logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bdylan88  
#1 Posted : 04 December 2009 11:29:47(UTC)
bdylan88

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
UserPostedImage

The Bards announce their newest album!!!!!

The album is entitled EASY WAY EAST.

It is a mixture of classic Bards sound and some Led Zep sounding rock N Roll mixed with blues

track listing
1. Red/Emption
2. Bullet & The Bone
3. Easy Way East
4. This Old Town
5. Outer Dark
6. The Sad Sun
7. Enders Anthem
8. Do You Remember The Planet Earth?
9. Lady Nation #5
10. Queen Jade

total run time 2 hrs. 45 min.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What an exciting day! THe music genius behind The Bards have agreed to reunite after years apart! We all know that Marc Rolan was rumored to have died because of a drug overdose but that was quickly erased when his manager told the PRESS that he is in rehab and doing well. All the original members have enjoyed a much deserved time off and have supported there hidden act, AUTOPLANE & THE HEARTS BIZARRE.

JR. Rhythm: We thought since we needed time off what better way to spend the days off than coaching and managing a fine young band like Hearts Bizarre.

BELOW IS A SNIPPET OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE THE BAND HELD

The press room is filled with eager chatter and flashing lights of reports and photographers. After a few minutes The Bards take the stage and the place erupts in a fury of sounds of joy and excitement. A very well looking Marc Rolan takes the microphone. Pictures snap.

Marc Rolan: Well Hello! I just wanted to say thank you the fans and yes, the press, for rekindling the fire. Our last album, The Raiders Of The Crystal House, is fast on its way to being our top selling record of all time! And I just wanted to say that that couldn't happen without our collaboration with Stephanie Fierce. But as for the proposed film, some other time when time always us to focus on it. So, now for questions.

A short chubby reporter with a bad haircut pipes up: Do you plan to tour or release an album?

Marc Rolan: Well we are planning to tour, eventually. As you all know our tours cost alot of money because we like to WOW our fans. But we have already decided to release an album and use that as our banner to tour.

reporter: Can you give us a title?

Marc Rolan: We haven't discussed one yet.

Another tall lanky reporter speaks up: All your albums have themes, Magic Machine, Lost Kings Highway etc. Can you reveal the theme of your upcoming album?

Marc looks at the band who shrug and nod.

Marc Rolan: I guess so. The way we "theme" our albums usually follows a surreal, fantasy vibe, something our fans love. But we our going to do something different, something very different. If you remember way back when we said we where going to release an album of true rock infused with blues. So that ye go. Last question?

A stokey reporter stands up: " Can you promise us that you will stick together?

Marc Rolan looks at the reporter. The words promise flood his mind. He glances at his band and then back at the sea of reporters.

YES.

Edited by user 18 December 2009 03:18:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 04 December 2009 11:36:19(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: Welcome back to the scene guys!
Offline bdylan88  
#3 Posted : 04 December 2009 16:51:34(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Stephanie Fierce: Welcome back to the scene guys!

Thank you Fierce!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#4 Posted : 15 December 2009 05:43:33(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

ALBUM OUT NOW!!!!!!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#5 Posted : 16 December 2009 02:37:46(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

ALBUM REVIEW

Album: EASY WAY EAST

Band: THE BARDS

REVIEW: The Bards have released their 7th studio album, entitled EASY WAY EAST after what fans feared to be a permanent retirement. Thankfully lead singer
Marc Rolan got his act back together and the band put aside their squabbles to come back. The thing I like about The Bards is their old fashioned rock n' roll, much like
T.Rex/Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. Their last album, Raiders Of The Crystal House, is by far my favorite album and is currently their highest selling album to date. The band
seems to drink from the cup of fantasy and Tolkienesque inspiration, that ultimately is the sound of The Bards.

After finishing their epic 4 disc album, Beyond The Inner Cosmic Fantasy, the band started to tweek and fizzle. The last disc of the album, Skywarriors and The Real Side,
was nearly a flop but was saved after, "Near Death", experience of Marc Rolan. So The Bards floated around in limbo, and us fans held our breathes in anticipation of what
was to come of this rock gods. The answer came last month with the announcement of them reuniting with a new album, EASY WAY EAST.

The Bards said they would take a different route and scratch the classic rock/blues sound they grew up with. And So they did. The album is a solid rock n roll album,
much like those 60's/70's rock bands we love. But the album is definatly a different route from their usual fantasy soaked awesomeness. They open with a powerful
rock/blues song that sounds like Led Zeppelins, House Of The Holy. Red/emption is quick on the guitar and loud on the drums and bass and clever and pure with the vocals.
The Bards nail these types of songs with accuracy and skill but its songs like Bullet & The Bone, and Lady Nation #5 that make me cringe. Those two songs began with an awesome 70 vibe like early Aerosmith but soon turned into an 80's hair metal band...something the Bards our not! But they redeem themselves with lyrically powerful and musically moving sounds, in the songs Outer Dark, Queen Jade and Enders Anthem.

Yes the album is definatly diferent from their previous work but do not fear because they sneak in two fantasy sounding songs that we all love. Enders Anthem and Do You Remeber Plant Earth. are two very strong songs that make this album worthy buying. So over all I give this album a 96/100. Easy Way East is a great comeback album and a good addition to The Bards
discography.
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#6 Posted : 17 December 2009 01:40:34(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

CHART UPDATES!!!

UK: 4
USA: 3
CANADA: 4
SOUTH AMERICA: 3
EUROPE: 7
WORLD:18

This marks the bands first time in the top ten in EUROPE!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#7 Posted : 18 December 2009 03:19:30(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

We are more than honored that we have reached top 3 in 4 countries!!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant