logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gemma375*  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2009 03:58:10(UTC)
Gemma375*

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Live Youth's debut album 'In Love With A Beautiful Feeling', which was released 5 weeks ago, has exceeded the band's expectations by hitting the top ten in four out of the five countries it was released in, and charted 27 in the world on its week of release, and is still top 40 in these regions over a month later.

UK - 2
Europe - 4
Canada - 6
USA - 8
Australia - 37
World - 27

The chartings are set to highly embarrass loudmouth Kamikaze Kate, who has pretty much stated that the band are non-existant after lead singer, Gemma Maddison let her personal life get the better of her.

Dean Keller stated in a press statement that "I don't really understand why people are asking questions about Kate's remarks, I mean, who takes that little child seriously, anyway? She is nothing but a bigmouthed piece of trailer trash who likes to open her mouth before engaging her tiny brain. Most intelligent people would make sure their facts are correct before they start publicly spouting off crap about other people. Gemma's a remarkable young woman. Who could honestly say that they would be more interested in their career than their family when they had two young children to care for after their husband had been put in prison? I dunno, maybe Kate would choose her career, but then that's the difference between somebody who cares and somebody who doesn't, somebody who is a real mother and somebody who is just in it for the tabloids and the fame, the difference between a woman and a child. But while Kate was saying all this, she failed to do her research and realise that while this was going on, yes the music slowed down, but it never stopped. Gemma and myself have been writing away regularly for the past year, trying out recordings and picking just how we wanted the album to sound. We're perfectionists. That's the only reason the album took so long to be released. The album was written, recorded, scrapped and rewritten again about three times before we released it for sale. We've never stopped working and doing small gigs around the country when we've had the chance. We just don't agree with putting out an album if it's not perfect - especially not when our fans will be paying for it. They deserve it to be the best album we could possibly make."

Gemma, on the other hand, seemed less concerned about Kamikaze Kate's remarks. "I actually found it quite funny how little she knows about me, the band and what she's talking about. I mean, this album was largely successful, yet five weeks later she claims we haven't done anything. And she's meant to be in the music industry?! I'm not judging her too harshly, though. She's just a kid, her brain's not fully developed as ours is yet. It's like asking a neanderthal to be up with the charts".

When he was asked, Guy Collins, the band's bass player, simply said "Kamikaze Kate? I don't take much notice of her, or what she has to say. Stupid name, stupid girl".

When questioned about the album, Gemma said "it's an incredibly fun album to perform in some respects and in other respects is deeply serious, and it really is myself and Dean putting our entire hearts and souls into the lyrics, into the music. I think it's done incredibly well to capture everything that Live Youth is, to capture every side of us and for the listener, I think no matter what mood you're in you will find a track to suit it. I just hope the fans can relate, and judging by our feedback, and the sales, they have".

Edited by user 21 December 2009 03:58:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2009 04:42:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: Same here. She's irrelevant anyway, so she tries all her best to cause some controversy so she can get attention.
Offline Gemma375*  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2009 04:24:37(UTC)
Gemma375*

Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Gemma: Yep, you'd think that as a mother she'd have her priorities set a little differently and she'd be a little less self-obsessed. But I reckon we should give her time. It must be difficult to prise her head out when it's stuck that far up her own a$$!!!!
UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)
Offline bdylan88  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2009 04:25:58(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
CONGRATS ON A FANTASTIC ALBUM!! -The Bards
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS