logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Nimrods  
#1 Posted : 23 December 2009 05:32:44(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Interviewer:Hi I'm Josh from Metal Hammer here to interview Jimmy Him and Davey Matlock of The Nimrods! First question, how are you doing since the last show Jimmy

J:Well that's a bit touchy but I'm better, my abs are killing me but I can play and that's what matters.

I:Ok next question, your most recent singles "Bleed the Truth" and "A Beautiful Death" are both extremely aggressive, what fueled this brutal recordings?

D:Well everyone knows one reason which is Jimmy's personal struggle.But the other reason is pretty much society.Humans are naturally fucked up beings, John Hobbes said so in the 1600s.We're all selfish,greedy,and dishonest and that's basically what the rage was about.

I:That's pretty deep for a Nimrods song don't ya think?

J:Without a doubt but it's more "us" and less influences.More of our songs will be like this, not the subject, but more mature.

I:I see.Your instrumentation has also improved once again, is there a reason behind this?

J: Believe it or not but it was Kit.He's such a technical drummer that we had to keep up too.Davey spent weeks locked up in the studio playing upright bass and listening to Victor Wooten and Steve DiGiorgio and Chris Squire, all these crazy fuckers and I studied with my dad who plays jazz, and a classical teacher in LA.Kit was partying every day and Davey and I were busting our asses.

D:Another way we improved I think, is that we practice a lot more.As a band we're really solid, that's not an issue.But Kit was the only one who practiced constantly alone which is surprising, but that's why, no offense I think he's the best drummer alive.I might be up there for bassists but Jimmy always wants to get better and he could I think.

I:Do you guys have any plans for touring?

J:Well, we're touring South America RIGHT NOW so see us there we play Buenos Aires today, it's gonna be pretty crazy.And after South America is done we head to Asia.After Asia we're working on our next album and then it'll be world tour time again, we'll be in Asia for quite a while though we're spending a week in Japan alone, we've got 3 gigs at the Budokan already lined up it's gonna be huge so come out and see us if you're in Japan or wanna go on vacation.

I:Who would you want to tour with out of anyone?

D:Jakey Comatose, he's prog rock, we're prog metal, it's perfect really haha.We also wanna tour with any of the madcore people because we're mixed genre so that should be cool.We're kinda lazy so we haven't sent any calls out, you can email us if you wanna tour with us now because we need support in Asia so whoever wants to come to Asia with us just call.

I:Who did you like touring with the most?

J:Most people already know it was the prisoners.I mean they;re amazing, Jimmy and I would get in so much trouble and shit, all night partying, making favorite son chug because he's fun to mess with, they're always great, I hope they do a reunion and tour with us again.Because they're so fun.

I:Your sound has changed a lot, what gear are you using?

D:I use an 70s Ampeg amp, an ESP viper bass, a 1969 Fender P-bass which is my favorite, and Jimmy's dad's 1965 wah pedal.

J:I have lots of rack effects, a Dunlop rack wah which is has an expression pedal that I use, like 3 different distortion pedal all with different settings, a chorus pedal from boss,a delay pedal from boss, and a rack reverb, I dunno who makes it, my guitar tech bought it to fatten up my sound.I use a Peavey 5150 II and Diezel Herbert for amps and I have a signature ESP V

I:Favorite musicians on the scene today?

Mixed Genre people, that new wave of prog metal that WE started, fuck yeah!Um Regan futerell, and Jakey Comatose.We really the old proggers too like the Black Gates, and we like K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E because they're metal as fuck.

I:Both if you were horrible addicts, are you clean?

J:Aside from pot and Alcohol yup.

I:Do you guys ever have fights with each other, the produces, the label, anything like that?

D:Not really, I might fight with Jimmy over a riff but we usually don't fight. Our producers aside from Rick Fisher are assholes so we usually self produce which is kind of what we're famous for because we have a good sound, just ask The Lost haha.

I:What's for the future

J:We're not gonna break up that's for sure.We're gonna keep going at it until one of us dies or until people stop listening.

I:Alright then bye, catch you in Argentina
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Captain Insano  
#2 Posted : 23 December 2009 18:04:28(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
What's this? Metal Hammer...is that dross still been produced? Get yourself interveiwed by Terrorizer...fucking real mag. That is all.

Rick Fisher
The Black Gates
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.