choose?
I know we got too much to lose
Two hearts that still beat
Two lives still incomplete

Did we get too close too soon?
Did we bite off too much to chew?
Did we go too hard? Should've played it cool
I just want to give my all to you
I'm sure there's room for two

Two to tango but I just keep blaming myself
Swore I'd never be "that guy", hurt someone else
Going crazy trying to find another distraction
But I keep on succumbing to the magnetic attraction
I should come up for air, it's too much pressure
I should kick the habit but there's too much pleasure

We looked for answers in the wrong places
Should've cut it off when you were still nameless
Too complicated to call this love
Too wrapped up to break it off

On the side of the bed where he sleeps
There's no other place that I'd rather be
I never wanna go home when the light come up
Never say it out loud but I love you too much
I love you too much
I love you too much
I love you...

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 27/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 27/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#15 Posted : 27 May 2020 07:03:57(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Summer of '09 (Acoustic)
Genre(s): Acoustic Pop
Length: 4:19

Summer of '09 is a song by British-Irish boy band Public Warning. This acoustic version serves as the fourteenth and final track on the HMV and Target exclusive CD copies of their debut album, "A Moveable Feast". The original track was released worldwide on June 2nd 2019 and served as the group's second single. "Summer of '09" is originally a synth/dream pop song with elements of electronica and R&B and has been noted for its "ethereal" and "sparse" soundscape. The acoustic version is stripped down with just acoustic guitars being played by members Myles Dempsey and Zander Lyons, respectively. The song's melody, however, remains the same and is filled with multi-layered harmonies from the group, creating an echoing and melancholic feel. The only major change made to the arrangement is the addition of Carter Lee Alafouzos having a prominent solo segment. He sings the first pre-chorus, while Beau Elliot actually sings that part in the official album/single version.

Summer of '09 (Acoustic)

All
Beau
Carter
Declan
Myles
Zander

I pick my head up off my tear-stained pillow
Today's gonna be a good one, remembering the great times
The postcard we took together sits at my window
The sounds of your laugh runs round and round in my mind
Didn't mind the sunburn or the sand between my toes
You were there and nothing mattered, was the time of our lives

I thought I saw you by the pond one Thursday
Guess it was just wishful thinking, could never be true
I wrote a song for you to jam out to someday
That day never comes, each summer just grows more cruel
Remember strumming the guitar and rockin' the night away?
Well I still do it and play your favourite chords for you

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

I'll take the coach down to the place of my daydreams
Same time, same place, how about it, you and me?
No, I don't think that I can wait much longer
The sky dims as I hang around for your answer
The sand slips through my fingers just like the hourglass

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Back in summer of
Back in summer of

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 28 May 2020 01:33:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 27/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 27/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#16 Posted : 27 May 2020 07:13:29(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

ALBUM BOOKLET / THANK YOU'S

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 27 May 2020 07:47:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

erich hess on 27/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 27/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/05/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#17 Posted : 27 May 2020 15:29:24(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Natasha (The Jollies): I love a good album like the one Public Warning has made. I used to be into boybands when I was a teen... yeah, it's my guilty pleasure! Haha, but these guys don't sound like any other boyband. I don't know there is something different in their sound and lyrics, but what strikes me the most is that they're making it in such tragic period where artists have problems for the coronavirus. You know, not doing concerts, stuff like that. The thing is that I know they are independent, so no label helping and that's amazing. Imagine the hard work behind this success!"

Ooc: Nice job Sean, you know how I love the idea of the final booklet and the work on it. You put so much passion in this album.

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 28/05/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#18 Posted : 28 May 2020 01:32:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Natasha (The Jollies): I love a good album like the one Public Warning has made. I used to be into boybands when I was a teen... yeah, it's my guilty pleasure! Haha, but these guys don't sound like any other boyband. I don't know there is something different in their sound and lyrics, but what strikes me the most is that they're making it in such tragic period where artists have problems for the coronavirus. You know, not doing concerts, stuff like that. The thing is that I know they are independent, so no label helping and that's amazing. Imagine the hard work behind this success!"

Ooc: Nice job Sean, you know how I love the idea of the final booklet and the work on it. You put so much passion in this album.

Beau: Thank you Natasha! Yeah, it's been a ride not only creating the album but to get it out. We sure picked a great album title because the release date kept on moving! It's sad that we only got to do a few promotional shows at the start of the year and had to cancel our proper tour but we decided that wasn't going to stop us dropping the album. It's not the best way to release a debut record as an indie act but this music saved us and we hope it can now save and help a lot of others during this sad time. Thank you for the support. Means a lot to us!

OOC: Thank you so much! I LOVE writing music for pop groups so I had to give it my all :P
UserPostedImage

Online 2001clay  
#19 Posted : 28 May 2020 01:40:37(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Tika Mays: oh thank god i buy this album!! i love love ache & breathe,Pillow Talking,The Art of letting go & omfg omfg The Wasted Youth i love this song i got myself singing at shower for this song!!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 28/05/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#20 Posted : 28 May 2020 03:16:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: oh thank god i buy this album!! i love love ache & breathe,Pillow Talking,The Art of letting go & omfg omfg The Wasted Youth i love this song i got myself singing at shower for this song!!!

Carter Lee: Thank you, Tika, sweetie! Those are some of my favourites too!! xx
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 28/05/2020(UTC)