logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marksy  
#1 Posted : 23 December 2009 04:10:27(UTC)
Marksy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
The Verdict Is Vengeance might not be a household name just yet, but they do show like they have the ability become the biggest new band on the music scene. Although they have already lost a member, gained a new member and changed musical stylings, the band have just carried on without thinking about the past and the work they have put in with the new album titled Liberation shows this. Frontman and lead singer Marks has already been in four different projects while staying loyal to his closest friends who are all in The Verdict Is Vengeance. With a headline tour of the UK planned for the end of 2009, then finishing in mid January, the band look to become the next big thing in music. Kieran Marks (Lead Vocals) and Rob Williams (Lead Guitar) are here to give us more answers on the album, tours, ex members and future plans

Kerrang: So guys how does it feel to have produced the album after all the upsets inbetween?

Marks: I'm just so happy with the way things worked out in the end. When Isaac (Steen) left we didn't think that we would be able to carry on with the record, he was our best friend and he just tried to make everything harder, but i can't wait to see how fans react to some of the songs on the album. It's going to be interesting for us to see what fans prefer from us.

Williams: It wasn't the easiest time for the band, but it was the best. The amount of time spent thinking of ideas and lyrics was huge, but thats why i'm enjoyed the recording process so much.

Kerrang: You mentioned Isaac, have you had any contact from him since he left?

Marks: Nope. I'm not going to try and contact him either.

Williams: I've heard rumours that he is in a new band, but im not sure what to believe about him after what he's done in the past.

Kerrang: Back on topic, how did fans react to the change in styles?

Marks: We had been considering it for a while, i mean i was damaging my vocal chords to an extent that made it hard for me to sing at all, doing full songs of screaming was never something i had planned on doing. We talked about it as a band, All of us, other than Isaac wanted to change the style to one that was more suitable for us. But he refused to work with us on it and days after he and i quit Reject Message, he left us as well. But the fans all seemed welcoming to the idea, the singles and demos we released seemed to be downloaded alot and we've been given alot of possitive feedback.

Kerrang: Rumour has it that you had Sam Maine (ex Reject Message) feature in your songs, is that true?

Williams: Yeah it is, we wanted to have a good singer to perform our backing vocals and screams for us, and he was up for helping us. He didn't want to be credited on the song title but he is in the album credits under 'Guest Apperances'

Marks: I would love to work with him again the future, and he isn't in a band currently so who knows what could happen.

Kerrang: Your UK tour begins at the end of the year, how does it feel to be headlining your first tour?

Marks: The feeling is just amazing. The last tour we went on was when we we're a small band supporting The Wicker Man, now we've been given the chance to show that we can be a huge sucess and this tour will be proof.

Williams: And the people supporting us are really good bands as well, Counting Down To Yesterday have been our friends since we started as a band in 2008 and it's great to see them finally putting more effort into the band, and Reckoner are our label mates and look as if they have alot of promise that could make them on of the bands to watch in 2010.

Kerrang: One last question, What are your plans for 2010?

Marks: We're going to finish the UK tour, then maybe do a tour of America and Europe, it all depends on how the album sells abroad. But we will deffinatly be releasing a live album from the tour.

Williams: And we will be writting and recording new songs, that will most likely be relesaed on E.P's and singles, then we will work on the next album.

Edited by user 23 December 2009 04:42:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified