logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 13 December 2009 03:14:12(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Greetings! I'm Troy, front man of Reckoner, and for those of you who don't know, Reckoner is a new band. I was just wondering, what record label would be right for my band? I'm looking for any record label that would accept an alternative rock band, you could suggest any label you would like, and that is all, hope to hear from you guys soon, thank you!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:08:40(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim Dunn: My suggestion would be to do some independent stuff first before jumping into the label search. You really got to make a name for yourself with some independent releases, maybe a few singles or EPs, or if you are really ambitious release your debut album independently. Also try and sign up for and play the various festivals available, they usually have spots to showcase upcoming talents and label execs and talent scouts are always in attendance. Axiom, the band I'm in, has released 2 EPs and album and a single independently and done a few shows and we have generated a lot of critical praise and buzz from labels. You have to show you have the drive.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:14:54(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
Tim Dunn: My suggestion would be to do some independent stuff first before jumping into the label search. You really got to make a name for yourself with some independent releases, maybe a few singles or EPs, or if you are really ambitious release your debut album independently. Also try and sign up for and play the various festivals available, they usually have spots to showcase upcoming talents and label execs and talent scouts are always in attendance. Axiom, the band I'm in, has released 2 EPs and album and a single independently and done a few shows and we have generated a lot of critical praise and buzz from labels. You have to show you have the drive.

Basically this, he obviously know's what he's talking about. But if your interested in having someone produce your music, I'm free from any projects at the moment.

Liam
Offline troy211619  
#4 Posted : 13 December 2009 14:58:18(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Thanks guys!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage