logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2020 16:44:25(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Mandy Williams
Title: Electrified
Recorded: 2015-2020
Formats: CD, LP, Digital Download, Streaming, Cassette
Genre: Pop
Producers: Mandy Williams (exec.), Axident, Ricky Reed, J.R Rotem, mister_b , Ilya Salmanzadeh,
Johan Carlsson, Sir Nolan, Greg Kurstin, Ludwig Göransson, Chris Loco, The Monsters & Strangerz, Jack Antonoff,
DNA, Thomas, Danny Hurle
Label: FREEDOM

Electrified is the long awaited studio album release by singer/songwriter Mandy Williams set to be released in December of 2020 through FREEDOM, a record label Mandy Williams has been signed to for the majority of her career. "Electrified" follows Mandy's previous album "The Teenage Years", released on 2014. Leading up to the official release of the the record, Electrified has experienced numerous changes and pushbacks, due to personal circumstances taking place in the young stars life during the middle portion of the recording sessions of Electrified. The record was initially going to be released in 2016, but after Mandy Williams experienced some personal issues, the album had been pushed back indefinitely. During this time, many of the albums original tracks had been left on a stand still until Mandy got back into the studio in 2019, three years later, to record new songs for the album and scrap previous songs slated to be on the album, as they "didn't reflect" Mandy's current "outlook on life".

Background

Williams officially wrapped up the new recording sessions of "Electrified" in late November of 2020 and returned officially to music with the release of "Truce", released on December 14th. On December 21st, the album was officially made available for pre order. The 13 track record that spans more than one hour is the first album where Mandy Williams serves as the executive producer, and is enlisted as a writer on 11 of the 13 tracks, the most she has written in the entirety of her music career. Electrified draws inspiration from genre's such as Pop, Alternative Pop, Acoustic Pop and electronic music and is said to be sonically "bigger" than Mandy's previous work,, as the pop star took the past few years to "hone her craft". All in all, Electrified will offer different shades of Mandy Williams as a singer, songwriter and individual as she comes back to triumphant return to music. Electrified features production from Axident, Ricky Reed, J.R Rotem, mister_b , Ilya Salmanzadeh, Johan Carlsson, Sir Nolan, Greg Kurstin, Ludwig Göransson, Chris Loco, The Monsters & Strangerz, Jack Antonoff, DNA, Thomas with collaborations with Nick Urie and mister_b who all worked with Mandy Williams to make sure the record was everything that she wanted it to be. So far, Electrified has had 3 official single releases with promotional records being released to hold fans over during the songstresses absence.

The recording of Electrified began officially in early 2015, where the album was slated to be released in 2016, just two years after Mandy's previous album "The Teenage Years", which went on to top the album's charts. After entering the studio with Ricky Reed and Axident, Mandy knew it was time for her to "grow up her sound" and really reflect her new found confidence as an adult woman. The first record to be officially released from the album was “Electrified”. The floor stomping anthem was a far cry from William's bubble gum-pop sound that she was known for previously and the controversial record saw Mandy sing suggestively and sport a new blonde look. The single skyrocketed to the top of the singles charts, earning William's her third number one single on the singles charts. Following the release of "Electrified", recording sessions for the album was in full effect and Mandy was looking to capitalize off of the success from the album's first released track.

Shortly after, Mandy Williams announced "Something About Us" as the next single from Electrified. The record, which was another suggestive record, spoke about intimacy and was another song that saw Mandy Williams pull further away from her usual image. Something About Us was another successful record, and Mandy's most successful single to date. After skyrocketing to number one on the singles chart, the record was nominated four times at the Fan Choice Awards, including in the category "Best Single". After the success of "Something About Us", Electrified experienced it's first push back, as William's needed more time to record more songs for the album. In the meantime, William's released promotional records as she continued to record and gear up for the release of the album at the time. The promotional cut, "I Want It All" was released as a promotional record and was said to be the final song release before the album. The record was critically acclaimed and was more reminiscent of "early" Mandy. Sadly, I Want It All was the final promotional release before a long string of pushbacks of Electrified due to unforeseen circumstances, one of which included a heavily publicized break up with Deneil Khan, and the pop star being found unresponsive and rushed to the hospital.

After these events, Electrified was pushed back indefinitely and Mandy Williams disappeared from all social media and did not take part in any interviews. During this time, a promotional record entitled "Lover (I Say) was released, and the record was met with positive reviews from critics but did not attain it's full potential of success due to lack of promotion by Mandy. Over the span of the next two years, two more promotional record "Remedy" and "Ecstasy" were released, with each record juxtaposing one another. Remedy was a heart-pulling, power ballad about heart-break and betrayal while Ecstasy, was a pulsating, excitable, electrifying dance floor filler. Since the release of her last cut from the upcoming album entitled "Don't Talk To Me", Mandy took more time out to record some songs from the album and muster up the courage to "step back out" to the lights. Mandy officially wrapped up the recording of Electrified in December in 2020, after "Beautiful Nightmare" was recorded alongside Nick Urie. Soon after, Mandy Williams announced her new single, "Truce", which saw Mandy Williams break away from the negative speculation surrounding her for the last four years.

Composition

"Electrified" is a predominately pop album but draws influences from electronic music, dance, acoustic pop, R&B, synth pop, and alternative pop. The album sees Mandy Williams sing about heartbreak, breakup, sex, love, guilt, betrayal, trust, coming of age, loneliness among other topics. Unlike Mandy's previous album, this album sees Mandy William's get very candid lyrically on many of the tracks. Over a wide variety of production sounds that range from anthemic, acoustic, synth-driven and dark, the album sees Mandy tie in and bring listeners through the different moods and emotions she has experience over the last six years into one album.

The albums ties in Mandy's moments of confidence and love, during the early days of Electrified, to her her darker times during the middle stages of Electrified, and finally her triumphant breakthrough, which took place mainly during the latter recording sessions of Electrified. Tracks such as "Electrified", "I Want It All", "Ecstasy", "Something About Us", see Mandy Williams in top form, sporting her confident vocals and lyrical content, while songs like "Remedy", "Don't Talk to Me", "Alone", and "Lover (I Say)" tell a different story. It all comes together full circle with newer cuts such as "Love Me Better", "Guilt", "Trust" and "Truce", which give a whole new lease of life to Mandy and sees her better than ever as she comes to terms with with herself, her life, her experiences and her story as one of the prominent females in music with a rough past, that she's officially putting behind her. This diary book of Mandy's life over the past few years is told through anthemic records, heart tugging ballads, and euphoric lush pop songs that reflects on how Mandy has remained resilient through it all, as she bounces back to do what she does best.

SINGLES

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Electrified (#1), Something About Us (#1), Truce (#1)

TRACKLIST
UserPostedImage

1. Electrified
2. I Want It All
3. Don't Talk to Me
4. Beautiful Nightmare (feat. Nick Urie)
5. Love Me Better
6. Lover (I Say)
7. Alone
8. Something About Us
9. Ecstasy (feat. mister_b)
10.Guilt
11.Remedy
12.Trust
13.Truce

"Electrified” Booklet Photos

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Edited by user 05 January 2021 01:42:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 12 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 21/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 21/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/12/2020(UTC), RadioVine on 22/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/12/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 24/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2020 16:36:00(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 1 - "ELECTRIFIED"

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:05
Genre: Pop, Dance-pop
Songwriters: Mandy Williams, Ricky Reed,
Andreas Schuller
Producers: Axident, Ricky Reed

"Electrified is the the title track of Mandy William's studio album "Electrified" and is the first song on the album's tracklist. Sonically, Electrified introduces Mandy Williams true prowress that wasn't reflected in her earlier work. Fueled by the electric feeling love makes you feel, Mandy William's introduces the album with a bang. The song features hard hitting production from Axident and Ricky Reed. The song was written by the performer, Mandy Williams with the help of the songs producers Axident and and Ricky Reed. Lyrically, the song is Mandy Williams most suggestive record to date, with Williams seeming to be make it clear that she's no longer that "good girl" and she easily proclaims it in the early seconds of the song, taking us by surprise. But that isn't the only thing surprising about the record.

The song starts off with clap-heavy production values that showcases Mandy's confident, fresh and bad ass vocals that start off slow, the minimalist production certainly puts Mandy Williams at center stage and her vocal delivery grabs our attention with suggestive, borderline provocative lyrics that include: Now we've got electric weather, the way we misbehave|Poppa wouldn't be proud, but he ain't around which may eerily suggest that Mandy and her estranged father still have not smoothed out their problems, but it seems as if Mandy is no longer crying about it as she did in her previous album, but oddly embracing it? After whispering (Deep dives, inside our) |(Blazin eyes, burning lies) the record bursts into a clap-heavy pop-stomper that features a sizzling backing beat and a hard hitting, thumping bass that easily takes you by surprise and could easily get you moving.

The track focuses on Mandy‘s infectious , confident voice as she declares an electrifying love as they love so loud, play "nasty games" and fight their battles. Mandy shines vocally as she calls out her words like she went into the studio ready to re-introduce herself as a major player in the pop industry even years after her debut as she intends to get people electrified on the dance-floor and we are shown a sexy new side of Mandy that we have never seen before.

ooooh-ooooh-ooooh-oooh
ooooh-ooooh-ooooh-oooh

There's something about this bad boy
Oh, how I use to be a good girl, until I fell in love
Now we've got electric weather, the way we misbehave
Poppa wouldn't be proud, but he ain't around
I can't help the way I feel somehow
I just want us to intertwine, right now

Yeah lets collide
Our needs, unsatisfied
Lock me up, in your mind
Deep dives, inside our
Blazin eyes, burning lies
(Deep dives, inside our)
(Blazin eyes, burning lies)

Now we love so loud we have no shame.
All our souls play the same nasty games.
We fought our battles and won the race
Yes this is us, we need electric love
(electrified , blow my mind)

He asks me to stay and I'm sure he knows the answer
I just want to show him that I can be his dirty dancer
Words will be words, till I bring it to life
Alter ego taking over, not myself tonight
With this electricity in my veins, please don't make me wait
I've already surrendered my innocence, now take the bait
I can't help the way I feel somehow
I just want us to intertwine, right now

Yeah lets collide
Our needs, unsatisfied
Lock me up, in your mind
Deep dives, inside our
Blazin eyes, burning lies
(Deep dives, inside our)
(Blazin eyes, burning lies)

ooooh-ooooh-ooooh-oooh
ooooh-ooooh-ooooh-oooh
Used to be a perfect little angel
Now I'm one heck of a devil
And it's all because of you
We wanted to live in the moment
Guess I got carried away

VIDEO PREVIEW

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Mandy Williams
Electrified
TBA
Scott Maverick
FREEDOM

[i]The cameras fade inward to a dark warehouse like setting, where the proclaiming claps, and opening ooos are heard. As the cameras pan outward, you can see Mandy's dancers laying on the floor, and as the cameras pan outward even more, Mandy is then seen at the end of the warehouse. The extras laying on the floor in the video then pick their heads up and begin clapping in unison with how the actual record sounds. The dancers, many shirtless and sweaty, clap and Mandy has a fierce expression on her face. She slowly starts walking past the party goers on the the floor as she starts mouthing out the words to the opening lines of the song. As they clap, their eyes follow her as she seductively walks pass them moving her hands up her body, each party goer rises when Mandy passes them as she mouths out the words to the opening verse of the song. When the song creeps up to the big chorus, the cameras cut and the thumping bassline of the chorus is heard and Mandy is then seen in the center of the party goers who are up now and around Mandy, they are seen performing a dance heavy routine with Mandy executing the moves with ease. She does a spinning hair flip and throws her hand up before the cameras go black signalling the end of the 35 second preview.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 10 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 24/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2020 16:43:25(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 2 - "I Want It All"

UserPostedImage
Title: I Want It All
Length: 3:30
Songwriters: Mandy Williams, Jay Lexus, Don Morrison,
Sara Flores, Rochelle Dixon
Andreas Schuller
Producers: J.R Rotem

"I Want It All" is a performed by pop recording artist Mandy Williams. The record was produced by J.R Rotem and penned by Mandy Williams, Jay Lexus, Don Morrison, Sara Flores and Rochelle Dixon. As her supporters know, Williams has been hard at work on her upcoming new album "Electried" which has become hotly contested by her fanbase. Although Mandy's early career had been rocked by major setbacks and even a long period before her debut album was released, it looks as if Mandy has really found her footing as a pop princess placed in a fickle pop industry despite the trial and tribulation. Electrified also looks to be highly anticipated. Since the release of the Teenage Years, Mandy took off time to begin work on a new album, announced that she was engaged and dropped two new singles (Electrified) and (Something About Us) which both saw Mandy sporting a new found confident and ingenuity like never before. With Something About Us still firing up the charts, it certainly doesn't stop Mandy from offering us another cut off of her hotly contested new album. Shortly Mandy took to twitter to share with fans that she would be releasing a new song from the album without prior notice as she didn't want to keep fans waiting for the the May 2nd pre-order date.

"I Want It All" and is predominately a pop record that sees Mandy Williams take a slight change in lyrical content from her two previous singles from the album which included suggestive lyrics and slight raunchiness, but this new offering is more reminiscent of Mandy's earlier works intertwined with Mandy's new attitude and prowess.

In many ways, the record is quite vulnerable but nonetheless fun and quirky. Perhaps our favorite moment (aside from the chant like chorus) is Mandy proclaiming us in the early moments of the record where she giggles ("Hehe") and says "I like you a lot" and although it's just a few words, it screams typical Mandy and is just too cute for words reminding that even though Mandy's previous releases have been quite suggestive, there's still some innocence left somewhere in there. The record starts off with string flourishes but changes pace very quickly as the song then offers a snapping, clapping, snaring trap infused beat that is playfully catchy and even more-so with Mandy singing over the snapping beats and zipping synths. Over the production, Mandy Williams sings about appreciating a person's presence and impact they've had on her and her life as they've seemed to make everything better for her and lift her in a period where she was down, she now wants to give her all to them and wants them to do the same for her. It's an thankful ode to a very important person which makes the record even more relatable as we can assume everyone has at least one person who has lifted them up. This Young love anthem gets even better as we reach the chorus as the string flourishes return for the bridge as Mandy coos out in a wonderful harmonious voice and then we are brought to the anthemic chorus. In the chorus Mandy's voice is layer for the ("Up,Up,Up") but which makes the words sound chant like and gives the chorus an anthemic and triumphant feel.

Hehe...
I like you lot...
Hehe...
I really like you a lot

I see myself come alive again
What is this place that I am in?
I look around and no more darkness trails
Not even all those lonely sounds
I look at you and I see the truth

I feel safe at last
It's something that I never knew
Baby look at me, my tears are drying away
You've freed my mind
Now I can decide
Where I'm gonna go
Coming from the after life
Baby you've helped me breathe again

Now I just want it all
(To give to you)
I just want it all
(To show you that I love you)
I just want it all
(To let you know you're the one)
I just want it all

So give it
Up, up, up, up, up
Give it
Up, up, up, up, up
And I just want it all.

Looking back at how I use to be
How I was drowning in my pain
I never thought that after all these years
That I would see the light of day
You came to me like a fantasy

After all this time
Now I don't need to dream
Everything is real
I find it hard to believe

You've saved me now
From going under ground.
I would've never known
How my life would turn out.
If you never came
I'd already be gone
I'd already be gone

Now I just want it all
(To give to you)
I just want it all
I just want it all
I just want it all

So give it
Up, up, up, up, up
Give it
Up, up, up, up, up
And I just want it all.

Whoaaaaa
You've put the pulse back into my veins again
Whoaaaaa
The air right back into my lungs
Whoaaaaa
You've even helped me rise to my feet again
Now all my suffering is done

Baby look at me
As I'm standing here
I have finally reached my destiny
And I'm happier then I could ever be

Now I just want it all
(To give to you)
I just want it all
I just want it all
I just want it all

So give it
Up, up, up, up, up
Give it
Up, up, up, up, up
And I just want it all.
So give it
Up, up, up, up, up
Give it
Up, up, up, up, up

Oh! Hehe...
I like you a lot...
Hehe...
I really like you a lot

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 04 January 2021 14:32:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 22/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 24/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2020 17:00:30(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 3 - "Don't Talk To Me"

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:20
Genre: Pop, R&B
Songwriters: Mandy Williams
Producers:Pop & Oak

"Don't Talk to Me" is a track recorded by singer Mandy Williams and is the third track taken from the singers long awaited album, "Electrified". "Don't Talk To Me" sees Mandy not hold back one bit, and is one of the offerings from Electrified that shows Mandy as a bombastic pop superstar that is not only unapologetic, but truthful as well. Every offering from Electrifier's promotional or single releases, aside from possibly "Ecstasy" seemingly takes a page out of Mandy's personal life, and lays it out in the form of music. Tying in personal accounts with relate-able subjects seems to be the direction of Mandy in this new album and confirms that the album is most certainly Mandy's most personal to date, as she's opening up like never before.

Whether or not Don't Talk To Me, is taking a page out of Mandy's personal life is a question up in the air, but it's still nice to hear Mandy sounding so confident after such a turbulent last few years. Don't Talk To me if FULL of sass as the track touches on themes such as hate, relationships, power, overcome and self-identity and is clearly about a love interest who clearly isn't faithful which feels eerily aimed toward Deneil Khan and his lover, Drew Westbook.

The instrumental explores different sounds and is an urban-pop record with a big crossover appeal. There are pitch-shifted vocals, big sounding drums, a soulful vibe, piano notes and of course there are synths. The record offers an upbeat tempo riding the song from start the finish as Mandy offers attitude and confidence that exudes all the way until the big chorus, as Mandy sings out in a pleasant belt repeating herself in singing "Don't Talk To Me". The record has a perfect summer hit vibe, that is essentially pointing toward a summery break up anthem. The lyrics also offer a chilling truthfulness, even hinting toward Mandy's last year controversy as she sings: [I was conflicted, conflicted, conflicted/Had a bad slip, bad slip, bad slip/Almost ended tragic, tragic, tragic] really proving that Mandy Williams truly intends on not holding back on this new album. With a record that will give listeners nearly twenty tracks, listeners have to be perched on everything Mandy is looking to get off her chest next month with Electrified, finally hits stores.

D-d-d-Don't talk to me
D-d-d-Don't talk to me
D-d-d-Don't talk to me

Baby, baby

I saw the warning signs
Made sure that you would always be mine
And maybe love doesn’t exist here no more
But I’m too fucked up to let you go
And I’m a little selfish but I’ve been pushed around too long

I’ve given up before
But I’ve grown strong
Cut away any feelings inside
It’s easier to love when you’re dead inside

Who would ever think I'd make through?
Pushing through, feeling brand new
Got the world at my feet and I never knew
I'd be able to finally see the truth
But the grass is greener, no longer a dreamer
Got a taste of reality and here's a clue

He’s too addicted, too addicted, too addicted
To all the bad shit, bad shit, bad shit
I can't have it, I can't have it, I can't have it
Felt too restricted, restricted, restricted
You can have him, have him, have him

Nahhhhh
I don’t need to be ashamed
Nahhhhh
I don’t play these love games
Nahhhhh

D-d-d-Don't talk to me (Don't talk to me!)
I have no sympathy for you
Sleeping around for the hell of it
Don’t deny it you know it’s true
You know the ignorance is true
Think you could get away with me
But sorry boy, I can't talk to you

La-da-da-ladadada
La-da-da-ladadada
La-da-da-ladadada
La-da-da-ladadada
La-da-da-ladadada (Don't talk to me!)

Cold air in the room where I lay
No talking and it’s been this way since last May
So sick and tired of playing these childish games
Who’ll blink and who’ll be the one to give in
Because I’m not ready yet
I’m not ready to confess
My sin, my sin
My sins

I’ve given up before
But I’ve grown strong
Cut away any feelings inside
It’s easier to love when you’re dead inside

Yeah, yeah, yeah I made it through
Pushed through, just like my cookies knew
Couldn't do it without you, without you
But the grass is greener, no longer a dreamer
Got a taste of reality and here's a clue

I was conflicted, conflicted, conflicted
Had a bad slip, bad slip, bad slip
Almost ended tragic, tragic, tragic
Felt too restricted, restricted, restricted
But you can have him, have him, have him

Nahhhhh
Nahhhhh
Nahhhhh

There was a time when you had me
In the palm of your hand
And I could barely breathe
But now I’m the one holding all the cards
I’m your mother f*cking queen

Think that you have the upper hand?
That nobody knows who you sneak around with?
Dark brown eyes and a devilish smile
Dark brown eyes and a devilish smile

Nahhhhh
Nahhhhh
Nahhhhh

La-da-da-ladadada
La-da-da-ladadada
La-da-da-ladadada
La-da-da-ladadada
Don't Talk To Me!

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 22 December 2020 17:02:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 24 December 2020 08:40:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 4 - "Beautiful Nightmare" (feat. Nick Urie)

UserPostedImage
Title: Beautiful Nightmare
Length: 3:11
Songwriters: Mandy Williams, Nicholas Urie
Producers: Chris Loco

"Beautiful Nightmare" is a record recorded by pop singer Mandy Williams and is featured as the fourth song on Mandy William's anticipated album, "Electrified". The song also features vocals by singer/songwriter Nicholas Urie, better known as 'Nick' Urie. "Beautiful Nightmare" was produced by Chris Loco, Nick Urie's frequent producer. "Beautiful Nightmare lasts 3:40 seconds and has lyrical content that speaks about rendezvous with a love interest, to only find out that it was all just all a figment of a imagination and a dream. These two individuals, which could be looked at as an love interest, or an ex, recall their times together, but only to find out it was just a lucid dream and they have to deal with the fact that this dream wasn't the real thing. The fun twist of "Beautiful Nightmare" is a fairly thrilling song, driven by a pounding drum beat and piano intermixed with the occasional string sections and acoustic guitar which compliment Mandy William's crisp vocal delivery and Nick Urie's emotive coo's. Interestingly enough, Beautiful Nightmare was one of the final songs record for the Electrified album and didn't almost make the cut. However, with the inclusion of Nick Urie on the record, it was decided that the record was most definitely a perfect piece to be offered on Electrified and made it's way as the fourth track on the album.

The "Beautiful Nightmare" song has an interesting back story. As one of the earlier tracks Mandy penned for the album, she got inspiration to write the song when experiencing a dream that seemed all too real. During this time the "dream felt real", and she was taken back to a moment of bliss, but when she woke up, this eerily realistic lucid dream was just a dream. This inspired the songwriter to pen the track and finalize it's parts all within two days. The quickness of the written record didn't speed up it's recording process since all recording for Electrified stopped in 2017 and the song was not revisited until the late months of 2020, when Mandy looked back at all the songs recorded during this five year period. When she came across "Beautiful Nightmare", the track almost did not make the cut. But after listening to the advice of her label's CEO, Nevaeh Martinez, Mandy Williams rethought her decision and it came up to her on whether or not the album would be on Electrified. In November of 2020, it was decided that "Beautiful Nightmare" would indeed be recorded for the album. William's also felt that the track would be even more of a thrill if there was a feature on the record of a male vocalist. After reaching out to fellow FREEDOM artist, Nick Urie, who happily accepted the feature. They had a online call and William's explained the lyrics and sent the song's lyrics over. When Nick Urie heard the record, he thought about about his frequent collaborator, Chris Loco. He felt Chris Loco would do a great job with the arrangement of the song. After the call, Mandy met with Chris Loco and then the three met up in Los Angeles to complete the arrangements of the song. The song was then recorded and mixed within a two week period and finalized for the Electrified album.

Mandy Williams
Nick Urie
Together

I remember the first time
How you stole my heart
And you didn't even know it
The way your smile brightens up
My day like the moonlight in
The darkest of night
How you make me warm in just a single glance

The way you touch my soul
Is like my heart is bursting out
Feels like I'm in heaven

Whenever I see you
When you hold me in your arms
Sparks flew everywhere
I don't care what people think
Cause we're in our own universe
In our own universe

I love it, Can't shake it
Baby, it's crazy
I'll be waiting for you
I'll be waiting for you
To be in our own universe

I feel the butterflies in my stomach
When you look in my eyes
The goosebumps that form in my skin
When you touch my hand
And your eyes that gaze steadily
That make shivers run in my spine
And the blush that glows on my cheeks
When I hold you close

The way you touch my soul
Is like my heart is bursting out
Feels like I'm in heaven

Whenever I see you
Sparks flew everywhere

Baby, it's crazy
I'll be waiting for you
I'll be waiting for you

And it hurts me to know
That this is not real
And I don't want to wake up
In this beautiful nightmare
Cause I don't want this to end
Ohh

And with each joke, each laugh and smile
The gap between us shortens
Until I'm really next to you, and it finally happens

A kiss, a hand around my waist, draws me even closer
But then I wake, to find its just a dream, and now its over.

Whenever I see you

Sparks flew everywhere

Baby, it's crazy
I'll be waiting for you
I'll be waiting for you

In our own universe
I'll be waiting for you
I'll be waiting for you
In our own universe

Whenever I see you
Sparks flew everywhere
I dont care what people think
'Coz we're in our own universe

In our own universe
In our own universe
I'll be waiting for you
I'll be waiting for you
In our own universe

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 24/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 24/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 24 December 2020 09:14:02(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 5 - "Love Me Better"

UserPostedImage
Title: Love Me Better
Length: 3:10
Songwriters: Orion Washington
Producers: Peter Thomas

"Love Me Better" is a record recorded by pop singer Mandy Williams and is featured as the fifth song on Mandy William's anticipated album, "Electrified". "Love Me Better" was produced by pop record producer Peter Thomas and was one of the final tracks recorded as part of the Electrified album release, which is set for an late December output. Aside from the production, "Love Me Better" was written by songwriter Orion Washington, who sent the track over to Mandy Williams in December, the track was then recorded in just one day and was one of the very final tracks to be recorded and mastered for the Electrified album. In a song that is sassy as is catchy, Mandy Williams sings about not being loved to her full potential and realizing that all along she should have been "loved better". In many ways, the song can draw a link between Williams' previous relationship and her current state of mind at this point, electrified, confident, and ready to move on. In a song that sounds like a direct call to all the "failed lovers", Mandy Williams offers an sassily inspirational pop tune that is quite relatable to those in the world who have "less than" in their relationship and had absolutely enough of the situation. The Pop/R&B record is in perfect grasp of the sound Mandy William's sounds best in as her confident vocals exude throughout the track.

In December of 2020, Orion Washington reached out to Mandy William's with a record she felt would be well suited for her. During this time period, Mandy Williams was wrapping up the final recording sessions of "Electrified" after having had recorded new tracks such as "Alone", "Guilt" and "Truce" just to name a few. Unsure at first, Mandy Williams asked to see the lyrics and after it was sent over Mandy William's, the pop star instantly fell in love with the song. In her mind, she felt that it was the perfect track for her to include on the album as flowed perfectly with the themes of the album and better yet, she felt it directly related to her and the way she felt at this point in her life. The empowering lyrics really stood out to Mandy, and she instantly felt "one" with the lyrics. After the lyrics of "Love Me Better" were sent over, Mandy Williams met with Orion to make any small changes to the lyrics so it was better suited for her and within the same week Williams met with producer Peter Thomas with the song in mind. Mandy Williams and Thomas, who produced the track and had an instrumental ready for Mandy, entered the studio during the weekend to record the song over the weekend. As one of the final tracks of Electrified, you can hear the confidence in Mandy's vocals as she proclaims "You shoulda loved me better" over the catchy production. The record features R&B injected pop beats that scream early 2000's nostalgia, mixes in the confidence and mature lyrics that Mandy has grown to provide, but still gives tastes of "early" Mandy on the record which fans will appreciate. Mandy shines on this record, providing a proclaiming vocal delivery that sounds both vengeful yet empowering with exuberance over the slick and groovy pop/R&B beats.

You got a little bit too comfortable
Flowers wilted and it all turned brittle
Used to make love bordering on combustible
Drank you up now left with a dribble
Deafening silence is insufferable
Calling time and blowing the whistle

Now here comes those puppy dog eyes
Tell you to jump and you're questioning why
I can't flourish living in a drought
Do I really have to spell it all out?

You shoulda loved me better
Listened better, touched me better
Buttered me up to slide into place
Quickfire start but not winning the race
It takes more than that to keep your place
Harder than that to stay in my lane
You shoulda loved me tender
Promised forever, boy, whatever

So what if you've made me scream?
There's so much more outside of the sheets
Mr Big Shot, cat who got the cream
Pussyfooting around all my other needs
Is this a way of trying to keep me keen?
A ruse to get me down on my knees?

Weeds in the grass, time to cut the lawn
Danced a fine line but this is where it's drawn
And if you're still having any doubts
Boy, let me spell it right on out

Save all your words, no time for regrets
Too late to wake up, you've made your bed
The stripes on a tiger will never change
Only show me love as I'm walking away
Now you wanna love me better
Bet you wished you loved me better
Half-hearted promises of forever
Boy, you shoulda got your shit together
Waving goodbye 'cause I can love me better

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 24/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 24/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 24 December 2020 09:23:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 6 - "Lover (I Say)"

UserPostedImage
Title: Lover (I Say)
Length: 3:10
Producers: Sir Nolan

"Lover (I Say)" or simply "Lover" is the sixth track off of Mandy Williams' anticipated album "Electrified". "Lover" was penned by Mandy Williams was recorded with producer Sir Nolan. The record itself sees Mandy show off her vocal prowess in this new steamy, R&B/pop sultry dance number that oozes the right amount of confidence, sex appeal, and vulnerability put into one. This is a continuation of forward songs Mandy has recorded and continues to regain that essence she had surrounding her shortly before her six month break. The song has an undeniable sexy, sultry feel with the super catchy, snapping beats that are so apparent throughout the record. Along with the calm snaps, synthy R&B influences fluctuate over the beats in which Mandy's vocals blend best with as she sings with control and soft yet proclaiming tone as Mandy delivers an exceptional vocal performance which is both sexy and desirable. Mandy shifts between her lower and upper registers, singing in her lower register throughout the verses and switches to her higher register for the big chorus, that includes popping synths and an urban pop bassline where Mandy sings with a sweet tone that is very much so alluring.

Lyrically, the song can interpreted in several ways but is understood as being a pop record that explains a lonely individual who has the urge to find a new lover without any strings attached as they don't want to get hurt again, and the fact that someone else might still seems to be on their mind. Throughout the record Mandy sings: [Another one will surely come/Fill the void a few more nights/What is love? It's always on the run/Creeping in the dark, while you're creeping in a bed] during the lengthy prechorus and [I just want a lover, I don't need a soul mate/I just want a lover, you know, someone I won't hate] during the early part of the chorus. The beats continue to pick up and Mandy sings out Wait, wait, wait/I just want a lover, I don't need a soul mate/I say, I say, I say] which can easily get stuck in your head with the catchiness of the lyrics and the beats. Another highlight on "Lover (I Say)" is the beautiful bridge where the beats slow completely and just includes the snapping and the minimal beats, where Mandy in her lower register sings in a whispery tone: If I had my way, I would turn and leave/But something about us, I can't even breathe/All the complications, sent me into overdrive/I hope you think about me/I hope you thinkin' about me]: Mandy has this connection in singing with the lyrics that makes it almost like shes singing to us and makes the bridge come across as both haunting and lyrically superb. With the contrasting verses, there's enough lyrical content to really try and pick apart exactly what Mandy is talking about on the song, and that's what makes "Lover (I Say)" an even stronger record. It's pop music that has that catchy, youthful nature, but includes lyrical content and a vocal performance that reminds us through trial and tribulation, her skills as a pop star have not hindered one bit.

I guess the time for change has come
I'm home but I'm home alone
And I miss you, I miss you so much
Not you, but your gentle touch

Another one will surely come
Fill the void a few more nights
What is love? It's always on the run
Creeping in the dark, while you're creeping in a bed

But I miss you, I miss you so much

I just want a lover, I don't need a soul mate
I just want a lover, you know, someone I won't hate
Someone to fill the sheets but never my heart
Try as they might, but the moment they start
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
(I just want a lover, I don't need a soul mate)
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait

I can't get close to anyone
Not for too long at a time
I can't get close to anyone
When it comes to emotions, there's a line
And I won't cross it, I won't risk my time
You risked my time
You risked my time

I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait

If I had my way, I would turn and leave
But something about us, I can't even breathe
All the complications, sent me into overdrive
I hope you think about me
I hope you thinkin' about me
All the complications, sent me into overdrive
I hope you think about me
I hope you thinkin' about me

What is love? It's always on the run
Creeping in the dark, while you're creeping in a bed

I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait

SOUNDS LIKE:
]

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

BrownSugar on 24/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 24/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 24/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 24 December 2020 14:27:50(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 7 - "Alone"

UserPostedImage
Title: Alone
Genre: Pop, Acoustic Pop/R&B
Producers: Jack Antonoff

"Alone" is the seventh track off of Mandy Williams' anticipated album "Electrified". "Alone" was penned by Mandy Williams and was recorded with producer Jack Antonoff. "Alone" was one of the final tracks written and recorded during the latter recording sessions of "Electrified" and is a haunting, beautiful acoustic record with pop and R&B influences. On this track, Mandy is completely stripped back and candid. The laid back acoustic guitar truly allows Mandy to flourish vocally and show vulnerability, not only in the lyrical content, but the vocal delivery as well. The stripped back chords of the record allows for listeners to truly internalize the deep lyrics and for good reason. The captivating record speaks about resentment, but with through all the resentment and pain that comes with heartbreak and a break up, there's still a glimmer of love that still runs deep behind the resentment. In one of the most deepest lines of the record, Mandy coos: The thoughts of you still fill my head /It’s like you never disappeared (just leave me alone)/And I’m sure you know how I miss you and I’m shredding the tears as I’m singing this song/I’m hoping it doesn’t last long; along with other pieces of deep lyrics that circulate around the song truly exacerbates the candid lyrics Mandy Williams is laying out on the record. This is one of the slower, more intimate moments on Electrified that truly gives listeners a deeper understanding of Mandy's own feelings which is in opposition to the luscious pop moments on Electrified.

"Alone" was recorded in November 2020 with record producer Jack Antonoff. Mandy wanted to sure to include intimate moments on the album where listeners can truly just listen, delve into the lyrics and truly feel one with Mandy. In a record that was penned in early Novemeber, Mandy wrote a record that allowed her to reflect on herself and her own feelings associated with heartbreak. Sure, it's always easy to show the side or resentment, but somewhere deep down is there still a glimmer of care left deep down inside? These questions are answered in this very record. After penning the track and entering the studio with Jack Antonoff, it was clear from the start that this record was not intended to be a club banger, or a mainstay on radio. But a stripped back, acoustic ballad and the first truly "ballad-like" moment on Electrified. The record features haunting guitar riffs with a melodic twists, on this song, Mandy wears her heart on her sleeve, and bears all for all who have been waiting. This moment on reflection is one of the many high points of the album, despite it's slow nature.

Ooooh
Ooooh

They say it will eventually pass
That I could move on and forget the past
That the pain that I hold will surpass
All the anger, and eventually it dies down

I thought I knew you better than the rest
I knew you loved life less than the rest
The days I kept you all in my head
The way you always lead the way
(And still)

When I need a guiding light,
I call you in my head, and the memories take flight
And when I need a light in the night
Your smell still lingers, yet you're out of sight

The thoughts of you still fill my head
It’s like you never disappeared (just leave me alone)
And I’m sure you know how I miss you
So take the pain, away today
Show me how, to lead the way
So I can help, to fan the flames
Now I’m alone, now alone, now alone
Now I’m alone

They say that this would last for just a period
But if the period’s my life, when’s it ever going to die?
The say that dark will soon become day
But all I see is the moon on the way

When I need a guiding light,
I call you in my head, and the memories take flight
And when I need a light in the night
Your smell still lingers, yet you're out of sight

Now I’m alone

So don’t ever change
Make a difference just a little far away
Please don’t ever change
Hope he loves you the exact same way
I’m shredding the tears as I’m singing this song
I’m hoping it doesn’t last long
But for you I’d let them fall
Let the tears fall

Now I’m alone
You show the way as if you were here
It’s like you never disappeared
You were taken way to soon
And that’s how I know that I miss you

Ooooh
OooohOoooh
OooohOoooh
Ooooh

SOUNDS LIKE:
]

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 24/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 24/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 25/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 25 December 2020 04:27:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 8 - "Something About Us"

UserPostedImage
Title: Something About Us
Songwriters: Erik Zullo, Mandy Williams, Patrick Strickland, Darlene Reid
Producers: Ilya Salmanzadeh, Johan Carlsson

Something About Us is the second official single taken from Mandy Williams upcoming studio album "Electrified". Something About was produced by Ilya Salmanzadeh and Johan Carlsson and was penned by Mandy Williams along with Erik Zullo, Patrick Strickland and Darlene Reid. The song was recorded in September of 2016, shortly after the release of Electrified, which saw Mandy Williams grow up her image. After the success of the single, Mandy began penning the record along with her writers and remembered being sent a record by Ilya Salmanzadeh and so contacted him about recording the song with the lyrics. When they entered the studio, Ilya showed Mandy a new version of the record which featured a guitar driven bass line and acoustic styling along with a new bridge that was produced by Johan Carlsson, only picking up the captivating nature of the song.

The trio entered the studio in September of 2015 and it took about a week to finalize the recording. After the single was recorded, it was sent to be mixed and was officially done in December of 2015. Mandy waited until Electrified ran its course and decided that Something About Us would be the new single taken from the album. Mandy Williams appeared on the March 12th edition of On Air With Ryan Secrest to officially premiere the record.

Something About Us is a sultry yet captivating pop record with elements of R&B that has a woman confessing her deep sexual attraction to another being in the record, the lyrics are compelling and aren't your simple cookie cutter pop lyrics but exude sensuality and provocativeness in a way never seen or heard by Mandy. From the very start, Mandy brings her sexy yet light tinged vocals to murmur out borderline provocative lyrics over a guitar driven backbeat. Throughout the record Mandy's passionate, soaring vocals add a sense of texture and modernity that makes "Something About Us" feel powerful and moving. Production wise the verses seem quite calm compared to the chorus where Mandy brings her personality filled belts over an astonishingly big chorus that includes drums, synths and guitars that mix perfectly with Mandy's alto - soprano vocal range. Another stand out throughout the record would be its bridge where the beats simply slow down leaving the electric guitar to take control, giving the record a climatic feeling. Soon after, Mandy gives some us some of her best vocal runs in career as we are brought back to the double chorus where Mandy adds in harrowing belts and adlibs with soaring vocals to bring the song to the very end.

UserPostedImage

Forget about the old stuff
I really don't want to think
Just want to drink and make love to you
You're standing confused with a knife

It's a given that you're a dangerous man
But all I got is a mood for you
And I can always do what you want to do
Playing rough with the lights off
Violently letting ourselves go

Something about us
Something about us

We're bleeding and sucking whats left of purity
I'm slipping away cannot recall any other day
I medicate you and break the promises we made
Cause now we love and let it flow from our mouths
Something about us
Something about us

Rough, so rough
Something about us
Something about us
Rough, so rough

Trying to strike up a conversation
But it only ends with gasps of exasperations
Baby I can feel you losing control
With clenched fists tightly wrapped around me

How could I ever forget this?
You feel as if you found something new
Something real you could relate to
And the word is getting out among ourselves

Something about us
Something about us

We're bleeding and sucking what's left of purity
Something about us
Something about us

On the outside I pretend I don't wanna be this obscene
But you know what I'm feeling inside
All this love got me feeling electrified
Something about us
Something about us
You've tested my limits, now I'm so far gone
Holding on to the deep end, as we deepen
Something about us
Something about us

Something about us
Something about us
Something about us
Something about us
Rough, so rough
Something about us
Something about us
Rough, so rough

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 25/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 25/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 25 December 2020 05:19:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 9 - "Ecstasy" (feat. mister_b)

UserPostedImage
Title: Ecstasy
Length: 3:31
Genre: Pop, Dance Pop
Songwriters: Mandy Williams, mister_b
Producers: mister_b

"Ecstasy" song by pop star Mandy Williams that appears on her upcoming highly anticipated album, Electrified. The single will be released as a promotional single from Mandy's album. Over the past past few months Mandy has been releasing new singles, and keeping the general public interested in what her upcoming album has to offer. So far, we've gotten a wide variety of topics sent our way as Mandy keeps wetting the appetite of her hungry fans who want the final product in her hand. Since the album has gone on pre-order with it's pre-order download, Remedy, that was met with a critical acclaim for it's stripped back essence and Mandy's vocal performance, Electrified has since gone to reach the top 5 on major album charts around the world, just based off pre-orders. Prior to Remedy, Mandy released Lover (I Say) and "Something About Us" which all achieved chart success for the young pop star. As the anticipation continues to build, Mandy offers the next promotional track off of Electrified and it's "Ecstasy".

Unlike the prior records like Remedy, Something About Us and Lover (I Say) which range from piano ballad to mid-tempos, Ecstasy is a pulsating, excitable, electrifying dance floor filler that is a full on uptempo dance record that shows fans that Electrified will have much variety and not just slower paced records. Ecstasy offers a euphoric "car blasting" nature that just makes the listener feel uplifted, happy and wanting to dance from the extremely catchy nature of the record. The song was produced and co-written by Drake, also known as mister_b along with Mandy Williams. The two have had a long working relationship and this just continues their history, mister_b knows Mandy very well vocally and with his production, he created something that shows off Mandy's vocals that posses much confidence, as well as offering something for himself to shine on the production market, as "Ecstasy" intertwines pop with a house underlying tone which is totally ready for the clubs and the radio.

Fortunately for Mandy, it isn't overly produced to the point where Mandy gets lost in it's production values, causing her to sound like the feature vocalist instead of the lead vocalist on her own track. Luckily, Mandy shines in her own way, taking center stage and belting out the chorus behind the zipping beats and synths, and making her presence known throughout the entirety of the track. The chorus is clearly the standout point of the song, as it offers the listener a sizzling backing beat while Mandy sings out the chorus with prowess, energy and resilience. The track itself is about getting lost in the music as if it's a drug and dancing the night away as if you are on the amplifying drug called "Ecstasy". The track is about being carefree and just enjoying yourself and it gives that triumphant, uplifting feeling that would be perfect for listening to at the gym, blasting in your car, at the club or when you just want to have a good

Hands shaking and butterflies in your stomach
Stuck in your place
Muscles won’t move, your wings won’t fly
Excitement exploding
Inside your mind
Like volcanos erupting in the sky
But you just can’t fly
Till you open your eyes

Till you see the light
Till you feel the magic
Can you feel the heat of the sound
Taking over you frantically?

Increasing the beat
Boiling the heat
Exploding in your feet
Now your body’s dancing
You’re dancing, you’re moving
Now your body’s dancing
You’re moving, you’re dancing
You’re dancing, dancing, you’re dancing to the sound

Electricity in your blood
Sparks breathed by your lungs
Bumping in ears, dilating pupils
Like ecstasy, and you’re into this
E C S T A S Y
(Ecstasy)
E C S T A S Y
(Ecstasy)

You can’t control
You can’t order yourself to stay low
When you’re dominated by this sensation
You're mind is focused in one destination

The beat is increased
Your body is heat
You’re moving your feet
Your body’s dancing
Now your body’s dancing

E C S T A S Y
(Ecstasy)
E C S T A S Y
(Ecstasy)

You just have to dance
Now you can feel the sense
And everything will make sense
If only you dance

The beat is increased
Your body is heat
You’re moving your feet
Your body’s dancing
Now your body’s dancing

E C S T A S Y
(Ecstasy)
E C S T A S Y
(Ecstasy)

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 25/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 25/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 30 December 2020 23:33:40(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: I didn't see it coming, was a I lost in time? maybe. Mandy, it's been so long since we were at the studio recording Ecstasy, I remember you showed me some of the songs that turned out to be in this record and I was really excited by them and now I'm more excited about the fact that you kept the electronic side of yourself alive in those riffs and beats. It clearly shows off the artist that you are stablished not only as a pop singer but as a musician who's delved into a genre and you've made it a trademark. I'm really happy to see that despite the harsh year we've all had you served us with magnificent, good electropop tunes, this record is freaking good and I am honored to be part of it, thanks for allowing me to be in it.

OOC: I literally wasn't expecting to see this collab come to life after so many years, thank you for that! I also want to say that I miss the house movement you started out some years ago. Anyway, the writing of this thread is marvelously good.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 31/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 31 December 2020 06:48:15(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 10 - "Guilt"

UserPostedImage
Title: Guilt
Length: 3:14
Genre: Pop, Electro Pop, Alternative Pop
Producers: Danny Harle

"Guilt" is a song by recording artist Mandy Williams and is the 10th track taken of Mandy Williams' long awaited album, Electrified. The track was one of the final songs recorded for the album and truly foreshadows some of the sounds Mandy has began to experiment with as she transcends from former teen-pop songstress, to a mature pop singing songwriter. "Guilt" was written solely by Mandy Williams and features climatic production from electronic producer Danny Harle. The record has a subject of resentment, where Mandy asks "do you even feel the guilt?" over soaring production values and vocals. As one of the final tracks recorded for the album, Williams sees herself be overtly transparent with her feelings toward a past lover. The wonderous vocals and captivating production vocals layered together on "Guilt" easily helmed the track as one of the standouts on Electrified, and was suggested to be one of the future single releases for the album as said by managers at Mandy's current record label. "Guilt" takes on genre's such as pop, electronic pop and alternative pop and ties them into a groovy, emotional record that is one of the most personal in all of the album.

The recording process of Guilt began in November of 2020 during the final sessions of the Electrified album, although the song was written at an earlier date. Over the previous months, Mandy William's had been listening to the atmospheric beats of Bjork, who she felt inspired by during the end of the overall recording for the album. Mandy felt that the song "Guilt" would sound perfect over a track that showed Mandy in a different light, as the album reflects different moods Mandy felt during this five year period between "The Teenage Years" and this new body of work. It was important for the track to truly embrace the resentful lyrics. In late 2020, Mandy met with recording producer Danny Harle who got in the studio to craft up a record that was quite different from the previous tracks she's known for, without straying too far away from what fans know and love her for. Over a week period, Danny Harle and Mandy worked closely together to craft up a production value that encompasses the resentment of the lyrics but to offer production that allows Mandy's vocals to do the talking. Over the next week the production of "Guilt" was finalized and Mandy recorded the track. In one of the final decisions for the production of the track, heavy guitar chords were added to the track, which Mandy drew influences from Joshua Grimmie's "SURPRISE", which in she felt the guitars on her own "Guilt" would make the track feel all the more "impactful" just as it did for the latter track. "Guilt" itself features a soft beginning where the lyrics can be fully absorbed as Mandy coos "I didn’t even hear it from you/I guess it’s partly what hurt the most" which easily can be linked to the resentment having to do with a relationship gone wrong, but not having the closure of hearing it from the person itself. The track seems to get bigger as it quickly evolves into a captivating banger that pushes Mandy's soprano register upper reaches as she angelic sings: Let the skies pour rain/On you, on you, on you.

I didn’t even hear it from you
I guess it’s partly what hurt the most
The feeling as you stab my heart
Two pieces that should never fall apart

I just assumed, that we were whole
The smiles were fake, and I didn’t know
I guess you didn’t care, you knew I loved you so

You were so unfaithful
Go and carry all the guilt
Do you even feel it?
The pain that you built?
You left a scar, on my heart, that took five years to heal
You can carry, the pain, let the skies pour rain

Let the skies pour rain,
On you, on you,
Let the skies pour rain
On you, on you, on you

I hope you can never get up
Do you know long it took for me
To gain the courage to leave my bed
And enter a world that seemed so dead

I just assumed, that we were whole
The smiles were fake, and I didn’t know
I guess you didn’t care, you knew I loved you so

You were so unfaithful
Do you even feel it?
The pain that you built?
Let the skies pour rain,
On you, on you,
Let the skies pour rain
On you, on you, on you

Oh I thought was so happy, I was in love
I was over the moon, I was in love
And then you changed it all
You let us crash and fall
You changed it all

You were so unfaithful
Do you even feel it?
The pain that you’ve built?
You were so unfaithful
Do you even feel it
The pain that you’ve built

Let the skies pour rain,
On you, on you,
Let the skies pour rain
On you, on you, on you

Spoken:
Now it's time for me to get off the ground
Dust off the dirt, can't let this push me around

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 31 December 2020 06:53:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 31/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 31 December 2020 07:10:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 11 - "Remedy

UserPostedImage
Title: Remedy
Length: 3:50
Producers: Greg Kurstin

"Remedy"is a single performed by Mandy Williams and appears on Mandy William's upcoming album "Electrified". In fact, the record is an instantaneous download single that comes with each pre-order purchase of the pop stars highly anticipated album. The single was made available as a instant track before the pre orders for Electrified was made available and then canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. "Remedy" was written by Mandy Williams and produced with Greg Kurstin as one of the last tracks recorded for the album. Mandy's album has been a work in progress for quite some time. The music and writing processes have been rather smooth but trial and tribulation in Mandy's personal life hauled the actual recording, and so the album release was pushed back until early 2021.

Despite experiencing a turbulent 2016, Mandy Williams hasn't seemingly left the charts, releasing numerous hits leading up to the album's release with Something About Us and Lover (I Say) all finding massive success on the charts for the young songstress. However, those two singles offered a catchy, provocative and bombastic side of the pop star, but with "Remedy" Mandy offers a record that she's never released before and shows listeners that Electrified isn't an album full of meaningless pop tunes. Remedy is a heart-pulling, power ballad about heart-break and betrayal, and the rawness feel it has suits the subject perfectly. The songs arrangements are both simple and stripped yet captivating as Mandy offers her best vocal number to date. The emotive vocals that Mandy provides over the simple piano and sky-scraping melodies really gives the record a spine chilling aftertaste as Mandy hauntingly sings beautiful deep lyrics and a standout lyric where she coos: "The teenage years are over", signifying the growth of the young singer. With the release date of "Electrified" around the corner, Mandy shows that the album will offer more than just electrifying pop records, but will be a open book into Mandy's life, that has been a tabloid fodder for the past two years.

UserPostedImage

You think you’re tough
But I’ve seen through the inside of you
You lie, you cry and you’re typical
Yet you don’t know the damage you do

Can't you see I'm a grown woman now?
(The teenage years are over)
I won't give you my time like back in the days
Stuck playing the same old childish games
But I think I'm feeling better now
I'm not falling for your new ways...

You surely know what it feels like to be alone
And to feel forever disowned by the ones you thought
You could trust while off on your own...
So maybe you should learn to lead by example
You surely don't know the damage you do....
At first there was no one else, except for me
And no one cared so much, except for me

You'll realize your life’s a misery
Cause no one cared, except for me
You’ll never find another remedy
For all your fears, except for me
(You broke me)
(You broke me)

You were everything to me
I was the shoulder you cried your eyes on
But it just wasn’t what it seemed
All these years down the drain, so blame me?

Even though the truth was in your eyes
You just couldn't stop your lies
So it's all your fault
That you fall to your demise
(You broke me)

(You broke me)
(You broke me)

I'm sick of this same old love, I've wasted all my time
Just try not to forget how much I cared for you
And that this isn't really what I wanted to do
So now it’s time to say farewell
Not just goodbye

(You broke me)
(You broke me)

At first there was no one else, except for me
And no one cared so much, except for me
For all those fears, except for me
Don't you know I'm a grown woman now?

You'll realise your life’s a f*cking misery
(You broke me)
You'll realise your life's a f*cking misery

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

BrownSugar on 31/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 31/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 04 January 2021 12:19:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 12 - "Trust

UserPostedImage
Title: Remedy
Length: 3:31
Producers: Peter Thomas

"Trust"is a single performed by Mandy Williams and appears on Mandy William's upcoming album "Electrified" as track number 12. The track follows previous track "Remedy", and was one of the final songs recorded for the Electrified album, which will experience a January 4th release date, following numerous push backs on the project. "Trust" was written solely by Mandy Williams and has production from Peter Thomas who also produced "Love Me Better", another track that shows up on Electrified. "Trust" is a pop track that delves into the emotional topic of trust. Mandy Williams takes center stage to talk about experiences with love gone astray, and after being let down, the idea of not trusting is a lesson learned. "Trust" is the continuation of the transparent subject matter that seems to be a main theme of the album, as once again Mandy Williams seems to take a page out of her own personal "music diary" to deliver a track that is relateable to those who have had their trust let down and realize that it's easier if you "don't trust" so you don't run the risk of getting hurt.

"Trust" was written in October of 2020. Mandy penned the track thinking about her personal experiences, and as one of the final tracks on the album she wanted to include a song that speaks about the lesson she's learned. "Trust" is something that pop star has always held close to her and it seems that her ideas of trusting someone just reinforced her own personal lesson of "don't trust". After the track was penned, Mandy had already been working closely with Peter Thomas who she wanted to work with more on the album. After being impressed by the production values of "Love Me Better", she got back in the studio with Peter Thomas to craft up a luscious pop record with a chorus that stands out and verse production that allows the listener to truly absorb the lyrics. In mid-november, the track was officially recorded with Peter Thomas. The record starts off with a relaxed start where Mandy coos the words: It is what it is, it was what it was/It is what it is, it was what it was as she reflects on her past. The synth driven track continues with it's slow, calm backing beat as Mandy starts off the verse with: Cause when the stars, align/I remember I don't need you in, my life/But it gets hard, had to try with all my might /Cause when I miss, your laugh/I forget when you did, you understand?; As Mandy sings, the synths ascend and the piano pounds 90s-influenced bass melody over Mandy's clear, emotive voice, where she delivers a longing and passionate chorus as she sings about not trusting, and breaking away from a past lover.

It is what it is, it was what it was

Cause when the stars, align
I remember I don't need you in, my life
But it gets hard, had to try with all my might
Cause when I miss, your laugh
I forget when you did, you understand?

I told you that I needed a rock
And you said you would catch me when I fall
I told you that I needed a hand
And you said you’d be forever mine
But worse came to worse
So I hope you feel every single verse
Now there’s a lesson to learn
Don’t trust

There’s no reason why, I should turn a blind eye
No benefit of the doubt, you’re guilty no doubt
There’s no way that I’ll ever let you off the hook
But somewhere in my heart, I need to forgive what you took
You broke the pact and made a crack in the love I had for you

But worse came to worse
Don’t trust

The skies are pouring rain
So black and so grey
Cause that’s how my heart felt inside
Realized I was losing more days
No sleeping at night, no way
No more spending my time hopelessly stuck on you

But worse came to worse
Don’t trust

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 04/01/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/01/2021(UTC), erich hess on 04/01/2021(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#15 Posted : 04 January 2021 12:39:15(UTC)
Famouss7x7

STREAMING: TRACK 13 - "Truce"

UserPostedImage
Title: Truce
Length: 3:23
Producers: Simon Ludwig

"Truce" is pop record that sees Mandy Williams comes to terms with her herself. In the record, Mandy Williams explains that she's calling a truce, but still wants to hurt the person who has done wrong by her. Due to this person doing wrong, she's still having trouble dropping her "guard" since the last time she "trusted a heart" she ended up "nearly losing her life on the floor". The lyrics hit hard, and is one of Mandy's most personal records to date and feels like a personal song made out of Mandy's personal diary book. The record in many ways not only offers closure to the fans of Mandy's who have been worried about her well being, but also sees Mandy Williams return back in top form. Offering a strong vocal number that is not only euphoric, but very vulnerable and inspirational. "Truce" was record in October of 2020 during the corona virus pandemic with producer Ludwig Göransson in Sweden. The song itself, although very vulnerable, is far from a downbeat affair. Instead, Mandy Williams fuses her tale of heartbreak with a slick, uptempo pop record that offers some clarity to her personal life, but still suggests remnants of the effects of a past heartbreak.

The record starts off with a haunting, echoey words I’m not running away but I don’t really want to fight/I’m not dropping my weapon but I don’t want you to die" before the beats come on, offering an 80's driven synth backing beat, as Mandy's luscious vocals sway on to the track. Mandy's always had a very distinct tone that sound best on simmery, mid-to up tempo records and here, Mandy is in top form. It takes little time before the song's catchy chorus makes way to the track where Mandy sings: I’m not saying goodbye but I can’t stay here forever/I’m calling a truce but I really wanna hurt you/Cause I remember the one time I trusted a heart/I was pushed right back right to the start/So can you see why I’m hesitant to waste time?" which offers truthful lyrics over the dreamy beats that has Mandy Williams doing heavily adlibs which adds to the overall presentation of the chorus and record itself. Elsewhere on the track, where Mandy proclaims: "Was it worth it now?/Did we break new ground?/Cause we’re both so alone/And it’s getting so cold" where Mandy seems to be asking was everything all worth it? Because it seems as if they have both gotten no where." Vocally, this is one of Mandy's tracks, as the somewhat laid back production allows Mandy's vocal cadence to sound clear and motivated, where listeners can truly absorb the lyrics, juxtosing to Mandy's previous tracks such as "Electrified", "Don't Talk to Me", and "Ecstasy".

"Truce", allows Mandy to come full circle with her past in her first comeback record in over three years.

UserPostedImage

I’m not running away but I don’t really want to fight
I’m not dropping my weapon but I don’t want you to die
Cause I’ve let down my guard before
And I ended up nearly losing my life on the floor
So do you understand why I’m a little scared?

If I drop the guard I always get hurt
No matter what I say, they say, it still burns
Never found a cure that could heal the pain
Never felt the pain that I’ve felt yesterday
I’d do anything to stay away from there, and I can’t drop the guard
So

I’m not saying goodbye but I can’t stay here forever
I’m calling a truce but I really wanna hurt you
Cause I remember the one time I trusted a heart
I was pushed right back right to the start
So can you see why I’m hesitant to waste time?

Was it worth it now?
Did we break new ground?
Cause we’re both so alone
And it’s getting so cold

I’ll sign anything you want but I still wanna burn you
I’m not gonna dare but I’ll tell you the truth
I’ll look back through the pictures, I love it
I treasured these and I want you to know it
But can you see how they still hurt me?

So

Was it worth it now?
Did we break new ground?
And it’s getting so cold

So I can’t drop the guard
No I can’t drop the guard

Ohhhhhh, it’s there to make sure I can’t get hurt
Now I find myself asking if it ever works
I fall, I fall, I fall, I fall again
And time, after time, after time, I break again

Was it worth it now?
Was it worth it now?
Was it worth it now?
Was it worth it now?

Was it worth it now?
Did we break new ground?
And it’s getting so cold

So

SOUNDS LIKE:

FULL ALBUM STREAMING!!!!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 04/01/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/01/2021(UTC), erich hess on 04/01/2021(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/01/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 05/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#16 Posted : 04 January 2021 12:53:22(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Milian: OMG I'm in love with your album finally it has some snap to it

OCC: Good Job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline Famouss7x7  
#17 Posted : 04 January 2021 14:08:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Mandy Williams: Thank you Milian❤️ What’s your favorite song and lyrics?

OOC: Thanks!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline 2001clay  
#18 Posted : 04 January 2021 14:11:46(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Mandy Williams: Thank you Milian❤️ What’s your favorite song and lyrics?

OOC: Thanks!

Milian: Oh boy this is tough cookie one um i'll say my favorite song is Electrified & for favorite lyric is Ecstasy
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline Famouss7x7  
#19 Posted : 05 January 2021 01:41:36(UTC)
Famouss7x7

MANDY WILLIAMS x POP CULTURE UNCUT

UserPostedImage

Tyler: Alright since everyone is running with their head cut off for the special I’m in charge of this interview. Now I have been around and hear about our guest music but I wanted to be really prepared for this I did a lot of research and planning. She has been in music, tabloids and after a long-deserved break, she came back with a new single Truce and Guilt as well as a new album, my guest at this time, Mandy Williams.

Mandy: Wow! Um! What an introduction, I'm so flattered that you took time to do this Tyler, seriously. Thank you so much for having me on my release day. It's truly an honor to be here talking with you and even though I'm so nice nervous today I'm really excited about being here and my album finally being out. Just a mix of emotions that I am trying to contain. Don't mind me! *laughs*

Tyler: How are you doing today Mandy, I’m going to talk about your new single and album in a moment but first I want to set the stage for how we got here if you don’t mind. So when I say Suzie Bad Influence what comes to mind?

Mandy: You know, I said this on twitter yesterday in like a huge essay to all my friends and family. It's been a really tough past 4 or 5 years for me and at this point I just feel so empowered. I feel wonderful really! Not only because my album is finally out but I've also got to reconnect with my fans in a way that we haven't connected in a while and that's through music. Um.. I feel like, it took a while for me to really want to get back out there and do what I love to do because music is truly my passion and I feel like it was my calling. My cookies, their my everything so I was honestly in my feelings last night and I was being truthful about it. Today, I feel so empowered and I feel stronger than I've felt in a really, really long time because I've been able to get so much off of my chest through music and when it's set and done, you go on and you feel....stronger, you feel...like a huge weight has been lifted off of your shoulders and right now. That's how I feel.

Mandy: Heheheh! This brings back so many memories oh wow! What a way to kick this off with the great laughs. *laughs again*. I remember this song and it's really a throwback wow! I mean, I personally don't think Suzie is a bad influence she's actually pretty damn bad ass and she's even reached out to me over the years and we've caught up periodically. I think at the time that this song came out. I guess? She was a bad influence as in...I felt really moved by how um..daring she was with her image and how she didn't really care what anyone said about her and she just went on and ..did it. She didn't care to be sexy and risque and I think I was influenced to do those daring things later on in my career. Just go for it! So yeah, this was actually a really fun collaboration!

The Teenage Years was your first big project but that wasn’t your first time going out to the public showing off your talent?
The Teenage Years was really such a nerve wrecking album for me. It was my first major project and like Electrified, it experienced some roadblocks and at the time I was really finding my footing in music and was still trying to find my sound at the time. I love the album because it was my first time really, really getting out there but sometimes when I listen back to the songs I kind of cringe..because I sound so young and just...yeah, I don't know. It was my first time getting out there in the public and I wanted to show everyone what I had but I think this was the catalyst for me to continue to push myself musically and the songs bring me back to a good place. It's the teenage nostalgia for me....*laughs*

What do you remember about SECRETS IN SUBURBIA. A horror drama where you were the lead actress in a cast with Radio Vine and Billy Khan?
Super, super fun experience! Working with Radio and Billy was awesome. Their both really open and expressive I was alittle shy at first but when around them you just can't help but break out and be yourself! Their super professional but also really big personalities so working with them also made me be the same and think...hell, it's okay to be outspoken and be alittle wild. But we all knew once that camera was rolling it was time for us to get to work. I loved playing my role in the film and also would love to work with Radio and Billy again. Brings me back to the good ole' days. It was fun.

How was that experience trying your hand in acting while still working on music?
The fact that I had to put so much time into memorizing the script and filming the drama meant that the album had to be put on hold. To be honest, I'm a horrible multi-tasker so I like to put my full focus on one thing at a time so I really give it up to the actors and actresses who record music while filming. It's such a daunting task, but it was either, not take this role and finish the album or put the album on hold and release The Teenage Years and I went with option A. Took sometime to really focus on the film and when that was finished I made sure to get back to work on the album.

Your first album release it is doing well, Looking back on The Teenage Years what would you say to your 19-year-old self that called herself the “Cookie Queen”?
I would really tell myself to make sure to have your guard up and follow your instincts. Don't always give others the benefit of the doubt and look the other way because you're in denial. If I could tell myself that right now, it would really alleviate some of the damage that was done to me and the damage I did to myself. I would tell myself to always be aware of the people around you because sometimes people may not have your best interest at heart. At the time, I didn't think like that, I was young, in the public eye and everything was just moving so fast. So I look at it as a learning experience after all of these years. When things are moving so fast, you don't always have a moment to reflect and think about these things or have someone explicitly tell you that and I'm sure people have, but when you're young you don't always think about the repercussions and sometimes you ultimately pay the price.

Let’s talk about the group the Zone, more importantly, Blake Williams your cousin. Can you talk about your relationship with him and your family back then and now?
Blake is very supportive of me and he's family at the end of the day. I don't always agree with the things that he says but he's always been outspoken, ever since we were younger. He's just how he is. I can't make excuses for the things that he says because I don't agree with them all the time, but he's always been supportive of me and has been supportive and there for me through it all. So I do thank him for the time he's taken to be for me.

Things are going well you do the interview with Ryan Secrest, you premiere Something About Us, then The London night club happened. In your words take us through that night when you were celebrating with friends?
I can't put any blame on anyone but myself for that. Not Deneil, not my friends, not the club. Unfortunately, sometimes when you have nothing else to turn to and you're in such a dark place.. you turn to partying and experimenting with things that are harmful to yourself.. looking for an escape. And that's not the proper way to do it. It was a "celebration" in some eyes, but to me I just wanted an escape and that escape came dangerously close to...death. I think that was a huge wake up call for me because that's not the proper way to deal with your emotions and stress and that night is just somewhere I don't like to go to but in order to come to one with myself it's something that I'm working to feel open to talk about. Being here and speaking about it now really helps too. So thank you, Tyler.

I know that it was a challenging moment for sure so I don’t want to add to that, but rumors were going around about Deneil and Drew being more than friends while still having you and Tisha Jackson together with them, have you ever talked to Tisha about Drew and Deneil friendship or relationship that they had somewhat behind closed doors?
Tisha and I have have never really spoken. I didn't even want to delve into that at the time because I was going through my own personal issues and I knew that it was so raw that just going and reaching out to her...I probably would've heard things that I didn't wanna hear and it would've just added to what I was already going through but I really do commend Tisha, I can relate to her in so many ways dealing with our situation but we've never formally spoken about it and I think it was good that we didn't we dealt with it in the ways that we did and I do hope the very best for her.

We could see a change in you since that incident with one Instagram post saying “Life goes on with or without you,” and another one “Standing tall, finally, got my feet on the ground” time heals all wounds they say but has their been enough time to heal from what happened with you and Deneil?
Absolutely. I think time heals wounds. It may take 2 years, 5 years, 10 years. There's things that people hold on for a long time and I think the fact that I speak about it in my music and took time to reflect helped alot and I'm ready to move on. I say in my song "Guilt", that this took five years to heal because I didn't deal with it head on! I just wallowed because I didn't have the closure that I needed to have. I've created my own closure, through music and it's a chapter that's officially closing. There's no need to continue to be stuck on something that was really hurtful and holding you back. It's held back so much and I missed out on five years of my life that I'm never going to back but I'm ready for the next five years to be about my personal empowerment and moving on to better things and going through life experiences that I wanted to achieve, like releasing an album, but holding myself back because of all the pressure and the media frenzy and just not being able to get over the betrayal but I'm ready to let go.

You had a lot of singles come from this new album, Electrified. “Lover (I Say)”, "Remedy" people could tell that "Something About Us" was different and treated different, talk about that song and what this new album means to you?
Electrified is everything that I wanted it to be. I am so proud of this album just because of the breakthrough that I had while recording this album. It wasn't an easy process. There was so much I had to fight through to get this album done. It took about five years to complete. At one point, I didn't even think this album could happen. I think with the push of my wonderful cookies and close friends I was able to push myself to get back out there. It goes back quite a while and the album really just tells a story from the start, until the end of a chapter in my life. There's track that explore how I was feeling at the beginning of it all, that electricity that comes with love and coming of age and wanting to be outspoken and be sexy and get out there. Like you said, "Something About Us" kind puts us at the beginning of it all. Being in love, wanting to make love. Recording that song was an absolute thrill. Working with Ilya Salmanzadeh Johan Carlsson was such a learning experience and they really pushed me vocally on this track. Really proud of it. And then there's deeper cuts that kind of explore my darker days dealing with heartbreak, betrayal and depression such which is explored on cuts like "Remedy". It's all reflected in this album and I think listeners will be able to actually hear it not only in the the lyrics, but the production too. In this album I wanted to be sure that listeners can put themselves in the time frame that I was in and kind of delve into the moods that I was feeling at that time. The album takes you through five years literally so it was important for me to really focus in on each and every track and be really specific about what each song offers. It's my first album having full creative control and I love the freedom. I love the fact that I was able to go ahead and open up and even through it was hard, it was so therapeutic to me.

Are songs like "Truce" and "Guilt" about him and letting things finally go?
I think in many ways Truce can apply to Deneil, absolutely. I love to write about my personal experiences and feelings in my songs so it's only obvious that, it'll show in tracks such as Truce. Where I'm saying "I'm calling a truce, but I still wanna hurt you" because yes I have those thoughts in mind but there's a comes a point where it's just time to move on and Truce is just triumphant and empowering to me and I know it is to people out there who have been betrayed before and just want to move on and focus on themselves but at the same time, your past experiences kind of shed light on your future and make you think twice about the person you're putting all your trust into. "Guilt" was more of a darker record that allows fans to put themselves in my shoes and feel the pain that I felt at one point and I wanted to include "Guilt" as a single on the album because I can't sit here and say that all is amazing and perfect but in order for me to overcome and be stronger, you've got to deal with the pain head on and I wanted fans to truly understand how I felt at the time and these two records are similiar but so different. "Guilt", which features amazing guitars by Ian Hanson...you guys might know him for Two Equals Three, musically and lyrically was somewhere I've never gone before and it was important for me to share my experiences with fans. I love both songs. They truly mean so much to me along with the entirety of Electrified.

You seem to be in a much better space in your life now, mentally you seem like a better more mature person than the days early on. How do you feel about life right now and what has been a source of strength for you now, that you have gone through what you have been through?
Thank you Tyler! Yes I'm in a much better place today and I think god, I think my friends and family and of course my fans for standing by me, offering me words of encouragement and letting me know it's OK to hurt, but it's even better to pull yourself up, dust yourself off and kick ass to the world and continue being great. Those are my sources of strength through this time. Music, fans, family and recording. Without these things, I feel like I still wouldn't be able to get up and get out. This time allowed me to find who I was through it all, it's a learning experience and I feel SO empowered right now. And I hope that through my experiences, others can feel like it's OK to be hurt, but it's so important that that you practice self care and get help if need be. Because at the end of the day you control your own life and it's important that you get back out there and follow your dreams no matter what roadblocks might be in the way.

UserPostedImage

ELECTRIFIED IS OUT NOW

Edited by user 05 January 2021 01:55:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 05/01/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 05/01/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 05/01/2021(UTC), erich hess on 05/01/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 05/01/2021(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#20 Posted : 05 January 2021 02:04:43(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Awesome job on everything, probably one of the most long overdue albums on here Laugh But you did a great job with everything, really loving the way it came about and honestly the album really suits her! I think my favorites are Love Me Better, Ecstasy, annnnnnd probably a tie between either Alone or Something About Us but I think you did a great job on every song and they all fit perfectly and especially with her backstory and everything she's gone through the last few years, this is the perfect album to comeback with :)

Isabel: MANDY!!! This album is amazing and I'm so happy it was finally released. I love every track but I think 'Alone' is my personal favorite. I can tell you put every ounce of yourself into this album and it shows. You are so damn talented and I'm so happy for you and for everyone to get to hear this.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 05/01/2021(UTC)