logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 05 December 2009 12:13:49(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage

12/04/2009 - ASHLEY PERRY READIES SOLO DEBUT

If you were holding your breath waiting for another PANIC! album, you're probably dead already. But you can stop now. Practically every member of the band has some sort of non-PANIC! project going on. Ryan Ross Hernandez has a solo career. Gabriel Hunter has Breaking Dawn at Sunset. The Fallon brothers and Nick Asher has a yet to be titled band.

And now the big one: Frontwoman, lead vocalist Ashley Perry has recorded a solo album.

Ashley Perry is wrapping up work on her debut solo recording scheduled for release this December.

The ten songs were written and recorded over the last 12 months with studio work completed in Los Angeles, New York City and Tennessee. The project was produced by Ryan Ross Hernandez.

The album, entitled Songs Meet Heartbeats, features all new material written by Perry. Track titles include: "Are You Happy or Married?," "The Mess I Made" and "My Temporary Home Isn't a Home".

Perry, a founding member of award-winning American rock band, PANIC!, plans to announce a special series of U.S. dates shortly to be followed by a solo tour later in early 2010.

Currently, Perry is unsigned but has stated that with or without a label's support she will release her album before year's end.

Edited by user 05 December 2009 12:24:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2009 15:02:18(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

PANIC! front woman Ashley Perry has shed light on the details of her first solo album which is entitled "Songs Meet Heartbeats".

Speaking to her PANIC! fans at a O&A in New York City, Perry mentioned that she'd taken inspiration from classical music as well as contemporary.

"I'm trying to capture the catchiness of modern music but at the same time the power, emotion rather and seriousness of classical music and older music. In general, the goal is to inspire. I guess that's what art is supposed to do. But by all means I would call it a alternative rock/pop record”, Perry explained.

The 20 year-old also talked candidly about the about the process of writing a solo album compared to one with PANIC!. "With this record I'm able to chase down any crazy idea and to do what I want, so it's fun, but I wouldn't want to do that with this band, it's more collaborative, it's a group effort. So I like them both differently. But I would never trade the experience of making a PANIC! record, it's just amazing”, she stated.

Bandmate, writing partner, and producer of the upcoming album, Ryan Ross Hernandez stepped and added. "It's not what you would expect from a mainstream artist. I feel that especially the solo artist, part of music is really suffering from true music. Like, this isn't your typical Stephanie Fierce or Madison O'Leary record. I don't mean it as a bad thing, no disrespect to those artist but in my opinion, this is what I feel Ashley's album has that many artist are messing is, heart. That simple, heart. I know there is a place for meaningless songs but not everyone wants to hear a record like that. On her record, she has both up-tempo tracks and ballads but whatever it be she put heart in them and they have a true, real meaning because she wrote from her heart. Her voice sounds amazing but I think the lyrics should also be taken into account because they're great. Much better than any crap I write. The album, overall is better than not only myself, but most stuff out there", he explained.

While smirking over at Ashley, he brings the mic back up to his mouth and jokes. "But that's just me. Don't take my word. It's the point of view from a bias guy 'cause I'm in love with her."

The sea of mostly teenage fans give a wave of 'aww's' before Ashley spoke up after chuckling under her breath. "He meant as a friend guys. Calm down. His girlfriend is here and we don't want him sleeping on the couch tonight.", she joked.
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 06 December 2009 15:16:40(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: Um I don't consider myself mainstream, at least n America I don't. My albums have not reached number 1 in there, and many of my songs especially from my recent album were banned from the radios around the world. Which is the one of the reasons none of the singles reached #1. But even though they don't reach #1 my albums sell a lot because my fans are loyal. Anyway, how can you portray my stuff as heartless, when I write every single song from the heart. Not to be conceded but Stephanie Fierce and Madison O'Leary should not be mentioned in the same sentence, since I write my own music and she's a very different "artist". Which is also a reason I dropped her from my Vol. 2 album. Its just not her, because I have a different vision than what her writers do. Her fans would call her fake for doing that record.

How would you feel Ryan, if I said this is not your typical Ashley Perry who writes her own music. Its very disrespectful in my opinion.

Edited by user 06 December 2009 15:28:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 07 December 2009 04:13:20(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Stephanie Fierce: Um I don't consider myself mainstream, at least n America I don't. My albums have not reached number 1 in there, and many of my songs especially from my recent album were banned from the radios around the world. Which is the one of the reasons none of the singles reached #1. But even though they don't reach #1 my albums sell a lot because my fans are loyal. Anyway, how can you portray my stuff as heartless, when I write every single song from the heart. Not to be conceded but Stephanie Fierce and Madison O'Leary should not be mentioned in the same sentence, since I write my own music and she's a very different "artist". Which is also a reason I dropped her from my Vol. 2 album. Its just not her, because I have a different vision than what her writers do. Her fans would call her fake for doing that record.

How would you feel Ryan, if I said this is not your typical Ashley Perry who writes her own music. Its very disrespectful in my opinion.

Ashley Perry: "(sigh). See what you start Ryan?"
Ryan Ross Hernandez: "Hey, I was just giving my honest opinion. I have a right to say whatever the hell I want. Still, I never called yours or Madison's music heartless. If anything I just said Ashley's record had more heart. I just mentioned that every song on her record, has a meaning behind it. It's not just some random dance song, that repeats the chorus five hundred times. It's not a song called Sweat Nights on it, which I'm sure has some very nice story behind it. Also I think you have the definition of 'mainstream', a little mixed because mainstream in music doesn't just mean having a number one hit. Mainstream can be any artist who constantly charts in the top 40, which I'm sure you have done in the US. Your final statement toward Ashley is very inaccurate because she's always written her music, her lyrics. Ever since PANIC!'s first record, when she was sixteen, she's written her stuff. You shouldn't get mad at me, because I'm sure other people share my point of view, as well. Just the same as I'm sure some people think my music is sh--. Not everyone's gonna like your music. Am I right, Ashley?"
Ashley Perry: "Oh, no. I'm not getting into this. It's between you and Stephanie."
Ryan Ross Hernandez: "Ah thanks for always having my back, Ashley Nicole Perry."
UserPostedImage
#5 Posted : 07 December 2009 04:37:18(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

PANIC! wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Ashley Perry: "(sigh). See what you start Ryan?"
Ryan Ross Hernandez: "Hey, I was just giving my honest opinion. I have a right to say whatever the hell I want. Still, I never called yours or Madison's music heartless. If anything I just said Ashley's record had more heart. I just mentioned that every song on her record, has a meaning behind it. It's not just some random dance song, that repeats the chorus five hundred times. It's not a song called Sweat Nights on it, which I'm sure has some very nice story behind it. Also I think you have the definition of 'mainstream', a little mixed because mainstream in music doesn't just mean having a number one hit. Mainstream can be any artist who constantly charts in the top 40, which I'm sure you have done in the US. Your final statement toward Ashley is very inaccurate because she's always written her music, her lyrics. Ever since PANIC!'s first record, when she was sixteen, she's written her stuff. You shouldn't get mad at me, because I'm sure other people share my point of view, as well. Just the same as I'm sure some people think my music is sh--. Not everyone's gonna like your music. Am I right, Ashley?"
Ashley Perry: "Oh, no. I'm not getting into this. It's between you and Stephanie."
Ryan Ross Hernandez: "Ah thanks for always having my back, Ashley Nicole Perry."

Stephanie Fierce: Actually that's where you are incorrect I wrote every single song off the Vol. 1 album without anyone's help and "Sweaty Nights" and "Love Feels Like Grenades" are the only songs you'll considered "mainstream" or "Dance Songs". Other than those songs the others are very different and none of them really have a "formula" to them. Take "Sin City", "Pop Sinner" & "Lips That Burned Me"(The Most Underrated Song on The Album) as an example. Those songs aren't dance songs. They aren't catchy, they are more like Shakira's "Poem To A Horse". Radios have banned them because they are considered "Explicit" due to my complete honesty on them. I didn't hold back for the songs. Which is why I feel my album won "Best Album" at the birdies. I evolved lyrically and musically. And my final statement towards Ashely (who by the way I like the most) was more sarcastic and to help you realize that what you said about me was offensive. The whole point of me responding was because you offended me by stereotype my music (I'm guessing because of my first album, which if you know the story of, you'll know it was completely rushed). The whole concept of my second album was to balance my real life and a dream. And in order to have that I cannot have something that is written by someone else. I had to write it! I had to put my heart and soul into this album. I guess you can consider me "Mainstream" because how well my singles and albums sell and chart. But if I'm mainstream that makes you and Ashley Perry more mainstream than me and Madison O"Leary combined.

Edited by user 07 December 2009 04:48:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mouschi  
#6 Posted : 07 December 2009 04:37:28(UTC)
Mouschi

Woman

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 55 post(s)
The pop (or pop subgenre) female solo artist is the hardest thing to be in music. It's a good thing you do put heart in your music, because you have to, otherwise - if your records sell well, you're a sellout, if they flop, you're a failboat - both big insults. If you stand there and say, "this is just a song, it doesn't mean anything", you get loads of stick for it, and even worse if you didn't actually write the thing. Also, being a woman, if you wear too much, you're boring, if you wear too little, you're a slut, if you're too fat, you're a beached whale, if you're too thin, you're anorexic, if you're too old, you're a raisin, if you're too young, you're an underage sex symbol .... there's a whole new set of rules for women which don't apply to men. And to top it all off, being solo, we've got no bandmates automatically by our sides to help pick us up when we fall.
Good luck, Ashley, I'll be listening, and I hope that you don't get too antagonised by the industry. (:
-raven.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ooc info : debikzification
rp sites : bik.ki | dtbotb5 signups open! | official-g2l.com
kateverse rp : kateoffyourcolours 26/10 | danhellyeah 25/10
Offline PANIC!  
#7 Posted : 07 December 2009 05:52:48(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"Well, on behalf of Ryan, I would like to apologize for anyone that was offended by the remarks Ryan made. I've known him for seven years now and I know how can get, but like my bandmates in PANIC!, we are already use to it. Ryan is the greatest friend you could have but he can get overboard with helping someone he cares about. He isn't this egotistical a-hole, that the media portrays him to be, he can just get a little overconfident with something he believes in.

Thanks to anyone that is still excited to hear my music. It means a lot.
"

--.` Ashley Perry.

"I'm not going to apologize, that's for sure. I'm still standing by what I said. I'm going to farther defend my comments, I'm just going to let her music speak for itself."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
#8 Posted : 07 December 2009 06:05:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Fierce: I don't want an apology if that's what you think I want. You said what you said, and an apology isn't needed to such a minor misunderstanding I just want respect or knowledge of what I do. I don't like to be called or considered something I'm not, especially when it comes from a mainstream or popular artist like Ryan Ross. I wont stay quite about it. Its just how I am. As long as you understand I mean, its basically whatever. And by calling out certain artists you're basically just asking for attention, whether it was intended or not.

Edited by user 07 December 2009 06:07:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified