logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Head South Records  
#1 Posted : 08 February 2024 07:44:09(UTC)
Head South Records

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 50 post(s)
t

[Welcome to the ultimate underground experience – "Angelo's Basement"! 🎸 Streaming live on Twitch, this show is a haven for alternative rock lovers, where the neon-lit 80s-style basement sets the stage for raw interviews, exclusive videos, and electrifying live performances.

Your host, Angelo, invites you to dive into the essence of alternative rock as he welcomes an eclectic array of artists. From gritty garage bands to avant-garde legends, "Angelo's Basement" is your front-row ticket to the heartbeat of the alternative music scene.

Dear viewers, comment the show, share your reactions, ask your questions to our guests live on Twitch !!!]

Angelo: Hey, everyone! Welcome to first episode of Angelo's Basement! Today, we've got the incredible Voodoo Dolls in the house – Jack Lai and Haru Shibata! So happy to have you here, guys!

n

Haru and Jack salute their Host.

Angelo: How you guys feeling about topping the charts with "Back Mutations" and "Pay!" hitting #8?

Haru: (smiling) I'm happy.

Jack: (laughs) Yeah, it was a bit unexpected for sure. Neither us nor the label saw it coming.

Angelo: Congrats, guys! Speaking of your label, So, rumors are swirling about Head South pushing you for the Universal Music Awards. How do you feel about that?

Jack: We appreciate that, but we're not exactly the awards show type. We're grateful for our fans, but awards might not be our scene.

Haru: Not sure that's our scene. Awards and Voodoo Dolls might not mix. Music is not a competition. Actually, nowadays, life itself is a competition. We are against that.

Angelo: Fair enough. So, are you attending the ceremony?

Haru: (exchanging glances with Jack) Could be fun.....a different vibe than supermarket parking lots.

Jack : Oh really ??? (laughter)

Angelo: In your single "Pay!" – those lyrics are quite intense : "From the cradle to the grave, We're just commodities in 1080p" or "Everybody's for sale".... Playing it at an awards show might be a bit... unconventional?

h

Jack: (nodding) Exactly. We don't want to be a caricature, playing an anti-system anthem in front of the industry big shots. This song is a message, but we're free to choose when and where to deliver it.

Haru: (chimes in) We're not circus artists pleasing the moguls. We want real reactions. Playing "Pay!" at an awards show might not be the right move.

Angelo: Got it. Now, Haru, the song "Amerikamura" is a nod to your roots in Osaka. What's the story behind it?

Haru: Ah, "Amerikamura" is a place in Osaka where I spent a lot of time in my teenage years. Parties in small clubs hidden in high buildings, discovering music in record stores, gigs... there is a vibrant alternative spirit. I try to go back there as often as possible.

Jack: (interrupting) Not easy with our supermarket tour, though. (laughter)

Angelo: (smiling) Sounds like a wild ride!

(The host turns to the camera, talking to the viewers)

Angelo: Hey people, let me tell you one thing: Voodoo Dolls have a surprise for us. A brand new single! Can you give the title?

Haru: this one is called "Assassin Man."

Angelo: we'll talk about it just after watching the video but....the video itself... is very unusual, right?

Jack : Yeah, we wanted the video to be a Japanese style anime....

Haru (interrupting Jack) .... an anime With Jack trying to... well, you'll see!! (laughter)

Angelo: Fantastic! The interview continues after the video. Viewers, get those comments rolling for Voodoo Dolls, and let's dive into "Assassin Man" together!

[The show continues with the surprise release, and the audience on Twitch reacts to the new single "Assassin Man."]

[Out of RP: feel free to interact during the show as you would do during a youtube or Twitch show ;).
The video will be available in next post]

Edited by user 10 February 2024 20:13:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
thanks 6 users thanked Head South Records for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 08/02/2024(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/02/2024(UTC), erich hess on 10/02/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 10/02/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/02/2024(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/02/2024(UTC)
#2 Posted : 09 February 2024 07:05:23(UTC)
Head South Records

Title: "Assassin Man" - Voodoo Dolls

Opening Scene:
The music video kicks off in a vibrant and chaotic anime world, set in the bustling streets of an unknown japanese style city.

h

The animation style is quintessentially Japanese manga, capturing the essence of the band's post-punk garage sound. Music starts with a raw drumbeat.

Character Introduction:
Jack Lai, the drummer of Voodoo Dolls, is portrayed as the clumsy and ridiculous assassin, armed with unconventional weapons - drumsticks. We discover his very ordinary life in a small messy appartement.

u

But one day, a crow brings him a message. His mission : to eliminate the talented guitarist, Haru Shibata.

h
g

Scenes depict Haru Shibata (Jack's target) practicing guitar, and playing guitar live during a rock concert.

g
g

The narrative shifts to Haru Shibata's daily life. Each time, she is alerted, feeling observed by an hostile presence.

We see Haru navigating the city with confidence, in a commercial area.

h

Listenning to her playlist, sitting on a public bench....

t

Eating ramen in a restaurant....

h
g

or in her bathroom....

g

Montage of Comedic Pursuits: we see Jack in various situations, observing his target. Absurdity heightens as Jack stumbles through various mishaps. Jack's assassination attempts are interspersed with comedic scenes. Children chase him, throwing rocks while he tries to escape. Dogs join the pursuit, playfully biting at his heels. We also discover Jack positionned on the top of a roof, suddenly attacked by birds....and falling from the roof where he was standing.
li
t

The video builds anticipation as Jack continues to bumble through his mission, struggling to match Haru's prowess. The tension rises with each failed attempt, accompanied by the catchy chorus of "Assassin Man."

Street Showdown:
The climax unfolds in the vibrant streets of this unknown asian city. Haru and Jack engage in an epic showdown, blending martial arts moves with electrifying guitar riffs. Jack tries to use his pour ninja skills, while Haru masterfully uses her fast finger playing technique to shoot yellow Lazer beams. The animation captures the dynamic energy of the band's post-punk vibe.

g
t
https://i.postimg.cc/HWf...-Xro-Bz-Nw-T-4-h1p39.jpg

Haru's Victory: in the end, we see Haru screaming "Punkpup", I'm choosing you!!!!" She summons a sort of...flashy colored pokémon like pet to finish the fight.
"Use your Anti-Pop Paw attack now, motherfucker!!!!"
h
g

With the power of rock'n Roll, Punkpup Unleashes a burst of electric energy with punk rock intensity on Jack, who immediately falls off the ground, KO.

e

Ultimately, Haru Shibata prevails, showcasing her manga-style superpowers. Jack's defeat is both comical and spectacular.

Haru finally captures him by throwing a yellow and black pokeball in the traditional anime style, solidifying her victory.

k

The screen shows her pet, Punkpup, receiving +1 experience point, which is very low, but coherent with Jack's level. However, Haru seems bothered about that (and the lack of challenge...).

Closing Scene:
Haru is back in her flat. She opens a secret door, leading to a room where she stores a huge collection of pokeballs. Probably opponents she already defeated.

y

She stores Jack's pokeball on a shelf, next to other pokeballs. Jack's ball moves a bit, but soon, a red light and a "click" noise confirm that the pokeball is sealed. Jack is captured. Haru seems satisfied.

m

End credits.

Lyrics :

Assassin Man

(Haru)
Assassin man
Assassin man
Assassin man
From Hong Kong Town

Jumping to the left,
Running to the right
What the hell are you doin'?

Assassin man
Assassin man
Why don't  you listen to your old sensei?

Assassin man
Assassin man
You have some skills, but you have no brain

Life ain't easy for a lame assassin like you

(Jack)
You have no Creed!
You have no Friends!
You think you live in secret,
But they all know your name!

There's No future for you (Jack)
In the murder industry! (Haru)
No, there's no future for you (Jack)
In the murder industry!(Haru)

(Haru)

Assassin man
Assassin man
Even your targets laugh at ya

Assassin man
Assassin man
On your kill count, just cats and rats!

Sneaking through the shadows
Flippin' like a pro
You just can't stop tripping on your own toes

(Jack)
You have no Creed!
You have no Friends!
You think you live in secret,
But They all know your name!

There's No future for you (Jack)
In the murder industry! (Haru)
No, there's no future for you (Jack)
In the murder industry!(Haru)

(Haru)

Assassin man
Assassin man
Just Killin' for the fun of it

Assassin man
Assassin man
Forgot your mission, now lost in Spain

Assassin man
Assassin man
Ninja kicks, but you're so insane

(Haru's outro)
The mission was clear,
You Lost the target
Dropping your weapon
Fumbling like a fool
Assassin man, you're breaking the cool

Life ain't easy for a lame assassin like you!
Life ain't easy for a lame assassin like you!

Edited by user 09 February 2024 18:09:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
thanks 6 users thanked Head South Records for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 09/02/2024(UTC), erich hess on 10/02/2024(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/02/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 10/02/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/02/2024(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/02/2024(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 10 February 2024 07:55:17(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17928 time(s) in 10420 post(s)
Atomic_Erich: Jack's room looks like my house when I was growing up.

Erica_Rox: this is soooooooooo coool. I wub you guys! But ...you were upstaged by the animal sidekick. Punkpip plush. Gimme. Now .

Nina_Rox: "upstaged by the animal sidekick." Or the Nina sangria story of life on the road with Erica Hess.

Ggeist:Jack did not graduate from Assassination Classroom.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Head South Records on 10/02/2024(UTC)
#4 Posted : 19 February 2024 06:10:05(UTC)
Head South Records

Angelo: Welcome back, basement dwellers! We're still hanging out with the amazing Voodoo Dolls. So, Jack, Haru, big congratulations on "Assassin Man" – the song and the video. absolute fire! Congrats on that, seriously! How did this come to life?

Jack: Thanks, man! Well, we hired the best authors on the planet for this one.

*Laughter*

Haru: All 5 years old!

*More laughter*

Jack: But in all seriousness, the idea hit us while binge-watching City Hunter anime. Busy days, you know?

Haru: *with a grin* Indeed, our schedules are packed.

Jack: We wanted to portray an incompetent assassin, and the lyrics... well, it's our style, eh?

Angelo: A chaotic genius at work, I see. Now, who came up with the idea of doing an anime for this?

Haru: Anime fits the grotesque vibe of the song. Making an anime video....It takes longer, but it lets your imagination run wild.

Angelo dives into some tweets. Erica Hess from The Harlots says, "Upstaged by the animal sidekick. Punkpup plush. Gimme. Now." Thoughts, Haru?

Haru: *laughs* This son of a ***** is the real star of the video.

Angelo: Speaking of Pokémon, do you two like them?

Haru: Hate them.

Angelo: *intrigued* Why?

Haru: I heard the creator loved animals, but if he really cared, he should've educated kids about wildlife, not make them capture virtual beasts, make them fight against each other....and everyone seems so happy, especially these beasts, happy to be dominated and used for little fuckers' ambitions....Pokémon is obscene.

*Angelo amused, Jack amused*

Angelo: Now, about The Harlots?

Haru: *pretends not to understand*The Harlots what? Do they like Pokémon?

Angelo: *laughs* No, no, no... do you like The Harlots?

Jack: Erica's from Osaka too, right?

Haru: Yeah, we're from the same city. I enjoy many songs from The Harlots.

*Haru starts singing a Harlots song, joined by Jack*

"HUNCHBACK
HUNCHBACK RAY.
HUNCHBACK
HUNCHBACK
HUNCHBACK RAY
THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS WILL HUNCHBACK PAY!"

*Haru and Jack have a laughs*

Jack: really a great song

Angelo: How does it feel to get praise from a band like The Harlots?

Jack: Rewarding. More than awards. It means we're on the right path.

Angelo: Karoliena Summers from Atomic War Brides also gave you a shoutout.

Haru: It means a lot coming from bands we respect.

Twitch question: "Haru, why aren't you on social media?"

Haru: *bothered* Dumb question. It's shite. Never in my life.

Jack: She just could not control herself.

Haru: I guess I don't need this in my life. And people turn crazy using them.

*Laughter*

Angelo : Well, it's nearly the end of the show. We have a little tradition here. We ask our guests to share a video with us, from a band, an artist, whatever...who inspired you....

Haru: Yeah, we picked a song called "Yellow Hate" by a small japanese band called: Sa Yuu. I listenned to them when I was younger, and it showed me a different way to play music.

Jack: This video is totally crazy...this woman who hates yellow....it inspired us a lot, especially our aesthetics.

Haru: Totally. Love them.

Angelo: Well, basement buddies, that's a wrap for today's episode of Angelo's Basement! A massive shoutout to Voodoo Dolls for bringing a killer new single, "Assassin Man."

If you enjoyed the show, don't forget to hit that like button, subscribe for more shows with more artists, and share your thoughts in the comments. Special thanks to all of you watching on Twitch – your comments and questions keep this basement alive!

Before we sign off, huge gratitude to Haru and Jack for being here. It's been a blast.

Jack : Thanks man. That was cool.

Haru: Thank you.

Angelo: And, of course, Haru's pick – "Yellow Hate" by Sa Yuu. Check it out, and let us know what you think. Until next time, stay groovy !

Edited by user 12 March 2024 16:34:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
thanks 1 user thanked Head South Records for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 19/02/2024(UTC)