logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2021 10:42:51(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
S I N G L E
A Freenerd Studios Production

UserPostedImage
Official Artwork

Title: “Rocketship”
Album: Zodiac Signs
Release Date: February 25, 2021
Length: 8:01 (Minutes:Seconds; Extended Version) 5:03 (Minutes:Seconds; Single Version)
Formats: Digital Download, Streaming
Recorded/Production: October 2020; Freenerd Studios Orlando, FL
Genres: Quiet Storm, R&B
Label: Independent
Writers: Daniel The Freenerd
Producers: Daniel The Freenerd

"Rocketship" is the lead single off Zion's upcoming studio album "Zodiac Signs"; which is set to be released early Summer 2021 through Freenerd Management as an independent release. The song is set to be premiere February 25, 2021 as a streaming single and will be made available for digital download February 26, 2021. The song will also be sent for Adult Contemporary radio impact on March 21 and will get an Apple Music Exlusive feature on the same day. A music video was filmed at Freenerd Studios, Los Angeles California on February 15, 2021 and was Directed by Director X. The music video is set to premiere on March 21, 2021.

After signing with Freenerd Management in October 2020, the singer immediately began work on his debut studio album titled "Zodiac Signs". Daniel The Freenerd is serving as executive producer and also enlisted other producers such as The Underdogs, Supa Dups, Di Genius, and Rogues to work on the project. Each song on the album will represent a Zodiac Sign with "Rocketship" being the "Aries" of the group of songs.
"Daniel advised me to come up with a concept album and I felt that I've always been obsessed with space and the stars. A light bulb just kind of came in my head and I was like why not make a song about astrology. Then Daniel challenged the idea and told me to make an entire concept album about astrology. That's when I realized that we had a concept." - Zion King

After Daniel The Freenerd challenged the concept of the album, Zion came up with the song "Rocketship" as a way to set the tone of the album.
"Aside from the innuendos and double meaning lyrics, Rocketship is really all about vibes and energy. Each song on this album represents a Zodiac Sign and this one in particular represents an Aires." - Zion King

WRITING

The song was written by Zion King in late October, 2020 at Freenerd Studios Orlando, FL during the "Zodiac Writing Sessions" which mainly involved Zion King. The song talks about intimacy using sexual innuendos and bedroom talk. A rocketship is used in place of talking about his penis. The song also includes a rap from Zion in which his Leo qualities are more expressive as he boasts about his bedroom experience with his lovers.

"When I started writing Rocketship, I knew I wanted to make a song that different from anything that's pretty much out right now but I still wanted to keep it R&B and with R&B you have to be smooth. I'm a smooth brotha so all it takes is for me to get a sick beat and I really just start sounding off. I was thinking how do I tie in this sound and concept with the lyrics though. Let's get creative and give people a sexual innuendo kind of song where they know what I'm talking about but it still feels like it has some sort of substance. Despite the raunchiness you have to keep it classy to some extent." - Zion King

"R&B has evolved. We're not in the phase that R&B can't be mixed with other genres. We have blended this shit out of R&B with so many other genres. Also vocal styles are hard to be unique. Back in the 90's you just had the vocalist and then possibly a rapper on the remix. Now I feel that as an artists you have to bring all of that to the table on one song or otherwise it feels weak. That's not always necessarily the case but Zion brings all of these mixed bags to the table on Rocketship" - Daniel The Freenerd

PRODUCTION

The song was also recorded at the Freenerd recording studio in Orlando, FL with Daniel The Freenerd serving as producer and Zion King serving as assistant producer. The song was completed in an intense 3 days before it went off for final mixing completed by Freenerd. There are two versions of the songs that were produced to satisfy listeners who either wanted a longer or shorter experience of the song. A 8 minute version that contains more instrumental parts and a 5 minute version that focuses more on vocals. Each respective version is the same lyrically and vocally with the exemption of the instrumentation.

"Trap jazz is what I like to describe this song as funny as it sounds. You have elements of Jazz but its also got so many contemporary R&B elements in there, it's really an unique production that as some points we may have felt it may not work. I'm sure many have tried that and executed it but for this particular song we wanted it to feel like an experience and really catch people off guard" - Daniel The Freenerd

The song opens up with a harp and guitar that's joing by the sound of bass and jazzy instruments. A quiet storm signature with an alternative spin. A keyboard is also used to create a quirky sound that's heard throughout and King's vocals are both passionate but experimental in nature. During the rap section of the song, King's vocals sound less experimental and more straightforward as he speeds through his verse.

"The Jazzy elements in the song are pretty much what sets this song apart from all of the other songs on the album or just any R&B song out at the moment. It has this quirky sci fi feel to it but it's also very disoriented and makes you feel like you're not listening to Jazz. I didn't want this record to be boring because I know Jazz can kind of put people to sleep haha. However, that bass makes up for it and I don't know what it is with Daniel but that freaking guy loves a good bass in R&B music. It can't be subtle you have to feel it in your ears as you listen to it. That's his freaking signature so RIP to your speakers."- Zion King

LYRICS

Yeah, ooh, yeh
Ayy, ayy, ayy, oh, ahh
Ayy, ayy, ahh, ahh
Blast off
Ayy, ayy, ay, oh, ahh
Ayy, ayy, ahh, ahh
Blast off

Made her heart skip a beat when she saw my rocketship (Blast off)
she not ready for blast off
wondering if it will ever fit (blast off)
coming at you fullforce
come and board on my rocket ship (blast off)

Blast off
rock rock Rocket ship
rock rock Rocket ship
rock rock Rocket ship
rock rock Rocket ship

wipe your tears be a big girl (blast off)
daddy made you into a scientist (blast off)
you got it girl ride it don't need no assit (blast off)
coming at you fullforce
come and board on my rocket ship (blast off)

[Rap Verse]

Hit different now that we're skin to skin
Got her doing deadly sins
Got them wondering how I do it with so much finesse
my game got these niggas out here playing chess
Shawty got a whole planet in the back
got me thinking I'm an ass-trounat
ready for blast off baby
I got that optimusprime
Pussy got me clocking in
put that overtime
Zero gravity in the bedroom
do your acrobatic shit
this rocketship got plenty leg room
My rocketship out of this planet
Got you waking up in different galaxies
teaching you new things
you're my little space cadet
but I ain't even finished yet
screaming out poetic justice
I can be your tupac,
you can be my janet

Yeeah, ooh, yeh
Ayy, ayy, ayy, oh, ahh
Ayy, ayy, ahh, ahh
Blast off
Ayy, ayy, ay, oh, ahh
Ayy, ayy, ahh, ahh
Blast off

Blast off
rock rock Rocket ship
rock rock Rocket ship
rock rock Rocket ship
rock rock Rocket ship

sounds like:

thanks 9 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 26/02/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/02/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 26/02/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/02/2021(UTC), erich hess on 27/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 27/02/2021(UTC), chaotic_princess on 27/02/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 28/02/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/03/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2021 12:14:36(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Keshia Love: Oooh boy thank goodness you impress me with that voice! Anyway love the song Rocketship so you go boy!

OCC: Nice Job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 26/02/2021(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2021 12:28:01(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19116 time(s) in 7587 post(s)
Billy: R&B is my true love. Sexual R&B?? Now that's like fucking catnip for me. I'm not a "shawty" with a "planet in the back" but this song definitely makes me feel like one. This is an absolute bedroom banger you have here. I wish you a lot of success with it and for everyone who streams/buys it to have their backs absolutely blown out whilst they play it through loud speakers. Going to hit up my man to see where he's at now.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline RadioVine  
#4 Posted : 26 February 2021 12:32:56(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Radio: I knew when I met you last year you were a fucking pervert.. always saying these sexual metaphors that I didn’t get nor understand. But- I must say.. you use it well and you know what you are doing- clearly.. In the bedroom with that flirty and filthy mouth of yours. But it’s filled with talent with that damn voice! Out of this world... good job naughty boy. I really like it for a night of pleasure..

OOC: OKay! So that blast off part of the lyrics are so good! It tries everything together! The lyrics are so clever and R&B! With R&B being my first love, you hit on the nail with the whole vibe of the record! Good job.
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
#5 Posted : 26 February 2021 23:50:40(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Keshia Love: Oooh boy thank goodness you impress me with that voice! Anyway love the song Rocketship so you go boy!

OCC: Nice Job

Zion: Thank you Princess 👑

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: R&B is my true love. Sexual R&B?? Now that's like fucking catnip for me. I'm not a "shawty" with a "planet in the back" but this song definitely makes me feel like one. This is an absolute bedroom banger you have here. I wish you a lot of success with it and for everyone who streams/buys it to have their backs absolutely blown out whilst they play it through loud speakers. Going to hit up my man to see where he's at now.

Zion: You do that bruh....Appreciate the support though!

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
Radio: I knew when I met you last year you were a fucking pervert.. always saying these sexual metaphors that I didn’t get nor understand. But- I must say.. you use it well and you know what you are doing- clearly.. In the bedroom with that flirty and filthy mouth of yours. But it’s filled with talent with that damn voice! Out of this world... good job naughty boy. I really like it for a night of pleasure..

OOC: OKay! So that blast off part of the lyrics are so good! It tries everything together! The lyrics are so clever and R&B! With R&B being my first love, you hit on the nail with the whole vibe of the record! Good job.

Zion: Don’t want to get in trouble with my boss Ms. Radio but you are a fine thing yourself! Appreciate the love.

ooc: Thank you! I grew up listening to R&B! That is my hidden specialty ;)

Thank you so much 🙌🏼
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 27/02/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 27 February 2021 00:23:21(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17915 time(s) in 10409 post(s)
Erich: i hate when a surprise Challenger disaster happens.

Erica: I hate when it's advertised as a Saturn V,but it ends up being just a star trek shuttle craft.

Nina: you ever fake a moon landing, love?

Erica: never. You better get the eagle to land,or you better keep orbiting until you do.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 27/02/2021(UTC)
#7 Posted : 27 February 2021 22:03:35(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: i hate when a surprise Challenger disaster happens.

Erica: I hate when it's advertised as a Saturn V,but it ends up being just a star trek shuttle craft.

Nina: you ever fake a moon landing, love?

Erica: never. You better get the eagle to land,or you better keep orbiting until you do.

Zion: Never fake a moon landing Nina. If he doesn’t take you to your destination you need a new commander in chief.
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/02/2021(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#8 Posted : 28 February 2021 03:20:29(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Tyler: Fucking finally! A song you can put on while you want to have sex. You know how hard it is to put on some mood music when you want to be classy. Like you have all kinds of songs for when you want to be a freak and do the nasty anywhere, but where is the song for when you want to bring a girl over and christen the new bedsheets? When you just have a nice dinner and you are on the couch drinking wine.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 28/02/2021(UTC)
#9 Posted : 28 February 2021 11:19:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Tyler: Fucking finally! A song you can put on while you want to have sex. You know how hard it is to put on some mood music when you want to be classy. Like you have all kinds of songs for when you want to be a freak and do the nasty anywhere, but where is the song for when you want to bring a girl over and christen the new bedsheets? When you just have a nice dinner and you are on the couch drinking wine.

Zion: Appreciate it brother! That's exactly why I made this record.