logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 22 November 2009 09:01:10(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Popular hardcore-punk rockers Failed Youth have tonight announced that they will sensationally split, only three days after the release of their international number 1 album 'SCREAM'. The band gave this statement on the matter.

Quote:
Ok, so, lets get this out of the way. I called a press conference here today to announce that we will break up as a band. The end. Reasons? Not very many really, just we can't be arsed anymore. No, seriously. Call me selfish or an arsehole or whatever, but we walked into the studio today, sat down and just said. Fuck this, this isn't what we wanted. We never wanted to be famous, we wanted to make good music for everyone to enjoy, yes, but personally I fear it's getting to me. The interviews, the tv, the papers - everything. I can't fucking walk down a bloody street without being harassed by some prick.
So here's what we're going to do. The album will continue on sale obviously, but there will not be a Greatist Hits album as of yet. After all, we've had three bloody albums I don't think we really deserve one. But maybe, one day. Depends. But yes, all sales of the album will now go entirely to charity, aside from that given to the record label. Every penny to charity. From here? I don't know what I'll do. I'll probably go on an adventure, to Alaska or something. Don't know what the rest of the guys will do but I should think most will go back to doing what they've always done. Our house in Essex will be put up for sale, and all of Failed Youth apart from the rights will be sold off - that's all memoribilia, all merchandise, everything.
Will we be back? I don't know. But nothing beats standing in front of a Wembley crowd, nothing, and you all gotta know that.

More news as it comes in.
Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 22 November 2009 09:18:00(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Couldn't stand losing best Punk band for us on the Motherfucking Awards?
Jokes aside, this is fucking awful.
One of the only bands still active I still had interest on, dead.
But it was good while it lasted. Scream is a bloody destroying record, I'll never forget it.

-Favorite Son [Guitar/The Prisoners]
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Paradox  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2009 09:59:59(UTC)
Paradox

Man

this sucks
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.