logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 07 January 2010 12:04:38(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
So. Kash'll have it in for me if I don't start advertising the bands. (And she's already tried to assassinate me once.) So here goes ....

UserPostedImage
This is Moronic Changeling. My band. Madcore legends, if that's not, ahem, oxymoronic. The first one is Kaethe Jenkins, she sings and occasionally plays guitar, but when she does, we hit her over the head with it. Then there's Somerset Bissell. Yes, she's actually bald. And she used to be dead. Stop asking questions, she's a fantastic bassist and a lovely lady. The next one is Nick Biggs, she's THE best drummer, don't debate it or it may be the cause of your death. Then there's "Big Gay Elf", so nicknamed because he's a big gay elf. When Kaethe sounds like she's playing guitar well, we've actually switched off her amps, and it's either him - or me. Jimmy Bishop, the manager. No, I have no idea who the girl in my car is either. Probably your sister. So, erm, yeh. Sign us to your label. We're hot stuff.

K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E.
They play hyperactive thrash metal and they're crazy - and they're The Next Big Thing. No, bigger than that. They also like mashed potato and think monkeys go moo.
K.aethe (lead vocals) -- I.ngrid (mandolin) -- C.atriona (flugelhorn) -- K.ade (lead guitar)
UserPostedImage
A.ndrew (chamber organ) -- R.andolph (bass guitar) -- S.aul (rhythm guitar) -- E.d (drums)

That's about all you need to know.

UserPostedImage
So this is Firecracker 47. While us Moronics lot are the ancients of madcore, these Firecrackers - Joshy and Roxy in particular - are the newer faces of the genre, inventing "jizz'mo" (jazz/emo) as a rather strange subsect of the already strange "feline emo", which is madcore. Joshy, James - you can't knock their musical talent, Joshy sings like (but, as we've recently learnt, isn't) a beautiful castrato, and our bassist and backup vocalist James is the one who's all about the music. Roxy - she's up there, she's even got her own signature guitar, the "Kamikaze Roxtar". Mikki gives great - I mean, erm, she's great. So, sign them?

Shadow Of My Former Self
Made up of former members of Moronic Changeling and GirlSpice, and Raven Comatose (YES!), and their manager used to manage Gillians. Can't go far wrong!

Love you all,
-Jimmy B. [manager and occasional guitarist // Moronic Changeling]
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Historyy7  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2010 12:14:53(UTC)
Historyy7

Groups: Registered

Would any of these bands like to join my new label Anti-Pop records? It's new so I understand if you don't sign on.
bikz wrote:
Antipop? Is this back to the beginning or what? Midnight/Mythic got more artists than you! WE PWNZ :D

Historyy7 wrote:
What am I not allowed to start a record label? Because if not I will delete it.

bikz wrote:
No, you are allowed to start a label. Never mind me, I'm being all nostalgic and mad. The first label I knew of was called Antipop, and it had the most artists at the time.

Historyy7 wrote:
Should I change the name? If so I will. It's no trouble at all.

bikz wrote:
It's OK, I'm talking like 2005 labels, maybe before, the founder's probably dead by now. If not, I can arrange that .... *rolls up sleeves* :P not really, it doesn't matter.

Bands:
Ijsje. Vuur. (Progcore(Punk, Progressive, Classical))(Think Beethoven meets Tool meets Bullet For My Valentine):
Record Label: Molotov Records (2009-2010), Anti-Pop Records (2010-present)

Acute Paranoia (Progcore, Goth Punk)(Think Lacuna Coil meets Mastodon)(In Roleplay Only)
Label: Anti-Pop (2010-present)

The Enders (Alternative Metal)(Think System of a Down and Tool)(In Roleplay Only)
Label: Independent

Evinco Est Validus (Art Punk, Avant-Progressive Rock, Melodic Hardcore) (Defunct)

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline mouj  
#3 Posted : 07 January 2010 12:17:12(UTC)
mouj

Man

OOC: Who used to manage Gillians? Fudge, I'm dumb.
Gillians / Alternative Rock
Johnny Young / Vocals & Guitar
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.
I like cheesecake. :D
Offline bikz  
#4 Posted : 07 January 2010 12:31:14(UTC)
bikz

Woman

mouj wrote:

OOC : Mrs. Mason the firebreather. It's OK - it's only you, GirlSpice, RiP and fAthOm that I even remember having on C-DBM outside of my own artists. I was a bit crap.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 07 January 2010 12:35:56(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Historyy7 wrote:
Would any of these bands like to join my new label Anti-Pop records? It's new so I understand if you don't sign on.

Kash : Hmm .... well, we don't want to put all our eggs in one basket .... you do seem genre-specific, and DBM bands tend to do mix-genre, even if they identify with one (eg. K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E. are thrash, Firecracker 47 are jazz, etc.) - are you keen on "madcore" or mixed music?
UserPostedImage
Offline mouj  
#6 Posted : 07 January 2010 12:38:43(UTC)
mouj

Man

bikz wrote:
mouj wrote:

OOC : Mrs. Mason the firebreather. It's OK - it's only you, GirlSpice, RiP and fAthOm that I even remember having on C-DBM outside of my own artists. I was a bit crap.

OOC: Oh! I remember Mason. I always thought s/he was a boy. :/
Gillians / Alternative Rock
Johnny Young / Vocals & Guitar
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.
I like cheesecake. :D
Offline Historyy7  
#7 Posted : 07 January 2010 12:43:11(UTC)
Historyy7

Sure. The label is really only against pop music. It would be cool to have any of the bands join. As long as it isn't pop it's all good.
bikz wrote:
Antipop? Is this back to the beginning or what? Midnight/Mythic got more artists than you! WE PWNZ :D

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:
No, you are allowed to start a label. Never mind me, I'm being all nostalgic and mad. The first label I knew of was called Antipop, and it had the most artists at the time.

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:
It's OK, I'm talking like 2005 labels, maybe before, the founder's probably dead by now. If not, I can arrange that .... *rolls up sleeves* :P not really, it doesn't matter.

Bands:
Ijsje. Vuur. (Progcore(Punk, Progressive, Classical))(Think Beethoven meets Tool meets Bullet For My Valentine):

Acute Paranoia (Progcore, Goth Punk)(Think Lacuna Coil meets Mastodon)(In Roleplay Only)

The Enders (Alternative Metal)(Think System of a Down and Tool)(In Roleplay Only)

Evinco Est Validus (Art Punk, Avant-Progressive Rock, Melodic Hardcore) (Defunct)

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Captain Insano  
#8 Posted : 07 January 2010 17:50:40(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Shiny Metal Ass Records has had its twitching, swivelling, demented eye on K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E for some time. I mean, who wouldn't want a band on their roster that loves mashed potato? I mean, come on! The misfits at SMA would love to have you on...so long as you dont do a Mayhem and go amorous on the Bender statue.

Tomi
President-Shiny Metal Ass Records...the coolest label ever.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline bikz  
#9 Posted : 07 January 2010 22:43:35(UTC)
bikz

Woman

I'm willing to take a dive and sign my band Firecracker 47 to Anti-Pop. They do a mixture of jazz and emo with some elements of - erm, whatever, if that's OK. Their first album "Firecracker 47's Mind Numbing Musical Interpretation Of How Not To Take The Morning After Pill (And Other Vaguely Interesting Metrosexual Blunders) : The Debut Album That About Four People Have Been Desperately Waiting For" is due out 10th February. Don't expect it to hit the charts, but it should be a good 'un.
-Dame Katie van Mouschi Kairiri [manager // Firecracker 47]

Captain Insano wrote:
Shiny Metal Ass Records has had its twitching, swivelling, demented eye on K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E for some time. I mean, who wouldn't want a band on their roster that loves mashed potato? I mean, come on! The misfits at SMA would love to have you on...so long as you dont do a Mayhem and go amorous on the Bender statue.

It was Blitzy who got all over Bender, Mayhem was off banging one of Thunderwolf - anyway, who would turn SMA down? Kate was pleased with you guys. How rare.
-Catty [flugelhornista, K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E./ex-Madbirds // big sister of KamiKate .... well, I can't help what my mama popped out]
UserPostedImage
Offline Historyy7  
#10 Posted : 08 January 2010 06:51:21(UTC)
Historyy7

Cool. Just post the band's info in the Anti-Pop thread. Finally I've got my first band signed!
bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Captain Insano  
#11 Posted : 08 January 2010 17:58:38(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
bikz wrote:

Captain Insano wrote:

It was Blitzy who got all over Bender, Mayhem was off banging one of Thunderwolf - anyway, who would turn SMA down? Kate was pleased with you guys. How rare.
-Catty [flugelhornista, K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E./ex-Madbirds // big sister of KamiKate .... well, I can't help what my mama popped out]

Oh, of course...time and a shitload of heavy drugs has dulled my recollection of those haclyon days. So then, its a deal? It better be...or Plastic Statue of Bender will destroy your houses. Or flats. Or estates. Depending on where you live.

Tomi
Shiny Metal Ass Records
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline bikz  
#12 Posted : 08 January 2010 21:04:47(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Kaethe : Well, Catri lives in a lodge above Bikki siblings who do night business feeding blood to vampires ....
Catriona : Who told you that?
Kash : It's a deal. The label. This better be worth it.
UserPostedImage