logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laurelles1  
#1 Posted : 16 December 2009 04:13:12(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
The crowd is almost packed at the front, as metalheads and punks from the local area come to support Mind, a band who, to be frank, suck. But the good thing is that they're willing to have a good time.

As the spectators start to get wary at the front of the crowd, the stage suddenly is engulfed in blackness, and the backing music stops. Then, from out of nowhere circus music starts playing and Daniel the Clown appears on stage riding a unicycle and honking a horn. Once he rode up and down the stage a few times, he stopped in his tracks and the music died down a little, as he announced "Aiiiiight, Cambridge?" The crowd thunderously replied to this. "Good... Okay then. I don't want to keep you waiting. But I will anyway. Let me tell you a little... story about myself. For all you who do not know me, I’m Daniel. People call me That Mental Patient Wearing A Clown Costume, but we'll skip that. I wasn't born around here. I was born to an upper-class fami- I know...- Upper class family, who couldn't give TWO SHITS about me! So what did I do? I joined a band. And that band is... Mind. I met Jason at a WoW convention, since at the time; he was a fuckin' geek to be honest. I just went there to annoy people. Anyways, we were starting to like each other. Same tastes in music, same taste in video games, etc. etc. At first I was their manager, but then I turned into a producer recently. So... my friends... please welcome the epic that is... MIND!!"

The crowd erupted into a deafening applause which almost broke the roof... probably. The roadies were setting up the instruments, which took a while, so the crowd starting chanting for their band. After about 10 minutes, a red light flashed continuously over the stage and bagpipes played until a roaring solo from Aaron got the crowd prematurely moshing.

"Hello, Cambridge! Our home town!" Said Jason loudly. "ManoWar have the record for the loudest ever concert. We'll beat that 'eh?" Smiling, Aaron broke into the opening riff of Cascade of Blood to start the crowd. After 5 minutes of brutal metal, Harry comes to the front and throws his shirt into the crowd, who quite rowdily, tear it to pieces so that when the emerging victor got it, it was totally wrecked.

“Woo! Thanks for the reception, dudes.” Jason says abruptly and quickly before Aaron plays the gentle, acoustic intro to Elven City on his now-switched guitar, before Jason then comes in with a electrical guitar chord, to turn the pretty little song into a huge slab of prog metal, in which some of the crowd sing along to, although most just shut up and listen. For the last 3 minutes of solo, the crowd is completely silent, before the band if engulfed in a rapture of cheers at the end. Without any warning, the atmosphere changes immediately, as the song turns into Chromosome 13, undoubtedly the most vicious and death-like song on the whole album. After extreme moshing, in which 3 had to be taken out of the arena, Robert, silent until now, says “That rocked. Okay, fuck that; let’s have a bit of straight forward Heavy fuckin’ Metal! Here’s a new song called He Who Shall Not Be Named”
It took a couple of minutes to find some replacement strings for Jason’s guitar, but once that’d happened, a funky bass riff dominated the arena for a minute, before a powerful guitar piece came in like an extremely heavy blow to the face. A.K.A Pantera. Although the crowd is not aware of this song, they enjoy it anyway and a huge circle pit emerges, almost the entire arena. Even after the song had stopped, the circle pit was still going, and it seemed that they were having a whale of a time.
“Righty-ho then.” Jason chuckled loudly “This next one is umm… called Almost Again. It’s by a band called Strapping Young Lad who, by the way, are better than us. I recommend them. Fucking awesome stuff.” Then they go into the bittersweet metal song, which is hard to describe, yet got the crowd intently listening/moshing/listening and moshing. Following that performance, the band left the stage. “Goodnight Cambridge! Hope you had an awesome time here…” before buggering off getting prepared for the encore.

Surprise! An encore! The band miraculously appeared on stage again as they broke off into Free Your Mind, a song like Chromosome 13, vicious but technical still. Although the crowd enjoyed this, the band knew and they knew what everyone had come to see. “Okay then. Don’t worry; we know we need to perform Blasphemy! 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4…” then the Alt/Folk/Black/Hardcore song had begun its terrifying descent into awesomeness. This time the crowd was headbanging like the band hadn’t seen before and they ended the performance with a huge smile on their faces. “This time, really. Thanks dudes and dudettes! We had an awesome time and I hope you did too!” Then Robert threw his drumsticks into the crowd, and the remaining three members didn’t want to be outdone, so they broke their instruments.

Outside, the fun wasn’t over. People were cheering the band as they came outside and flag burning started immediately. Unfortunately, an incident involving a LOT of drink ended the night with the band in jail, but they didn’t care. They just wanted more.

OOC: Please review it, I actually worked quite hard on this one xD
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 16 December 2009 07:25:44(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Nice show guys, I'll definitely come to see you again some time.

Charlie

ooc: The rp was good, seemed a little rushed at points and you're not describing the atmosphere and the feelings of the characters enough imo, but I always right pretty bad performance rp's because I'm all about the emotion maan and I kinda suck at lyrics so yeah, I'm rambling now but just try to show more emotion and actually give the characters more defined characteristics - but apart from that top show :)
Offline Laurelles1  
#3 Posted : 17 December 2009 07:32:45(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason -Wow. People famous actually came! We're getting somewhere here!

OOC: Thanks dude. I'll take that on board next time.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage