logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marksy  
#1 Posted : 17 December 2009 03:46:03(UTC)
Marksy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Liberation is the debut album from London based alternative rock band The Verdict Is Vengeance, and is due for release December 31st, 2009 on Suicide Records. The recording for the album has been in small stages for the past four months as the band have been touring and working with other projects during this time period. All of the recording has been done at the famous, Limehouse Stuidos in London with the album being produced by lead singer and label owner Kieran Marks, lead guitarist Robert Williams, and lead singer from We Shot The Stars; Alex Leuiso helping with the production.

The album is said to be "the start of the new us" after the original plans for the album being scraped after a huge arguement which ended with Isaac Steen, former bassit being kicked out of the band due to "refusing to work with the band." Liberation seems to have lyrics based around breaking away or from the mainstream, both in music and in personality, but other lyrics show a much more depressed inner personality of Marks; how his past experiences still haunt him to this day.

UserPostedImage

Studio album by The Verdict Is Vengeance
Release Date: 31st December 2009
Recorded: September 2009 - December 2009
(The Limehouse Studios, London)
Genre: Alternative Rock, Post Hardcore, Emo
Length: 40:04
Label: Suicide Records
Producer(s): Kieran Marks, Robert Williams, Alex Leuiso

Singles from Liberation:

1. "Heartbeat"
Released: 9th December 2009

2. "Egocentric" (Featuring Alex Leuiso)
Released: 18th December 2009

3. "The Sadness Won't Ever End"
Released: 8th January 2010

Track listing:

1. "Savior" - 3.25
Writer(s): Marks, Williams.

"The song starts with a slow piano intro, with Marks repeating 'I could have saved this, I could have saved the memory', The lyrics are about how forgeting past relationships is never easy and how it's hard to live without the person that was supposed to be 'the one'. The guitars in the song are slow but speed up towards the end of the song, leaving a heavy feedback noise at the end of the song."

2. "Egocentric" (featuring Alex Leuiso) - 3.59
Writer(s): Marks, Williams, Leuiso.

"Close band mate and best friend of Marks, Alex Leuiso featured in both the writting and added vocals to this almost pop punk song. The low synth introduction, followed by some heavy drum work gives a strange effect for listeners, the song is about how people of today just don't care about other peoples feelings. This song contains some of the most powerful lyrics on the album with Marks and Leuiso both singing 'I don't care about your looks, only of the heart you took', with the song ending with a slow drum beat and the words 'Your nothing' being repeated."

3. "Crash And Burn" - 4.36
Writer(s): Marks, Nind, Williams.

"One of the heavier songs on the album, with pure anger put behind the vocals. The song talks about how Marks' anger with former bad mate Isaac Steen, and how he feel as if he was used for fame. This song will appeal to the fans of the bands original style as it contains heavy guitar, drums and not much synth, with Marks also screaming, including the words 'Die, We never needed you'"

4. "Heartbeat" - 3.01

"Heartbeak is another of the heavier songs included on the album, and was written at the time when the band was still unsure of what they wanted to do. The first thing you hear as the songs plays is a low bass line, with a fast double bass pedal going, then the guitars and synths come in adding an extra heavy touch by using many pedals and effects. The vocals are more of a shout, then as the song breaks down both Marks And Williams begin to scream at the same time, this also features Sam Maine (Ex Reject Message) who wished to be uncredited, then the song ends with the sound of a heart monitor slowly beeping then failing."

5. "Falling For You" - 3.54
Writer(s): Marks.

"The softest song on the album, is a song with the only instrument being used is a piano, which plays slow, almost depressing notes. The vocals are deep and clean, and is easily the most emotional song that Marks has ever sung. It's about falling in love with someone, but not knowing what to do and panicing, then the end result is being with the person but not being able to please them, it ends with Marks softly singing 'What can i do?, I'm nothing with out you.'"

6. "Fear" - 5.47
Writer(s): Marks, Williams, James.

The song has a two mintue introduction containing a slow building drum beat, with a piano playing slowly. The song is about fear taking over someone, making them unable to do the simplest of tasks. The song shows a different style of lyrics compared to most on the album, with the song including 'I could make your world, change in the blink of an eye, i would make this happen, but only if you die.' The guitar effects used give a creepy effect and can make the listener imagine that they are in a horror film instanly.

7. "The Sadness Won't Ever End" - 3.36

"This song was written when Marks hit a depressed phase after The Verdict Is Vengeance failed to win any of the awards they had been nominated for at the Birdies. It's about however hard he tries to be sucessful, he can never seem to grasp it. The speed of the guitar alternates from the begining of the song when it is extremly fast, along with the drums and synth, then as the lyrics get deeper, the guitars start to turn into a break down then fade way as synth finishes the song."

8. "Liberation" - 3.44
Writer(s): Marks, Williams, Nind, James.

"Based around the idea of liberating people from the mainstream, the song shares the name as the album. This song shows that the band can write lyrics that aren't just based around being broken up with, or being depressed. It's about literally liberating someone with words, using 'Come try this new life with me, we can break away, we can leave for the city, i'll liberate your mind', musically it is rather plain, simple guitar and drums with no synth being used till the end of the song."

9. "Diamonds Aren't For You" - 3.42
Writer(s): Marks, Williams, Nind.

Marks and Nind began writing this song after they discovered that Marks' girlfriend at the time wanted to buy and wear all clothing that was aimed at a higher class, the song is generally a joke about how lower classes always aim look as if they are rich.

10. "End" - 4.20

The last song on the album is simply called 'End' and is a musical outro to the song, it contains lyrics from each different song that the band recorded for the album, even the unused songs but they have been remixed in a way that makes it sound like the type of song that could be used in any club. This is the song that the band decied to do becuase they felt that it would be the perfect way to end a debut album. Giving more mystery to what they could change there sound like for there next release.

Personnel

Main Band

Kieran Marks: Lead Vocals, Keyboard, Synths, Lyrics, Production, Mixing
Robert Williams: Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals, Production
Phil Nind: Rhythm Guitar
Connor James: Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals
Matthew Norris: Drums, Percussion

Guest Appereances

Alex Leuiso: Vocals And Lyrics On Tracks 2, 10 (Uncredited), Production And Mixing On All Tracks
Sam Maine: Vocals On Tracks 4, 10 (Uncredited)
Sean Grey: Guitar Work On Tracks 6, 7, 9 (Uncredited)
Mike Williams: Keyboard Work On Tracks 2, 10 (Uncredited)

Highest Chart Positions:
UK: 14
USA: 117
Canada: 107
Aus & NZ: 109
World: 127

Edited by user 10 January 2011 04:47:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Marksy  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2009 10:33:03(UTC)
Marksy

Man

The band members opinions on recording the album and more:

Kieran Marks: "The album wasn't the easiest thing thing that we've done by far, the whole Isaac leaving in the middle of recording didn't help me at all. He was my best friend but we got over it and have made a great album in my opinion. The difference in some of the songs, like 'Crash And Burn' which is one of the heavist songs we recorded, and then 'End' which we basically remixed lyrics from all the songs we recorded. I hope that some other bands like it, it would be nice for people to notice us for once."

Robert Williams: "I liked the way that we recorded it. We would basically record the songs as demos, send them to other bands, and ask them what should be improved. Sam Maine (Ex Reject Message Singer) must have around 6 copies of each song by now becuase he always could find some small way to improve them. My favourite songs from the album are 'Crash And Burn' and 'Heartbeat' but thats becuase i like the guitar work and how heavy they are."

Phil Nind: "I think the album will either be a huge sucess, or its going to do very badly, its got the songs that could hook fans of most genres in; Pop punk fans will love 'Egocentric', fans of Alternative rock should love 'Diamonds Aren't For You', and fans of Hardcore/Screamo should love songs like 'Heartbeat' and 'Crash And Burn'. If it doesn't sell i will be annoyed becuase we have spent months in the studio recording and producing the album to the best of our ability."

Connor James: The album is all we can do right now, it's not what would normally be seen in the charts but it's got it's songs that im sure even pop stars could like, but we will have to wait and see, if the album fails then we have to get over it, and work on the next record. It's all we can do and it's all we have planned to do.

Matthew Norris: I wasn't really involved with the writing of the album. I just showed up and recorded when i was told to, but i think that the album is great. I can't wait to see how fans react to the differences involved in the album and how that will effect our future releases.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 21 December 2009 10:38:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: That was an amazing RP!
Offline Marksy  
#4 Posted : 21 December 2009 10:39:50(UTC)
Marksy

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:

OOC: Thanks :) I've never tried at RP before, i'm glad someone likes it :)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 21 December 2009 10:41:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Marksy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

OOC: Wow you just started and you're that good. Keep it up and trust me you will own the next Birdies! :) I'll definitely keep reading your future RP's :)
Offline Marksy  
#6 Posted : 21 December 2009 10:48:58(UTC)
Marksy

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Marksy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

OOC: Wow you just started and you're that good. Keep it up and trust me you will own the next Birdies! :) I'll definitely keep reading your future RP's :)

OOC: It's good to know that i've got some support :) I'll try and RP a gig in the next few weeks.
Offline Marksy  
#7 Posted : 31 December 2009 10:54:12(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Liberation has hit stores today!

OOC: Can people comment on the CD, If they like it or not :) Thanks :)

Offline the strom  
#8 Posted : 31 December 2009 13:53:34(UTC)
the strom

" the harder tracks on the album rock!!!! and i do like the soft one's to but the harder songs touch my heart the most"

ben (the strom)

Edited by user 31 December 2009 13:56:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

HELL YEAH METAL FOR LIFE

THE STROM

the strom website here
the rockstar game music Here

bands

the strom (thrash metal) breaking up?
Band members
Ben
Ray
isacc
psyco
ryan
dlyin

Rp bands
Mind game (prog metal/alt metal)
Ben (guitar)
King (vocalist)
Jace (drums)
Luke (bass)

Offline PANIC!  
#9 Posted : 31 December 2009 14:46:06(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Damn! I thought I made depressing music, these guys beat me! Nah but seriously you got some real good stuff going on here and that comes from someone who doesn't like hardcore music at all. Anyways, I can't say it's amazing because I'm a perfectionist (and somewhat of a douche bag), I'll say its kind of a hit and miss sort of record. It sounds to me a little experimental, with the synthesizer and the closing track. I just kind of see it as trying a little too hard on your debut record, don't get me wrong I think it's great to have different genres featured on a record but PANIC! started doing that once we had a loyal fan-base from performing pop-punk music on our debut record. Then after that we started mixing alternative rock elements in there until with the latest release we just aimed at a rock record. I see potential here, if you guys need any help or advise on future releases feel free to contact me."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#10 Posted : 31 December 2009 16:37:16(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Dude, that was really cool! I never knew you were this good! Just wanted to ask if you could help us in some producing when my band would start recording some proper stuff?
-Troy(guitarist,pianist,vocalist for Reckoner)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Marksy  
#11 Posted : 02 January 2010 05:02:35(UTC)
Marksy

Man

troy211619 wrote:
Dude, that was really cool! I never knew you were this good! Just wanted to ask if you could help us in some producing when my band would start recording some proper stuff?
-Troy(guitarist,pianist,vocalist for Reckoner)

"Yeah I'd love to produce your future releases. I'd enjoy working with you, just tell me when and i'll see what I can do."

Kieran - Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Synths.