logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Raphaela  
#1 Posted : 30 December 2009 13:25:05(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
In the name of The Violent Pyromaniac Enemies, we (their old staff) understand if you want to burn and destroy any album of theirs you may own, after recent incest-murder-suicide scandal.
The weird thing is, we have received tons of requests that people actually want their second album out on the shelves, despite everything. We thought about it over and over, and after reading Sýkn's suicide letter and getting some death threats, we have decided to release it.
Fans, be happy, this is the last material they'll ever release, and it'll be out on January 5th.
The album was already all set up to be out on December 26th, but we thought people wouldn't want to hear anything else from those guys. We also won't release it right away because we need to decide to whom the profit with the sales will go. Two members are dead, we have sources telling us that Deus Lacertilla changed his name and moved to another country, so all the money belongs to Jay C, I believe.
But we have a surprise for the die-hard fans that can't wait. Here's the cover, tracklisting and a preview of the song entitled 'Confessions of a Dead Body'.
We changed nothing, despite some of the song titles can be related to the incident on Christmas day, all I can say is that it's nothing but a coincidence. Or Sýkn had that planned for months, we believe those songs were all ready when the recording started in November.
We also want to say that the pre-order to the album will begin on January 2nd, and the first 100 copies will get a copy of Sýkn's suicide letter. And that's not a joke!

UserPostedImage

01. Dig that Grave, baby!

Four minutes of pure Horror Punk, it could easily be a song written by American Werewolves, if it wasn't by Sýkn's voice.
Sýkn's voice is different, more raw and you can hear screams. The chorus 'Dig that grave, baaabyy!" is also another similarity with American Werewolves singer's style. Lyrics about a couple who is about to commit suicide in order to remain together.

02. My Own Blood (Betrayed me)

People may think it's a song about Eldur and the whole scandal, but 'my own blood' in this case is not a metaphor to his sister, he actually means his blood.
A different type of song, Sýkn's clean voice is back and their usual goth melody too. The difference is on the lyrics, it's not about murder, rape or anything of the sort. It's about a guy who gets Aids and can't conform with that reality.
He refuses the medication and eventually dies, but not before having sex with countless people and giving them that reality.

03. Confessions of a Dead Body

Metal-ish song. Guitar riffs that remind of Rammstein, with a 1 minute solo in the middle.
Sýkn's rough voice is back again, but no screams.
Lyrics about a guy who's on his death bed and confess every sins he ever commited in his life. We believe this song tells a bit of Sýkn's life, being another suicide letter he wrote.

04. Homicide Letter

Nothing different on this song, nothing at all. Probably their gift to the old fans. Slow goth melody, clean vocals, lyrics about murder, blá, blá, blá.
We all know the rest.
It's really similar to 'Don't Worry Now'.

05. Mummify me

An acoustic ballad. Clean voice is back.
'Mummify me, keep my body from rotting/Mummify me, keep my soul from dying' Is a part of the chorus. A bit repetitive and poppy, but the lyrics are pretty depressive, something we had never seen before from this band.

06. Drops

This song features only bass and vocals. If the band was still alive, it's be incredibly awesome to see Sýkn playing this live, all alone on stage.
Another slow ballad, a little more aggressive with the sound of the bass, but still a ballad.
Another lyric about Sýkn's obsession with blood.

07. Burning Out

This song has some sort of Hard Rock feel, reminded me a little of bands like Ac/Dc, Guns & Roses, and hat type of thing (if it wasn't by Sýkn's vocals).
The lyrics also remind of the usual 'sex, drugs & rock'n'roll' mentality.
It's a weird song for a Goth band to play, so it didn't sound that good. Probably the worst song on the album.

08. Slitting Your Throat

We can definitely say they were experimenting with this song too. A Post-Punk song that remind me of 80's bands such as Jesus & Mary Chain and Echo & the Bunnymen. Sýkn's voice fit really well on this song, they could have had a bright future ahead on the Post-Punk field if he was alive.
You can guess the lyrics by the name.

09. A Masochist's Diary

As usual, a Psychobilly song wouldn't be missed on any of their albums. If they released another 60 albums, all of them would have at least one Psychobilly song. Probably to honor The Cramps, their favorite band.
Despite of the lyrics, a song everyone can dance to. The keyboard adds a 70's, 80's disco feel.
Self-biographic lyrics too, as Sýkn was a masochist. The lyrics are a mix of the 'cutting open parts of your body' and sadomasochism.

10. The Final Act

Epic 8 minutes long song, the longest song they ever written in their career.
It can be divided in 2 parts of 3 minutes each, separated by a 2 minutes long guitar solo. The first part has also metal based guitar riffs, sounding a bit like thrash, and the lyrics are about every type of thing they ever written on the career, murder, suicide, rape, satanism, etc. Rough voice again.
The second part is totally different, a slow goth melody, with Sýkn's clean voice back again. Lyrics about dreams, aspirations, thoughts, about a person thinking back everything he/she did with his/her life. If we analise this song, we can think Sýkn had the suicide thing all planned. Or he was thinking of quitting the band after this album, none of the options would surprise me.
About the solo, it follows this line too, begins aggressively and near the end it becomes just a bunch of notes played slowly.
30 seconds piano solo at the end. Die-hard fans were spotted crying after this song.

Yours,

The staff

Edited by user 07 January 2010 03:52:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 30 December 2009 13:33:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: Wonderful concept! I really don't have any characters who would like this so I'm just commenting on OOC, I like the titles of the songs. Very creative. Catchy titles like My Own Clood (Betrayed Me), A Masochist's Diary, Confession of A Dead Body, HOT! Can't wait for the song descriptions!
Offline Marksy  
#3 Posted : 30 December 2009 13:39:39(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Kieran: I love the song names, and the album artwork, this will be a must get for me. I'll be pre-ordering this on January 2nd, I'd like to see the suicide note.
Offline Raphaela  
#4 Posted : 30 December 2009 13:41:21(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:
OOC: Wonderful concept! I really don't have any characters who would like this so I'm just commenting on OOC, I like the titles of the songs. Very creative. Catchy titles like My Own Clood (Betrayed Me), A Masochist's Diary, Confession of A Dead Body, HOT! Can't wait for the song descriptions!

OOC: Thanks Steph! I have some great ideas on mind, I just hope I can write it well in English, you know it can get hard sometimes. Sometimes I just don't know how to express myself in words, specially in English.
But I do try to get as weird as possible :P
I own:

Offline Paradox  
#5 Posted : 30 December 2009 13:57:34(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Raphaela wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

OOC: Thanks Steph! I have some great ideas on mind, I just hope I can write it well in English, you know it can get hard sometimes. Sometimes I just don't know how to express myself in words, specially in English.

OOC: Indeed.. Great stuff, that RP dead thing was cool too
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6 Posted : 30 December 2009 14:16:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

OOC: haha! TRUST ME I know how it feels! I use to use translator but it will translate things in the wrong tense, and it would actually make me sound more bilingual.
And yeah expressing yourself in your first language is much easier. That's why my lyrics sound better in Español. Lol, anyway, I really like the concept, I smell a Birdie!
Offline Aj  
#7 Posted : 30 December 2009 22:20:50(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
ooc: Your just amazing, Raph (L) ;)
Na, but seriously looks good and I'm looking forward to the song descriptions.

Fucking awesome. Sykn was a freeeakin genius, can't wait.

Billy

Edited by user 30 December 2009 22:21:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Raphaela  
#8 Posted : 03 January 2010 03:47:38(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Description of 4 songs now up.
Pre-order has already begun!

-Staff
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#9 Posted : 06 January 2010 12:21:57(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

The album has been released today!
We'll get the charts tomorrow and brag about it to everyone if the positions are good.
If they're bad, we won't post them here.
Buy it here.

-Staff

OOC: I forgot about this, so I haven't updated the description of songs. I'll try to get everything done tomorrow.
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#10 Posted : 08 January 2010 12:41:26(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

All descriptions up, made by the only person we could hire for 50 cents to do the job, the gardener!
Apparently, parents don't care about their children anymore, this album is flying off the shelves!
Charts:

UK - #34
USA - #53
Canada - #90
Australia & New Zealand - #90
South America - #86
Asia - #96
Europe - #18
World - #49

All top 100, and made top 20 in Europe and top 50 in the world charts!
Nearly 160,000 copies were sold only on the first week!
We're rich!

Yours,

-Staff
I own:

Offline Historyy7  
#11 Posted : 08 January 2010 12:44:21(UTC)
Historyy7

Thats great! Maybe I'll buy a copy when I have the chance.

-Victor
President of Anti-Pop Records/Vocalist and Rhythm Guitarist of Ijsje. Vuur.
bikz wrote:
Antipop? Is this back to the beginning or what? Midnight/Mythic got more artists than you! WE PWNZ :D

Historyy7 wrote:
What am I not allowed to start a record label? Because if not I will delete it.

bikz wrote:
No, you are allowed to start a label. Never mind me, I'm being all nostalgic and mad. The first label I knew of was called Antipop, and it had the most artists at the time.

Historyy7 wrote:
Should I change the name? If so I will. It's no trouble at all.

bikz wrote:
It's OK, I'm talking like 2005 labels, maybe before, the founder's probably dead by now. If not, I can arrange that .... *rolls up sleeves* :P not really, it doesn't matter.

Bands:
Ijsje. Vuur. (Progcore(Punk, Progressive, Classical))(Think Beethoven meets Tool meets Bullet For My Valentine):
Record Label: Molotov Records (2009-2010), Anti-Pop Records (2010-present)

Acute Paranoia (Progcore, Goth Punk)(Think Lacuna Coil meets Mastodon)(In Roleplay Only)
Label: Anti-Pop (2010-present)

The Enders (Alternative Metal)(Think System of a Down and Tool)(In Roleplay Only)
Label: Independent

Evinco Est Validus (Art Punk, Avant-Progressive Rock, Melodic Hardcore) (Defunct)

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records