logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Thorgrim  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2009 23:47:01(UTC)
Thorgrim

Groups: Registered
Man

OOC: I'll be doing some rp'ing every now and then. I'm so fucking bored right now I decided to give it a shot again, haha.

After last year's failed TYRANT reunion, the guys are no back under a new name, heavier and meaner than ever. Under the name VENGEANCE these five fellows will start unleashing new classic metal masterpieces upon the world. As of December 2009, VENGEANCE involves the following people:

* Salvatore Cyclone (Lead vocals, bass)
* Hans Janssen (Lead/rhythm guitars, additional lead vocals)
* Ross Friedman (Lead/rhythm guitars, additional lead vocals)
* Axe Annihilator (Lead/rhythm guitars, backing vocals)
* Mitch Mauler (Drums, backing vocals)

During our downtime we've been writing a lot of songs, and right now we have enough material to release about twenty (!!) albums. We've already released eight 7" singles of demo material that've been selling like crazy. We still have a LOT of demo material left, so before we start unleashing brand new studio albums we'll put out a massive box set with all of our demos. So far I have no idea how many discs will be in it, but it could be around 8 discs.

So what about the brand new studio material? All I can say is that it'll be awesome. We've written all kinds of stuff, from classic US metal, to raging thrash, crossover, old fashioned doom metal, heavy rock, epic metal, oldschool progressive metal stuff, and even some AOR. Our first album will have everything mixed. So far we have released the following demo singles:

- Roll the Dice 7"
- Vengeance 7"
- Leaving 7"
- Here am I, send me 7"
- Running Wild in the Night 7"
- Restless & Wild 7"
- The Beyond 7"
- Invictus 7"

All of these are demos recordings, that were recorded on a 24 track tape recorded in our rehearsal room. Right now we're busy with building our own studio (outfitted with only analog equipment ofcourse), so it'll take a couple of months before we're ready to record a proper studio album. In the meantime you can look forward to more demo 7" singles, the "Back with a Vengeance" demo box sets, and hopefully some gigs. We hope to get BARBARIAN RECORDS back on track to release future VENGEANCE material.

We're looking for some festivals to play, so if you're interested in having VENGEANCE playing your festival, please contact us.

- Hans Janssen
Offline Thorgrim  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2009 10:20:30(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

So we've been busy and it looks like it'll become a six disc box set, featuring around 60 songs of classic heavy metal. We'll release every disc as a stand alone release, and when all of 'em are out we'll release them all again as a box. We're also thinking of releasing all of them on vinyl, but we'll have to see how they sell. I can already give you the tracklisting for the first two albums:

"BACK WITH A VENGEANCE PART I"
BARBREXCD0001

1. Roll the Dice
2. High Treason
3. Released upon the Earth
4. Vengeance
5. ... And Rome shall fall
6. We'll burn the Sky
7. Leaving
8. Doomed by the Living Dead
9. Armed & Ready
10. Bringing 'Em Down

"BACK WITH A VENGEANCE PART II"
BARBREXCD0002

1. Here am I, send me
2. Heroes, Saints & Fools
3. Running Wild in the Night
4. Sanctuary
5. The Devil cried
6. Restless & Wild
7. Behind Enemy Lines
8. Deliverin' the Goods
9. The Beyond
10. For the Sake of No One

We hope to have the first part out in a few weeks, but we'll have to see how it goes. I can assure you that no true fan of heavy music will be dissapointed. Both discs feature several styles, including hard hitting thrash songs, classic American heavy metal stuff, AOR, some ballads, doom, and old fashioned heavy rock. For example, "The Beyond" is dark epic (featured here in a shorter demo version) featuring elements of dark progressive rock like GOBLIN and classic metal like EXXPLORER, FATES WARNING, and JUDAS PRIEST.

Once we've released all our demo stuff, a proper studio album will be released. We're still thinking about what to release, as there's a lot of VENGEANCE material written. More to come later.

- Hans Janssen
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2009 11:08:21(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Barbarian Records! Nostalgia moment, those were the days .... shame it shut down, hope you remember our dedication compilation! (OOC : No, I didn't either until you brought up the label. K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E. released a covers album of all the bands on Barbarian, just before the label fell apart.)
The band - we're all still in contact and reform once a year for the Madcore Tour - wish you guys all the best and hope to hear more.
Welcome back to hell,
-Catriona Robbins [thrash metal flugelhorn // K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E.]
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Captain Insano  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2009 17:34:38(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hey Hans, good to hear from you and to see that you guys are back up and runnings. Should get a tour going one of these days. Nice to hear that you are looking at reprising Barbarian Records...thats just too awesome to contemplate.

Rick Fisher
The Black Gates
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Thorgrim  
#5 Posted : 27 December 2009 02:09:41(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

Thanks for the warm welcome. Let me assure you that we won't dissapoint y'all...

So the first Back with a Vengeance disc is out, and it's been selling like crazy. We also have a new 10" single out, featuring three new demo tracks:

1. Soldier of Fortune
2. What a Joke!
3. Forever I will roam

So far reactions have been pretty positive, but let me assure you that our real albums will destroy everything VENGEANCE has released so far. One of the things we're working on is a soundtrack to H.P. Lovecraft's The Dreams in the Witch-House, but there will be plenty of other things to look forward to.

We're still looking for a festival to play. Message us for offers.

- Hans