logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 20 January 2010 04:49:09(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
"I don't hate you," I said, "I hate what you are."
"Stop talking to yourself, Luke, it's the first sign of madness,"
my housemate called from the hallway. He walked over to me. "No wait. Calling Lukey Comatose mad is like calling Jakey Comatose successful." Winding me up, as usual, no surprise there.
"Fuck a tree, Dave."
Dave stuck his tongue out. "Funny. Now, make yourself scarce tonight, I hope to be bringing a lady back, don't want any fags getting in the way!"
I picked up the ashtray and emptied it. "There you go." I winked at him. "Be careful not to have any more."
"Could do with one right now."
He got a pack of Mayfairs out of his pocket and lit one up. I shouldn't be hanging around smokers with a throat as bad as mine, let alone living with one, but I'd rather live with a good housemate who smokes than an awful housemate that doesn't. "Really looking forward to tonight. Third date!"
"Wow!"
I was genuinely surprised. Dave rarely went past the first. This girl must be special. "So it's all on for you two then?"
He shifted in his chair, a little nervous. "Not sure. I hope so. I really like her. A lot."
"You'll be fine."
I'm sure he will. Women LOVE Dave. He's one of those guys who's basically had it all thrown at him - he's charming, he's good-looking, he's physically fit, he's got a good job, he's got no problems apart from a smoker's cough and a prat for a housemate. You know the sort. I am not one of those.
Dave put his cigarette out. "I hope so." He picked his coat up off his chair and put some money on the table. "That's for dinner, you better use it, and you better keep it down, Lucas Mucus. I can tell when you haven't. S'laters."
UserPostedImage
Lucas Mucus - Dave calls me that a lot, especially as I used to get really bad gastric reflux when I first moved in. Put my fingers down my throat a few too many times - OK, once is a few too many times, but you get what I mean. Sometimes, when he starts spewing up phlegm when he coughs, he calls us "The Mucus Brothers". We are like real blood brothers, even though we're not related and have only been housemates for a year, and our personalities usually completely clash.
As for my real brothers - Jason, he's a great guy. Mature, responsible, more so than Jake or me. I love him, and Catriona, and my little niece Skye. Also, they don't show off. They're a happy little family. They made Kamikaze Kate my in-law, but meh, I don't have to see her or anything.
Jakey - I don't know. We used to be so similar. When he was in fAthOm and I was in hospital, I'd listen to his music and he'd come and visit me, and we'd bitch about Syke and what a diva bitch he was. That sounds awful now he's dead, but trust me, he deserved it. When I did 99% of the camera work and a small amount of the guitar and vocals for Rayne Berry's debut "Let The Challenge Begin!", Jakey was proud of his little brother. It felt like we were equals - he was backing Syke, I was backing Rayne.
Move forward. Syke - and fAthOm - are dead. Jakey "Comatose" Robbins not only avoided even getting a scratch on him, but is now a star in his own right, and a damn famous one at that. He marries Raven Storme. He starts a record label with Regan Futrell. Everyone knows who he is, he even has his own stalker in that Bikki lookalike. And me? What happened to my career behind the camera? I've gone from making DVDs for Rayne Berry, to being some randomer with a YouTube account. My career behind the guitar is a little more successful, I'm now a session guitarist known as "Big Gay Elf" - I think Kaethe Jenkins came up with the nickname, sounds a bit like her doing. I'm still starstruck that THE Moronic Changeling chose me - that's all down to Rayne pulling a few strings in DBM, really, but still. Wow.
Anyway. Jakey is - just like Dave. He has it all in his lap. But worst of all, he has it, and yet he's happy to throw it away, to hurt Raven so badly - and still people love him.
I love him too. I just hate what he is. Nothing personal.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
to be continued .... nothing personal.

((OOC : Let me know what you think!))

Edited by user 20 January 2010 04:51:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline old.gregg  
#2 Posted : 20 January 2010 09:31:43(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
OOC: Posting my support for a really good roleplay :) keep it up Bik and I'll try and get Jakey a bit more involved soon :)
-
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 20 January 2010 22:20:38(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I decided to take Dave's money out for dinner, instead of ordering a takeaway and sitting in front of "Sugar Rush" repeats all night. Have a nice starter-as-main-course dinner, and I'll keep it down. The fact that it isn't my money is a good incentive. Besides, I've spent a year out of hospital, I'm doing well in therapy, there's no reason why I should suddenly relapse.
I walked down a couple of streets, and found myself outside Skirmishes, nice little place. I used to come here all the time, with Jakey or Rayne, but not now, they prefer hanging out with the other musicians in The Dirty Barsteward. Haha, it was hilarious going to restaurants with Rayne, when we weren't recovered. "What would you like?", "Nothing.", "Would you like to see a menu?", "No.", "Shall I come back?", "No.", "Are you going to stay here?", "Yes." - it was like a comedy sketch.
I sat down, and a waiter ambled up to me. "What would you like?"
I was tempted to say "nothing", for old times' sake, but it's a bit stupid in-joking without anyone else you know there. Besides, I did want something this time round. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember for the life of me what I used to like at Skirmishes. "Erm .... a Coke, please. Could I see a menu?"
"Yes, sir, I'll just get one for you. I'll come back."
He walked away. Quite a nice bum, hee hee. His face wasn't too pretty though, and his hair might look good if he washed it. (Side note. Bedhead can be attractive, but make sure it's CLEAN bedhead. Nobody wants to run their fingers through their lover's hair and feel like they've just been oiling a motorbike. Except maybe Bikki.) Damn, I should stop doing "Hot Or Not" everywhere I go. But don't all single people do that?
I got my meal - chicken soup, nice and easy, won't aggravate my throat - and was actually having quite a good time, just having dinner and listening to the music. They were playing some of the GirlSpice and Aftershock duets. I like those, mixing popular with underappreciated, such different bands, and yet it works. I was nodding along like one of those stupid car dogs. However, it turned out that the sound system wasn't the only thing playing GirlSpice .... or, rather, being played by ex-GirlSpice.
UserPostedImage
"Look, I really like you. REALLY like you. I've never liked a woman this much."
"I like you too, and my relationship's been too perfect for too long, everyone needs a break .... but this sneaking around, it can't last, Dave. I'm engaged."
"So what? Let's just live for - FUCK."
I think they saw me, and hoped I didn't see them. May legged it, fast. I didn't bother going up to Dave, I just left the money on the table and walked outside. I got my phone out. I have to tell Rayne .... I don't know what to tell him, but he has to know something.
"Hello?"
"Hey Rayne!"
"Lukey? Is that you? Hello, stranger! I'm out with your brother and Chris and Raven and Regan Futrell, if you want to join ...."

He sounded too happy, blissfully ignorant. I couldn't tell him over the phone. "No, I'm just out for dinner, just going to bed now." I wouldn't be able to sleep, but I wouldn't be able to go out and see Jakey either. Not now, when I've been seething about him all day. "I just wondered if - you wanted to come over tomorrow?"
"Sure. We can talk Shadow videos. I could bring Raven and ...."
"No. Just you."

Before I could finish the conversation, my phone was grabbed out of my hand. I thought I was being mugged, but of course, I wasn't. "JUDAS!"
"How could you, Dave? You know how much Rayne loves her!"
"It was her idea, not mine, she needed a break."
Dave started sounding weak, shaking a little. "Please, don't betray me. Give me time to think."
"OK. But only because I'm your friend."
Why was I submitting to him!? "I still think you're a total dicknob. Nothing personal."
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
to be continued .... nothing personal.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence